Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What has been the biggest influence on your life? What did it teach you?

Post What has been the biggest influence on your life? What did it teach you?

At some point in time everyone has been influenced by one thing or another. We've all had those moments in life where we absorb something that sticks with us and determines what kind of person we become, or will eventually grow up to be, and the type of things we do.

So my question is, what person, place, or event had the biggest influence on your life? Can you recall that one thing(or multiple things) that had a dramatic affect on your life?

It could come from anywhere: A parent, a close friend, mentor, a particular event, and even sometimes, videogames, movies, or some other type of media outlet.

What thing(s) influenced the course of your life the most?

My mom, without her I'd be lost.

Number of Genwunners = 100
    Number of people accused of being a Genwunner = 100 000 000 000 000 000
    Number of people complaning about Genwunners = 100 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000

My dad. He has influenced me musically very much, athletically, and in video games, education, work, and many aspects of my life.
    Black 2 Badge Quest
    2 Badges

lv. 12 | lv. 15 | lv. 12 | lv. 12 | lv. 17 | lv. 18

the bible.........
    #AlphaSapphire
    I am one of Jehovah's Witnesses.
    If you have a question about my religion, or wish to discuss my religion, the Bible, or anything related to this topic, feel free to PM or VM me, take a look at the information in my profile or visit our official website.

Gonna go and say my mom as well. Nobody else really gave a ****.

My dad. It wasn't direct, but seeing him playing the piano so darn well even when he never even had proper lessons in his life always encouraged me to practise playing my piano harder, even when I was about to give up. (Piano isn't exactly the biggest factor in my life, but I still do love playing the instrument...)

My grandfather. He taught me everything I know, and if it wasn't for him, I would never have made it this far.

My family and a few friends.

Wikipedia
    My mom and brothers...
    Click on these Pokémon to make them happy and healthy!:

Spoiler:- Credits:

Pokémon Red Water-monotype challenge team:

Pokémon Emerald Water-monotype challenge team:
    Pokémon Fire Red Nuzlocke challenge team:

My parents. They taught me that hard work pays off. They made me a warrior. Never quit!

Doctor Who.

My dad. For the first for years of my life, he spent every second he could teaching me. Without that, I wouldn't be as smart, and it makes me want to do the same when I have a kid.
    3DS FC: 1762-3779-2632
    I have claimed Empoleon, Rosalina, and Super Mario Galaxy!
    Pokégyms

The pokedex

jk, my mom and bro
    Old Black 2 Team:

My old Black 2 Team until SOMEONE deleted it.

I have officially claimed quote from cave story.

My high school band teacher.
    He taught me the importance of teamwork, perseverance, and how to always do your best.
    He is my favorite teacher of all time.

| my anime list | anime reviews blog | photobucket | soundcloud |
    | ask me anything...no really! | level my sylveon! |
    | latest anime review: .hack//Sign |
    | currently watching: .hack//Tasogare no Udewa Densetsu // 07-Ghost // 11eyes // 2x2=Shinobuden // Inuyasha |

My grade 5 teacher. I'm currently in grade 7, and a man from a different school was coming to teach our school about "leadership" and I hated it. The only people anyone paid attention to were the popular two-faced kind of kids. I just told a teacher I was leaving, because I'd rather not be ignored when I shouldn't be. My grade 5 teacher found me. He taught me about self-confidence. Difference from the usual be your self lecture is that he treated me like I was, not like everyone else does (which is stupid, ugly, useless) and told me that regardless of what others think, I need to remember that I am strong, smart, well-rounded, and just overall good sort of things. And then he went on to talk about this sort of popular vs unpopular thing will continue until around grade 10, when they start to mature and realize they've been jerks for more then 12 years.
    Mine is an unchanging love, higher than the heights above, deeper than the depths beneath, free and faithful, strong as death.

William Cowper, "Lovest Thou Me?" Olney Hymns

I choose my words carefully, but they may still hurt someone accidentally...

Marley, Pokemon Diamond and Pearl

And, look you, there is nothing in this thing of learning out of books. Here, here and here (pointing to his ear, his head and his heart) is your school. If everything is right there, then take your pen and down with it; afterward ask the opinion of a man who knows his business.

Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart

Images removed for making the signature too tall.

My mother and uncle taught me to be a good person, the deaths I have experienced made me not as happy all the time, when I found out my friends I had were never even friends so yeah no friends now, when I met my uncle and found out WOW I font ever want to live that way, and animals teaching me there can always be hope if you look closely enough and carefully enough for it

3DS XL FC for Pokemon Y 2595-0724-5772 IGN SmeargleRocks
    Shiny Number 1268

I can offer gen6 cloning services, I will only clone what I don't have as glitch cloning can take awhile and be stressful

Self caught shinies on Y 24
    first successfull (and accidental) MM Shelmet timid 31/1/19/31/31/31 4:25 pm EST 4/14/14
    Shiny XD Gale of Darkness Zubat caught September 17th 2012 @ 4:24 pm EST cave PokeSpot

FUC* ALL HACKERS!!!
    ALL Gen6 6IV Event pokemon are hacked

My mom. Shes never really done much to influence me positively but shes always been there. And pokemon. That was a huuuugge part of my childhood.

My mom, who made (rather, forced) me do these things to (try) to help me with organization
    My 4th/5th grade teacher for teaching about life.

*Insert another generic reply about how my parents taught me about life and its morals.*

ah , what an unsightly existence ! / illustration : cyawa

Quote Originally Posted by scraftyscrafty View Post
    *Insert another generic reply about how my parents taught me about life and its morals.*
    I'm truly sorry that your parents weren't as great as ours.

Quote Originally Posted by Flame Mistress View Post
    I'm truly sorry that your parents weren't as great as ours.
    And in what way are they not as great...?

ah , what an unsightly existence ! / illustration : cyawa

- Of course my parents. They taught me not to be easily sleepy when it comes into works and exercise.
    - My little sister. She taught me not to be extremely emotional when an electronics are not-too-damaged. She also taught me always wearing jacket if I ride motorcycle. She taught me not to obey alayers (alayers in English called boonies) offering me. She taught me not to wake up more than 7 am XD.
    - One of my friend on Fanpage (although she won't confirm my friend request because no mutual friends). After seeing her comments and posts, I realize that I must give 'naughty' people on my friend-list some advices and good recommendation. She taught me how to be more patient when I wait things which take too longer time. And also she taught me to be more quiet when people insult you on social networking.
    - I also realize, not to be extremely fanatic what I like. Example; on FB I won't share spoilers and my fondness with Iris and Trip due to my friend-lists are Iris and Trip hater (even they don't know about them both, despite being Pokemon Fans ).
    Last edited by Airi-Chan; 19th October 2012 at 1:08 PM.
    WARNING : I really hiatus from Pokeani Spoiler because I move to other anime fandom. It doesn't mean I hate Pokeani, but I should keep my reputation for not being annoyed by stranger people who doesn't like/underestimate Pokeani. If you want to CHAT about POKEANI with me, please CONTACT me below. Thanks
    Follow my Twitter : @mega_shootiepie | Blackberry Messenger : 2b37cbed (Mega ShootiePie) (will move to BBM because I am gonna have new phone) | LINE : mega_shootiepie

There were a few things that really influenced me:

-My best friend
    -My inspirational and philosophic instructor at tech school
    -My temporarily leaving college and trying to survive
    -My fight with my step dad
    -My ostracized lifestyle

Overall it has made me a cold and detached human being with a trace or even an attempt to be poignant or compassionate to others. All I really have is my ambitions and my intellect.

Thanks to Steel Sector Graphics for the userbar and banner!

my parents. and my best friends who are no-longer-my-neighbors.we spent most of our time together and before they moved,their hyperness rubbed off on me a biti miss them..

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast