Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
Results 76 to 100 of 226

Thread: Did an experience change your views towards a certain Pokemon?

  1. #76
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Viridian City Gym, Kanto
    Posts
    67

    Default

    After lucario got movie with mew i expected him to become main stream and lame, then i used one in my sandstorm team online in my first battle and swept everythhing LIEK_A_BAWS!
    OG Post: BearTown:

    you sir made me laugh so hard. made my day

    "...'And when the dirt hits the coffin, just go to sleep..."
    Hollywood Undead
    Credit to Jew Bagel

  2. #77
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    543

    Default

    One of my best friends loves sheep and horses, so when I look at Mareep, flaffy, whimsicott, zebstrika, rapidash and such they remind me of her and how long it has been since I've seen her, I really miss her. The same goes for all dragon pokemon, I love dragons enough on my own, but another one of my very much missed friends comes to mind when I see one and I want to rush to where they are and give them a big hug.

  3. #78
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Somewhere in Hoenn
    Posts
    667

    Default

    I used to think Hydreigon looked really strange, and I thought "they could have done so much better with the first Dragon/Dark Pokemon."

    Then I bred a near-flawless IV'd Deino, evolved it, and the thing just started wrecking stuff. My Hydreigon is the reason I completed my first-ever competitive team. She's now level 100 and is officially one of my favorite Pokemon of Gen 5.

    Also, I gained a little more respect for Wormadam after I kicked butt with one in a Grass monotype. Her usefulness did kind of wear out by the end of the game, but she was not the complete weakling I expected her to be.

    Friend Safari - Bug with Butterfree/Volbeat/Vivillon - PM me for my FC!
        Spoiler:- Shiny hunting stuff:


  4. #79
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    The Internet
    Posts
    991

    Default

    Back when Pokemon Black and White ame out, I wasn't too skeptical of any of the new pokemon... Until I saw Galvantula. "A bug electric type is THIS? REALLY?" I thought. I never really used one in my Black or White playthroughs, but I decided to give the little guy a chance in Black 2. I had been missing out!

    Now of course whenever I see a Galvantula, I think of one of my personal favorite pokemon.

    Thank you based Turpoo

  5. #80
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Canalave City
    Posts
    42

    Default

    I always had a female Medicharm on my team until I went on pixiv. After the brain bleach I saw on there, I can never bring myself to have one again despite how my past Medicharms were always BAMFs. The images always plow into my mind and I have to walk away.
    Shinx and its evolutions always get a pass from me at some point as well. I always get one at the start of DPPt but when they keep fainting on me or can't contribute that much to taking down pokemon, I always end up boxing them out of disappointment. Every. single. time.

    On the merrier side, after I saw the DPPt movies with Giratina, Dialga, Palkia & Arceus (since my opinion of them was pretty low for a long time) they became my favourite legendaries and I still love them to this day! Even bought their Pokemon Center plushes!

  6. #81
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Greenwood, S.C.
    Posts
    83

    Default

    I once traded a lvl 58 Arcanine to a friend when I was 15. He needed help defeating the Elite Four in Sinnoh.

    Well.. time progressed, and things happened. We grew apart. Far apart. Literally. And so our friendship (or lack thereof--nvm, rambling) died.

    Growlithe is a pokemon that resonates with me because of its moveset. It is a loyal and dedicated pokemon. It gains power from protecting and avenging its allies. TO me, trading that Arcanine was--not then, but now--a symbol of my loyalty to that friend. Although we are no longer even acknowledging each other's existences, Arcanine reminds me of the good times, not the bad. I used to undermine the potential of Arcanine, although it is pretty strong. Now, If I ever decide to catch one, I raise it with much much more care and attention to detail than I first did whenever I play a game where I need one. And always, I am reminded of that traded Arcanine.

  7. #82
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    *jump's inside a box* MEOW!
    Posts
    451

    Default

    I did dislike the actual Pokemon called Totodile a bit for a while when I was 13 years old cuz of someone named after it who wouldn't 'accept my apology and be my online friend again'.

    I was a really stupid kid in my early teens. XD Seriously...

    She had all her rights to dislike me for how I acted, anyways. The way I acted twards her was petty and judgemental and plain unfair, regardless to whether or not I was 'young still' back then. That's no excuse for such bad behavior. >_>;

    EDIT; just fixing some spelling errors...
    Last edited by Trioxhydre; 23rd October 2012 at 1:40 PM.
    Riku from kingdom hearts is so hot :P

    ^ rawr :P ITS A LION ADD THING. XD

  8. #83
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    The United States of America
    Posts
    72

    Default

    my best friend's pokemon when we were young were Zapdos and Alakazam. I never really liked either, but he died when were only in third grade. Since then, Alakazam and Zapdos have always been two of my favorites. I used Zapdos religiously on Crystal after that happened. Though I don't use them on my team any longer, i still consider them my favorites....
    Yellow Team [Currently In Progress]:
    () () . . () . () . . () . . ()
    Justin - Wilfred - Xavier - Tank - Raymundo - Dugtrio

    Black 2 Team:
    () () . () . () . () . ()
    Tidas - Hades - Odin - Valdosta - Stark - Oscar

  9. #84
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Didney Worl
    Posts
    703

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Violet Moon Ray View Post
    I once traded a lvl 58 Arcanine to a friend when I was 15. He needed help defeating the Elite Four in Sinnoh.

    Well.. time progressed, and things happened. We grew apart. Far apart. Literally. And so our friendship (or lack thereof--nvm, rambling) died.

    Growlithe is a pokemon that resonates with me because of its moveset. It is a loyal and dedicated pokemon. It gains power from protecting and avenging its allies. TO me, trading that Arcanine was--not then, but now--a symbol of my loyalty to that friend. Although we are no longer even acknowledging each other's existences, Arcanine reminds me of the good times, not the bad. I used to undermine the potential of Arcanine, although it is pretty strong. Now, If I ever decide to catch one, I raise it with much much more care and attention to detail than I first did whenever I play a game where I need one. And always, I am reminded of that traded Arcanine.
    You have no idea how much I can relate to this. Glad I am not alone.


    Number of Genwunners = 100
    Number of people accused of being a Genwunner = 100 000 000 000 000 000
    Number of people complaning about Genwunners = 100 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000

  10. #85

    Default

    The fact that the Unova games suddenly gave Pokemon a half-decent plot made me like Pokemon again.

  11. #86
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    576

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pyrotechnet View Post
    my best friend's pokemon when we were young were Zapdos and Alakazam. I never really liked either, but he died when were only in third grade. Since then, Alakazam and Zapdos have always been two of my favorites. I used Zapdos religiously on Crystal after that happened. Though I don't use them on my team any longer, i still consider them my favorites....
    I don't want to sound annoying, but what happened to him?

  12. #87
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Didney Worl
    Posts
    703

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Smanters View Post
    The fact that the Unova games suddenly gave Pokemon a half-decent plot made me like Pokemon again.
    How does that relate to the topic?


    Number of Genwunners = 100
    Number of people accused of being a Genwunner = 100 000 000 000 000 000
    Number of people complaning about Genwunners = 100 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000

  13. #88
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Greenwood, S.C.
    Posts
    83

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hilda View Post
    How does that relate to the topic?
    It doesn't. Troll person is trolling.

  14. #89
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Dragonspiral Tower
    Posts
    125

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PrincessPeachy View Post
    I always had a female Medicharm on my team until I went on pixiv. After the brain bleach I saw on there, I can never bring myself to have one again despite how my past Medicharms were always BAMFs. The images always plow into my mind and I have to walk away.
    This would be me and Cofagrigus. I didn't mind it until I hit pixiv and saw some disgusting artwork with it and Golurk--now I see Cofagrigus as a creepy molester. I never want to see it again. >.<

    I wasn't a big fan of Oshawott until I read this. I went from not liking it to feeling sympathy for it and I chose it as my starter. Now I love the little guy to pieces.

    I wasn't a huge fan of Golett until I hatched my first one on GPX+. Then I realized how blasted cute the little guy was and I fell in love with it. When I used one on my White run-through to smack around Elesa, I went from loving it to adoring it. Golett is now one of my absolute favorite Pokemon, tied with Golurk.

    May you be waiting for me in the next Gen and forevermore.
    These are my babies. Be kind to them.

  15. #90
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    3,238

    Default

    I wasn't a big fan of Yamask until James caught one in the anime. Now it is one of my favorite Pokémon. Its voice is so adorable xD "Desuu~"

    Quote Originally Posted by Silverwynde View Post
    I wasn't a big fan of Oshawott until I read this.
    T_T That is so... T_T


  16. #91
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Somewhere
    Posts
    396

    Default

    Ivysaur holds a very special place in my heart, it was the 1st pokemon card I ever owned and that card was given to me by my dad who is very sick (i wish i still had the card but Ivysaur will always be my favorite gen1 pokemon)

    .: 3DS FC: 0490-5034-9209 :.
    .: DeviantART :: Graphics Thread :: Art Thread :: Art Shop :.

  17. #92
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Warsaw, Poland
    Posts
    243

    Default

    I used to like both Piplup and Oshawott lines because they're water type starters, which I always picked almost religiously. And then I used them in my playthroughs of Diamond and Black respectively. Needless to say, I got a Starmie later in the game each time.

    "Place the pistol down, now give the gun a spin, soon as the spinning stops, oh no the game starts in"

  18. #93

    Default

    I used to like Weavile but then i finally used Virizion in battle and it rocks. Better than Breloom IMO

  19. #94
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Greenwood, S.C.
    Posts
    83

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Silverwynde View Post
    This would be me and Cofagrigus. I didn't mind it until I hit pixiv and saw some disgusting artwork with it and Golurk--now I see Cofagrigus as a creepy molester. I never want to see it again. >.<

    I wasn't a big fan of Oshawott until I read this. I went from not liking it to feeling sympathy for it and I chose it as my starter. Now I love the little guy to pieces.

    I wasn't a huge fan of Golett until I hatched my first one on GPX+. Then I realized how blasted cute the little guy was and I fell in love with it. When I used one on my White run-through to smack around Elesa, I went from loving it to adoring it. Golett is now one of my absolute favorite Pokemon, tied with Golurk.
    Heh. I used to like Gardevoir because of its name and power and appearance. The meme art of Garde only made me go from like to love. -drool- Hasty Garde ftw.

  20. #95
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    It's good to be back.
    Posts
    458

    Default

    After I saw a picture of Oshawott smiling, I loved it. It went from my least favorite Unova starter to my favorite, instantly.
    Also, SAWK. I used to not really like it, but when it almost single-handedly murdered my team, I caught one and it is pretty amazing.
    Ah, yes, I probably just said something stupid there, didn't I? Not surprising, I've been called an idiot on multiple occasions, although I do consider myself to be more intelligent than most...

  21. #96
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Didney Worl
    Posts
    703

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Silverwynde View Post
    This would be me and Cofagrigus. I didn't mind it until I hit pixiv and saw some disgusting artwork with it and Golurk--now I see Cofagrigus as a creepy molester. I never want to see it again. >.<

    I wasn't a big fan of Oshawott until I read this. I went from not liking it to feeling sympathy for it and I chose it as my starter. Now I love the little guy to pieces.

    I wasn't a huge fan of Golett until I hatched my first one on GPX+. Then I realized how blasted cute the little guy was and I fell in love with it. When I used one on my White run-through to smack around Elesa, I went from loving it to adoring it. Golett is now one of my absolute favorite Pokemon, tied with Golurk.
    What is pixiv?


    Number of Genwunners = 100
    Number of people accused of being a Genwunner = 100 000 000 000 000 000
    Number of people complaning about Genwunners = 100 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000

  22. #97
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Look Behind You
    Posts
    23

    Default

    I only like to use Pikachu because Ash has it.

  23. #98
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    3,238

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hilda View Post
    What is pixiv?
    It is like the Japanese version of deviantART.

  24. #99
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Didney Worl
    Posts
    703

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nyarlathotep View Post


    It is like the Japanese version of deviantART.
    I am really hesitant to check it out after what all those others said.


    Number of Genwunners = 100
    Number of people accused of being a Genwunner = 100 000 000 000 000 000
    Number of people complaning about Genwunners = 100 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000

  25. #100
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    3,238

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hilda View Post
    I am really hesitant to check it out after what all those others said.
    Well if you like Pokémon fanart, you will find a lot of good ones in there. But the site content is like 10% of good fanart and 90% of creepy Pokémon hentai/porn. x_x

    So... don't go in there unless you are at least 18 years old (or 21, for some countries).

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •