Page 6 of 22 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Thread: •Official B2/W2 In-Game Tiers• * READ THE OP *

I 3/3 Golduck in Middle. It is outclassed by many Water types late-game.
    In order to understand my train of thoughts,
    you'll have to put yourself in my position. You can't expect me to think like you because my life ain't like yours; You know what I'm sayin?

- TI, Ready For Whatever
    Paper Trail.

Updated the OP with Golduck, Unfezant and Sunflora!

[3/3] Ampharos for lower mid

@ Aura: I think bottom is a bit low for Clefable. Cosmic Power and Stored Power can do damage to everything but dark types, and his defenses get buffed. I think that's justification for low right there.

^Click it!^

I think bottom is a bit low for Clefable. Cosmic Power and Stored Power can do damage to everything but dark types, and his defenses get buffed. I think that's justification for low right there.
    It also has the Special Movepool that most Special Sweepers would kill for. So yeah, I still say Low.

Editted Ampharos~

I'll [1/3] Weezing in middle. Useful, but not upper middle useful.

^Click it!^

and I'll go ahead and [2/3] it, as I've been arguing for the longest time.

Emboar - Middle Tier
    Availability - Starter
    Notable Moves - Flamethrower, Fire Punch, Flare Blitz, Rock Slide, Head Smash, Thunderpunch, Scald, Hammer Arm, Wild Charge, Heat Crash
    Stats - Terrific Offensive stats and HP. Middling Defenses and lolwut Spe

+It's offensive stats and typing let it play Mixed terrifically
    +It's high HP offsets it's Defenses to some extent
    -Has quite a few weaknesses
    -Slow, with no way to boost it's Spe
    -Has no Fighting STAB after Arm Thrust for a long time.
    Last edited by Tsumiki; 26th October 2012 at 6:13 AM.

I'll [1/3] Emboar, definitely outclassed by Arcanine in upper mid.

^Click it!^

It gets Hammer Arm when retaught using heart scale, which is found in Castelia Sewers. Id say Upper Mid.

Heracross - Top
    Availability - before Elesa
    Notable Moves - Night Slash, Close Combat, Brick Break, Swords Dance, Megahorn, Bulldoze

Stats - very high attack, good SpD

+ Hits very hard with STAB Close Combat and Megahorn

+ Can exploit its ability with the Toxic Orb and Flame Orb, which is obtained mid game and get status immune

+ Can take neutral special hits just fine
    - Mediocre Defense
    - Mediocre speed means it can be outsped and OHKOed with Flying Moves.
    you'll have to put yourself in my position. You can't expect me to think like you because my life ain't like yours; You know what I'm sayin?

- TI, Ready For Whatever
    Paper Trail.

But it needs to wait until PWT becomes available to take adavantage of the Heart Scale. I still say mid. Also, you have to take in account that using Hammer Arm as a main STAB pretty much guarantees you'll be outsped by just about everything after a single use.

[1/3] for TopCross. Rock Slide also deserves a mention.
    Last edited by Tsumiki; 26th October 2012 at 6:14 AM.

How is Weezing Middle but Metagross is only Upper Middle?

- TI, Ready For Whatever
    Paper Trail.

Metang is not a top choice ONLY because it's found pretty late in the game. It has literally no flaws, jeez you even catch it with an awesome moveset including Agility and the two strongest STAB attacks it can get (Meteor Mash and Psychic). A Heart Scale or two (of which you should have plenty at that point in the game) can get you even more useful moves. It IS a pseudo-legendary after all. And unlike Hydreigon, it doesn't evolve at level 64 so it IS very much usable. And unlike Flygon, you don't even have to bother training up a Trapinch/Vibrava, Metang is ready to evolve as soon as you catch it (and not nearly as bad). Just kill a bunch of Amoongus on the Victory Road with a Lucky Egg on and it's gonna catch up with your party level in about five minutes of "grinding".
    Huge attack, awesome typing and bulk, bad speed easily compensated by Agility (available as soon as you catch it) or Bullet Punch (one Heart Scale), great physical and mixed movepool easily make it one of the best pokes around the main game. You find it late, okay, not top tier but at least high. My two cents

Among the suggested moves, add Stealth Rock. Sturdy Sawk and Sash Haxorus are pretty damn annoying to deal with, toss in SR (easily done on both battles as Metagross can take fighting/dragon moves), problem solved.
    Last edited by edonub; 26th October 2012 at 8:33 AM.

Metang is not a top choice ONLY because it's found pretty late in the game. It has literally no flaws, jeez you even catch it with an awesome moveset including Agility and the two strongest STAB attacks it can get (Meteor Mash and Psychic). A Heart Scale or two (of which you should have plenty at that point in the game) can get you even more useful moves. It IS a pseudo-legendary after all. And unlike Hydreigon, it doesn't evolve at level 64 so it IS very much usable. And unlike Flygon, you don't even have to bother training up a Trapinch/Vibrava, Metang is ready to evolve as soon as you catch it (and not nearly as bad). Just kill a bunch of Amoongus on the Victory Road with a Lucky Egg on and it's gonna catch up with your party level in about five minutes of "grinding".
    Huge attack, awesome typing and bulk, bad speed easily compensated by Agility (available as soon as you catch it) or Bullet Punch (one Heart Scale), great physical and mixed movepool easily make it one of the best pokes around the main game. You find it late, okay, not top tier but at least high. My two cents
    Basically what I was thinking in a nutshell. However, it should also be mentioned it has a catch rate of 3, the equivalent of most legendaries. This, imo, is a huge flaw that really cuts it's efficiancy. I'll say Upper-Middle, but save my vote.

IMO, catch rate shouldn't be factored in to how useful a Pokemon is in game.

- TI, Ready For Whatever
    Paper Trail.

Quote Originally Posted by azeem40
    + Can exploit its ability with the Toxic Orb and Flame Orb, which is obtained mid game and get status immune
    Any items/TMs from the World Tournament/Battle Subway are discounted, so we can;t use that pro. Otherthan that Heracross for Top [2/3]. Gets Close Combat nice and early at lvl 34 and it will be about 10 or so levels before anything can hope to have a chance against this guy.

Quote Originally Posted by FoldingScreen
    -Slow, with no way to boost it's Spe
    Flame Charge would like a word with this con. Also Emboar's defences are the equivalent of Arcanine, which isn't always enough to compensate its low speed.
    Emboar for Middle [1/3]

Druddigon - Bottom
    Availability - Endgame (Victory Road)
    Notable Moves - Outrage, Dragon Claw, Superpower, Crunch, Bulldoze, Rock Slide, Fire Punch, Aqua Tail
    Stats - Very good attack, decent defences, terrible speed

- Description -

+Crunch cuts a hole in Shauntal's and Caitlin's teams.
    -Low speed and only decent defences means it struggles to take repeated STAB hits.
    -Very late
    -Near useless for the champion because of its low speed.

Its very late, like Golurk, but unlike him he's not immediately useful and in the 5 battles you have left until you beat the game, he does fairly average. In fact he's actually rivalled by Eviolite Zweilous, who has a better typing for the E4(including STAB Crunch), better defences with Eviolite, hits about as hard thanks to Hustle but suffers from accuracy issues.

EDIT:
    I agree, but this is quite a special case. Even at 1 HP, asleep with an Ultra Ball you have less than 10% chance of capturing a Metang.
    Last edited by Aurath8; 26th October 2012 at 2:31 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Huspoel View Post
    You're saying some really smart stuff there.

Flame Charge would like a word with this con. Also Emboar's defences are the equivalent of Arcanine, which isn't always enough to compensate its low speed.
    I suppose, but you really aren't going to use Flame Charge endgame anyways.

I'd actually argue for Low Druddigon (as does the OP) for the reasons mentioned in the OP.

Normally I'd agree, most generic Pokemon have similar catch rates to the point where lowering them enough and chucking your ball of choice is all you need to do. However, anyone with prior experience catching say, Moltres, will be able to tell you how frustrating it is to catch it simpy because it's ridiculous catch rate. Metang faces the same problems. You could False Swipe it to 1HP, Paralyze it and chuck Ultra Balls and still have trouble catching it. It could take anywhere between 5 to 30 minutes. This isn't factoring it's low apperance rate (5% iirc) and chance of having a crippling nature.*
    Last edited by Tsumiki; 26th October 2012 at 2:13 PM.

I'd actually argue for Low Druddigon (as does the OP) for the reasons mentioned in the OP.
    Had a second look at the Bottom tier, and I realised that, bar Hydreigon they're all truly incompetent battlers for almost the entire game, while Druddigon at least can effectively battle. Just ignore the re-tier proposal.

Weezing for Middle[3/3].
    Gigalith for Middle [3/3].

Castform - Bottom
    Availability - Midgame(Route 6)
    Notable Moves - Rain Dance, Sunny Day, Hail, Surf, Thunderbolt, Flamethrower, Solarbeam, Ice Beam, Thunder, Blizzard, Weather Ball
    Stats - Mediocre across the board

- Description -

+Can make good use of three weathers
    -Stats give out it no particular strengths
    -Relies on weather to do substantial damage
    -Weather potentially disadvantages teammates, and requires compromise in teambuilding as a result
    -Almost all of its notable moves come as TMs late in the game.
    Last edited by Aurath8; 26th October 2012 at 2:42 PM.

Editted Gigalith and Weezing.

[1/3] for Bottom Castform as well.

Quote Originally Posted by azeem40 View Post
    I strongly disagree here, hell this project even takes that into account /:

[2/3] For Castfofm in bottom.

^Click it!^

Quote Originally Posted by Aurawarrior8 View Post
    Any items/TMs from the World Tournament/Battle Subway are discounted, so we can;t use that pro.
    Sure we can. You get a Toxic Orb (Black) or a Flame Orb (White) in Reversal Mountain.
    100% of information in signatures on this forum involving percentages is false. If you feel as cheated by this atrocity as I do, don't you dare copy this into your signature.
    Hold on... if this percentage was correct at the time of print, that means the actual percentage of false information is less than 100% if this signature is included. Which means that... no! I've become a slave to the system!!

I speedrun DS Pokémon games. Currently, I speedrun Pokémon White 2, and I've also ran Pokémon Pearl in the past. If you want to see Pokémon games pushed to their limits (or if you want to do so yourself!), check out the Pokémon Speedruns website, and if you want to watch me, catch me on my Twitch channel.

Quote Originally Posted by Grumpy Snorlax View Post
    [2/3] For Castfofm in bottom.
    3/3 for Castform in bottom.

Quote Originally Posted by TotalPotato View Post
    Sure we can. You get a Toxic Orb (Black) or a Flame Orb (White) in Reversal Mountain.
    In fact, I did that with Heracross. :P

I thing Metagross deserves Upper-Middle [2/3]. It is found after the 8th gym during the climax of the game, but it evolves immediately and becomes useful immediately with its wonderful stats and Meteor Mash, Hammer Arm and Agility before you even touch the TM list. It is quite useful for the E4 and manages to cut a huge hole in the Champion's team. Certainly not top, but with the short time it has, it does very well indeed.

Sunflora for Bottom[3/3].

Unfezant for Low[3/3]. It hovers just above Bottom, imo. It's stats aren't half-bad for a Normal/Flying type, but its levelup moves just suck.

Ampharos for Lower-Mid[2/3].

I'm considering placing Clefable in Bottom. Its late, relies on supporting other teammates to be viable(which isn't the most efficient way to play) and its stats are pretty average all-round bar its Spdef and HP which are 90 and 95 respectively. Not to sure on this.

Golduck for Middle [3/3].
    Since I don't want to argue anymore about Metang, I'll just end it and say 3/3 for Metang in Upper Mid.
    Last edited by azeem40; 26th October 2012 at 8:20 PM.

- TI, Ready For Whatever
    Paper Trail.

Quote Originally Posted by azeem40 View Post
    Sorry for double post.
    LoL, did you double post just to say sorry for double posting?

^Click it!^

Since I don't want to argue anymore about Metang, I'll just end it and say 3/3 for Metang in Upper Mid.
    You can't nominate Metagross, since you proposed the tiering yourself, originally.

For future reference, for trade evolutions do we tier them as if we are able to trade? Shall we tier them separately? For example would we have an entry for Gurdurr in Low-Middle or something and Conkledurr in High/Top?

Dunsparce - Low-middle
    Availability - Very Early(Route 1)
    Notable Moves - Return, Drill Run, Coil, Yawn, Aqua Tail
    Stats - Good HP, low speed, mediocre everywhere else

- Description -

+Very bulky at the point of capture.
    +Gets access to the sleep status through Yawn very early
    +Can form an entire moveset through its levelup moves.
    -Later in the game it becomes increasingly worse because of its overall bad stats.
    -It will be outsped even early on in the game.

It is very useful early game, but its in desperate need of an evolution. Its not as if GF don't like the little guy, just look at its movepool. Other pokmon would kill for something like that.

You can't nominate Metagross, since you proposed the tiering yourself, originally.

For future reference, for trade evolutions do we tier them as if we are able to trade? Shall we tier them separately? For example would we have an entry for Gurdurr in Low-Middle or something and Conkledurr in High/Top?

Dunsparce - Low-middle
    Availability - Very Early(Route 1)
    Notable Moves - Return, Drill Run, Coil, Yawn, Aqua Tail
    Stats - Good HP, low speed, mediocre everywhere else

- Description -

+Very bulky at the point of capture.
    +Gets access to the sleep status through Yawn very early
    +Can form an entire moveset through its levelup moves.
    -Later in the game it becomes increasingly worse because of its overall bad stats.
    -It will be outsped even early on in the game.

It is very useful early game, but its in desperate need of an evolution. Its not as if GF don't like the little guy, just look at its movepool. Other pokmon would kill for something like that.
    OOPS. I forgot LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by Grumpy Snorlax View Post
    LoL, did you double post just to say sorry for double posting?
    No, I edited the post.
    CRAP! I did it again... <.<

- TI, Ready For Whatever
    Paper Trail.

OMG we got stickied!!
    Yeah I think we should keep pokemon like gurdurr and conkeldurr separate tierings, or maybe not even tier conkeldurr atall.

Dunsparce low-mid [1/3] you get it early is the only thing keeping it out of low IMO.
    Golurk - Low [3/3] (FoldingScreen, Grumpy Snorlax, dragoniteftw)
    Muk - Bottom [3/3] (Aurawarrior8, Grumpy Snorlax, dragoniteftw)
    Raticate - Bottom [3/3] (Grumpy Snorlax, Aurawarrior8, dragoniteftw)
    Delibird - Bottom [2/3] (FoldingScreen, dragoniteftw)
    Metagross - Upper Middle [3/3] (Grumpy Snorlax, Aurawarrior8, dragoniteftw)
    Emboar - Middle [3/3] (Grumpy Snorlax, Aurawarrior8,dragoniteftw)
    Heracross - Top [3/3] (FoldingScreen, Aurawarrior8, dragoniteftw)
    Last edited by Dragoniteftw; 27th October 2012 at 12:47 AM.

White FC: 2666 1277 6544
        Spoiler:- Credit & Trade offers:

Krookodile - High
    Availability - Early(Route 40)
    Notable Moves - Earthquake, Rock Slide, Crunch, Aqua Tail, Outrage
    Stats - Great attack, decent defences, good speed

- Description -

+Particularly useful in the endgame against Team plasma and the E4.
    +Intimidate inflates its defence. This partly remedies his low defences as Krokorok/Sandile.
    -Average stats as Krokorok means it begins to lag behind until it evolves at lvl 40.

If it didn't have relatively late evolution(s), Krookodile could probably make Top tier.

Page 6 of 22 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast