Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: The scariest thing you have ever seen in your life.

My best friend had a seizure once while I was in Spanish. It wasn't that bad, but it still scared the living daylights out of me. Didn't help that he had another one a week later, too... Then he told me he's been having seizures every day for months after the first mentioned incident. My heart broke, it was so sad.

Last Thursday, I was driving home from work. I saw a bright orange light in the corner of my windshield, which continued to grow. The light soon consumed my vehicle. And when I woke up, I was home.

Thumbs up if you get that. In all seriousness, though, the scariest thing I've ever witnessed was probably metaphysical and not a real traumatizing event. All of my phobias are derived from real trauma, true. One could argue such a thought - but my memory does not stretch back far enough, perhaps out of respect for my current state of being.

I am haunted most by the memory of what I saw upon having mentally splayed out the course of actions taken in my life and how they affected my mind, and finding out that I was a furry or something. It was part of a psychology course, and I had a particularly eccentric teacher who believed the mind is best studied through thought. I really don't like to talk about it, I hear what I found isn't socially appropriate.

That's just me, though. I can't help but stay away from haunted phones, hospitals and knives.

Creating sentience is simple. Accepting it, however, is harder than it looks.

The scariest thing I've seen in life, is life. Once I realized what the real world was like, it was a real eye opener and a scary moment

Quote Originally Posted by Drake Pokétrainer View Post
    Watching the heart monitor of a patient who was dying during my apprenticeship on cardiology. I didn't see her die in front of me, but saw her die on the monitor.
    It was basically, an extremely irregular beat, it didn't even look like a heartbeat but more like the heart was spasming. And a pulse over 250. Then the pulse dropped from 250 to 30. Then there was a straight line with some peaks now and then when the heart tried to do its work but just couldn't and then just a flat line without pulse.

So yeah, it was quite scary. All the alarm bells going off and one of the doctors, his assistant and a bunch of nurses rushing in the room didn't really help.
    I haven't had a patient code on me yet (thankfully) but I imagine it's pretty frightening, especially the first time. I've had to do post-mortem care on a few people (I work in oncology and my floor also has the hospital's hospice suites so it's inevitable) but I haven't witnessed someone die. Caring for the body afterwards is... Strange. Not scary or even creepy... It's just weird.

For the most part, my life has been pretty uneventful as far as scary things go. I'd have to say the scariest thing that I've ever seen would be the world tumbling on the other side of the windshield when I rolled my car. So far, that has been the most terrifying thing I've ever experienced.

Zeitgeist. It isn't so bad now but I was pretty young when I saw it. Absolutely scared the crap out of me.
    [CYTUS]
    ICE - L
    eyemedia - Bloody Purity
    xi - FREEDOM DiVE↓

seeing my sister nearly dead on the road after her accident

damn this is a heavy thread
    life is
    a game

My brother when he cut his finger off, but that in itself is an exageration....
    damn, and i thought i saw some traumatizing **** in my life, jeez u guys really needed this thread to let it all out, huh? :s i feel for you guys
    Hey guys, please sign up to my RPG The Archetype, we need more members!

Spoiler:- text:

I am a proud member of Join the fight.
    Credit goes to Avenger Angel for making the RP's awesome banner. Thanks Bron and Neo for the awesome RP

seeing and feeling my bloody face and trying to cover it up before it reached my eyes.it happened a few years ago when i lost control of my bike and bashed my head on a tree,which knocked me out for a few minutes

Quote Originally Posted by ParaChomp View Post
    The saddest part is the fact that I'm being serious.

Okay, let's try this again. I've been hit by a car before...but I never saw it coming.
    I have also been hit by a car...on a pedestrian crossing. lesson: don't jaywalk in heavy traffic.

PLAYING SLENDER

Dammit, I've been practically dead. Too busy fighting demons and shadows.......* points evoker at head*....... back to work...* fires*

† I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

The scariest thing for me was when a fellow student died in afar crash. This was a complete eye-opener to me on how short life is and how quickly it can all be taken away. His wake was just brutal on me.

Quote Originally Posted by /b/ board
    What does Cheese Pizza mean?

Quote Originally Posted by Jacobthepokemonfreak View Post
    I have also been hit by a car...on a pedestrian crossing. lesson: don't jaywalk in heavy traffic.

PLAYING SLENDER
    I wasn't jaywalking, I was jaybiking.

Some of the stuff that pops up in my mind...
        Spoiler:- 3DS friend-code:

I almost got hit by a car once. My life flashed in my eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by latiamy View Post
    9/11 was pretty scary when I was in 5th grade. Second would be the Rake, if it was real. (Not the garden tool rake, lol)
    I was only 18 months old when it happened, but I remember seeing some of the footage on the news and I just thought "Why do big people hurt each other?" Seeing that through a baby's eyes traumatised me. The rake freaks me out too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tropius19 View Post
    This thread proves sppf is full of geniuses :x
    My Instagram, please follow!

Hoenn Starters :3

I'm gone from SPPF to pursue academics, and I most likely won't be back. Bye!

I don't think I was aware that 9/11 was happening when it did...then again, when I was a little kid, China was on the other side of some hill...which it isn't, by the way.

Some scary thing I remembered. My neighbor found a black cat in her backyard, dead, and I thought, for a dreadful few days, it was by beloved cat who had recently vanished from home. It wasn't him, thank goodness, but still...I love that cat so much
    Last edited by Moonlight Amaryllis; 10th December 2012 at 2:18 AM.

Spoiler:- Some Things:

The scariest moment in my life has to be discovering my aunt unconscious on her bed after she attempted suicide by overdosing on pills.
    The following month was so stressful and life-changing as my family tried to help her recover.
    As a 10 year old, I was not prepared for all of it.

| my anime list | anime reviews blog | photobucket | soundcloud |
    | ask me anything...no really! | level my sylveon! |
    | latest anime review: .hack//Sign |
    | currently watching: .hack//Tasogare no Udewa Densetsu // 07-Ghost // 11eyes // 2x2=Shinobuden // Inuyasha |

Quote Originally Posted by sAv1Or) View Post
    The scariest thing I've seen in life, is life. Once I realized what the real world was like, it was a real eye opener and a scary moment
    ~EDGY~

BSOD and weird little glitches and bugs in games always freak me out, but nothing haunting or traumatizing has ever really happened to scar me for life.

oh it's a love/hate romance. 'cause i could watch her dance, if i've got my boots.
    credit to Ruby Moon

My first little sister.

All jokes aside, my cousin killing my first best friend.
    [IMG]http://i43.*******.com/otn79k.png[/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by Pesky Persian View Post
    I haven't had a patient code on me yet (thankfully) but I imagine it's pretty frightening, especially the first time. I've had to do post-mortem care on a few people (I work in oncology and my floor also has the hospital's hospice suites so it's inevitable) but I haven't witnessed someone die. Caring for the body afterwards is... Strange. Not scary or even creepy... It's just weird.

For the most part, my life has been pretty uneventful as far as scary things go. I'd have to say the scariest thing that I've ever seen would be the world tumbling on the other side of the windshield when I rolled my car. So far, that has been the most terrifying thing I've ever experienced.
    I have to agree that the dead aren't scary, but just strange. During my first apprenticeship I already asked if I could go to the morgue if someone had to be there, to get used to it since you get confronted with death now and then in a hospital. I also helped moving a body, like, moving it from the hospital bed on the stretcher of the funeral director, closing the body bag and moving it in the car. It wasn't gross or scary, just weird. Same with the other bodies on a row, lying in their bed like they were sleeping, but it still looks different, especially the face and hands.

I am indeed the one with the power of a god.
    The divine flames that I've absorbed
    will burn you to a crisp with nuclear energy and leave nothing behind!

Quote Originally Posted by Klizcool View Post
    The scariest thing for me was when a fellow student died in afar crash. This was a complete eye-opener to me on how short life is and how quickly it can all be taken away. His wake was just brutal on me.
    There was a girl in my school who went into a coma after coming into contact with nuts (she was seriously allergic to them) and died soon afterwards. That was the day I realised that these allergies were serious, and could actually kill people - I'd heard that it could kill some very unfortunate people, but I'd never known how. It didn't help that there's a girl in my class who's just as allergic to nuts as the girl who died, too...

Quote Originally Posted by Poke's4Ever View Post
    ...Wait, what?

If that's true, then that's just... horrible. ;_;

Quote Originally Posted by BritishWeavile View Post
    I don't even...
    That's just...
    wat

| my anime list | anime reviews blog | photobucket | soundcloud |
    | ask me anything...no really! | level my sylveon! |
    | latest anime review: .hack//Sign |
    | currently watching: .hack//Tasogare no Udewa Densetsu // 07-Ghost // 11eyes // 2x2=Shinobuden // Inuyasha |

Watching my grandparents car crash on the news, even though it was a few months afterwards.
    Black 2 Badge Quest
    2 Badges

lv. 12 | lv. 15 | lv. 12 | lv. 12 | lv. 17 | lv. 18

Quote Originally Posted by Poke's4Ever View Post
    My first little sister.

major ouchie

Quote Originally Posted by Drake Pokétrainer View Post
    I have to agree that the dead aren't scary, but just strange. During my first apprenticeship I already asked if I could go to the morgue if someone had to be there, to get used to it since you get confronted with death now and then in a hospital. I also helped moving a body, like, moving it from the hospital bed on the stretcher of the funeral director, closing the body bag and moving it in the car. It wasn't gross or scary, just weird. Same with the other bodies on a row, lying in their bed like they were sleeping, but it still looks different, especially the face and hands.
    *twitch*
    idk why but that seems like something u get used to (not just comfotable right off the bat)
    #AlphaSapphire
    I am one of Jehovah's Witnesses.
    If you have a question about my religion, or wish to discuss my religion, the Bible, or anything related to this topic, feel free to PM or VM me, take a look at the information in my profile or visit our official website.

Quote Originally Posted by ansem the wise View Post
    major ouchie

*twitch*
    idk why but that seems like something u get used to (not just comfotable right off the bat)
    I wouldn't say getting used to it. Yeah I'm pretty sure you can put it aside better if you have more experience with it. But I'm sure something would be wrong with you if you treated those bodies like objects or wouldn't feel uneasy nor think it's weird.

I am indeed the one with the power of a god.
    The divine flames that I've absorbed
    will burn you to a crisp with nuclear energy and leave nothing behind!

Cockroaches

;-;

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast