9 34.62%
  • I brush for two minutes or more

9 34.62%
Multiple Choice Poll.

Thread: Your oral hygiene

Default Your oral hygiene

What are your habits?

Votes are private so be honest about your gross hygiene
    Last edited by poix_the_yak; 25th August 2013 at 10:11 PM.

I brush at least once per day, twice if I leave the house that day or eat something really sweet/sugary. Floss maybe once per week and mouthwash whenever I think about it.

It's weird though because some people have told me before that they don't take good care of their teeth yet they never have cavities, while on the other hand, people who brush their teeth multiple times per day, floss at least a 3 or 4 times a week, and use mouthwash everyday have a cavity every time they get their 6-month x-rays.
    FC: 1779-0800-2195
    My friend safari: Noibat, Gabite, Druddigon

Quote Originally Posted by ebevan91 View Post
    It's weird though because some people have told me before that they don't take good care of their teeth yet they never have cavities, while on the other hand, people who brush their teeth multiple times per day, floss at least a 3 or 4 times a week, and use mouthwash everyday have a cavity every time they get their 6-month x-rays.
    This is me. I never even been to the dentist in all my 21 years of life.

I brush my teeth around five days of the week, sometimes four. I'll wake up late and I would have to get ready quickly in a short period of time before the bus arrives, sometimes I just can't brush my teeth/mouthwash/floss in a minute. However, I haven't had a cavity in six years... but I'm sure they'll arrive soon.
    Latest Shiny (8/6/14)
    Obtained via: MM Egg 76
    X: 2723-9673-8419
    FS:

I always brush once a day unless I eat something REALLY sugary then I'll brush twice or more.

Hibiki wants hugs
        Spoiler:- My claims:

I read that it's actually bad to brush your teeth right after eating because the acids in foods temporarily weaken your enamel; brushing too soon afterwards can scrub this weakened layer right off. Instead, it's reccommended to brush before you eat (concentrating on your gums and not actually on the teeth) and then floss after. So that's what I do. :3 And they're very healthy! I also brush at night before bed a while after dinner.
    What time is it...??
    Happy time!!!

I have opened a brand new online art shop! Here it is: http://www.etsy.com/shop/SugarcookieStudios
    I sell handmade, very affordable charms and jewelry, and I am currently taking commissions for custom charms!
    If you want to commission a custom charm, PM me what you would like! I can do anything you might want, including any pokemon! ^^

I usually only brush once right before bed. I brush for at least two minuets and I spend most of my time around my molers and tongue. Basically when I can drag my tongue across the front and back sides of my teeth and they feels smooth ad my breath smells good I'm done. Haven't had any problems with just doing that, then again I haven't been to the dentist in years. It's to expensive and we don't have dental insurance, that's to expensive to, and my parents work won't cover it. I can go to my school though and get a cleaning for 30 bucks if I wanted to.

NNID: Antagonistgreen | 3DS FC: 4727-5570-4170

Tumblr | Youtube | Twitch | Deviant Art | Miiverse
    Palletshipping | Cafemochashipping | Namelessshipping

I noticed that you haven't mentioned toothpicks and other such implements.

I usually carry both toothpicks and dental floss. Anyways I tend to brush after breakfast and dinner and usually save the floss and mouthwash as a chore before bed. I try not to brush too soon after my meals though. I haven't ever payed attention to how long it takes o brush so I can't answer that one /shrug.
    3DS FC: 4785-5475-7913. Friend safari: fire w/ Growlithe, Larvesta, and Fletchinder.

Favorite obtained 6th gen shiny sprites: 658, 681, and 697