Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Results 76 to 100 of 152

Thread: A Surface to Air Tag Battle Team! (760)

  1. #76
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Dream Land
    Posts
    368

    Default

    The point of a forum is to discuss. I'm trying to discuss and explain mypoint of view, and so are other people. Telling us that it is pointless to do show not only adds nothing to the discussion, but also is an insult to well written childrens shows that create many discussions, good and bad (whether Pokemon itself counts is a debate in itself, but that is not important). If you don't want to preach, well, you will have tpo solve that priblem on your own.
    Last edited by Sapphire Kirby; 18th October 2012 at 7:59 PM. Reason: clarification
        Spoiler:- Friend Codes:



    All Hail Meowth!
    Trophy made by Pika22

    If you want the funny pre-Black & White Team Rocket back in the Anime,
    copy and paste this into your signature. *Started by Sapphire Kirby*

    And yes, I realize that, besides the Radio Show, the chances of that happening now are less than zero.

    I'm busy with life outside the internet; I won't be on often


  2. #77
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    IN YO FACE
    Posts
    4,122

    Default

    There's waaaaay too much sensitivity around here. Some of you are under the impression that Ash should have an entitlement to know everything about Corphish and Buizel and scanning them is an insult. Do you not know how this show works?

  3. #78
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Kalos
    Posts
    2,098

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sapphire Kirby View Post
    The point of a forum is to discuss. I'm trying to discuss and explain mypoint of view, and so are other people. Telling us that it is pointless to do show not only adds nothing to the discussion, but also is an insult to well written childrens shows that create many discussions, good and bad (whether Pokemon itself counts is a debate in itself, but that is not important). If you don't want to preach, well, you will have tpo solve that priblem on your own.
    I think you're overreacting to something so trivial.. How on earth Ash dexing a pokemon is such a big insult to fans? people are seriously reaching and trying to find little new things to whine about..

  4. #79
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Aspertia City
    Posts
    3,474

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sapphire Kirby View Post
    The point of a forum is to discuss. I'm trying to discuss and explain mypoint of view, and so are other people. Telling us that it is pointless to do show not only adds nothing to the discussion, but also is an insult to well written childrens shows that create many discussions, good and bad. If you don't want to preach, well, you will have tpo solve that priblem on your own.
    I know how forums work, I'm not stupid, it's like gilscor said, most of you are taking this way out of proportion. And nothing, not even children's shows is going to be 'well written', even the best shows have flaws.

  5. #80
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Where World Champions Live
    Posts
    2,649

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FAQs View Post
    Q: Why does Ash/May/etc check their Pokédex all the time? They must be really stupid if they can't recognize *insert Pokémon name* by now.
        Spoiler:- Answer:
    ...But seriously people, let it go. We've established that Ash recognized the Pokémon before he dex'd them. He didn't forget anything.

    If you still have issues with the dexing in general I'm sorry, but this isn't really the place to discuss it, because 1) it only concerns a titzy-tiny fragment of the episode that had no impact on its plot whatsoever, and 2) the people debating the issue clearly don't seem interested in the episode but are using this as a ploy to discuss The Dexing Dilemma as a whole. Not accusing anyone of doing this intentionally, but I'd still appreciate it if it stopped.

    If someone is so fired up about this topic that they can provide me (PM/VM) with reasons as to why the FAQ's explanation isn't satisfactory and why a debate would be warranted, I might be willing to reopen this thread. Either way though, this thread will be spared from squabbles in the future. Thanks.

    ---

    The episode was nice. Not as good as last week's, of course, but it was definitely all right. It may have suffered a little from reused dialogue/footage and characters being a little too annoying in general, though.

    Cilan's "beautifooo" and "unbelievabooo" and "my rod" 8) made me chuckle; his inputs were good, but I wish they spread out his lines a little more. The talking was balanced in the beginning of the episode, but when Cilan started his tasting time, Ash and Iris somehow went mute for several minutes and even the twins, the ones he was talking to, barely uttered a word. It annoyed me just a little bit, to be honest. Cilan isn't as over-the-top as Barry or Bianca, but he's still one of those characters whose humor needs to be taken in small doses.

    Had similar problems with the twins. Their basic personalities were okay and their voices great, as well as their Pokémon and their combination attacks. But I really don't feel like listening to a mini speech every time a move is called out, especially if said speeches always have the same structure with only a few keywords replaced.

    My favorite moments were Cilan recalling his brothers (so we actually see them on-screen!), plus him and Ash trying to invent names for their combinations and Iris telling them that they both sounded lame. Both funny and simultaneously bizarre was Iris' reasoning when she said that Cilan was a more suitable tag partner for Ash, based on the fact that he has siblings. O...kay? Cilan isn't Ash's brother, so what does it matter? Kodomo ne. But thank you for providing more A/C tag screentime, I appreciate it 8D

    I also thought it was a nice touch that the episode ended on a slightly questionable note, with Cilan lamenting that Swanna & Palpitoad would've been better choices for Soran & Riiku and the group just shrugging it off in a "lol who cares let's get outta here" manner. Similarly to last week's ep, I like it when an episode ends without the perfect solution to a problem and with everyone being 100 % happy about the way things turned out.
    Last edited by Sushi; 18th October 2012 at 8:27 PM.

    Run for your lives.

    tumblr - livejournal

  6. #81
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Dream Land
    Posts
    368

    Default

    EDIT: Sorry Sushi. By the time I posted this, you quickly posted like a ninja. I would not have posted if I saw your post whil working on this one.

    Quote Originally Posted by RickHoenn View Post
    I think you're overreacting to something so trivial.. How on earth Ash dexing a pokemon is such a big insult to fans? people are seriously reaching and trying to find little new things to whine about..
    I never said the show insulted me; that was someone else. I felt insulted when another user insulted people for having an oppinion I share. Now that I know Ash recongnized Corphish and Buizel, I'm not as unhappy as I was before. I still think constent redexing with no in-universe reason is a problem, but that would be best for another thread. Personally, I see myselve debating or arguing, not whining.

    Quote Originally Posted by Hero of Ideals View Post
    I know how forums work, I'm not stupid, it's like gilscor said, most of you are taking this way out of proportion. And nothing, not even children's shows is going to be 'well written', even the best shows have flaws.
    I never said that well-writen shows are perfect and have no flaws. You are putting words into my mouth. I don't like the taste.
    Last edited by Sapphire Kirby; 18th October 2012 at 8:13 PM. Reason: Didn't See Sushi's Post
        Spoiler:- Friend Codes:



    All Hail Meowth!
    Trophy made by Pika22

    If you want the funny pre-Black & White Team Rocket back in the Anime,
    copy and paste this into your signature. *Started by Sapphire Kirby*

    And yes, I realize that, besides the Radio Show, the chances of that happening now are less than zero.

    I'm busy with life outside the internet; I won't be on often


  7. #82
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    592

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sapphire Kirby View Post
    "Its just a show"? You DO realize where you are posting, right? On a Pokemon forum, Pokemon is serious bussiness and oppinions are the fuel to arguments hotter than a Heatran's Magma Storm. Even if you don't find something to be a problem, someone else will. And Visversa (how do you spell that?).

    As for the rest of your sentence, this could just be the straw that broke the Numel's back. There are tons of other water types that could be caught, and yet the writers go out of their way to have the twins catch Ask's past two water types with Ash dexing them for no in-universe reason for doing so and to do almost nothing to acknowledge that he knows what those Pokemon are. I find it understandable that someone could be a bit unhappy at this, but thats just me.

    thank you bascially sums it up

  8. #83
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    1,519

    Default

    I actually like the dexing because the BW Pokedex always has some nice pictures from different angles, which I like to see. Ash sounded really excited and yelled out BUOYSEL and HEIGANI before dexing anyway so he clearly remembers them. Best Wishes isn't the only series where he doesn't directly reference his older Pokes, he said nothing about his own Muk or Glalie when encountering those in DP for example.
    Episode was nice overall, Unfezant screen time is always welcome and the combinations were cool. The ending was bloody hilarious, them realizing that they screwed up by not recommending these Pokes to the brothers and then just shrugging it off. Palpitoad rising from the water just as the episode is about to end was pure gold. I'm currently wearing a Trollface t-shirt and it approves of this episode. Big Mofotoad shall get his kills at the league so it's fine.
    Might as well link my Deviantart gallery, I mainly do Pokemon related stuff, maybe something'll catch your interest.:] http://rohanite.deviantart.com/gallery/

    Ash vs Korrina Alternate Ending Comic: http://rohanite.tumblr.com/post/8546...e-with-korrina

    This is Turtwig, he was the most under appreciated starter in Diamond & Pearl. If you picked Turtwig as your starter, put this in your sig. Started by Dax-360

  9. #84
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    8,800

    Default

    You people are stupid if you think dexing has any role in the plot. It's obviously used just to spout Pokemon information off to the viewers. Hey, look at these non-Unova Pokemon. We haven't seen them in awhile, why don't we find out what they are (again)? Ash is not going to have a flashback when he sees every Pokemon he owns. Stop getting so worked up, and this is coming from a Buizel and Corphish fan.

    As for the episode, it was good. BW2 has been on a streak for the past 4 episodes. I kind of wish the battle was longer and Unfezant/Pansage dished out more combos, but I'm content.

    breathe it in, i'm gonna shine. it's my moment, i'm going to fly.

  10. #85
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    my house
    Posts
    6,170

    Default

    Just watched this episode. XD Not my *favorite* Dento one, but it was nice to see that it wasn't just about the Tag Battle. I found the twins funny, and it's nice to see Dento gain some admirers for his hobbies. XDD
    3DS Friend Code: 1306-5187-6204

  11. #86
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Cerulean City
    Posts
    7,598

    Default

    I really liked this episode. The twins were awesome with their twin fusion and stuff. They have officially become my favorite COTD. And that battle was intense, I felt bad for Unfezant got the wind knocked out of her by Braviary's Brave Bird, but she later returned the favor with Aerial Ace.

  12. #87
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    my house
    Posts
    6,170

    Default

    I hope those twins return and become Dento's personal cheering squad. I'd laugh so hard. XDD Something about them, I think they'll admire him for a long time.


    Too bad Dento gave them crummy advice.

    Oh well~
    3DS Friend Code: 1306-5187-6204

  13. #88
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    9,267

    Default

    So Brave Bird is strong enough to go through concrete. Other than setting yourself on fire I can see why the user gets damaged.
    "When I am dead and have passed onto the next world, I want you to lower me from these gallows and....KISS MY HAIRY BUTTOCKS!"- Chris Farley Almost Heroes

  14. #89

    Default

    It was pretty good and I'm glad Ash remembered Buizel and Corphish and him getting excited to see them some of my favorite parts ^

    I understand for once why Cybs is upset, it is a bit of an insult that they brought back two of Ash's older Pokemon to be used by other people. However, these are one of the few things I'll let slide as I'm just happy he didn't forget them. Speaking of which, I'm hoping Ash brings back Buizel for the league at some point.
    A close family member of mine died today, I put this in my sign as respect for him

    Ash fan. Luffy fan. Gintoki fan-Gintama. Endou fan-Inazuma Eleven.
    Multi Luffy {One Piece} and Ash {Pokemon} Shippers.

  15. #90
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    8,387

    Default

    This episode gave me DP vibes and the whole contest battles thing. I like it. Although I wish Cilan would have caught something when he fished as well.

    Random : PokéRadar


  16. #91
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Behind you
    Posts
    2,413

    Default

    I read the posts here before watching the episode.

    Although Sushi did say this before, I would like to say this all the dex whiners here. It is not Ash but you who are making a fool out of yourselves by constantly complaining about Ash dexing. If they had actually watched the episode then you would say there was a look of recognition or some spark in Ash's face when he saw Buizel and Corpish. It is not wrong to complain, but the constant complaining in these forums are really annoying and take the fun out of me. I would like to read some critiques after watching a episode, which is why I visit the episode discussion section...but all I see are these kind of posts.

    As for this episode, I liked it somehow. The combination moves and all tell me how much I miss Dawn's contests. In my opinion contests, ignoring the fact that they violate the laws of physics, were fun mostly due to the combination moves. I wish Ash could use stuff like this often.

    I didn't knew it was a Cilan-centric episode though. Ash and Iris remained as background characters, but it was good for a change. Also showing Cilan's analysis wasn't perfect in the end tells us that even Cilan can be hasty in judgement.

    Btw did those two actually defeat the subway masters or was it their dream? I heard them use the word "Yume" after they talked about defeating those two.

    <--My tumblr
    Quote Originally Posted by EmphaticPikachu
    DRACO NO STOP. DRACO DOWN. DRACO NO FLIRTING WITH ME.
    Quote Originally Posted by Noodlerama

    FF.Net profile: Here!!
    \


  17. #92
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Portugal
    Posts
    13,095

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by _Taidow_ View Post
    This episode gave me DP vibes and the whole contest battles thing. I like it. Although I wish Cilan would have caught something when he fished as well.
    True watched the episode yesterday and it looked like a contest battle.

    The episode was fun overall, I loved the kids fangasming about Dent mostly.

  18. #93
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    5,901

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dracoflare View Post
    Btw did those two actually defeat the subway masters or was it their dream? I heard them use the word "Yume" after they talked about defeating those two.
    It's been brought up a few times, don't believe anyone answered yet, it seems some people believe they did(Although that may just be just because it's showing that, they might not understand what was being said). I still believe they didn't as the way the Subway Twins were acting after losing didn't seem right for them, they seem like they could handle a loss perfectly fine, and they looked like they were freaking out so...that makes it rather off to me.

    Quote Originally Posted by Sushi View Post
    My favorite moments were Cilan recalling his brothers (so we actually see them on-screen!), plus him and Ash trying to invent names for their combinations and Iris telling them that they both sounded lame. Both funny and simultaneously bizarre was Iris' reasoning when she said that Cilan was a more suitable tag partner for Ash, based on the fact that he has siblings. O...kay? Cilan isn't Ash's brother, so what does it matter? Kodomo ne. But thank you for providing more A/C tag screentime, I appreciate it 8D

    I also thought it was a nice touch that the episode ended on a slightly questionable note, with Cilan lamenting that Swanna & Palpitoad would've been better choices for Soran & Riiku and the group just shrugging it off in a "lol who cares let's get outta here" manner. Similarly to last week's ep, I like it when an episode ends without the perfect solution to a problem and with everyone being 100 % happy about the way things turned out.
    Maybe Iris meant that since Cilan has brothers he can work better with people. Although mentioning that the two have already been in Tag Battles before probably would have made more sense.

    I noticed that about the episodes too. I thought it was so odd yet funny how they ended off on those notes, I don't really recall it happening any time recently, so it's a nice change of pace to me.
    3DS Friend Code: 3153-4608-8374
    Friend Safari: Steel(Ferroseed, Forretress, and Bronzong)

  19. #94
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    my house
    Posts
    6,170

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pepsi_Plunge View Post
    The episode was fun overall, I loved the kids fangasming about Dent mostly.
    I loved that part too. XD Most people can't stand him in the show (besides the fangirls) and it's funny that he got some admirers there. It doesn't surprise me much lol, the twins were pretty eccentric....so it's fitting.

    I guess the funniest part to me was even though all of that "admiration" happened, Dento pondered at the end about the false evaluation and didn't do anything about it. xD That's good though, as it shows human error in Dento's judgement.
    3DS Friend Code: 1306-5187-6204

  20. #95
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Mitten State
    Posts
    11,842

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 00poke_maniac View Post
    I guess the funniest part to me was even though all of that "admiration" happened, Dento pondered at the end about the false evaluation and didn't do anything about it. xD That's good though, as it shows human error in Dento's judgement.
    He was caught in the moment of helping the two and couldn't react in time as the boys had already left and likely gained a new friendship with the Pokemon they caught. I do wonder though... why did they specifically need water type Pokemon? I'd say it wasn't a bad or false evaluation, just a better one was thought of after the fact XD
    3DS code:1048-8163-5480
    Why exactly can't Ash get this little guy?
    "I already told you, I don't mind playing the bad guy every once in a while."~ Sonic the Hedgehog

  21. #96
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    my house
    Posts
    6,170

    Default

    ^ Lol true. XD I would have laughed if he ran off trying to go get them.
    3DS Friend Code: 1306-5187-6204

  22. #97
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    2,179

    Default

    The day I see Ash look up a pikachu in his pokedex I will lol. How ironic Buizel and Corphish pop out here lol. Not a bad episode and I'm glad to see Unfezant in here. Sorry for those who thought Ash's palpitoad would be in the battle
    Ash's team right now


    If you think the Sinnoh saga has been the best saga of the whole show, copy and paste this into your signature! (started by FlameRose)

    If you deny any sort of existence of Iris's hair, put this into your sig (started by 5ilVer)

  23. #98
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    6,855

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sapphire Kirby View Post
    I can't believe you are on a Pokemon forum if you are just going to keep on throwing that "its a kids show so we should not complain about it" excuse. I know pokemon is a kids show, but that does not prevent me from discussing it or forming oppinions on it. I am allowed to like and dislike what I want about this show.
    Thank you. This is what people isn't getting. We know it's a kids show. But teens and adults watch it as well. I know they are supposed to teach the kids about older Pokemon but does Ash need to dex the same pokemon over and over in ever region just because the writers can't let the kids research the older ones themselves. I know it a kids show but kids don't need the same character to dex them all the time.

    You people are stupid if you think dexing has any role in the plot. It's obviously used just to spout Pokemon information off to the viewers
    We know. But can't they just used the old "who's that Pokemon" gag to handle past pokemon info?

    My ideal battle ever!

  24. #99
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    12,799

    Default

    So, the Manga adaptation lied.

    Why is that Cilan is always the one to "finish" the final blow whenever he's been teamed up with Ash.

    Sure they've only won twice.

    But not only did Crustle finish off Escavalier and Accelgor, now Pansage had to deal the final blow to both Braviary and Drillbur, and here I thought Unfezant got a decent win. How can we classify this as a show of strength when Unfezant only launched one attack and it wasn't anywhere near the final blow. But for some odd reason, Pansage is allowed to knock out two Pokémon with one attack, and Unfezant doesn't get involved.

    To make things worse they turned this into a Cilan-centric episode. Writers if your going to focus on Cilan throughout the entire episode, the least you could've done is have Unfezant aerial ace, hit Braviary and win. Instead of glorifying Pansage with solarbeam and then focus so heavily on Cilan.

    This episode was not fun, not exciting, and close to being a waste of my time.

    I honestly don't care any more that a wild Palpitoad appeared, because I was running on "empty" for having watched the episode, that when Palpitoad appeared, it felt so glossed over, it's like "What? What happened?"

    Why does it feel like the writers aren't even trying. It honestly feels like they're just pumping one episode out just to fulfill the obligation of having an episode a week. If they had put more effort, some of these recent episodes wouldn't seem so half baked. I mean can you seriously say Pansage knocking two Pokémon with one attack was well thought out? Poor Unfezant, she just appeared for the sake of appearing.

    I wish I could do something about this lack of interest in the anime. Wish I could turn my ideas into an actual episode, as some sort of fan fiction anime sort of thing. Even if people think they are no better than the actual, at least I'd have something to interest me. Shame written fan fiction isn't enough, doesn't seem worth the effort. Just words, I don't like just words.
    Misinterpreting my posts is not your fault, negative repping me, and getting very sensitive about my posts because you misinterpreted my posts however is your fault. Think really hard, before negative repping or making a big deal about my posts. I don't appreciate being negative repped for reasons that are a result of misinterpreting my posts.

  25. #100
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    1,519

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dman_dustin View Post
    So, the Manga adaptation lied.

    Why is that Cilan is always the one to "finish" the final blow whenever he's been teamed up with Ash.

    Sure they've only won twice.

    But not only did Crustle finish off Escavalier and Accelgor, now Pansage had to deal the final blow to both Braviary and Drillbur, and here I thought Unfezant got a decent win. How can we classify this as a show of strength when Unfezant only launched one attack and it wasn't anywhere near the final blow. But for some odd reason, Pansage is allowed to knock out two Pokémon with one attack, and Unfezant doesn't get involved.

    To make things worse they turned this into a Cilan-centric episode. Writers if your going to focus on Cilan throughout the entire episode, the least you could've done is have Unfezant aerial ace, hit Braviary and win. Instead of glorifying Pansage with solarbeam and then focus so heavily on Cilan.

    This episode was not fun, not exciting, and close to being a waste of my time.

    I honestly don't care any more that a wild Palpitoad appeared, because I was running on "empty" for having watched the episode, that when Palpitoad appeared, it felt so glossed over, it's like "What? What happened?"

    Why does it feel like the writers aren't even trying. It honestly feels like they're just pumping one episode out just to fulfill the obligation of having an episode a week. If they had put more effort, some of these recent episodes wouldn't seem so half baked. I mean can you seriously say Pansage knocking two Pokémon with one attack was well thought out? Poor Unfezant, she just appeared for the sake of appearing.

    I wish I could do something about this lack of interest in the anime. Wish I could turn my ideas into an actual episode, as some sort of fan fiction anime sort of thing. Even if people think they are no better than the actual, at least I'd have something to interest me. Shame written fan fiction isn't enough, doesn't seem worth the effort. Just words, I don't like just words.
    For all we know that one hit Unfezant got in could've weakened Braviary so much that anything could've finished it, it certainly looked like it hurt. Never the less it was pretty obvious that Unfezant was stronger even if it didn't deliver the finishing blow, I think that should be enough.
    It's unfortunate to see something that brings a lot of joy for myself seemingly have such a negative effect on some others. :/
    Might as well link my Deviantart gallery, I mainly do Pokemon related stuff, maybe something'll catch your interest.:] http://rohanite.deviantart.com/gallery/

    Ash vs Korrina Alternate Ending Comic: http://rohanite.tumblr.com/post/8546...e-with-korrina

    This is Turtwig, he was the most under appreciated starter in Diamond & Pearl. If you picked Turtwig as your starter, put this in your sig. Started by Dax-360

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •