Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast

Thread: Did an experience change your views towards a certain Pokemon?

Yes!

I used a Probopass on a Steel monotype play through a while ago and grew quite attached to mine. I never thought I'd like Probopass as much as I do now.
    X team: Chespin, Goomy, Amaura, Skiddo, Spritzee, Espurr!

I used to not be fond of Wigglytuff but after Pokemon Mystery Dungeon I grew attached to that pink thing now some people actually call me Guildmaster XD

I used to not like Lucario very much until I got a Riolu as my starter in Explorers of Sky. Now it's one of my favorite Pokémon.
    Yellow Team

Current Pokémon Y Team Members
    Greninja, Venusaur, Blaziken, Raichu, Tyrantrum, Mr. Mime

Pokémon X Planned Team Members
    Chesnaught, Charizard, Vespiquen, Jynx, Jolteon, Lucario

Quote Originally Posted by ECM View Post
    I used to not like Lucario very much until I got a Riolu as my starter in Explorers of Sky. Now it's one of my favorite Pokémon.
    I was never fond of Lucario either. It wasn't until I started playing SSBB back in '08 that I started to adapt.

Oh, the irony.
    Under Construction

In hoenn i got a makuhita without knowing it evolved into the beast Hariyama. i got it to fill the pokedex and his funny name. it then won the 2nd gym for me, its one of my favourite hoenn and fighting type pokemon

I used to think Stunfisk was not a very cool Pokemon, until I saw it fly in the anime. Now it's one of my favorite Pokemon!

I just got a Swampert, and my favorite Pokemon has changed AGAIN.

No experience has ever changed my views on a certain pokemon except I liked Stunfisk after seeing him on the anime

I didn't like Charizard when I was a kid.

And I still don't like it.

Lol, but in all seriousness, I didn't like Electivire until I saw it battling on the anime.

It doesn't take much to get me to like a Pokémon; usually after I see one in the anime or manga I'll appreciate it more than I did before. I never really thought much of Gliscor, for example, until Ash got one.

I at first NEVER wanted to use an Audino, based on what people said about it's stats. (Negative things) But now I use one and it can just sweep entire teams! XD

Quote Originally Posted by Savanny
    This place is deader than my pets I have buried in the backyard...

Leavanny and Braviary have caused me to grow to love bug and flying types simply by existing.
    IGNORE ALL MY TRADE OFFERS.

I swear, if I come back and my inbox is full of PMs, there will be hell to pay.

Well, I really didn't like Darmanitan or Stoutland at first. Then I used them on my teams and they were both incredible useful. I really like them now.
    [CENTER]
    [IMG]http://i41.*******.com/117d2m1.png[/IMG]
    Credit goes to Mew_

The first time it happened to me was in Emerald. I was struggling to defeat Team Magma (or maybe Aqua? I can't remember which), and I was stuck with using my last Pokémon. A Sharpedo, which I must have had on my team for Dive or something. Anyway, it was only level 36. And I was facing level 50's. And my Sharpedo OHKO'ed the last of their Pokémon. From that one small experience, Sharpedo went from being a Pokémon I didn't like, to being one of my favorite Pokémon ever.

It happened again in White 2, though it wasn't as big of a change. I used a Flygon on my team, and it swept through almost half the game, to being my strongest Pokémon. It went from a Pokémon I liked, to being tied for my favorite Pokémon along with Starly.

~ Pokémon White Team ~ | ~ | ~ Pokémon White 2 Team ~ | ~ | ~ Pokémon Y Team ~
    . . ~ | ~ ~ | ~
    Friend Code: 2365 5104 6047 ~ | ~ Friend Code: 2624 0490 4722 ~ | ~ Friend Code: 1993 7426 4118
    - I have claimed the awesome Helioptile -

I used to think Torterra was cool...until Ash got one

I hated Zubat at first since he keeps appearing in all sort of caves which kinda annoys me. But after seeing the Gen 1's E4 agatha's Crobat uses Sludge bomb and Gen 2 E4 Koga's Crobat uses Cross poison, i started to like it and kept using Crobat as my 'fly' pokemon

Uhm crobat didn't exist is gen I. If you mean firered or leaf green, then that's gen III...

Quote Originally Posted by pokemonsquared View Post
    Why would that change your view towards Torterra?

I wish Ash wasn't such a wuss. I mean, we all know from that Toys R Us event that his Pikachu is a tough cookie (As far as Pikachus go). As for him, he has all of these pokemon swarming around him. He is literally swimming with Legends at times, yet he never tries to catch them... Thus he is a wuss.

As for my experience that changed me, Meinshao. Before it, I NEVER liked fighting types, in fact I avoided them when I could. Then I caught a level 59 male Meinshao with regenerator, I wound up liking not just Meinshao, but many fighting types. Also, I like Poliwrath. Great Defense. Also, the fact Dual Chop can be taught via move tutor on W2 and B2, Pawniard, Bisharp, Sawk, Toxicroak and many others are now Dragon-slayers...In my book at least. They are my Housecarls.
    Last edited by Mr.FusRoDah; 12th November 2012 at 8:46 PM.
    What is Life's Greatest Illusion?
    Innocence, my brother...

I hadn't been all that fond of Cacturne for quite a while, forgetting it existed at all. In Platinum I was running around when I run into a Cacturne, I was going to run from the battle, but I thought I should get a grass type so I caught him. He stayed in the PC for a few months until I decided I wanted to beat the Elite Four, but once I got to Cynthia, her team beat me easily. I remembered about the Cacturne so I got him out of the PC, leveled him up, and used him against Cynthia. I now have a level 100 Cacturne who never leaves my team.

I also didn't like electric types all that much for awhile, until I started White2 and caught a Mareep.

Name: Specter
    Adopt one yourself! @Pokémon Orphanage

My signature is so empty now.

Lucario went from being just liked by me to being lurved simply because of it's diverse movepool and the fact my first movie star was a Lucario named "Vigilante".
    What is Life's Greatest Illusion?
    Innocence, my brother...

I used to hate Sawsbuck, dismissing it as a Stantler clone, until one swept my team in the battle subway. Now I use them all the time.
    White 2 Team:

I actually love vanilluxe.

i used to dislike alakazam, but i tried using one on my OU team and it was great.
    now it's one of my favorite pokemon.
    † I am a Christian, and not ashamed to admit it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

Quote Originally Posted by octopusG44 View Post
    Why would that change your view towards Torterra?
    Because ash's torterra fails at life worse than Wiley the road runner.

Because ash's torterra fails at life worse than Wiley the road runner.
    Poor Torterra is forever doomed to be in the epic fail corner with Burgundy.
    The anime made me really like Infernape and Oshawott, so I guess that counts? ;P
    MMing: Espurr, 90 eggs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kutie Pie View Post
    Good. You can never understand the mindset of a woman.

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast