Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast

Thread: Did an experience change your views towards a certain Pokemon?

In Black/White, I didn't like the idea of Galvantula, and I didn't think it would be very helpful when it came to battling. Then I actually used it in Black2/White2 and it just decimated everything. It's now one of my top 3 Pokemon in my game.

Oh yes, plenty of times :P

As others have said, the Therian formes changed my mind about the trio in gen V... at least about Tornadus and Landorus :P I still think Thundurus looks crappy.

I've always disliked Emboar's design, but I had one in my starter in White2 and it was completely useless -.- Once I found out I could have it re-learn Hammer Arm it got a bit better, but I am still scarred from having to play up until the Elite 4 with only Arm Thrust...

I never liked Staraptor, but seeing Unfezant made me really wish for it back :P

I loathed Bidoof from the moment I set eyes on it (like many others) but I recently bought a sticker book and the one for Bidoof is actually pretty adorable >.<

I disliked Stunky at first but I absolutely hate it since I realized its face was purposely drawn to look like butt cheeks and its cry was made to sound like a fart ._. Really, gamefreak? How ridiculous can you get.

There are others but I won't list every single one...

3ds Friend Code: 3480-3956-6165
    In Safari: Onix, Dwebble, Barbaracle (Rock Types)
    Currently looking for HA Bulbasaur and Chespin family members. Please message if you want to add me.

I had a dream that I was saving a Roggenrola from a burning volcano and now I love it... still not a fan of Boldore though.
    Pokemon Y FC: 3668-8625-7027
    Combee, Volbeat, Pinsir

Quote Originally Posted by mario_fan View Post
    I always thought sawk was pretty cool until I saw this in the anime. *shudders*
    Hmm...I'll never look at Sawk the same way again...

tumblr
    - i've claimed zelos wilder, xerneas, and tales of the abyss
    Omega Ruby team:

I used to hate Gothitelle until I realized that its cry sounded like the Psycho shower music.

Also, I used to hate the Drowzee line and Snorlax until I read memes about them (like Hypno Steals Children and Snorlax Blocks The Path). Now they are among my faves of the original 151.

When I red Hypno's summary it gave me chills because it says it hypnotizes children and take them to a unknown location which I think is really mysterious and creepy

Created by Inferno Productions

hgss made me like a lot of pokémon i didn't care for simply because you could see them walk behind you and it made almost everything look cuter than it actually was. the gastly line is a fine example of this in my case.

Grass types...my first pokemon in a game ever was bulbasaur...I sadly started hating grass types after I started losing my "pokemon touch" in the games and was no longer able to play through one with a grass starter without restarting halfway through when I can't beat someone with it...a few years past and bam...the second I got pokemon white I picked serperior...he did not disappoint me...long story short, although I love all types equally, I have a soft spot for any grass types.
    Went to the book store to get a Where's Waldo book.
    Couldn't find any.
    Well played Waldo...well played

Quote Originally Posted by mephistopheles. View Post
    hgss made me like a lot of pokémon i didn't care for simply because you could see them walk behind you and it made almost everything look cuter than it actually was. the gastly line is a fine example of this in my case.
    totally happened to me too...I loved a lot of the pokemon's looks when they followed you including:charizard, dragonite, almost any legendary, pidgeot, staraptor, feraligatr, ampharos, and a shlit load more...
    Went to the book store to get a Where's Waldo book.
    Couldn't find any.
    Well played Waldo...well played

I used to really hate oshawott until I played with it in Pokepark 2, It really grew on me then
    Snivy also used to be just an ok starter to me, but I think seeing its attitude in the anime I began to love it and its one of my favorite starters

Chaos made by Katatakat and Sworn Metalhead

When BW came out, all I could think about was Snivy. Then there was that epiphany moment where I realize the awesomeness of the Oshawott line in a fanfic idea of mine. Oshawott's usage went up from there.

Gotta love those moments. :P
    ~Fact of the Whenever~
    Life gives you lemons because a large portion of humanity wasn't thankful for the grapes it already had. Please treat all fruit with respect.

I was neutral on Shaymin until I saw how adorable it was in Ranch.

I was also neutral on Heatran until it took me a full hour to capture it (to compare, Giratina took me about three minutes and I did so with a severely underleveled Aerodactyl)
    The world's greatest collector as drawn by Yoru Ryu
    Fancy Jirarudan too? Then you'll enjoy my fic Obsession! (updated June 29th, 2014)
    Or better yet, join my LJ comm Ware Wa Collector!
    Check out some of my other fics!
    Answering Machine (strong XY spoilers--winner of Most Heartbreaking Scene 2013!)

Quote Originally Posted by mario_fan View Post
    I always thought sawk was pretty cool until I saw this in the anime. *shudders*
    Sawk-off. It was kinda disturbing.

Number of Genwunners = 100
    Number of people accused of being a Genwunner = 100 000 000 000 000 000
    Number of people complaning about Genwunners = 100 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000

I used to think Gulpin looked weird until I used it in XD. Now I think it's cute in its own little way. He was instrumental in catching all the Shadow Pokémon in the final story battle as well. ^^ The 5th gen warmed me up even more to using slower defensive Pokémon on my team, but I still make sure to include something decently fast on any team so I'm not stuck having to fight every wild battle I come across.

I disliked Spoink and Gulpin until I noticed just how adorably CUTE Spoink was in BW.
    And as Gulpin is it's fan counterpart, I automatically grew on it too.

The Aron line has always been nothing more than dex filler for me, until recently when I read a screenshot LP showcasing it's massive defensive capabilities.

Now I'm considering leveling an Aggron up to 100 in my spare time.

Creating sentience is simple. Accepting it, however, is harder than it looks.

Quote Originally Posted by Spudnugget1 View Post
    The Aron line has always been nothing more than dex filler for me, until recently when I read a screenshot LP showcasing it's massive defensive capabilities.

I've loved Aggron ever since its original release in third generation games. Its high defenses combined with a focus shash and metal burst is amazing! ^_^

Aggron is amazing, specially on its shiny color.

But then again, almost every Steel Pokémon is amazing. :')
    Last edited by Nyarlathotep; 8th November 2012 at 4:03 PM. Reason: typos, typos everywhere

I used to think Lilligant was frail. That was until I used one in W2 with a quiver dance set.

Quote Originally Posted by ShinyBlackWhite View Post
    I used to think Lilligant was frail. That was until I used one in W2 with a quiver dance set.
    Same here, but I still don't feel too close to Lilligant that much.

Number of Genwunners = 100
    Number of people accused of being a Genwunner = 100 000 000 000 000 000
    Number of people complaning about Genwunners = 100 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000

Bidoof. I had forgotten to take it out of my party before the Elite Four. I had carried the thing everywhere as it was my HM guy, and it was only level 4. So I reached the Champion and after a long match, I hit Cynthia's Garchomp for a lot of damage before falling to an Earthquake crit. Garchomp's HP was so low you could barely see it, so I was annoyed. I knew I had lost, as Bidoof was the only thing left.

Then Garchomp missed with Earthquake.
    And Bidoof crit with Strength.

I finished off the Champion with a Lv. 4 Bidoof. I loved the little fellows from then on.
    "Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better. It's not." - Dr. Seuss
    This is Bidoof. Many people loathe it with their lives. If you are of the few people who love this little beaver, put this in your sig. Started by Warrior Scolipede
    Originally posted by razorrozar7
    Jesus said, "Love thy neighbor." He didn't say, "Love thy neighbor as long as they are straight, white, Christian, morally responsible individuals."
    Officially claimed Aht from Radiant Historia.

Grammar: It's the difference between knowing your sh*t, and knowing you're sh*t.

Quote Originally Posted by Spudnugget1 View Post

Quote Originally Posted by BritishWeavile View Post
    I've loved Aggron ever since its original release in third generation games. Its high defenses combined with a focus shash and metal burst is amazing! ^_^
    I've always love these 3-stage Pokemon, and I've used one in Emerald as well. But I think my most memorable experience with Aggron was on one of the RU tier fights, when my opponent switches in his Aggron when facing my Braviary, and was promptly 1HKO with Superpower, followed by a prompt "WTH" from him.

I might have changed his views about Aggron ever since that day.
    The best evolutionary designs are brought about by a balance between change and consistency.
    Artwork by Piper Thibodeau. You can view more of her work here.

the internet made me hate mudkip...

and I always used to pick the helix fossil in r/b/y until one of the anime episodes with kabuto.
    now I only pick the dome fossil.

I never thought that Haunter could possibly pull off a stall move set until I had to use one in the Battle Factory with Night Shade, Toxic, Grudge (I think), and Destiny Bond. Now, I don't think of it or Gengar as merely strong and fast, but frail; I see them as a possible defensive pokemon as well.

I did begin to take a dislike to Aerodactyl after being COMPLETELY haxed by one with Rock Slide, Swagger and Attract in the Battle Tower. I've since gotten over that and used one in a competitive team.
    I love my cute little Machop!

Come on, you know Machop is cute! I mean, who couldn't love those endearing eyes? That adorable face? That loving embrace?

Just don't call it cuddly or else it will hurt you.

Credit to pokefan#493 for the userbar and Northern Lights for the badge

Click the banner to go to this forum's branch of the Bring Back Bionicle Club.

I am now the rightful claimer of Machop in the Official Claim A Pokemon Thread v5! [IMG]http://i52.*******.com/2z57udz.jpg[/IMG]

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast