Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Did an experience change your views towards a certain Pokemon?

Oooh yeah. I used to hate Scrafty with a passion. Why? Because it had so much fandom despite being a wtf orange gangsta thingie, wich I deeply despise. It just reminded me way too much of all those friggin rappers my brother listens to all the time.

But one day, I was messing around route 18, and a shiny Scraggy appares O.O
    Need I say more? I just loooooooooove the colors of shiny Scrafty. Named her Neon Liz 'cause the neon green on her is so cool. Random shinies are always awesome no matter what, but she made me completely revaluate her species. One thing that I came to love about Scrafty is the hoodie with the holes for the eyes, so now I always imagine her battling with her hood down *u*

Spoiler:- Credits:

At first, I didn't really like Tepig and its evolutions. Then I used one in White 2, and now I love the Pokemon to bits. They're far better than I expected them to be.

Quote Originally Posted by TherianForm View Post
    Basically this. Also with other forms like Keldeo.

And also sometimes I suddenly random pokemon. Like Durant. Or Shelgon. Or Dunsparce.
    Yeah, that too.

I hated Keldeo at first and still can't stand its Ordinary form, but it in its Resolution form is one of my favorite Pokémon.

Quote Originally Posted by TherianForm View Post
    Basically this. Also with other forms like Keldeo.

And also sometimes I suddenly random pokemon. Like Durant. Or Shelgon. Or Dunsparce.
    I pick random Pokemon for my ingame team despite always having a team planned out.

My first Gameboy games were: Pokemon Mystery Dungeon, Pokemon Crystal and Pokemon Blue.
    But the Story of Mystery Dungeon Got me my 3 Favourite pokemon:

Dammit, I've been practically dead. Too busy fighting demons and shadows.......* points evoker at head*....... back to work...* fires*

† I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

I never was really impressed with Infernape (still not too fond of it actually..) but it has grown on me a lot. I used a female one in Platinum and I actually found it very sufficient. I think having it be female made it more interesting for me to use because it was somewhat uncommon and gave me a different feel for the Pokemon. Odd, I know, but then again I have a weird sense of an analytical mind that absorbs what it can no matter how strange.

After watching a bit of Infernape in the anime (especially Ash vs Paul at the end) it made me like it more than I would if I had I not seen the fight.
    Still despise monkeys, and the fire/fight type.

OH. I also love Lucario to shreds now. I used to find it 'meh' until I used it in White 2. I thought its design over once again and actually found it pretty sweet. It's an Anubis afterall. I like the idea of a bipedal canine-esque creature following you around now haha. It has this mystical psychic-like flair to it, too.
    Alpha Sapphire

I really hated the zubat line too, but then I wanted a crobat, so I basically leveled up a golbat in Gold/Silver to like 78, it just kept using return on the elite four and never lost.(I didn't know about the new friendship feature)

I hated Gothitelle at first because it seemed like a rip off of Gardevoir, one of my favorite Pokemon. Then I actually used Gothitelle and found out that it can be an adequate tank.

tumblr
    - i've claimed zelos wilder, xerneas, and tales of the abyss
    Omega Ruby team:

I disliked Gallade because it was stupid, and had a bad design, but I grew to love it when I actually used it

The voices for some pokemon in the anime tend to change how I view them, which is pretty shallow I know. For example I loved Piplup before I heard it's voice in the anime and now just the sight of it annoys me, and on the flip-side, hearing Chimchar's voice in the anime made me adore it and want one in any game I can have it in.

Another really stupid thing that tainted my view of a pokemon is that Glailie's teeth remind me of the teeth a teacher I really hated in primary school had. ): Now I can't look at it without thinking about my sucky year as that teacher's student!

Lastly, Nuzlocke challenges also tend to change my mind about certain pokes, such as Onix, which I always thought was boring, but now I love having one on SS.
        Spoiler:- Current game teams:

I never used wooper or quagsire simply because I didn't like their looks. then I used a wooper in HG just to fill a hole in my team. Quagsire is now my fave Water/Ground type.
    My Favorite Pokemon
    Zangoose --- Moonlight_Tails --- November 22nd, 2013

Dragonite. I always thought they looked dumb, especially compared to the beautiful, serpentine look Dratini and Dragonaire had set up, so I really didn't use them or evolve them except for Dex/novelty purposes. Seeing my Mamoswine OHKO Drake's Dragonites one after the other in HeartGold put the final nail in the coffin of those guys for me.
    Then I saw a trade shop offering a specially-bred DW Dragonite as some sort of giveaway, and the moveset of it was really intriguing. I decided to give it a try, and came up with a lead Pokemon that I really enjoy using and has caused a fair number of ragequits whenever I use him online. xD I still think they look stupid, but I have new respect for them now.

Then there's Garchomp. I used to think Garchomp was totally awesome in terms of design, and I always wanted to have a really good one for my team. Now thanks to wi-fi matchups, where it seems to be on just about every team, I find it kind of boring and it doesn't seem to be a stellar battler either. Of all the Pokemon I face on a regular basis, Garchomp, on average, gives me the least trouble. Thanks to that, I've pretty much lost all interest in poor old Garchomp. :C

My Youtube battle videos
    My 3DS FC: 3609-1041-6416.

I have claimed Goodra. Happy slime dragons ftw!

Quote Originally Posted by AwakeningLeafIcarus View Post
    I didn't like the Roggengola line from the start, but when I began using one and saw that it had potential to be on my team as pretty much a powerhouse, I began to use it. ^_^ Now I like it :3 seeing Ash get a Roggengola in the anime as well and using it in battle is cool :P Powerful ^_^
    That's how I feel about Roggenrolla.
    He's even more awesome when he evolves.

Quote Originally Posted by Jommy View Post
    The voices for some pokemon in the anime tend to change how I view them, which is pretty shallow I know. For example I loved Piplup before I heard it's voice in the anime and now just the sight of it annoys me, and on the flip-side, hearing Chimchar's voice in the anime made me adore it and want one in any game I can have it in.

Another really stupid thing that tainted my view of a pokemon is that Glailie's teeth remind me of the teeth a teacher I really hated in primary school had. ): Now I can't look at it without thinking about my sucky year as that teacher's student!

Lastly, Nuzlocke challenges also tend to change my mind about certain pokes, such as Onix, which I always thought was boring, but now I love having one on SS.
    You sir have horrible taste in voices.

I thought snivy was the best thing ever because of the show. I picked snivy and it was most definitely not the best thing ever.

Quote Originally Posted by pokemonsquared View Post
    You sir have horrible taste in voices.

I thought snivy was the best thing ever because of the show. I picked snivy and it was most definitely not the best thing ever.
    In your opinion, yes, but I could say the same thing to you. xD

I do agree with you on the Snivy thing though. I stopped using my Serperior before I even got to the E4. :\
        Spoiler:- Current game teams:

I honestly used to dislike the Ralts>Kirlia>Gardevoir evo line because when you first caught Ralts in Ruby, it only knew Growl.
    I thought it was the most useless Pokémon in the game because it couldn't even attack. Then one day I decided I'd attempt to train one.
    When it finally evolved into Kirlia at level 20, I was just in love with the design, and loved it even more when it evolved into a Gardevoir.
    Now I try to have one on every team I have, along with Blaziken. I just love those two to death.

| my anime list | anime reviews blog | photobucket | soundcloud |
    | ask me anything...no really! | level my sylveon! |
    | latest anime review: .hack//Sign |
    | currently watching: .hack//Tasogare no Udewa Densetsu // 07-Ghost // 11eyes // 2x2=Shinobuden // Inuyasha |

I'd also like to say Scraggy, when Ash first got Scraggy's egg, I was sore about it. Then as the series went on, I started liking the little guy. I loved when he headbutted Bianca at the Clubslplosion.

Nope. Buy everyone keeps complaining that Palkia's head looks like a penis, however I still use it. Although, I can't stop thinking about it now DX

Quote Originally Posted by BritishWeavile View Post
    Nope. Buy everyone keeps complaining that Palkia's head looks like a penis, however I still use it. Although, I can't stop thinking about it now DX
    BritishWeavile wants learn the move Amnesia, but BritishWeavile already knows 4 moves. Delete a move and make room for Amnesia? 123 ...POOF, BritishWeavile forgot Maths and learned Amnesia

Number of Genwunners = 100
    Number of people accused of being a Genwunner = 100 000 000 000 000 000
    Number of people complaning about Genwunners = 100 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000

Quote Originally Posted by YokoKurama View Post
    I'd also like to say Scraggy, when Ash first got Scraggy's egg, I was sore about it. Then as the series went on, I started liking the little guy. I loved when he headbutted Bianca at the Clubslplosion.
    She was molesting him >.<

Quote Originally Posted by pokemonsquared View Post
    She was molesting him >.<
    Sawk, Stephan and more Pokemon too. Bianca's a Pokemon pedophile.

Quote Originally Posted by YokoKurama View Post
    Sawk, Stephan and more Pokemon too. Bianca's a Pokemon pedophile.
    I think molesting pokemon counts more towards...Pokestiality...

Anyway, BOT, I guess I initially despised Ralts because like Abra it teleported before I could catch it, usually. But Gardevoir is my favourite Pokemon...well, I liked it less when Gen IV added Gallade, since I was sore that I now had a male Gardevoir that needen't be at all. Similarly, I used to think Mew was cute. Then I saw the sprite more and more and considered how it can learn every move, and I just felt it was worthless and pointless.
    Also, I used to dislike Castform for being so gimmicky. Now, I have a Castform which I rigorously trained on Mt Battle and all the Beauty Contests and paid loads of cash to give it as many ribbons as I could, bar the Tower Ribbons. It is now my Bragging-est pokemon.
    Pokemon X Version 3DS Friend Code: 5086-1106-1225
    Friend Safari (X) - Poison - Toxicroak, Ariados, Serviper (it sucks I know)

Currently Require: Dex data for All event legends except Phione.

I never knew that word existed.

I hated the the Tympole line due their lack of ice Beam but I decided to give Seismitoad a go and I was surprised how decent it can be. Ash's Bosstoad made me like it even more.

I loved Oshawott but now a little less thanks to the dub's voice.

Oh here is my FAVORITE one. I was playing Pokemon Yellow and I was on the elite four part with all three starters, Dragonair and Pikachu. I sent my Pikachu against Dragonite as my last Pokemon after watching Orange Island and doing almost the exact same thing Ash did........ I think we know what happens next.

Also in the champion's battle against Gary's Vaporeon, Pikachu got one shotted by its Hydro Pump.

Even though I knew some aspects in the anime was not real (AIM FER DUH HORN!) I learned very quickly that day there is a difference between the anime and the games....

But thanks to that expereience, I realized what stats and movesets are and why they are important
    Yeah..... I changed my signature....

I hate Pelipper now. All because of one experience when I played through Ruby.

I was surfing through the ocean, when I wild Pelipper appeared to me, and I was trying to fill my Pokedex so it only seemed natural to catch one. I sent out my Blaziken despite it being at less than half health because Pelipper was at level 32, and Blaziken was at 60, so it didn't seem like such a big deal. It used supersonic, and my Blaziken wouldn't stop hitting itself, and every time I got a hit in, it would use protect. My Blaziken ended up fainting. It did the same thing to my entire team of Pokemon. It was also right next to Mossdeep city, but not quiet within the city limits, so technically I hadn't been there yet. So when I blacked out, I ended up back in Lilycove and had to surf ALL the way back to Mosdeep.

I now have an unbreakable vendetta against Pelipper.
    even if we don't understand each other, that's not a reason to reject each other. There are two sides to any argument. Is there one point of view that has all the answers? Give it some thought.
    ^ This is the reason why I like arguing. If I come off as standoffish or overly angry in an argument, don't worry. I'm probably having the time of my life. Whether I agree with them or not, the pokemon fandom has a lot of different opinions, and I love how nobody is afraid to share them.

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast