Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Unexpected Moments in Pokemon

Exclamation Unexpected Moments in Pokemon

Have you ever been just playing through a Pokemon game and then suddenly, something unexpected happens?

For example: I was just running around Floccesy Ranch in my Black 2 game, when out of nowhere, a Riolu appeared. I wasn't paying attention to the game and the next thing I knew, there was a Pokemon with a 5% encounter rate right there in front of me! Has this ever happened to you?
    My Teams
    Emerald
    LeafGreen
    Diamond
    Platinum
    Soulsilver
    White
    Black 2

Quote Originally Posted by BritishWeavile View Post
    Because people are so badass, families sleep on one bed or the floor, they do their business outside, and one roomed houses are totally in style these days.
    Quote Originally Posted by Metagross8 View Post
    Actually, what makes it worse is that the only authorities in the games seem to be Security Guards, gym leaders, and trainers! No wonder they've got criminal syndicates and burglars everywhere!!

I didn't expect Klinklang to learn Trick Room or Emboar with Scald.

Seeing Latias on Sapphire randomly. I didn't know it was a roaming Pokemon and I thought it was a normal wild Pokemon of that area.

Number of Genwunners = 100
    Number of people accused of being a Genwunner = 100 000 000 000 000 000
    Number of people complaning about Genwunners = 100 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000

Cobalion jumping in front of the protagonist in B2W2. It came from nowhere.

And when I saw that Probopass can learn the elemental punches. Wtf...

Quote Originally Posted by Nyarlathotep View Post
    Cobalion jumping in front of the protagonist in B2W2. It came from nowhere.
    This. Also in Lostlorn Forest when the random backpacker was Zoroark.
    I'll put something here...eventually

I wasn't expecting to find Latios on my Ruby game, and when it appeared I had no idea what to do. I also wasn't expecting to get Pokerus either of the times I got it. The first time, I didn't know whether it was bad or good. The second time, I wasn't expecting the odds of me getting it randomly again.
    even if we don't understand each other, that's not a reason to reject each other. There are two sides to any argument. Is there one point of view that has all the answers? Give it some thought.
    ^ This is the reason why I like arguing. If I come off as standoffish or overly angry in an argument, don't worry. I'm probably having the time of my life. Whether I agree with them or not, the pokemon fandom has a lot of different opinions, and I love how nobody is afraid to share them.

Quote Originally Posted by MegaSerperior View Post
    Also in Lostlorn Forest when the random backpacker was Zoroark.
    Yes, that was wierd . . . And how Alder jumps off a huge cliff on Route 19 when you can only jump tiny ledges. TT
    My Teams
    Emerald
    LeafGreen
    Diamond
    Platinum
    Soulsilver
    White
    Black 2

Because people are so badass, families sleep on one bed or the floor, they do their business outside, and one roomed houses are totally in style these days.
    Actually, what makes it worse is that the only authorities in the games seem to be Security Guards, gym leaders, and trainers! No wonder they've got criminal syndicates and burglars everywhere!!

Ghetsis trying to murder you in B2W2. I mean, why!? You know him for about 5 Minutes and he tries to kill you.

I look sugary and sweet, but in reality I'm just hollow and rotten.
    Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by Sceptile&Hydreigon View Post
    Yes, that was wierd . . . And how Alder jumps off a huge cliff on Route 19 when you can only jump tiny ledges. TT
    Yes! I was trying to do that to get to Virbank City or something faster!
    I'll put something here...eventually

Was just walking through the grass in White and randomly ran into a zangoose. Never had one before so that was pretty amazing

I don't expect critical hits to land during tournements that give you a flawless Shiny when you win, guess its just luck.

Seeing Celebi for the first time was also really unexpected. I was out of the loop in Gen2, but ended up getting Colloseum at a rental store. Not only was it weird to see 2 generations of Pokemon that I had missed, but seeing Celebi was perhaps the most enigmatic. The way that it was uncatchable and completely unknown made me so attached to it. I'm still really attached to it, because it captures that wonder and excitement of experiencing Pokemon for the first time a second time.
    even if we don't understand each other, that's not a reason to reject each other. There are two sides to any argument. Is there one point of view that has all the answers? Give it some thought.
    ^ This is the reason why I like arguing. If I come off as standoffish or overly angry in an argument, don't worry. I'm probably having the time of my life. Whether I agree with them or not, the pokemon fandom has a lot of different opinions, and I love how nobody is afraid to share them.

Quote Originally Posted by MegaSerperior View Post
    This. Also in Lostlorn Forest when the random backpacker was Zoroark.
    Yeah, that thing scared the flip out of me.

I was also surprised at how easy the E4 and the Champion were... And even more surprised when I managed to knock out Iris' Hydreigon with just a super-effective, critical-hit Megahorn from my Heracross.

Yeah I found the Zoroark guy to be a bit creepy, just some guy talking and oh wait what's that .__.

Quote Originally Posted by Duranteater View Post
    I didn't expect Klinklang to learn Trick Room or Emboar with Scald.
    I think Emboar's scald is the pokemon urinating...

Anyway, I was SR'ing in the nature preserve for an adamant shiny haxorus WITH Mold Breaker. When I got it, it's highest IV's were in it's attack stat! I was TOTALLY not expecting that!
    3DS FC: 5043 1366 9389

Looking for more secret bases! Message me your QR code, and I'll send you back mine.

Looking for that extremespeed linoone with adamant or jolly (when it comes out). If you're gonna get one, I'd appreciate it. I can clone it if needed.
    I'm willing to sell my soul for it

Well the the other day I was battling Burge in White 2 he was down to his Leavanny and I decided to use my Servine against my better judgement. For the next 3 or 4 turns he used Sting Shot while I kept hammering away with Leaf Tornado and when he attacked it left Servine with just 1 HP. I wanted Servine to fight till the end so I didn't withdraw her but when Leavanny attacked again it's attack missed! Then again! And Again!! And Again!!! And Eventually my lovely Female Servine came out on top after a few Cuts! It's amazing what a few Accuracy reductions can do... To tell you the truth... I felt like Ash after that battle cause he's always been known to use Pokemon with a type disadvantage and usually win!
    DON'T LET OTHERS DEFINE YOU!
    YOU DEFINE YOURSELF!!
    Nintendo Network ID: Marbi-Z
    3DS Friend Code: 4596-9457-8718
    Platinum Team:
    Heartgold Team:
    White Team:
    White 2 Team:
    Alternates:
    I Love LOPUNNY and I Love GARDEVOIR too!
    Wanna battle and/or exchange 3DS Friend Codes?
    PM or VM me!

This is kinda'- no, scratch that- REALLY weird. So I'm playing my Platinum, trying to catch a Tropius in the Pastoria Great Marsh. I'm on the phone with a friend of mine at the time, and my friend, after I complain to him about the frequent Woopers, jokingly said 'Wooper Powers Activate!' So, I encounter my next Pokemon aaaaaand... Wooper. Thinking that it was just a coincidence, I just keep trying to find a Tropius. The next thing I encountered was..... another Wooper. The next 3 Pokemon I encountered after that: ALL Woopers! Then he said 'Tropius Powers Activate!' Wanna' guess what the next Pokemon I found was after he said that? Yeah. Tropius.

Quote Originally Posted by TheGreaterLucario View Post
    This is kinda'- no, scratch that- REALLY weird. So I'm playing my Platinum, trying to catch a Tropius in the Pastoria Great Marsh. I'm on the phone with a friend of mine at the time, and my friend, after I complain to him about the frequent Woopers, jokingly said 'Wooper Powers Activate!' So, I encounter my next Pokemon aaaaaand... Wooper. Thinking that it was just a coincidence, I just keep trying to find a Tropius. The next thing I encountered was..... another Wooper. The next 3 Pokemon I encountered after that: ALL Woopers! Then he said 'Tropius Powers Activate!' Wanna' guess what the next Pokemon I found was after he said that? Yeah. Tropius.
    LOL! That is too funny! XD
    My Teams
    Emerald
    LeafGreen
    Diamond
    Platinum
    Soulsilver
    White
    Black 2

That moment when you actually hatch a shiny in less than 150 eggs.

When my Kyurem white draco meteor failed to OHKO a tentacruel.

Quote Originally Posted by pokemonsquared View Post
    When my Kyurem white draco meteor failed to OHKO a tentacruel.
    Was the Tentacruel fully sp defensive or was this in game?

Quote Originally Posted by Duranteater View Post
    Was the Tentacruel fully sp defensive or was this in game?
    It was in white tree hollow, and I was only 6 levels under.

Quote Originally Posted by pokemonsquared View Post
    It was in white tree hollow, and I was only 6 levels under.
    I remember going through the White Tree on my Japanese White 2, I didn't know who would be sent out.

Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast