Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What has been the biggest influence on your life? What did it teach you?

My mother and grandmother mainly.

tumblr
    - i've claimed zelos wilder, xerneas, and tales of the abyss
    Omega Ruby team:

Well, as you spend pretty much 80 - 90% of your time existing alongside the same living space as your birthgivers when you're under 18, it's hard not to give them credit for influencing you in whatever way they did.
    My boss at work. She was harsh and mean, but hilarious and fun, she taught me to pick your fights wisely, you're not nearly as irreplaceable as you think you are, and if you can, work to remedy that. Also, knowing things is important, all knowledge is worth having. Mostly.

Travelling by myself for the first time, to meet a friend online that I had known for ages. My parents trusted me, which was kind, but it showed me that I could trust my judgement. It led up to what's probably going to be the biggest influence on my life this next month: Moving to another country to work for a year, then spend another year backpacking alone around SE Asia.
    Still nervous about it, but it's my life to live, and no one's going to live it for me.

As others have said, my Mother was the main influence in my life. She taught me everything I know to date. Alongside her, it would be my very best childhood friend.

xxx

My mother and my best friend.
    My mother always guided me if I had trouble with my autism spectrum disorder. If I went into a rage she managed to calm me down. She just always guided me which helped a lot. Not that my dad wasn't there for me but it was different.

My best friend, I've known her for 17 years now. I was practically a shut in, socially awkward kid until about two or three years ago when she decided to take me along with her if she went out. I became much more social, way better in making friends and I'm not longer "the weird kid of the class"

I am indeed the one with the power of a god.
    The divine flames that I've absorbed
    will burn you to a crisp with nuclear energy and leave nothing behind!

Pokemon is defenetly one of the biggest influences on me overall in genneral. XD I just know it is.....I just can't think of which ways at the moment. But it really does feel like I just plain as day grew up with it a lot of the time...
    Riku from kingdom hearts is so hot :P

^ rawr :P ITS A LION ADD THING. XD

The thing that has influenced me most in life has been self-discovery, not addressing the various factors that spurred that on.

Kalos Team: Delphox, Florges, Aegislash, Heliolisk, Hawlucha, Avalugg
    Latest Shiny: Helioptile

Fire Safari: Ponyta, Pyroar, Braixen - 1478-3803-9332
    I have claimed #671, Florges

*credit to Equal-To-Heaven for the clock

Bionicle. Unity... duty... destiny.. My parents would be my 2nd influence.

It's official. Pokemon B/W 2 has the BEST sprites.

Probably my uncle, he is a success in my opinion, he still is into super heroes, he was always a role model to me and also was like a father to me since I was born even to thus day he's my favorite relative, and I have over 60 so that's saying something

3DS XL FC for Pokemon Y 2595-0724-5772 IGN SmeargleRocks
    Shiny Number 1268

I can offer gen6 cloning services, I will only clone what I don't have as glitch cloning can take awhile and be stressful

Self caught shinies on Y 24
    first successfull (and accidental) MM Shelmet timid 31/1/19/31/31/31 4:25 pm EST 4/14/14
    Shiny XD Gale of Darkness Zubat caught September 17th 2012 @ 4:24 pm EST cave PokeSpot

FUC* ALL HACKERS!!!
    ALL Gen6 6IV Event pokemon are hacked

My sister. I had very good and kind parents, don't get me wrong. But there were times where perhaps they didn't discipline me enough, so I would act like a spoiled brat. My sister was the one who stepped in and bullied me when I needed it and toughened me up. I guess it wasn't just my sister, it was my whole family working together.

All the friends I'm close to have had a big impact on me, so it doesn't seem fair to pick out just one. Each of them taught me what it is to be me, and made me realize that people do care about me.
    even if we don't understand each other, that's not a reason to reject each other. There are two sides to any argument. Is there one point of view that has all the answers? Give it some thought.
    ^ This is the reason why I like arguing. If I come off as standoffish or overly angry in an argument, don't worry. I'm probably having the time of my life. Whether I agree with them or not, the pokemon fandom has a lot of different opinions, and I love how nobody is afraid to share them.

I would say both the Bible and joining this website have had big impacts on my life the Bible because It changed me from the craziest evil child to a less crazy and kind person.

Joining this site because I have made some good friends who have helped me realize how negative I was toward life and have helped me have a more positive outlook on it.
    plus they help me get through life without having ever joining this site I would probably still be just as negative as I was and I wouldn't have made some true friends.
    Forever alone! This Lone Wolf keeps on fighting!
    "I don't want to be alone, I just want to be left alone!"

credit goes to internet for image

Those who have tormented me...
        Spoiler:- 3DS friend-code:

A lot

- My family and friends of course.
    - My education. I have been to some good schools and though some of them aren't the best, I have learned good things from them up to today.
    - Call me religious but I must say that my faith and devotion have been very influential too to my life but I admit, I wish that my faith would be stronger.

My Christian school- taught me to do good all the time
    My dad- taught me it's better to be a help rather than a burden, this explains my cheery atmosphere
    Shaymin is amazing!
    ~ ★

I suppose I'd have to judge the quality of influence on my life on how they affected my writing. My life as a whole has been nothing more than a roller coaster of failure, and the literary arts have forever served as an escape from the horrible things like my job and my financial debt.

So I suppose my Grandfather, a Cognitive Physicist and one of the smartest individuals I have had the grace to know, would be my greatest influence - both academically and through the course of my never-ending journey to achieve my goals. One of the most important things he told me was to tell people "I Understand" when you want them to shut up. That was, of course, a long time ago.

Creating sentience is simple. Accepting it, however, is harder than it looks.

The Internet was the biggest influence in my life. Neither of my parents have been very involved in what I do with my life, to be honest, and the Internet opened a gateway to all sorts of new information, opinions, people and it delivered to me some of the best friends I could have ever hoped for (regardless of whether or not we still talk to this day--I don't still talk to all of them).
    Current Shiny Hunt(s):
    Snorunt (MM/Female/Timid/Moody/Spikes)
    Newest Shiny:
    Sneasel - Female - Naughty - RE @ Friend Safari
    3DS FC:
    2036-7624-8150
    Fighting Safari, Mienfoo - Pancham - Breloom
    Game List:
    Crystal
    Ruby (lost) - Emerald
    FireRed - LeafGreen (lost)
    Diamond