Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910 LastLast

Thread: Did an experience change your views towards a certain Pokemon?

I really hated Gastrodon, ugly bastard. But my pearl was at gym 8 at the gym leader, with a lvl 2 pidgey. (Transfered all my pokémon over) So I tryed a team of floatzels and puruglys and I failed. (they were all lvl 43). Then I tryed to catch a Gastrodon, which succeeded. And he singly handed owned that Gym on lvl 42. Incredible.

~ | Latest shiny: Alpha Sapphire| ~

~ | Friendscode X & Y: 3196-4085-3103 | ~

~ | Living Pokédex: 719/721 | ~

I never have had hated any pokemon or have come to ;^_^

So not really.

Oh wait, When I first found Cryogonal I thought it was a glitch, I wasn't a big fan of it, then I caught it, called it Glitch, then I loved it :'D

Hmm..I think I don't like Basculins :/ they are sometimes a pain when I'm trying to EVing a certain pokemon. It almost seems like they are always using the strongest moves on purposes so my pokemon faints. If that wasn't enough, once a shiny Baculin appeared while I was of course...EVing...but because I had taken my eyes from the screen for just a moment I ended up accidently killing it.
    Last edited by Bluemiracle; 17th December 2012 at 5:06 PM.
    . Pokemon Black FC : 2151 3135 7016

. Pokemon White 2 FC : 4814 6076 9041

. Pokemon Y FC : 3325 1707 2950
    | shiny pokemon caught (and bred) in Y : 36

Maddie's successful MM shinies in White 2
    . no shiny charm used .

Current shiny hunt: Torchic - 500+ eggs hatched

Spoiler:- MM results:

Quote Originally Posted by Zorocario View Post
    I used to despise the Tepig line, but then I decided to use it(it was the main Pokémon that helped me defeat the E4, N, Ghetsis, and Alder)and it quickly became my favorite of the gen5 starters over Snivy and it's evolutions.
    I only use snivy because Serperior is just beautifull and emboar is a little too slow and it's defenses suck... However Swampert is my favorite starter ^_^

__________________________________________________ _
    Pokemon X Version Friend Code: 5043 3821 1755

I had a nice view of Gyarados before finding out that it was water/FLYING type. I thought that it was water/DRAGON type.

Why flying?? He can't learn flying moves nor even fly!

Now I see Gyarados as Pellican, just a little more offensive on Attack, though.
    Last edited by Pogaymon; 17th December 2012 at 11:55 PM.

As for me, I liked Arceus and the creation trio and after seeing the movies, I like them even more and more so to Arceus whom I have as a main character in my fanfics. I felt sorry for the poor thing and what he went through in the movie. I could imagine the emotional trauma he may have had which to me could explain why is could have been a little hard to remember as it was a traumatic experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Mystical Jackal View Post
    I had a nice view of Gyarados before finding out that it was water/FLYING type. I thought that it was water/DRAGON type.

Yeah really, I'm not a big fan of Gyarandos.

Treecko was my least favourite Hoenn starter until I did the personality test in pokémon mystery dungeon blue rescue team, and turned out to be him.
    When I played through the game I liked him more and more and now it is one of my most favourite starter pokémon.
    He was also awesome in the animé. Treecko Tree!
    White 2 Friendcode: 1636-2869-3103

I used to think that serperior was the best starter ever up until 2 months ago when i pick it as my starter and when i got to the post game it could not do decent damage to anything, so now i think of serperior as useless.
    † I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

What your signature is evolving? dun dun dun dun dun duuuuuun your signature has evolved into BEEN HEAR AWHILE. What do you want to nickname it? I'LL BE BACK!

I can't wait for Pokemon X and Y
        Spoiler:- shinys to date:

Arcanine the LEGENDARY Pokemon FTW
    GEN 3 RSE are still the BEST!!

Absol used to be a personal favorite of mine, and is also a friend of mine's all-time favorite. But now, that friend is a heartless jerk to me, and due to that, I don't like Absol at all. It irks me whenever I see one.

~My Black team~

The userbar is made by Sworn Metalhead!
    The team pose is made by Eeveelover824!
    I have claimed the PS1 game Crash Bandicoot!

Quote Originally Posted by Mystical Jackal View Post

To be honest, it wouldn't have had any weaknesses in Gen I if it was Water/Dragon.

Name: Tacho
    Adopt one yourself! @Pokémon Orphanage

Quote Originally Posted by ToedAndTrue View Post
    To be honest, it wouldn't have had any weaknesses in Gen I if it was Water/Dragon.
    Not to mention, it seemed dragon was an exclusive type to the pseudo legends back then. I think that was intentional.
    Venemo Oscuridad - 6 Battles
    My Secret Base, Version 2.

Quote Originally Posted by ToedAndTrue View Post

except for the other kanto dragon...which i think its perfectly fine.dragonair would have been the perfect counter part for gyarados, kind and peaceful vs. angry scary.

Quote Originally Posted by Zachmac View Post
    Not to mention, it seemed dragon was an exclusive type to the pseudo legends back then. I think that was intentional.
    i dont think dragonite was seen as a pseudo/legend; it was just extremely rare and people didnt studied it alot, hence knowing almost nothing about it!
    Arcanine was/is seen as a legend and its a fire type

Quote Originally Posted by takecare View Post
    except for the other kanto dragon...which i think its perfectly fine.dragonair would have been the perfect counter part for gyarados, kind and peaceful vs. angry scary.

No because there were no dragon moves in gen 1 except dragon rage.........
    But yeah I used to like riolu but ever since the overhype of it I really don't like it now

After I went to Nimbasa's gym, I began to start hating Emolgas and their Volt Change. Actually, I'm stuck there :P

Quote Originally Posted by szmty View Post
    After I went to Nimbasa's gym, I began to start hating Emolgas and their Volt Change. Actually, I'm stuck there :P
    I know how you feel. I was stuck there for a little bit and I too, don't like Emolga.

Name: Scorch
    Adopt one yourself! @Pokémon Orphanage
    If you've played the the metal gear solid series you should get this.

Sure, it has been some years ago, so the memory is a bit fuzzy, but back in the day, with Pokemon Colosseum.
    Murkrow.
    Never liked it, but when I had it on P.C., it was later transferred to Ruby or Sapphire, I forget. I took it out just to have a flyer, and found myself just growing to love it.
    Bred one to have Drill Peck/Confuse Ray, and Shadow Ball, and it sealed the deal.
    I know the old bird is overlooked and has plenty of flaws, but, darn it, I love it. (Where is the LOVE for Murkrow? ;-

I originally hated the Tepig evolutions. Then I borrowed my friend's Black version to get Tornadus (for the shiny charm on my White 2) and started with a Tepig for once. I single-handedly soloed that entire game with Emboar in 9 hours compared to 15-16 hours with a Serperior or Samurott. It at least softened my hatred towards it.

My 3DS FC: 3351-4281-5654. Message me if you want to fight in Smash or something.

Never was a fan of Beautifly....until I found a shiny one.... it looks awesome!
    Also, I got my *** handed to me by a Riolu with the copycat+prankster+entry hazards+roar combination for the first time a month ago, completely changed me opinion of him.
    Potato.
    Friend Code: 2365 4873 2076

I didn't like Breloom that much until it helped me sweep the opponent team with it's riddiculous spore focuspunch combo .

I've never really liked fire pokemon until GF upgrade them w/ neat DW abilities like Ninetails and Blaziken.
    X FC: Cutty 2449 6004 1037

Wee... Poison slide at my gym...

Pokegyms Fairy Leader

Credit to Astral Shadow for the userbar and Kida-Ookami for the badge.

Liepards. I thought they'd be nice at first. Nice Spd, decent offenses. 1st blow to that thought: every Liepard spams Fake Out. 2nd and final blow: their tiny puddle of a movepool doesn't allow much, hence common Fake Out.

On a more teeth-grinding scale, Mew. Back in the days, I was the one using Mew and glitched up movesets against friends. Now that I taught said glitches and said friends are using them against ME, that pink floating thing doesn't look so awesome anymore.

On an awesomeness upgrade, ANYTHING with Mimic/Assist in Generation IV games. ... Okay, almost everything. Delcatty will always remain a waste of Pokemon slot. But Infernape with Eruption or Weavile with Fusion Bolt rocks.
    Last edited by DX 2401PT; 20th December 2012 at 5:18 AM.
    Tired of seeing all-shiny teams on Wifi Random Matchup?
    Tired of hearing your friends brag about their shinies?
    Tired of hatching thousands of eggs to just get Hidden Power right?
    Visit my shop and turn the tables! PT's Perfect Shiny Shop. The simple solution.

Pretty much all of Generation 5. hahaha The games came out and poof! New favorite gen, despite hating it. xD

Anyways. I'd say the biggest change of experience is Garbodor. I used to hate the thing, despite loving Gen 5. I listen to a Pokemon Podcast called It's Super Effective! and the host really liked Garbodor for a time. Seeing someone actually like him made me kind of take a step back and try to evaluate the Pokmeon, give him a chance. And I really like him. Decent battle-wise, better set up-wise. He's like this big, giant, ugly teddy bear. Misunderstood.

Feel like you need a little more Pokemon in your life? Tune into our show!
    EPISODE 55 - SLOWPOKE HOLIDAY
    Looking for something Pokemon-related to listen to while playing through Pokemon XY? This episode is for you!!
    Released: 12/11/14

Guess who claimed Luxray?!

The competitive scene; the list of which of my views changed is massive.
        Spoiler:- 3DS friend-code:

I liked Donphan......until I saw its backsprite for DPPt/HGSS
    Signature edited due to exceeding the gif size limit. Please read the signature rules before editing your signature.

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910 LastLast