Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What do you want from the Pokemon Adventures manga?

Hybrid View

Default What do you want from the Pokemon Adventures manga?

I haven't seen a thread like this yet so I thought I would post this thread. What would you guys like out of the Pokemon Adventures manga? Kusaka is wrapping up the HGSS and B/W chapter and he is about to get started on B2/W2. Some things I would like to see from the manga are:

In HGSS, I would like for Kusaka to wrap up Sird since she's overdue in my opinion and this chapter is the only place that can wrap her up CONVENIENTLY. I would also like for there to be one last dexholder reunion and I would like for it to be the FINAL one. Some of the older characters are getting too old to still be fun and there is a good excuse for the writers to have a dexholder reunion at the end of Generation IV anyway (Sird) and it would most likely be the last one. If there are more dexholder reunions in Generation V, then it would get too repetitive and the new gen was supposed to be a "fresh new start" anyway. And I want to see Giovanni appear in HGSS since there was an event dedicated to him in the games and truthfully, there's no other place for the "missing Giovanni" plot to be concluded outside of this chapter. I also want to see Spiky-eared Pichu (she would correspond perfectly with Gold's Pichu acting as the Pikachu-colored Pichu).

In BW, I want to see Zekrom be under the ownership of White for the final battle so the manga wouldn't be too tipped over for the favor of one version over another. I would also like to see Cheren and Bianca just appear one last time at the end, even though they probably will appear in B2W2 anyways since they had roles in the game. I also want the traditions to keep up like the starter-type cycle and the naming cycle.

In B2W2, I want for Hugh to be named after a game in some way (like I said above, I'm all about traditions). Hugh being a dexholder would be convenient because he has what all rival dexholders had in the past (he is nameable at the start of the game, something all the "trashed" rivals didn't have). It would also make sense for him to have Samurott as a "starter". I would also like for B2W2 to be more than a couple volumes because unlike the previous generations, the second set of this generation is not a third version or a remake. It is an entirely different plot so I would like for all the elements in the games to come to full fruition in the manga. I can see a great manga chapter for B2W2.

Some last things. I want Wally to have a somewhat critical role in a future chapter (some version of a RSE remake?). I didn't like how the manga jacked his starter (Grovyle) AND his "main" Pokemon (Kirlia) AND his Pokedex. I know Wally didn't have the honors of being a dexholder (it was due to his name I guess) so I guess he couldn't keep the starter but I seriously didn't like how they also took away Kirlia. That's his main Pokemon in the games so it was really unfair for him that he couldn't even keep Kirlia. If Wally does appear in the future, then I would like to see Ruby's Kirlia returned to him. And one last thing: since Porygon-Z hasn't appeared in the manga (or at least I don't think it was) it would make perfect sense for Porygon-Z to appear through Blue's Porygon2. (Most of his Pokemon evolve anyway, most Pokemon in the manga that belong to major characters evolve unless they are better off the way they are, like Red's Pika and Yellow's ChuChu).

I want Kusaka to IGNORE (partially) the naming tradition for any future BW-like generation. I mean, seriously, this tradition doesn't work anymore, and it's annoying how he diminished Cheren and Bel's roles just because of this.

I also want that at some point in the manga we have the previous protagonists' children appearing.

Another thing I want is for Mitsuru and Emerald to meet. The whole thing about the Zukan/Encyclopedia (Dex) and Jukain (Sceptile) could provide interesting developments.

Quote Originally Posted by Macromind101 View Post
    I would also like for there to be one last dexholder reunion and I would like for it to be the FINAL one. Some of the older characters are getting too old to still be fun and there is a good excuse for the writers to have a dexholder reunion at the end of Generation IV anyway (Sird) and it would most likely be the last one. If there are more dexholder reunions in Generation V, then it would get too repetitive and the new gen was supposed to be a "fresh new start" anyway. And I want to see Giovanni appear in HGSS since there was an event dedicated to him in the games and truthfully, there's no other place for the "missing Giovanni" plot to be concluded outside of this chapter. I also want to see Spiky-eared Pichu (she would correspond perfectly with Gold's Pichu acting as the Pikachu-colored Pichu).
    Well, there's the World Tournament thing in BW2, and since Kusaka likes to use all the gameplay, a reunion is very likely in the BW2 arc.
    I don't think the age thing will be a big deal for Kusaka, he could just create a "League of Pokémon Justice" or turning them into special agents for the government or anything like that. It's not like their age will just make them less enjoyable, have you heard of Batman? Or Iron Man? Or most of the DC/Marvel superheroes?

In BW, I want to see Zekrom be under the ownership of White for the final battle so the manga wouldn't be too tipped over for the favor of one version over another.
    This is Generation V, the one Generation that's all about opposites. It's COMPLETELY IMPOSSIBLE to adapt it into a manga without either picking a version or deviating from the original in a destructive way.

In B2W2, I want for Hugh to be named after a game in some way (like I said above, I'm all about traditions). Hugh being a dexholder would be convenient because he has what all rival dexholders had in the past (he is nameable at the start of the game, something all the "trashed" rivals didn't have). It would also make sense for him to have Samurott as a "starter". I would also like for B2W2 to be more than a couple volumes because unlike the previous generations, the second set of this generation is not a third version or a remake. It is an entirely different plot so I would like for all the elements in the games to come to full fruition in the manga. I can see a great manga chapter for B2W2.
    Just stop being OCD (I don't even know what means) with patterns. The naming tradition only started with Ruby and Sapphire, before that the characters were named after the first name option that appeared in each game. Crystal was the first one that had the game's name, as it was the first game with an English title, but it was also an option for the character's name. As of R/S, two things happened: The name options for the character stopped including the English translation of the title (which would be pointless, as the titles were already in English), and the games started to have their titles being in English.

The names used for all characters before Ruby and Sapphire were name options in the games, and were English translations of the titles (except for Yellow, as the game was named Pocket Monsters Pikachu in Japan), and R/S started using real names for the characters. But because Pocket Monsters Crystal Version was the first game with an English title in Japan, and the name option coincided with the title, Kusaka decided to use the game titles for the characters' names. I suppose this wouldn't have happened if Crystal Version was named Suishō.

Basically, Kusaka broke the pattern, and replaced it with a new one, and it's IMPOSSIBLE to keep this second pattern here in Generation V, where we have only two game titles, and the naming will probably be done with if all the following generations decide to do sequel over third versions, and I'm sure they will do this as, from a marketing standpoint, sequels are better than third versions. With the latter option, one could buy just the third version, while in the former one you wouldn't have a feeling of "Why am I buying the same game again?" and would have to buy BOTH games to understand the story.

That's is basically why Generation V decided to do sequels and is a pretty good reason to drop the third version pattern. If they go for sequels over third versions, Kusaka will be forced to drop the game name requirement for main characters. Not that it would prevent him to use game names for player characters, but he would need to give up the "you need a game name to be a Zukan/Encyclopedia owner" thing (and possibly also the "you need to be nameable" requirement) as it would be impossible for one of the three, and would probably stop the Mitsuru curse. Heck, this is specially annoying for Cheren and Bel as they did more and had more on then as characters than Mitsuru in the games, and the fact that their names where "Black" and "White" in Bulgarian and Slavic respectively. The naming tradition just DESPERATELY NEEDS to be at least partially undone.
    Anime... PAAWAA!!!

Quote Originally Posted by G-SANtos View Post
    I also want that at some point in the manga we have the previous protagonists' children appearing.

-snip name tradition rant-
    Hell no. That is the worst, the freaking worst trope to do in any story that doesn't focus on romance and has no need for such characters to appear. If Kusaka is going to stop letting the old characters appear (which I disagree with anyways), then he should make sure nothing from them appears ever again unless it's in reference. Them having children would ruin the characters and ruin the manga.

And dude, relax with the name tradition. Kusaka would of probably done the same thing even if he didn't have the tradition since the naming has barely anything to do with it. It's how Kusaka sees certain characters. If you hate how Cheren and Belle were treated then you should be hating the "the heroes need to be dexholders" tradition and Kusaka a lot more since those are the problems. Kusaka could of named the characters whatever he wanted, he didn't have to keep the game names if he really didn't want to. It's not the tradition, it's the writer because he could of give Cheren and Belle more time if he cared to, which he didn't. How Kusaka handles characters tends to be a problem anyways. I'm not too surprised when he ignored Cheren and Belle considering he loves showing off the dexholders all the time.

Anyways, I have ask, Macromind101. Does this question only apply to the future arcs?
    Last edited by Evilchibi_pichu; 20th October 2012 at 2:00 AM.
    90% of pokemon fans hate/dislike Pikachu, if you are one of the 10% who don't, copy and paste this in your signature (started by Rukario907)
    ~Treasure Fighter (Kiyomaro's Theme)~ and Fuji Syuusuke ~Claimed

My Journey Log of Pokemon White
    Warning: General jerkiness and sarcasm abound. Of course, spoilers as well.

In HGSS, I would like for Kusaka to wrap up Sird since she's overdue in my opinion and this chapter is the only place that can wrap her up CONVENIENTLY.
    Not going to happen. HGSS has one more volume left and that would be a total disaster to try to squeeze her in at this point. The next logical point would be B2W2's adaptation.

If Wally does appear in the future, then I would like to see Ruby's Kirlia returned to him.
    Can't see that happening, either. However, it would be awesome for Wally to catch a male Ralts/Kirlia to have a counterpart to Ruru.

I want Kusaka to IGNORE (partially) the naming tradition for any future BW-like generation. I mean, seriously, this tradition doesn't work anymore, and it's annoying how he diminished Cheren and Bel's roles just because of this.
    THIS. OH FOR THE LOVE OF ARCEUS THIS.

On a secondary note, what I would want from PokeSpe would be to stop the "multiple magazine" thing and publish longer chapters monthly in a single magazine. Although, I can't really imagine PokeSpe coming any other way.

Another thing I want is for Mitsuru and Emerald to meet. The whole thing about the Zukan/Encyclopedia (Dex) and Jukain (Sceptile) could provide interesting developments.
    I always wondered what would happen in that scenario, so I am actually exploring this in a currently-ongoing fanfic. I found the scenario to be quite a challenge to explore in-depth.

Wally, who returned the Dex and was weary of using both it and Grovyle, has no reason to see Emerald as being any different from Ruby or the other Dexholders.

Quote Originally Posted by Flintoff Cypress View Post
    On a secondary note, what I would want from PokeSpe would be to stop the "multiple magazine" thing and publish longer chapters monthly in a single magazine. Although, I can't really imagine PokeSpe coming any other way.
    Sadly I don't think Kusaka and Yamamoto have any control over that. It's not really that bad anymore though, since we only have one magazine that comes every month with an occasional second one right? I do wish they would do it the way you suggested though, because the problem with the current situation is it slows Special's down, making it likely for us to have even more rushing later on.
    "But sometimes I have to ask myself this question. It's true that to us his imaginings are nothing but the inventions of a busy mind. But to him, there simply is no other reality. Furthermore he is happy there.

So why, I ask myself, why in the name of healing him must we drag him painfully into the world of our own reality?"

~Doctor's memo, from Silent Hill 2

For HG-SS i was expecting it to finish on the 43th volume..but that went down the drain. I guess i still want Sird to make a cameo since she's been appearing on every chapter since the fourth.

For BW2 i really hope is not as short as the PT or HG-SS chapters.

Quote Originally Posted by Beat! View Post
    For HG-SS i was expecting it to finish on the 43th volume..but that went down the drain. I guess i still want Sird to make a cameo since she's been appearing on every chapter since the fourth.

For BW2 i really hope is not as short as the PT or HG-SS chapters.
    Well, i was right to be expecting that! Now what about that Sird appearance? And Agatha?

I kind of want to see a new character that uses an Eevee, kind of like how Red used Vee, but this one would be that characters starter pokemon.

Quote Originally Posted by iml908 View Post
    I kind of want to see a new character that uses an Eevee, kind of like how Red used Vee, but this one would be that characters starter pokemon.
    That should have happened in the second chapter with Blue owning an Eevee, and it evolves into Umbreon in the GSC chapter. But, I'm not sure if Eevee should count as a starter, since the player can never get it.

What about finding out what happened to Agatha at the end of the Yellow chapter? I don't know if Kusaka just forgot about her because it wasn't a loose end he wanted to tie or he's waiting to bring her back as a Checkov plot point.

Sird's master plan (if she has any) is also long overdue. At first it was exciting to guess what the hell was she thinking and what would she do next, but now it's like.. is she ever going to do something else than appear here and there?

Deoxys' fate is also something i would like to see. Did he find Entity one? Is Sird trying to catch him again?

It is exciting to wonder about loose ends that Kusaka creates, but after a while it becomes frustrating. Hopefully he can finish them all without getting rushed or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Beat! View Post
    What about finding out what happened to Agatha at the end of the Yellow chapter? I don't know if Kusaka just forgot about her because it wasn't a loose end he wanted to tie or he's waiting to bring her back as a Checkov plot point.
    I would actually love to see her back again. It really does feel like he forgot about her due to her being pretty ~evil~ and all, but with Wataru and Kanna getting cameos I think she deserves something. Her and Prof. Ookido talking about old times or something would be nice.
    90% of pokemon fans hate/dislike Pikachu, if you are one of the 10% who don't, copy and paste this in your signature (started by Rukario907)
    ~Treasure Fighter (Kiyomaro's Theme)~ and Fuji Syuusuke ~Claimed

My Journey Log of Pokemon White
    Warning: General jerkiness and sarcasm abound. Of course, spoilers as well.

What I want from the Manga? Have Wally get a real Pokédex (his own to keep) in a Yellow-esque fashion. I'm not saying he should be main (though I want it) I'm just saying that he should get one in that fashion.

Really, it's my personal wish, and fell free to do disagree or whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by dirkac View Post
    What I want from the Manga? Have Wally get a real Pokédex (his own to keep) in a Yellow-esque fashion. I'm not saying he should be main (though I want it) I'm just saying that he should get one in that fashion.

Really, it's my personal wish, and fell free to do disagree or whatever.
    Hmmm, give Wally a Pokedex? Truthfully, if we were still in the RSE times right now then I would love to see Wally join the Pokedex gang and represent the Emerald chapter but at this point I think it's too late for that. They already threw in Emerald and made him Sceptile's trainer. Don't get me wrong, I would much prefer it if Emerald did not exist at all and Wally filled in the role. I mean, Rayquaza is the mascot of Emerald. Wally was the one who awakened it while Emerald never even met it. I think the only contact Emerald has with Rayquaza is the piece of the Jade Orb he has on his forehead. If Wally was the main character of the Emerald arc and he continued the naming tradition by being under the secret alias "Emerald" or whatever then that would be perfectly fine with me, even better than how things are now. The only fulfilling thing that Emerald had in the continuity of the manga at that point was not making it seem like Oak was talking to himself at the end of the GSC chapter. But at this point, Wally is not the only one getting the unfair treatment and the Emerald thing worked fine so I guess things are fine the way they are now. The only thing I want out of Wally currently is give him back his f*cking main Pokemon. As if jacking his Pokedex, his potential character role and his starter wasn't enough. Kusaka stole the only thing he had left which was Kirlia. Seriously, Ruby can make do without Kirlia, I mean find a new Pokemon to drug PokeBlocks with! As long as Wally makes a couple other appearances in the manga (when convenient) and he is given back Kirlia then I will be perfectly fine with the way he turned out.

Oh and one more thing pertaining to this topic. First, I want to see something come out of the ending scenes in the Emerald chapter. Notice how Emerald's Pokemon are with other Pokemon belonging to main characters of the opposite genders. Also notice how they are all the evolved forms of Sinnoh baby Pokemon. I believe that Kusaka wanted to make something out of that. So I wish that the time constraint wouldn't be an issue here and bring that scene into fruition because it would be really cool if it happened. And plus, they would be b*dass m*ther****ers like Togebo if they are hatched by Gold. They can potentially be used to defeat the final villain of the chapter (if there will be more volumes for HGSS, guess we will find out tomorrow).

They can potentially be used to defeat the final villain of the chapter (if there will be more volumes for HGSS, guess we will find out tomorrow).
    I'm pretty sure 42 is supposed to end HGSS. Never mind.

The only thing I want out of Wally currently is give him back his f*cking main Pokemon. As if jacking his Pokedex, his potential character role and his starter wasn't enough. Kusaka stole the only thing he had left which was Kirlia. Seriously, Ruby can make do without Kirlia, I mean find a new Pokemon to drug PokeBlocks with! As long as Wally makes a couple other appearances in the manga (when convenient) and he is given back Kirlia then I will be perfectly fine with the way he turned out.
    If they had a reason to revisit Hoenn/RS (like if there were remakes or even sequels), I would almost bet with 100% certainty that Wally would appear (and not in a flashback). After all, they did have Eusine appear in the HGSS chapter.

Wally not ending up with a Ralts/Kirlia is just one of many things that Kusaka does to make his work differ from the games that he's adapting. Ruru just... fits with Ruby and his personality. I can't say the same for Wally. As said before, it would be cool to have him catch a Ralts/Kirlia of his own as a counterpart to Ruru.
    Last edited by Flintoff Cypress; 26th October 2012 at 6:07 AM.
    HeLlO. You'Re tOo slOw. yOu cAn'T ruN. FOuNd YOu! I AM GOD.

Okay, the ending of volume 42 today made around 80% of my wishes for this volume come true. Thanks Kusaka!!!

the return of Agatha( We don´t know what happen to her).
    Sird like final boss o I don´t know really. But I want a return of her a really interesting villain.
    Return of Wally in a remake RSE (I wish remake of RSE game too)

The pokedexholders like adult or young adults in the pkm would tournment (without childrens)

I'll just list what I'd like to see done in future chapters, I guess...

1. Dialga to kick Pryce's sorry *** in their battle, if they have one.
    2. Dialga to still kick Pryce's sorry *** even if they don't have one.
    3. Certain characters to be retired after HGSS. Like Giovanni, so over him in all parts of the franchise in general at this point, and yet for some reason he's still around.
    4. Nate and Rosa have their own counterparts who are the heroes of BW2 along with Hugh. Well just Nate really, Rosa can not appear at all for all I care.
    5. Someone to make a time machine/use Celebi or Dialga to go back to the past and rewrite history so Wally is the hero of the Emerald saga.
    6. Red shows up again and does something awesome.
    7. Blue, Green, Yellow, Silver, Crystal, and Emerald go away forever because their stories are finished and they're not interesting enough to appear again.
    8. ???
    9. Profit!

The major thing I want is mostly an explanation. At the end of the Emerald arc, everyone returned their Pokedexes for the Pokedex Support Mechanism. Was this ever explained? And an even bigger question, did the original 10 dex holders ever recieve their pokedexed back? If so, would that make them no longer holders? I haven't read past the Emerald arc, so if anyone knows if this is answered, can they tell me?

Quote Originally Posted by iml908 View Post
    The major thing I want is mostly an explanation. At the end of the Emerald arc, everyone returned their Pokedexes for the Pokedex Support Mechanism. Was this ever explained? And an even bigger question, did the original 10 dex holders ever recieve their pokedexed back? If so, would that make them no longer holders? I haven't read past the Emerald arc, so if anyone knows if this is answered, can they tell me?
    ..............Duh?

Of course they got them back. Why on earth would Oak take them back permanently?

Hell, Gold, Silver, and Crystal got new ones.

One thing I want from the manga is clarity. Some minor aspects of the manga are so vague. Like, if a Pokemon belonging to a non-main character is seen in its evolved form in a later chapter, sometimes it's never revealed if it's the same Pokemon. Some examples I can think of: Sabrina's Alakazam, Erika's Bellossom, and Saturn's Toxicroak. Sabrina has a Kadabra in the RBG chapter and then she has an Alakazam in the Yellow chapter. I'm almost positive that the Alakazam evolved from the Kadabra but since Kusaka never confirmed it it's never been official. Sabrina is seen with another Kadabra in GSC but I'm pretty sure it's another one since it was never seen battling. Erika has a Gloom in the Yellow chapter and then she has a Bellossom in the GSC chapter. Since that Gloom was never seen again, it would be assumable that the Bellossom evolved from that Gloom but again, Kusaka never made it clear. Saturn has a Toxicroak in the Platinum chapter which replaced his Croagunk in the DP chapter but since he never explicitly stated that the Toxicroak evolved from the Croagunk websites have no choice but to deem them as separate individuals. Those are the only examples I can think of at the moment but I'm pretty sure there are more.

Another thing is that I'm fine with Kusaka occasionally changing character's Pokemon parties from their game counterpart's parties from time to time but I get bothered if it's completely overhauled. And by overhauled, I mean either completely changed or even change the main Pokemon. For one thing, am I the only one who was bothered by how Jupiter didn't own a Skuntank in the manga? Her other Pokemon can burn in h*ll for all I care but Skuntank is what defined Jupiter in the games. Taking that away from her in the manga completely changes how she's portrayed. And Sid from the Hoenn Elite Four doesn't own any Dark-types, his specialty. He owns one Pokemon and it's a freaking Zangoose. Sereiously, a Zangoose??? And Wally. I know that it was kind of hard for Kusaka to keep him as a main character due to the naming situation and I'm fine with that but did they really have to take away Kirlia??? Gardevoir was Wally's definition in the games. Kusaka completely stripped Wally of all the good stuff he had but the least he could do was let Wally keep his identity. Ruby can find another Pokemon for his stupid contests. Stealing Kirlia was too far imo. My point being, a main Pokemon is what usually defined major characters in the games so even though it's sometimes good for the manga to differ from the games, I don't think changing a character's main Pokemon is a good idea.

One thing I would like for the manga, is that Langley (Georgia) from the anime appears at least as a cameo. Kusaka put Tōoru (Todd Snap) in the manga, and, while he's technically a game character, he debuted in the anime. Plus, Langley's anime rival is Iris, who is the champion in BW2, and... Well, her desing is cool.

Agreed. Things like this are better left up to the imagination. Nothing good can come from playing the "Babies Ever After" card and only results in a crappy, cliched ending with people infuriated because their favorite ship has been permanently sunk. Digimon 02 made an attempt to pull this ending off and didn't go over well. I don't want PokeSpe to be remembered as having such a cheap ending.
    That's what fan fiction is for.
    By the way, your statement of "attempt" is false, they weren't even trying to begin with. In With The Will there's an user who has been able to e-mail some people from the staff. Apparently, 02 was threatened by Bandai, something like "Why are you even trying? this is a kids's show", so yeah, executive meddling is part of the reason why the series turned bad. Someone actually suggested a 02 sequel, but Tamers was already in production (in fact, Tamers got the green lights very early), and Bandai decided "no more Adventure sequels", then they did that ending as a way to prevent further sequels. Basically, the ending was not supposed to be good, it was just made to give a definitive ending so that further sequels were impossible.

For one thing, am I the only one who was bothered by how Jupiter didn't own a Skuntank in the manga? Her other Pokemon can burn in h*ll for all I care but Skuntank is what defined Jupiter in the games. Taking that away from her in the manga completely changes how she's portrayed.
    [...]
    And Wally. I know that it was kind of hard for Kusaka to keep him as a main character due to the naming situation and I'm fine with that but did they really have to take away Kirlia??? Gardevoir was Wally's definition in the games. Kusaka completely stripped Wally of all the good stuff he had but the least he could do was let Wally keep his identity. Ruby can find another Pokemon for his stupid contests. Stealing Kirlia was too far imo. My point being, a main Pokemon is what usually defined major characters in the games so even though it's sometimes good for the manga to differ from the games, I don't think changing a character's main Pokemon is a good idea.
    Kusaka could have kept Mitsuru (Wally) as a main character (and the magazine chapters imply this was his original plan), but he just went "Oh no! The naming tradition" and created a new character, which was just redundant and, according to some users, brought tons of bad-writing. Mitsuru only had green Pokémon, so why couldn't he represent the Emerald version even without having the name? But I don't see how it changes the way they are portrayed or how it defines their identity, the characters' Pokémon are never mentioned in the game dialogues, they have no impact in the storyline, they are just meant to be the creatures you fight as gameplay obstacles. RURU belonged to Ruby, to begin with, so if you are arguing that their "main Pokémon" should be kept with them, then you could also argue that Yellow should have kept Pika because it was her main Pokémon (and it was, really), but we all know this didn't happen. If Mitsuru appears again and Kusaka decide to give him a Kirlia, then he could just make him catch another one just like how Yellow got Chuchu.
    Anime... PAAWAA!!!

Quote Originally Posted by G-SANtos View Post
    Kusaka could have kept Mitsuru (Wally) as a main character (and the magazine chapters imply this was his original plan), but he just went "Oh no! The naming tradition" and created a new character, which was just redundant and, according to some users, brought tons of bad-writing. Mitsuru only had green Pokémon, so why couldn't he represent the Emerald version even without having the name? But I don't see how it changes the way they are portrayed or how it defines their identity, the characters' Pokémon are never mentioned in the game dialogues, they have no impact in the storyline, they are just meant to be the creatures you fight as gameplay obstacles. RURU belonged to Ruby, to begin with, so if you are arguing that their "main Pokémon" should be kept with them, then you could also argue that Yellow should have kept Pika because it was her main Pokémon (and it was, really), but we all know this didn't happen. If Mitsuru appears again and Kusaka decide to give him a Kirlia, then he could just make him catch another one just like how Yellow got Chuchu.
    Well it's not like Yellow was forced to completely cut contact with Pika. She probably sees him every other day and she commanded him in the major battles that required the electric ultimate move to be brought from him. And in the portrait of the Dexholders at the end of Emerald, Pika was seen with Yellow. Pika may be under Red's ownership, but when it comes to being a starter Pokemon, Pika is with Yellow. Also, taking Pika away from Red would also strip him of an important asset because in the games Red owned a Pikachu (and in one version, started out with one). And Yellow got a Pikachu for herself as well. In the manga, Ruby can live without a Kirlia. And Wally never got a replacement like Yellow did. With Sceptile gone and Kirlia given away, Wally doesn't have a full team anymore. No Pokemon was seen replacing those slots.

I do apologize if I don't have every little piece of trivia memorized about a show that was produced over a decade ago. I take back what I said. I'll delete the post in a few. (I hate you people, I really do.)
    I was just saying. I didn't expect you to know all trivia, I was just informing you of something you didn't know.

Well it's not like Yellow was forced to completely cut contact with Pika. She probably sees him every other day [...]
    Red and Yellow live in different cities. I doubt they see everyday, as this is not the games where you can go from one city to the other in half a minute or so (which is also impossible in-universe, as Senri/Norman states that he takes 30 minutes to walk from home to the Gym, indicating the world presented in the games is a scaled-down interpretation).

And in the portrait of the Dexholders at the end of Emerald, Pika was seen with Yellow. Pika may be under Red's ownership, but when it comes to being a starter Pokemon, Pika is with Yellow. Also, taking Pika away from Red would also strip him of an important asset because in the games Red owned a Pikachu (and in one version, started out with one). And Yellow got a Pikachu for herself as well. In the manga, Ruby can live without a Kirlia. And Wally never got a replacement like Yellow did. With Sceptile gone and Kirlia given away, Wally doesn't have a full team anymore. No Pokemon was seen replacing those slots.
    Dude, this is not the games. Furthermote, they are never mentioned in the game dialogue, they are just gameplay obstacles. The games treat these "main Pokémon" as irrelevant to the plot. Reshiram and Zekrom, and maybe Kyurem if you consider him as G-Cis's Pokémon, are literally the ony Pokémon to belong to a character and play a part in the plot. Calling any other Pokémon belonging to characters as "main Pokémon" (except maybe for some Gym Leaders) is a complete bull crap. There's no such a thing as "main Pokémon" in the games.
    Last edited by G-SANtos; 5th November 2012 at 4:20 PM.
    Anime... PAAWAA!!!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast