Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: A Surface to Air Tag Battle Team! (760)

Quote Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
    Did Ash at least recognize Corphish and Buizel before he dexed him?

If he didn't its an insult to the AG and DP fans!
    I don't know if it's a fan insult but I agree that it wasn't necessary. Ash could have just told them along with his flashback about Buizel and Corphish. Kids aren't dumb. They can figure it out.

My ideal battle ever!

I know that in real life Ash dexes everything in sight so the little kids know the names of the toys their parents will be forced to buy in the future and so the animators can have 10 seconds of laziness, but it still pains me to see Ash re-dexing Pokémon he has already seen for no in-universe reason. If the twins did not know what those Pokémon were or if they asked him to dex them to learn their moves to come up with future combinations, then I would be fine. Heck, the writers could have gave the twins their own Pokedex; they gave Georgia one so neither Ash or Dawn would look stupid dexing Mamoswine. I would just like a little effort from the writers, is all.

Still, I’m happy Wargle got his debute and that Drilbur appeared outside a flashback. Cilan being a connoisseur and showing off his fabulous rod again were also pluses.
        Spoiler:- Friend Codes:

All Hail Meowth!
    Trophy made by Pika22

If you want the funny pre-Black & White Team Rocket back in the Anime,
    copy and paste this into your signature. *Started by Sapphire Kirby*

And yes, I realize that, besides the Radio Show, the chances of that happening now are less than zero.

I'm busy with life outside the internet; I won't be on often

Quote Originally Posted by Caseydia View Post
    I don't know if it's a fan insult but I agree that it wasn't necessary. Ash could have just told them along with his flashback about Buizel and Corphish. Kids aren't dumb. They can figure it out.
    Both you you and Cyber need to understand that not everyone who gets into Pokemon are4 the same people from back then.

Yeah I agree. Buizel's a Sinnoh pokemon, kids even new to the games are going to know what a Buizel looks like. I get that he can use the pokedex, but if it gets too extreme in the fact that he'll continuously scan Pokemon he or other past main characters own (on his own accord, not if anybody asks him to) then it's going to put people off watching.

Quote Originally Posted by Cloud_Arcanine View Post
    Yeah I agree. Buizel's a Sinnoh pokemon, kids even new to the games are going to know what a Buizel looks like. I get that he can use the pokedex, but if it gets too extreme in the fact that he'll continuously scan Pokemon he or other past main characters own (on his own accord, not if anybody asks him to) then it's going to put people off watching.
    Then why would they take it so seruiously? It's just a show.

Looks like my predictions from the bw2-15 thread were mostly right xD

Quote Originally Posted by Hero of Ideals View Post
    Both you you and Cyber need to understand that not everyone who gets into Pokemon are4 the same people from back then.
    And how would that affect the idea of Ash recalling his Corphish and Buizel? References can be made without having to exclude new viewers, you know. It simply rewards long-time fans.

What a terrible outlook.

Quote Originally Posted by The Eleventh View Post
    And how would that affect the idea of Ash recalling his Corphish and Buizel? References can be made without having to exclude new viewers, you know. It simply rewards long-time fans.

What a terrible outlook.
    Yes, long time fans who take even the smallest thing in this show and whine about it.

I read your posts earlier on. I have no interest in your thoughts on why Ash needs to dex pokemon that he already has. But if you like dexing than by all means, enjoy.

My ideal battle ever!

"Its just a show"? You DO realize where you are posting, right? On a Pokemon forum, Pokemon is serious bussiness and oppinions are the fuel to arguments hotter than a Heatran's Magma Storm. Even if you don't find something to be a problem, someone else will. And Visversa (how do you spell that?).

As for the rest of your sentence, this could just be the straw that broke the Numel's back. There are tons of other water types that could be caught, and yet the writers go out of their way to have the twins catch Ask's past two water types with Ash dexing them for no in-universe reason for doing so and to do almost nothing to acknowledge that he knows what those Pokemon are. I find it understandable that someone could be a bit unhappy at this, but thats just me.
    Last edited by Sapphire Kirby; 18th October 2012 at 7:46 PM. Reason: spelling error

All Hail Meowth!
    Trophy made by Pika22

And yes, I realize that, besides the Radio Show, the chances of that happening now are less than zero.

I really liked the setting of this episode; the crop area was refreshing. I wasn't pleased with the actual battle, though. I really wanted Ash and Cilan to struggle, but they ended up cruising through the whole thing. Not to mention how strange it was to have a battle completed during the first ten minutes of an episode. That must be a first. Aside from that, there was nothing else of interest in this episode, unless you're a fan of Buizel and Corphish I guess. For all intents and purposes, this episode was pure filler imo.

I read your posts earlier on. I have no interest in your thoughts on why Ash needs to dex pokemon that he already has. But if you like dexing than by all means, enjoy.
    Why is this a problem? Fifteen years and people complain he dexes his old Pokemon. It's just a show, deal with it.

Why is this a problem? Fifteen years and people complain he dexes his old Pokemon. It's just a show, deal with it.
    You really are getting under my skin. I have no problem with dexing Pokemon. However, I would feel better if someone else would dex the older pokemon so it doesn't seem like Ash is so stupid that he looks like he needs to go through Kanto again for the third time.

My ideal battle ever!

You really are getting under my skin. I have no problem with dexing Pokemon. However, I would feel better if someone else would dex the older pokemon so it doesn't seem like Ash is so stupid that he looks like he needs to go through Kanto again for the third time.
    Why are you letting something so trivial get to you? How does that make Ash stupid, it makes no sense.

But the fact that he recognized them before dexing them isn't enough to prove he remembers them and isn't stupid? I just think people are making too much out of nothing for an obvious nod to the older fans. Ash isn't stupid, he wants to learn more about the Pokemon, can't fault him for that.

(credit goes to Skiyomi)

The writers must really think that their viewers are as dense as Ash if they're going to have him Dex every single Pokemon he runs into. It's actually pretty insulting.

Just saw the trailer for the episode after this one, and honestly, it just kills my fanfic. Doesn't it seem weird at all that an evolution line labeled to eat and attack everything in sight for the lulz and competition can manage to live in a village without blowing up a house or two?

Ash isn't the one coming off stupid here, the ones who think he is are simply ignorant. Ash did recall them before dexing them(Not his, but he knew the species of the Pokemon regardless), so he is forgetting what they are, he's simply excited and wanting to see any new data on them. It's the people who blow these situations out of proportion and make them into something they aren't that's the problem, not the writers or Ash.

Quote Originally Posted by PokeMaster366 View Post
    The writers must really think that their viewers are as dense as Ash if they're going to have him Dex every single Pokemon he runs into. It's actually pretty insulting.
    It's more insulting for people to think everyone who is watching the show has been watching since the start and hence would know all the Dex entires right off the back, which isn't true. New people come into the show and franchise all the time, that's what the dex is for, the new people.

Also, Ash doesn't do it every single time.

EDIT: And frankly, I doubt most people even remember what the dex says most of the time anyways. Along with it being for new people, it's also to give more focus on a Pokemon so people will pay more attention and use it in the games, after all, a decent amount of people end up using the Pokemon that are shown off in the anime.
    Last edited by gliscor&yanmega; 18th October 2012 at 8:18 PM.
    3DS Friend Code: 3153-4608-8374
    Friend Safari: Steel(Ferroseed, Forretress, and Bronzong)

I'm not being harsh here, but you seem to be taking everybody else in here who has a shared opinion in a more serious way. This is the just the Japanese airing, once it gets dubbed people might have a better understanding. We're just saying that if it were the twins asking Ash to dex Buizel and Corphish it wouldn't make him look bad. We're not being arrogant, it's just that Ash has seemed to forget all his other journeys and him dexing Pokemon he owns is just a part of that.

I'm not being harsh here, but you seem to be taking everybody else in here who has a shared opinion in a more serious way. This is the just the Japanese airing, once it gets dubbed people might have a better understanding. We're just saying that if it were the twins asking Ash to dex Buizel and Corphish it wouldn't make him look bad. We're not being arrogant, it's just that Ash has seemed to forget all his other journeys and him dexing Pokemon he owns is just a part of that.
    Nothing in the show says he forgot his past region ventures considering everyone of them contined right after the last episode of each saga.

Quote Originally Posted by gliscor&yanmega View Post
    EDIT: And frankly, I doubt most people even remember what the dex says most of the time anyways. Along with it being for new people, it's also to give more focus on a Pokemon so people will pay more attention and use it in the games, after all, a decent amount of people end up using the Pokemon that are shown off in the anime.
    When I was younger (and didn't have the games) I needed the Pokedex to know about the Pokemon and stuff. It doesn't seem helpful now, but really it is for younger kids/people who don't know about Pokemon.

I don't care if Ash scans something he already owns. XD I just get bored when I hear the dex entries these days because I don't need to hear them. I fastforward. xDD I think the only one I liked was Crustle's just because of Dento peeking over Ash's should with a 8D face on. XDDD
    3DS Friend Code: 1306-5187-6204

But again, Ash doesn't forget, and anything that "seems" to be the case is simply personal ignorance. Ash didn't in any way come off as forgetting what Buizel and Corphish were, he knew what they were. The Pokedex simply isn't just to know what a Pokemon is, it gives you data on it. People simply blow these scenes out of proportion and make it seem themselves that Ash is forgetting and the writers are sucking.

Quote Originally Posted by 00poke_maniac View Post
    When I was younger (and didn't have the games) I needed the Pokedex to know about the Pokemon and stuff. It doesn't seem helpful now, but really it is for younger kids/people who don't know about Pokemon.

I don't care if Ash scans something he already owns. XD I just get bored when I hear the dex entries these days because I don't need to hear them. I fastforward. xDD I think the only one I liked was Crustle's just because of Dento peeking over Ash's should with a 8D face on. XDDD
    Plus, the fact a lot of Pokedex entries hype Pokemon up, the kids and new people are going to be more influenced by that hype and get more excited. I mean if you hear that a big giant Bird can carry a car while flying, wouldn't you have a little more interest in that, it's not every day you hear about giant Birds flying with cars after all(I don't know if that part of the dex entry was used or not, just an example, although any part of it's dex entry really is enough for enough people to get hyped up on it).
    Last edited by gliscor&yanmega; 18th October 2012 at 8:36 PM.
    3DS Friend Code: 3153-4608-8374
    Friend Safari: Steel(Ferroseed, Forretress, and Bronzong)

Ash isn't the one coming off stupid here, the ones who think he is are simply ignorant. Ash did recall them before dexing them(Not his, but he knew the species of the Pokemon regardless), so he is forgetting what they are, he's simply excited and wanting to see any new data on them. It's the people who blow these situations out of proportion and make them into something they aren't that's the problem, not the writers or Ash.
    If that is truely the case then I will be a bit more forgiving, but I don't appreciate being insulted for believing somethingthat think is a problem that you don't.

It's more insulting for people to think everyone who is watching the show has been watching since the start and hence would know all the Dex entires right off the back, which isn't true. New people come into the show and franchise all the time, that's what the dex is for, the new people.

Also, Ash doesn't do it every single time.

From what I can tell, the people who explain why they don't like all this redexing stuff know and don't care about the real world reason, but rather than in-universe reasons, me included. Even if Ash doesn't do it everytime, the fact that somepeople are unhappy means that he doesn't use his dex sparingly. And thank you for insulting me :|

Nothing in the show says he forgot his past region ventures considering everyone of them contined right after the last episode of each saga.
    Maybe not now, but when BW1 first aired, this pretty believable, especially since the only connectioned are a character in an unaired episode and Oak mentioning Tracy once. Remember the "this is/isn't a reboot" threads?

All Hail Meowth!
    Trophy made by Pika22

Quote Originally Posted by Sapphire Kirby View Post
    If that is truely the case then I will be a bit more forgiving, but I don't appreciate being insulted for believing somethingthat think is a problem that you don't.

From what I can tell, the people who explain why they don't like all this redexing stuff know and don't care about the real world reason, but rather than in-universe reasons, me included. Even if Ash doesn't do it everytime, the fact that somepeople are unhappy means that he doesn't use his dex sparingly. And thank you for insulting me :|

Maybe not now, but when BW1 first aired, this pretty believable, especially since the only connectioned are a character in an unaired episode and Oak mentioning Tracy once. Remember the "this is/isn't a reboot" threads?
    I can't bekieve you're letting a childern's show 'insult' you. And Best Wishes isn't a reboot, just because Ash doesn't have a confirm age and it being a reboot is proven wrong in episode one when you see all the stuff he got from Sinnoh, so it is not a reoot.

I can't believe you're letting a childern's show 'insult' you. And Best Wishes isn't a reboot, just because Ash doesn't have a confirm age and it being a reboot is proven wrong in episode one when you see all the stuff he got from Sinnoh, so it is not a reoot.
    I can't believe you are on a Pokemon forum if you are just going to keep on throwing that "its a kids show so we should not complain about it" excuse. I know pokemon is a kids show, but that does not prevent me from discussing it or forming oppinions on it. I am allowed to like and dislike what I want about this show.

And I never said I thought it was a reboot; only that in the early days people thought it might be. You are preaching to the choir, hero.

All Hail Meowth!
    Trophy made by Pika22

Quote Originally Posted by Sapphire Kirby View Post
    I can't believe you are on a Pokemon forum if you are just going to keep on throwing that "its a kids show so we should not complain about it" excuse. I know pokemon is a kids show, but that does not prevent me from discussing it or forming oppinions on it. I am allowed to like and dislike what I want about this show.

And I never said I thought it was a reboot; only that in the early days people thought it might be. You are preaching to the choir, hero.
    Forum or not, it shouldn't be such a big deal over a show. Why don't you not take it so seriously and I won't have to preach to a chior.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast