Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What do you want from the Pokemon Adventures manga?

One thing I want from the manga is clarity. Some minor aspects of the manga are so vague.
    Good luck finding that. There's a lot of stuff that's so damn vague with no sign that Kusaka will ever do anything to clarify them. And with such a large continuity, that's just infuriating.

Kusaka completely stripped Wally of all the good stuff he had but the least he could do was let Wally keep his identity. Ruby can find another Pokemon for his stupid contests. Stealing Kirlia was too far imo.
    Considering that Ruru stayed with Wally for 95% of RS and after being returned to Ruby had very little to do with Emerald, I'm really not sure why they didn't just have Ruby with another Pokemon and have Wally catch a Ralts instead of Kelcelon.
    HeLlO. You'Re tOo slOw. yOu cAn'T ruN. FOuNd YOu! I AM GOD.

One thing I would like for the manga, is that Langley (Georgia) from the anime appears at least as a cameo. Kusaka put Tōoru (Todd Snap) in the manga, and, while he's technically a game character, he debuted in the anime. Plus, Langley's anime rival is Iris, who is the champion in BW2, and... Well, her desing is cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Flintoff Cypress View Post
    Agreed. Things like this are better left up to the imagination. Nothing good can come from playing the "Babies Ever After" card and only results in a crappy, cliched ending with people infuriated because their favorite ship has been permanently sunk. Digimon 02 made an attempt to pull this ending off and didn't go over well. I don't want PokeSpe to be remembered as having such a cheap ending.
    That's what fan fiction is for.
    By the way, your statement of "attempt" is false, they weren't even trying to begin with. In With The Will there's an user who has been able to e-mail some people from the staff. Apparently, 02 was threatened by Bandai, something like "Why are you even trying? this is a kids's show", so yeah, executive meddling is part of the reason why the series turned bad. Someone actually suggested a 02 sequel, but Tamers was already in production (in fact, Tamers got the green lights very early), and Bandai decided "no more Adventure sequels", then they did that ending as a way to prevent further sequels. Basically, the ending was not supposed to be good, it was just made to give a definitive ending so that further sequels were impossible.

Quote Originally Posted by Macromind101 View Post
    For one thing, am I the only one who was bothered by how Jupiter didn't own a Skuntank in the manga? Her other Pokemon can burn in h*ll for all I care but Skuntank is what defined Jupiter in the games. Taking that away from her in the manga completely changes how she's portrayed.
    [...]
    And Wally. I know that it was kind of hard for Kusaka to keep him as a main character due to the naming situation and I'm fine with that but did they really have to take away Kirlia??? Gardevoir was Wally's definition in the games. Kusaka completely stripped Wally of all the good stuff he had but the least he could do was let Wally keep his identity. Ruby can find another Pokemon for his stupid contests. Stealing Kirlia was too far imo. My point being, a main Pokemon is what usually defined major characters in the games so even though it's sometimes good for the manga to differ from the games, I don't think changing a character's main Pokemon is a good idea.
    Kusaka could have kept Mitsuru (Wally) as a main character (and the magazine chapters imply this was his original plan), but he just went "Oh no! The naming tradition" and created a new character, which was just redundant and, according to some users, brought tons of bad-writing. Mitsuru only had green Pokémon, so why couldn't he represent the Emerald version even without having the name? But I don't see how it changes the way they are portrayed or how it defines their identity, the characters' Pokémon are never mentioned in the game dialogues, they have no impact in the storyline, they are just meant to be the creatures you fight as gameplay obstacles. RURU belonged to Ruby, to begin with, so if you are arguing that their "main Pokémon" should be kept with them, then you could also argue that Yellow should have kept Pika because it was her main Pokémon (and it was, really), but we all know this didn't happen. If Mitsuru appears again and Kusaka decide to give him a Kirlia, then he could just make him catch another one just like how Yellow got Chuchu.
    Anime... PAAWAA!!!

By the way, your statement of "attempt" is false, they weren't even trying to begin with. In With The Will there's an user who has been able to e-mail some people from the staff. Apparently, 02 was threatened by Bandai, something like "Why are you even trying? this is a kids's show", so yeah, executive meddling is part of the reason why the series turned bad. Someone actually suggested a 02 sequel, but Tamers was already in production (in fact, Tamers got the green lights very early), and Bandai decided "no more Adventure sequels", then they did that ending as a way to prevent further sequels. Basically, the ending was not supposed to be good, it was just made to give a definitive ending so that further sequels were impossible.
    I do apologize if I don't have every little piece of trivia memorized about a show that was produced over a decade ago. I take back what I said. I'll delete the post in a few. (I hate you people, I really do.)

If Mitsuru appears again and Kusaka decide to give him a Kirlia, then he could just make him catch another one just like how Yellow got Chuchu.
    But then people would say that Kusaka is copy/pasting Yellow's story by having the exact same thing happen to Wally. Although, it would be cool to see Ruru evolve to a Gardevior and have Wally have a Gallade.

Quote Originally Posted by G-SANtos View Post
    Kusaka could have kept Mitsuru (Wally) as a main character (and the magazine chapters imply this was his original plan), but he just went "Oh no! The naming tradition" and created a new character, which was just redundant and, according to some users, brought tons of bad-writing. Mitsuru only had green Pokémon, so why couldn't he represent the Emerald version even without having the name? But I don't see how it changes the way they are portrayed or how it defines their identity, the characters' Pokémon are never mentioned in the game dialogues, they have no impact in the storyline, they are just meant to be the creatures you fight as gameplay obstacles. RURU belonged to Ruby, to begin with, so if you are arguing that their "main Pokémon" should be kept with them, then you could also argue that Yellow should have kept Pika because it was her main Pokémon (and it was, really), but we all know this didn't happen. If Mitsuru appears again and Kusaka decide to give him a Kirlia, then he could just make him catch another one just like how Yellow got Chuchu.
    Well it's not like Yellow was forced to completely cut contact with Pika. She probably sees him every other day and she commanded him in the major battles that required the electric ultimate move to be brought from him. And in the portrait of the Dexholders at the end of Emerald, Pika was seen with Yellow. Pika may be under Red's ownership, but when it comes to being a starter Pokemon, Pika is with Yellow. Also, taking Pika away from Red would also strip him of an important asset because in the games Red owned a Pikachu (and in one version, started out with one). And Yellow got a Pikachu for herself as well. In the manga, Ruby can live without a Kirlia. And Wally never got a replacement like Yellow did. With Sceptile gone and Kirlia given away, Wally doesn't have a full team anymore. No Pokemon was seen replacing those slots.

Also, taking Pika away from Red would also strip him of an important asset because in the games Red owned a Pikachu (and in one version, started out with one).
    Uh oh, there's going to be a whole mess of people posting that "Pokespe isn't the games!!!1111!!"

And Wally never got a replacement like Yellow did. With Sceptile gone and Kirlia given away, Wally doesn't have a full team anymore. No Pokemon was seen replacing those slots.
    I see Kelcelon as being Ruru's replacement, and Flygon is pretty much Sceptile's replacement. Well, technically speaking.
    Last edited by Flintoff Cypress; 5th November 2012 at 4:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Flintoff Cypress View Post
    I do apologize if I don't have every little piece of trivia memorized about a show that was produced over a decade ago. I take back what I said. I'll delete the post in a few. (I hate you people, I really do.)
    I was just saying. I didn't expect you to know all trivia, I was just informing you of something you didn't know.

Well it's not like Yellow was forced to completely cut contact with Pika. She probably sees him every other day [...]
    Red and Yellow live in different cities. I doubt they see everyday, as this is not the games where you can go from one city to the other in half a minute or so (which is also impossible in-universe, as Senri/Norman states that he takes 30 minutes to walk from home to the Gym, indicating the world presented in the games is a scaled-down interpretation).

And in the portrait of the Dexholders at the end of Emerald, Pika was seen with Yellow. Pika may be under Red's ownership, but when it comes to being a starter Pokemon, Pika is with Yellow. Also, taking Pika away from Red would also strip him of an important asset because in the games Red owned a Pikachu (and in one version, started out with one). And Yellow got a Pikachu for herself as well. In the manga, Ruby can live without a Kirlia. And Wally never got a replacement like Yellow did. With Sceptile gone and Kirlia given away, Wally doesn't have a full team anymore. No Pokemon was seen replacing those slots.
    Dude, this is not the games. Furthermote, they are never mentioned in the game dialogue, they are just gameplay obstacles. The games treat these "main Pokémon" as irrelevant to the plot. Reshiram and Zekrom, and maybe Kyurem if you consider him as G-Cis's Pokémon, are literally the ony Pokémon to belong to a character and play a part in the plot. Calling any other Pokémon belonging to characters as "main Pokémon" (except maybe for some Gym Leaders) is a complete bull crap. There's no such a thing as "main Pokémon" in the games.
    Last edited by G-SANtos; 5th November 2012 at 4:20 PM.
    Anime... PAAWAA!!!

Think it was because Deoxys had psychic powers that had the ability to track Silver or something. I think it was explained in the FRLG chapter somewhere but I don't remember what it was since it's been a few years since I read that chapter.
    Sabrina had Psychic powers, an Alakazam has Psychic powers, any psychic type could probably have tracked Silver, heck, Morty could have saved Giovanni all that trouble of finding the DNA Pokemon. But why Deoxys specifically? It was never fully explained and "Psychic powers" just doesn't cut it.
        Spoiler:- Want my Friend Code?:

Quote Originally Posted by DarkRecon View Post
    Sabrina had Psychic powers, an Alakazam has Psychic powers, any psychic type could probably have tracked Silver, heck, Morty could have saved Giovanni all that trouble of finding the DNA Pokemon. But why Deoxys specifically? It was never fully explained and "Psychic powers" just doesn't cut it.
    And who's to say that Giovanni had even heard of Morty?

Quote Originally Posted by lolipiece View Post
    Not the main issue I was addressing, but yes that is a possibility. But then again, how did Surge hear of Morty?
        Spoiler:- Want my Friend Code?:

I want to be entertained with good stories, characters, Pokemon, relationships, plots, and the like and so far PokeSpecial has always delivered for me. It is the single thing that keeps me from quitting the Pokemon fanbase. Just when I'm ready to quit this manga drags me back in. So I want PokeSpecial/ Pokemon Adventures to continue the goob job they've been doing and maybe for certain characters to meet at times and have some interactions.
    Gold and Silver meeting Dia and Pearl
    Blue, Yellow, Crystal, Sapphire, Platinum, and White having a girls night out
    Red and Black meeting and battling each other in hyper Pokemon Battle lover match
    These are just some of the things I would love to see happen at some point.
    Parena or Serecham both equal Serena+Pancham!

Gold and Silver meeting Dia and Pearl
    Blue, Yellow, Crystal, Sapphire, Platinum, and White having a girls night out
    Red and Black meeting and battling each other in hyper Pokemon Battle lover match
    These are just some of the things I would love to see happen at some point.
    All of these and more can be found at your local fanfiction archive! I'm sure the first will happen eventually, but the latter two sound very fanficish.

It's not unreasonable to think that Morty was a gym leader in Johto while Gen I was going on, and it's not unreasonable to think that the gym leaders in two adjoining regions know of each other.
    Last edited by Flintoff Cypress; 6th November 2012 at 8:46 PM.

Also, I kind of wonder what happened to the original Johto dexes know that the trio has new ones. Atleast with the Kanto trio, they gave an explanation. All I can guess is that they are just with Oak somewhere with no data and can now be given to anyone I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by iml908 View Post
    Also, I kind of wonder what happened to the original Johto dexes know that the trio has new ones. Atleast with the Kanto trio, they gave an explanation. All I can guess is that they are just with Oak somewhere with no data and can now be given to anyone I guess.
    Oh yes. Give the outdated pieces of junk that can't hold as much data as the new ones.

...I just realized. Yellow got the short end of the stick, didn't she?

About Deoxys, I look back to,

Team Rocket accidentally hear about existence of Deoxys in Hoenn.

They identified Deoxys is powerful Pokemon, and also know Deoxys can see from afar.

Therefore, the purpose of stealing Deoxys just for the cause of Team Rocket.

Search Silver is just exactly.
    Last edited by e9310103838; 8th November 2012 at 7:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by lolipiece View Post
    Oh yes. Give the outdated pieces of junk that can't hold as much data as the new ones.

...I just realized. Yellow got the short end of the stick, didn't she?

About Poke dex, I think that the region dex was only able to identify the regional Pokemon, and available to Pokemon information of other regions in the library via upgrade.

And national dex can self-identification of all Pokemon, but may be funding or something thorny problem, they were unable to launch national dex once. lol

So even Yellow's Poke dex via upgrade can still identify new Pokemon.

Johto trio's Poke dexes has confesses in volume 41 ending that it's just not reflected in the plot.

One thing I really want from PokeSpe is a break from all the plot and seeing the daily lives of the characters, the 'dexholders especially, and daily interactions with the others. Like Platinum fan stated, seeing scenes like the girls having a day to themselves or mundane stuff like that would be a great welcome. (Naturally, I don't want any romance subplots, just good old friendship.)

The older 'dexholders need this more than the newer, really. I want to see the characters being themselves rather than being the heroes. Some of them are kids, after all. Plus, I'm insanely curious as to what teenagers do in the Pokemon world.

Quote Originally Posted by G-SANtos View Post
    That's what fan fiction is for.
    This is the kind of trivia I love to know, so thanks for this. I've heard quite a few comments that 02 had issues with the staff like the one of directors who kept stating stuff like, "Don't make it too dark! It's a kid's show!" and nonsense like that. So, it came from the higher ups.... The one thing I never understood is why the executives would meddle in such a way when 02 was getting such high ratings. The Adventure timeline has always got the highest ratings. Perhaps 02 was green-lighted by mistake but Bandai didn't want to own up that fact (considering Tamers got green-lighted so early).

Quote Originally Posted by e9310103838 View Post
    About Deoxys, I look back to,

Team Rocket accidentally hear about existence of Deoxys in Hoenn.

They identified Deoxys is powerful Pokemon, and also know Deoxys can see from afar.

Therefore, the purpose of stealing Deoxys just for the cause of Team Rocket.

Search Silver is just exactly.
    Yes, that makes sense, but considering searching for Silver was a new objective for TR that was only really brought up in FRLG, suddenly going for Deoxys feels like a huge jump.

If Sakaki has simply told us that he has tried other methods or if we had flashbacks along with more clarity on the purpose of Deoxys, it would of worked better. The manga never attempts to make us believe that Silver was what TR was always after or that Deoxys was last option left. Since the writing never attempts to do any of that is why I feel like it doesn't make sense nor works.

The whole thing with "Deoxys is for Silver" was poorly thought out. Good idea, bad execution.
    Last edited by Evilchibi_pichu; 9th November 2012 at 6:42 PM.
    90% of pokemon fans hate/dislike Pikachu, if you are one of the 10% who don't, copy and paste this in your signature (started by Rukario907)
    ~Treasure Fighter (Kiyomaro's Theme)~ and Fuji Syuusuke ~Claimed

My Journey Log of Pokemon White
    Warning: General jerkiness and sarcasm abound. Of course, spoilers as well.

Honestly? I want more creative liberties (evil gym leaders, Pokemon more true to their dex entries, etc.), likable characters, a more original story, no forced romance (or any romance at all), no generic villains *coughguildhideoutcough*, etc.

^To be honest, I don't think sticking to the game plots is all that bad so long as there's a twist to it. Though much more creative liberties would be cool like how the Badge quest plot was taken out for the GSC arc. That was interesting.

Well I love how they Make Hugh Main character and not the normal Name-Product ones. And I am more Interested after the "Star Trek" stuffs come into the manga. But I am wanting Pokemon Adventure having somekind of thing that is more than a normal character developement, having somekind and something more than a normal dramatic story filled with Fague(Like Emerald, we doesn't even know where he came from or who was his family), a story that is unpredictable(Like Pryce ones), a better cliffhanger. Anything new and surprising but still make sense. Apparently I am still love this manga is not filled with something stupid like Fan Service(Unlike most of Mangas and I think the Reason why they move it to CoroCoro Ichiban Magz, with exception of Sapphire), so keep it .
    Last edited by Ludger; 9th February 2013 at 5:03 PM.
    Credit for Spockisnotimpressed's Tumblr

If you think the world should be a better place for everyone put this in you sig. (started by Mewmie the shiny Mew)

I wish they could catch a legendary Pokemon and keep it like how Diamond has regigigas. That would be cool cause that would make
    them powerful
    Plasmaaa

Quote Originally Posted by DarkquazaEX View Post
    I wish they could catch a legendary Pokemon and keep it like how Diamond has regigigas. That would be cool cause that would make
    them powerful
    Blue has captured the legendary birds. It's not stated that she released them and we haven't seen them in the wild either, so I assume that she keeps them in the box and Black will get Reshiram.

I wish White would get Zekrom eventually just to even out the balance between the two generations in the manga. I mean, even in the games, N doesn't keep his dragon by the end. It would be pretty epic for Black and White to fight Ghetsis's Kyurem with Reshiram and Zekrom, respectively. N wouldn't have the heart to fight his own father and White needs some playing time. And don't respond with "female characters never fight in major battles", yes they do. Green and Yellow were in the Saffron City battle (well not Yellow but she wasn't introduced yet) and the Elite Four battle at Cerise Island, Crystal fought with Suicune against the Masked Man, Sapphire was there with Ruby when fighting Maxie and Archie as well as Guile in Emerald, and Platinum arguably had the spotlight in DP and Platinum.

I wish White would get Zekrom eventually just to even out the balance between the two generations in the manga. I mean, even in the games, N doesn't keep his dragon by the end. It would be pretty epic for Black and White to fight Ghetsis's Kyurem with Reshiram and Zekrom, respectively. N wouldn't have the heart to fight his own father and White needs some playing time.
    That would explain combined signature moves with doubled force as they used together, or N and Ghetesis would do the legendary "Reichenbach Fall" ending that N would sacrifice his live to kill Ghetesis because he felt he doing nothing and became a tool instead.
    Credit for Spockisnotimpressed's Tumblr

If you think the world should be a better place for everyone put this in you sig. (started by Mewmie the shiny Mew)

Quote Originally Posted by Evilchibi_pichu View Post
    One thing I really want from PokeSpe is a break from all the plot and seeing the daily lives of the characters, the 'dexholders especially, and daily interactions with the others. Like Platinum fan stated, seeing scenes like the girls having a day to themselves or mundane stuff like that would be a great welcome. (Naturally, I don't want any romance subplots, just good old friendship.)

The older 'dexholders need this more than the newer, really. I want to see the characters being themselves rather than being the heroes. Some of them are kids, after all. Plus, I'm insanely curious as to what teenagers do in the Pokemon world.
    This! I couldn't agree more. I think one of the main reason why Digimon adventures were so successful is that they manage to develop a plot that showcase how the protagonist go about their normal day lives.

Teenagers will go out with each other on dates, protagonists will visit each other's home to have fun, kids have to deal with their parents and etc. All these scenes makes the series feel more relatable to the viewers.

Logistics. I would love to know where the evil Teams find so many people to help them in their plans. Do they grow them, or do they all just share an insanely good human resources department?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast