Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The Island of Illusions! (788)

Default The Island of Illusions! (788)

Illusion Island! Zoroark in the Fog!

As Ash & Co. head to the next island, they soon find a large area of fog start to envelope the ship. They learn that the next island they're heading to is an island where loads of giant Pokémon used to live. As they enter the island, they soon sense something and spot a giant Heatmor, which attacks them. This leads them to more Pokémon which attack, but when they get to a Pokémon Centre, they soon learn that things are not what they seem on the island...

Visit The Episode Guide

Discuss

Yes! Here for an episode of the epic series Pokemon Best Wishes! Decolora Adventure!

Totally psyched for this episode! Shoot, have to reboot my viewer because the sound is crap... Okay, that doesn't work.. Oh well.. I might stop watching half way.. I'm getting skipping sound and can't get rid of it.. Halfway through the episode, I'm the only one who has posted yet.. Is nobody else totally excited for this episode? I thought this series was liked for the quality it produces and the fanservice? This is mighty odd, is nobody else watching this?

- The fog starts immediately, Ash recognizes the being as a Zoroark immediately.
    - They think they're going to crash, but alas, nope..
    - Here comes Parker.. Understanding dialogue is hard with skipping sound.. -.-
    - The group asks what the heck just happens, Parker doesn't know...
    - They approach an island, but as they look in the distance, a mysterious individual is lurking about on the ship..

Opening..

- Wow, just realized that Team Rocket is in a Basculin submarine as the group have gotten off the ship.
    - Team Rocket are obviously plotting, while the group heads into a diner.
    - They think they're being attacked by a Snorlax, but it's just the guy serving the goods up..
    - Somethings up.. The guy gives directions to some place.. Cilan takes a guide to the island..
    - The mysterious character follows the group..
    - Wow.. That's interesting.. The bridge has disappeared.
    - Wow.. Team Rocket followed them in scuba gear.
    - Lol.. That map looks like the US, somewhat...
    - Ahh.. Low tide gives access to the island, where have I seen this before? (vs. Brawly, Crystal Onix?)
    - Team Rocket tail them..
    - Ash and co have arrived at the island.. Cilan does his usual 'I'm excited'-pose while Iris is sharing my reaction to that..
    - They hear a T-rex approaching.. Oh wait, it's a Kuitaran.. Flamethrower ala Charizard in the first opening...
    - Wow.. Axew gets Sleep Powdered by a Foongus for some reason..
    - The Kuitaran gives chase, and this is all starting to like The Lost World for some reason, we just need our guys dangling off a cliff in a trailer/rv
    - Pikachu to the rescue.. Thunderbolt and Electro Ball, Heatmor is uneffected..
    - Pikachu and Ash fall off the cliff, how unexpected, oh wait, Ash saves Pikachu by grabbing the tail..
    - The mysterious character stops the Heatmor by stretching the arms wide.. Epic..
    - The Heatmor leaves into the fog...
    - Shift to Team Rocket in the fog (might have missed something though)
    - Here's the giant Meowth. A bit less intimidating to be honest..
    - Team Rocket is pooping their pants, and arriving on a cliff of their own as well.. -.-
    - What is the giant Meowth doing? Just scaring them and they fall off a cliff..

Dare Da: Zoroark..
    - Break...

Continuing:
    - Axew is still sleepy..
    - Cilan is lost, he sure isn't a Brock rip-off..
    - Ah.. A Pokemon Center..
    - A bit dilapidated though..
    - Wooper and Lotad!!! And a bunch of other wild pokemon that are scared as heck..
    - Ah.. Iris asks for help and here comes an Audino.. and a Joy..
    - Apparently, the group has lost track of the mysterious fellow in the meantime, while Audino brings medicine..
    - Wait.. Audino and Joy are suspiciously taking turns in walking out of the backroom...
    - Ash is an idiot, but this is slightly getting funnier everytime..
    - "Joy" has her bedhair look.. Getting sexy back I see
    - "Joy" mashes some Oran and Sitrus Berries into a paste for Axew..
    - Yay, Axew awoke, another useless plotpoint fixed.. And is now jumping for joy [excuse the pun].. EVOLVE ALREADY!!!
    - Here's the mysterious perso.. OMG JOY?!?!?! Old Joy.. -.-
    - She's a Pokemon blabla.. She has a police badge.. Joy/Jenny-identity crisis..
    - The first "Joy" is being confronted by the second Joy..
    - Omg, first "Joy" is shining like Jesus!
    - Missed a bit, but apparently, we got a flashback between that Joy and what turns out to be a Zorua.. -.-
    - Old Joy apparently left this place, and ABANDONED Zorua!
    - We see Zorua evolving into Zoroark in the illusion/flashback... Trippy stuff..
    - There's poachers on the island.. Which is why Zoroark did all those things like morphing into Heatmor.
    - Makes you think some psychoanalytical issues, what did Heatmor ever do to it for it to think of it as the scariest thing ever?
    - Iris has an idea.. She holds up Axew.. YES GET RID OF AXEW IRIS!!!
    - The logic escapes me, but whatever.. -.-
    - Ash is holding his arms crossed.. He obviously has trouble with this logic as well.. -.-
    - Ah.. Zoroark finally reveals himself to the old Joy in the Pokécenter..
    - They hug.. how cute.. Now what is going to happen next??? Team Rocket attack the Pokécenter of course!
    - Or not.. They fix up the pokémon center that's what! :S
    - Wait.. That's it? They just leave the island on the ship? AND THAT'S IT???
    - End of episode...

Well, can't say that this wasn't a top class episode worthy of the wait for Zoroarks animé debut after all these years.

Side note: Zoroark's design continues to strike me as offputting.. These aren't the eighties anymore! Get rid of those shoulder pads!
    Last edited by Locormus; 23rd May 2013 at 12:33 PM.
    Answer to all the bad things in the world: Give up on trying to make everything better. Hence, accepting it for what it is. YOLO! <- Click the link and daw.. -.-

Are you guys watching these episodes live or something? I have no idea where to. Or how.

Seems to be a awesome episode, though. Will more comment after I've seen it~
    Is apparantly Dragon Type in the Friend Safari. Neat.

One of these Spoilers has a very Hot Chick hidden. One has Yaoi. And one will eat your Soul. Choose at your own risk~

Spoiler:- Number 1:

Spoiler:- Number 2:

Spoiler:- Number 3:

Goddarn you system administrator. One of these days someone gonna shove that stupid stop connection button up your ***.

Quote Originally Posted by Locormus View Post
    Yes! Here for an episode of the epic series Pokemon Best Wishes! Decolora Adventure!
    Sarcasm?

On Topic: The stream us really bad and I can't really make out much out of it. We saw a fake aka illusion Heatmoar and then there was a fake Meowth.

Some Nurse Joy action too. Apparently that Zorua(now Zoroark) was close to her.

Pikachu was cleaning the floor like myriada posted before

http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthr...7#post16006207

Ending was changed slightly.
    Last edited by Lucario At Service; 23rd May 2013 at 12:26 PM.

Good. sentimental episode :P, I really enjoyed it.

Dang Zorua is such a cutie, Zoroark was really cool.

So Joy was Zorua friend, then she left and the pokecenter got closed, Zoroark eventually evolved and saw some pokemon being attacked by hunter and decided to protect the pokemon in the island and decided scaring humans away from the island, plus running the pokemon center as "Joy" and healing the hurt pokemon.

ALSO WHY THE HECK WAS TR HERE, they weren't even plot device, they just appeared and got sent into the water by Zoroark to never seen again, how freaking idiotic.

Decent episode, nothing out of this world but decent to watch one time.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucario At Service View Post

Yeah he somehow watches episodes earlier but he posts and doesn't answer...
    Last edited by Pepsi_Plunge; 23rd May 2013 at 12:37 PM.

To include the Eeveelutions.. Haven't seen the previous ending, but that seems like the logical change with the upcoming short.
    Answer to all the bad things in the world: Give up on trying to make everything better. Hence, accepting it for what it is. YOLO! <- Click the link and daw.. -.-

To include the Eeveelutions.. Haven't seen the previous ending, but that seems like the logical change with the upcoming short.
    The Eeveelutions were there already, the change was the singers appearing dressed as the Eeveelutions.

This was... I don't know what to say. It was a cute but shallow episode. Nothing happened except for Ash not dexing Zoroark and knowing what it is despite never seeing it before. So perhaps the movie is semi-canon? I was hoping for more giant pokemon hi-jinx.

Quote Originally Posted by Pepsi_Plunge View Post
    Yeah he somehow watches episodes earlier but he posts and doesn't answer...
    I don't think he watched the episode before it actually airs. Most likely he has some sort of access to the episode scripts or drawings (like the ones we got for BW020, the Ducklett Trio episode).

ALSO WHY THE HECK WAS TR HERE
    Maybe to showcase the Basculin Sub.
    Last edited by Lucario At Service; 23rd May 2013 at 12:39 PM.

I don't think he watched the episode before it actually airs. Most likely he has some sort of access to the episode scripts or drawings (like the ones we got for BW020, the Ducklett Trio episode).
    That was sunnyshore wasn't it?

He has spoiled the ending of the last two episodes and now the ending, how does he havea sketch of HUMANS in a video? they are real humans not animated ones lol.

The Eeveelutions were there already, the change was the singers appearing dressed as the Eeveelutions.
    Oh well, still makes sense considering the upcoming short in a few weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by _Taidow_ View Post
    This was... I don't know what to say. It was a cute but shallow episode. Nothing happened except for Ash not dexing Zoroark and knowing what it is despite never seeing it before. So perhaps the movie is semi-canon? I was hoping for more giant pokemon hi-jinx.
    All sarcasm aside, this episode was shallow. People speculated a possible Island of Giant Pokemon-redux, but this was nothing of the sort. We've seen this episode before, I can tell you that, but it wasn't Island of Giant Pokemon. It was far more akin to the Brock/Ninetales-episode we had in late Johto. An abandoned pokemon setting up illusions, whereas Island of Giant Pokemon was far more action filled, gave us insight in PokéPoké-talk, and was genuinely, more fun and better constructed: Multiple parties being seperate but eventually coming, and having to work together against a supposed threat. Whereas here TR was just there for half an episode and didn't do anything and was far more geared towards the backstory and motives of the illusion pokemon, which is what that Ninetales-episode was about as well: More about motives of creating illusions then what the illusions actually caused.

Movie 13 is definitely canon now, despite being aired in between the Sinnoh League.. Problematic as that may be.

He has spoiled the ending of the last two episodes and now the ending, how does he havea sketch of HUMANS in a video? they are real humans not animated ones lol.
    Because this ending change was hyped a bunch of places, and had pictures of it posted?

Oh well, still makes sense considering the upcoming short in a few weeks.

All sarcasm aside, this episode was shallow. People speculated a possible Island of Giant Pokemon-redux, but this was nothing of the sort. We've seen this episode before, I can tell you that, but it wasn't Island of Giant Pokemon. It was far more akin to the Brock/Ninetales-episode we had in late Johto. An abandoned pokemon setting up illusions, whereas Island of Giant Pokemon was far more action filled, gave us insight in PokéPoké-talk, and was genuinely, more fun and better constructed: Multiple parties being seperate but eventually coming, and having to work together against a supposed threat. Whereas here TR was just there for half an episode and didn't do anything and was far more geared towards the backstory and motives of the illusion pokemon, which is what that Ninetales-episode was about as well: More about motives of creating illusions then what the illusions actually caused.

Movie 13 is definitely canon now, despite being aired in between the Sinnoh League.. Problematic as that may be.
    Maybe celebi froze time just so Ash daw, and brock would be able move freely from the league for the movie and then back to the league without anyone ever knowing.
    My first shiny ever caught!

Named Admiral Sentret

So wait, Ash recognizes the figure in the fog as zoroark immediately? Kid must have selective memory.
    To right the countless wrongs of our day, we shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise. What a wonderful world such would be...

Quote Originally Posted by Dephender View Post
    Because this ending change was hyped a bunch of places, and had pictures of it posted?
    Well no one(I did it Robert), told us in the forum but regardless of that, the guy knew the ending of the lst two episodes even if that info is out like you say, he knows/knew more then just the ending changes.
    Last edited by Pepsi_Plunge; 23rd May 2013 at 4:13 PM.

Surprisingly, not a bad episode at all. Actually, this episode was good in quite a few areas. The first half of the episode kinda fell flat for me, didn't really care for a lot of aspects of it like Team Rocket's really pointless role.(Though I'm getting better at tuning them out and am just tired of complaining about them every week anyway.) A few of the comedic moments weren't really my cup of tea either and Satoshi thought that shop owner was a Kabigon.(Easter egg reference to the past for you "old things" fanatics.) The Kuitaran scene was intense and I simply liked seeing one of those given we haven't seen many of them at all in this show.

What I really liked about this episode was the emotion and music, it all fit so well in the later parts of the episode. The exposition on Zoroark's past with Joy and it throwing a fit while getting its injured ankle wrapped and having to be partly comforted and restrained by Tabunne was really sweet. The music during the scene with the poachers and Zoroark fit really well too along with the music during Kibago's cheering, it had a nice sense of remembrance about it that conveyed each moment of care and the way Joy was able to get through to Zoroark's heart nicely. I'm glad Zoroark and Zorua appeared, love their designs and the Pokemon themselves.

Welp, they did a Pokemon Live Caster on Ononokusu, never thought they would get to it. Not a ground-breaking episode but the emotion makes up for the early parts flaws in a way.

Quote Originally Posted by Doryuzu View Post
    Welp, they did a Pokemon Live Caster on Ononokusu, never thought they would get to it.
    Well, there's not that many Pokémon left to feature. Ever since Episode N started, they've just been doing random ones they haven't covered yet, but which have been properly featured in the anime.

So does anyone know if Zoroark talked when it was Nurse Joy, or did it make grunting noises?
        Spoiler:- On Hiatus for the Holiday Season:

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Munchlax View Post
    So does anyone know if Zoroark talked when it was Nurse Joy, or did it make grunting noises?
    Zoroark talked when it was disguising itself as Nurse Joy. Zoroark are able to imitate the voices of any Pokémon or human they are disguised as.
    Last edited by Raptor_Crow; 23rd May 2013 at 6:56 PM.
    Fact 1: Cameron/Kotetsu is not disliked by everybody, stop saying he is, there are people in the fandom who do like him. I am one of those people.

Fact 2: The majority of people who like unpopular characters are always the most nicest and sensible and, therefore, the best people of the fandom.

Quote Originally Posted by Raptor_Crow View Post
    Zoroark talked when it was disguising itself as Nurse Joy. So Zoroark being able to imitate voices also goes for when it 'changes' into a human.
    Question: Did it move it's mouth?

Yes this is important for fanfiction purposes. Oh crap it IS important.

“...This is a tricky problem, huh. I really, really want to see the other Heroes... and if it works out, I want to make friends with them! If I made friends with six Heroes, I’d be an awesome mage! We could even conquer the world!”
    -Flatt Escardos, Fate Strange Fake
    3DS Friend Code: 1306-5187-6204
    tumblr|fanfiction

Quote Originally Posted by 00poke_maniac View Post
    Question: Did it move it's mouth?

Yes this is important for fanfiction purposes. Oh crap it IS important.
    Yes it moved its mouth, Zoroark was actually speaking as Nurse Joy. Zoroark have a more advanced Illusion ability than Zorua (who can't do this).

Zoroark can not only speak as whoever or whatever they're disguised as, they can also imitate their voices. So Zoroark sounded just like Nurse Joy.
    Last edited by Raptor_Crow; 23rd May 2013 at 7:32 PM.
    Fact 1: Cameron/Kotetsu is not disliked by everybody, stop saying he is, there are people in the fandom who do like him. I am one of those people.

Fact 2: The majority of people who like unpopular characters are always the most nicest and sensible and, therefore, the best people of the fandom.

I just noticed, when Pikachu used Thunder Bolt on the giant Heatmor, the animation for Thunderbolt looked more lik it did before BW (not when Pikachu just used it, cuz' that was stock footage, but when it charged and hit Heatmor).
    Is apparantly Dragon Type in the Friend Safari. Neat.

One of these Spoilers has a very Hot Chick hidden. One has Yaoi. And one will eat your Soul. Choose at your own risk~

Spoiler:- Number 1:

Spoiler:- Number 2:

Spoiler:- Number 3:

ALSO WHY THE HECK WAS TR HERE, they weren't even plot device, they just appeared and got sent into the water by Zoroark to never seen again, how freaking idiotic.
    It was the most comedic part of the episode, and the Basculin sub was cool.

Spoiler:- Alpha Sapphire Progress:

Quote Originally Posted by Shneak View Post
    It was the most comedic part of the episode, and the Basculin sub was cool.
    What did you find funny about it? didn't know a giant Meowth and falling into the sea was funny now but maybe thats just me.

The episode didn't need comedy even.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast