Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast

Thread: Did an experience change your views towards a certain Pokemon?

Swanna. I was like "Never gonna use it, just catching it for the dex entry!".

Well, I tested one last week, what a beast, makes Pelliper look like Pellican crap!
    What is Life's Greatest Illusion?
    Innocence, my brother...

I always liked Cloyster, but when I used a Shell Smash one to utterly destroy my brother's team, I knew it was one of my absolute favorites!
    I have claimed Empoleon, Funky Kong and Super Mario Sunshine!
    3DS FC- 1762-3779-2632
    I have a Fairy Type Safari with Kirlia, Jigglypuff, and Clefairy!

Today i was reading someones signature and it had a picture or Jynx and it said how it look like Nikki Monage ( can't spell it right) and now I see Jynx like Nikki M.

Not asking just hoping for this to be an avatar,

In-game Eelektross, definitively.
    I was planning the members for my party and I really wanted to have an Eelektross. I was just in love with it's exotic design.
    I knew it would be a hard time leveling Tynamo up, but... I was not expecting such a bad occasion to catch this pokemon.
    At that point in the game anything that Tynamo did was equal to nothing and when it finally envolved to Eelektrik it really was a lot better, but for a short time.
    I ended up releasing it and catching another pokemon to replace it. Today I don't feel nothing more for Eelektross, nor see it as having such a exotic cool design. Just exotic.
    That bad experience made me become almost indifferent to this pokemon.
    Last edited by Mononoke Hime; 13th November 2012 at 5:15 AM.

tumblr | egc | pc

Muk.
    When I found out in Gen III I could Teach one Thunderbolt, Rock Tomb, and I can't remember what else, I nicknamed one "MK Ultra" due to the fact every one of it's attacks either damaged stats or had the potential to. Lol
    What is Life's Greatest Illusion?
    Innocence, my brother...

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson_Blazer View Post
    Uhm crobat didn't exist is gen I. If you mean firered or leaf green, then that's gen III...
    oh really xD my bad. i thought gen 1,2 and so on meant kanto jotho and such xD my bad lolol. not need to get all worked up. o.o

I used to think Garbodor was all-around terrible. My views on it have improved after witnessing its might and great Weak Armor ability in the Rental Tournament
    X team:

Emerald team:
    Shinies: (Gift) (SR) (search) (random)
    Friend code: 4556-0061-9735, Redjirachi

Oshawott family I though they were weak because of how they looked but then I used it as my starter in B2 and fell in love with its strength.
    Forever alone! This Lone Wolf keeps on fighting!
    "I don't want to be alone, I just want to be left alone!"

credit goes to internet for image

nuzlockes that's what really changes my experience for them
    3DS FC 1220 - 6490 - 8008

I used to dislike Psyduck, until the episode in the anime where it focuses on it's headache issue. Now, I REALLY dislike it.
    Game: Soul Silver
    Name: Agent X
    FC: 3955-1298-0022

Fire Red Team (0 badges):

Emerald Team (3 badges):

Soul Silver Team (16 badges):

Zubat, Golbat, and Crobat. In Pokemon Platinum, I used a Zubat/Golbat/Crobat through the ENTIRE game. I beat the Elite 4, and I looked at its stat page and said "met at lv.2" it never hit me how much I liked that pokemon untill I realized it helped me beat the game.

Spoiler:- FC:

30 BP ( I need more..)

The anime changed my views towards Meloetta. I thought Meloetta was meh, but then it showed up with that awesome voice in the anime.

Also, when members here have avatars of Pokemon sprites, whenever I see the sprite ingame I think of that member. With two members banned with Shaymin sky forme avatars, I'm now preferring to use land forme..
    Quote Originally Posted by Viki
    Ummm..........Teleportation?
    It's okay to be a bit modest but don't bash yourself. If you really think you suck why try to do anything?

Well, I always disliked Ambipom. I thought it was a particularly hideous pokemon. But, I decided to try an experiment with it, because it seemed to suit my purposes.
    That experiment failed and I ended up disliking it more.
    However, then I modified the one I bred a little and tried it in Singles. Now I love that mutant monkey! Technician and Normal typing is a crazy good combination!

My Youtube battle videos
    My 3DS FC: 3609-1041-6416.

I have claimed Goodra. Happy slime dragons ftw!

i used to despise flareon, i thought he was the worst eeveelution, and possibly fire type, ever. But then i started to get interested in eeveelutions more, and i tried out Flareon. I realized that... he's adorable. x) maybe he's not so tough on the battlefield, but if you look past that, Flareon can be a great pokemon. and also, Flareon is now my favorite pokemon. xD

Piplup, I used to like it but now I actually dislike it b/c of the anime esp. its awful piercing voice...>:S Also w/ Samurott, I didn't liked it at first b/c of how it doesn't resemble its pre-evolutions but I gave it a chance since it's still an Oshawott but as a badass samurai.

I started to look differently at Castform when someone in Yahoo Answers asked whether those pair of balls under it were nuts or breasts...
    Last edited by Mystical Jackal; 16th December 2012 at 6:00 PM.

Yesterday I had a battle with someone whose pokemon were all at level 35-40 so I had to very quickly make a new team to match his pokes' levels. I definitely have a new appreciation for Deino and Pawniard. Also, I was pleasantly surprised by Audino's offensive capabilities.

White 1335 5361 5411
    White 2 3740 7568 0796

I used to think Magcargo was just meh. Interesting type, although disadvantageous. Not one of my favorites. Then I did a Battle Factory run in Emerald with one, and that thing swept EVERYTHING.
    - The whole Stallrein thing? He does it better.

I've always liked Breloom well enough, but she (my Breloom, Ariadne) was always just sort of "There" in my team...

...until an online battle with some turd wherein she OHKO'd a Moltres. I've loved her ever since (consequently, after she obliterated that Moltres, the kid accused me of cheating, called me all sorts of names, and disconnected. I hate sore losers. Take it like a man!).

3DS FC: 1950 7837 2016
    Electric Friend Safari. Pokemon: Dedenne, Pikachu, Manectric
    ATTENTION! I HAVE A LARGE AMOUNT OF FOSSIL POKEMON UFT, INCLUDING X-VERSION EXCLUSIVES. PM ME IF YOU WANT ONE
    Banner by: Me. Art by Stephen Gammell
    Before you try to act superior to someone else on here, remember that no matter how much of an "internet cool-guy" you think you are, this is a Pokemon forum.
    My Youtube, wherein I read stupid stories and mock them! Also, some songs. May not be appropriate for kids. Updated weekly with two whole videos!

Cacturne was pretty cool to me until I read its Pokedex entry. Now I can stop wondering why they are so creepy.

Here are some I was not too insane about until I used them, saw them in action, or saw them in the show:
    Marill
    Azumarill (it saved me from Flannery in Emerald, and Huge Power made it kick behind on Black 2)
    Bulbasaur
    Venusaur
    Chikorita
    Bayleef
    Meganium
    Zigzagoon
    Linoone (again Emerald)
    Palkia, despite the obvious
    Oshawott (I still am not really fond of Ash's...)
    Sigilyph (I hated its guts because it nearly wrecked me on Black, but it has grown on me)
    Garbodor
    Vanilluxe
    Hydreigon (yes, really; I stayed away from it for a while because of Ghetsis, but after my Zweilous on Black evolved, it grew on me rapidly)
    Reshiram but I was lying to myself by saying I was more fond of Zekrom, so not really
    Zekrom (I got over it being overrated after a while but I never hated or disliked it)
    Kyurem (at first I thought it was strange, still do, but not as much)
    Keldeo (thank you M15)
    Meloetta (at first I thought it was furry bait while it is not)
    Last edited by Hydreigon6507; 17th December 2012 at 2:49 AM.
    Four Shinies now! Zara (Audino, female) (10/24/12), Kiki (Ledian, female) (10/16/13), Ivy (Carnivine, female) (10/31/13), Hoshi (Relicanth, male) (11/16/13)
    Friend Safari: Rock (Dwebble, Onix, and Shuckle)
    3DS FC: 2380-2837-4651 Name: Hy6507
    I have officially claimed Chespin!
    Current hunt: Chespin (MM) 200 eggs!

Quote Originally Posted by Renvault View Post
    Cacturne was pretty cool to me until I read its Pokedex entry. Now I can stop wondering why they are so creepy.
    Eesh. Like me with Froslass o_O It's the ghost of some woman that lived in icy places EESH its even tall as a human x_x nya~

The biggest case of this for me was Chikorita. I used to not like it, and than it kind of grew on me, but was still below Totodile. And then came mystery dungeon time. I had a male Charmander as my starter and I wanted a female and Chiko was the best offered, so I used her. I absolutely fell in love with her, and think her and Charmander are so cute together. She is now far and away my second favourite starter, and finally surpassed Totodile. She's come a long way to being one of my favourites, but she made it.
    SoulSilver BQ

Wonderful Banner by Golden Jet!!!!!
    Chapter 9 is up!! (Still Shocking!)

I used to despise the Tepig line, but then I decided to use it(it was the main Pokémon that helped me defeat the E4, N, Ghetsis, and Alder)and it quickly became my favorite of the gen5 starters over Snivy and it's evolutions.

I didn't use to like Swoobat before. But a close friend of mine really loved Seooba, and swept my team with it. Now I'm in love with it as well.

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast