Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Unexpected Moments in Pokemon

Definitely finding a shiny machop on my platinum replay a few months back. I knew finding a shiny was impossibly unlikely, and I had never found one before, so I had given up hope. The next morning, I found a shiny Gligar in the same game. I caught and trained both.
    I have claimed Alduin, the mighty dragon! He shall one day return to bring forth the end of time, and fulfill the prophecy of the world eater.

Every shiny moment.

Number of Genwunners = 100
    Number of people accused of being a Genwunner = 100 000 000 000 000 000
    Number of people complaning about Genwunners = 100 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000

When you encounter a shiny zubat in the Castelia Sewers... and Hugh ONKO's it right off the bat. Ouch.

I feel really left out when people talk about B2W2, I couldn't get it yet.

Number of people complaning about Genwunners = 100 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000

Quote Originally Posted by Hilda View Post
    I feel really left out when people talk about B2W2, I couldn't get it yet.
    Same here, but I don't feel completely left out. Since it's not a completely new generation I figure I can wait a bit until I buy it.

*Le me walking to Lacosansosa(Lol,spell fail?)Town*
    Me: I'm almost there... -w-
    *Sees a Cobalion*
    Me: O_____________O

Finding a Shiny Golduck in Black 2 when a few years ago in Emerald I found a shiny Psyduck as my first ever. Weird.

Hm, oh! And learning that Ghetsis isn't N's real father.
    Pokemon X Version 3DS Friend Code: 5086-1106-1225
    Friend Safari (X) - Poison - Toxicroak, Ariados, Serviper (it sucks I know)

Currently Require: Dex data for All event legends except Phione.

Finding Latios in Black 2. I figured it would be like every other legend just sitting there so I could save and stuff.
    In Fearful Day, In Raging Night, with strong hearts full, our souls ignite. When all seems lost in the War of Light look to the stars--For HOPE BURNS BRIGHT!

I don't care about my pokemon other than their battling potential. If they aren't good at battling, I'm not going to use them. If I have to spend time getting my pokemon to be perfect, so be it. I'll battle your pokemon that are "raised with love" anytime, and you know what? I'll probably win.

Encountering a shiny Terrakion in White after only ~15-20 SRs. I wasn't even trying for a shiny; I was just hoping to get one with good IVs. Needless to say, it felt awesome when I caught it.

Friend Safari - Bug with Butterfree/Volbeat/Vivillon - PM me for my FC!
        Spoiler:- Shiny hunting stuff:

In Pokemon White, just exploring and some guy is giving out a Level 10 Panpour. Level 10? Thank you, do you happen to have HM Surf with you too?
    Y Friend Code- 0963 0809 4818
    White Friend Code- 4212 6081 3168
    Platinum Friend Code- 2195 0514 5267

Male| Calm Nature| (Stealth Rocks)| Female, Mold Breaker| Female, Prankster

Let me see, I had a few...

I was playing Silver one school morning and finding a shiny Ponyta at Mount Silver. I was going to catch it, but the Ponyta fled >_>.

I first found Latios on water in my Ruby version. I was crossing the water on Route 118 and was just about to get on the shore when I decided to turn around for some reason. Cue the random encounter, and my jaw dropping.

I think earlier this year, I was playing SoulSilver, and was training at Mount Silver when I found a shiny Rapidash. I managed to catch it with a sliver of health left, and it's poisoned.

And then I'm training in Victory Road on my Diamond version and I ran into a shiny Onix. My Alakazam uses Hidden Power (Fire-type) on it, but it somehow KO's it the second time even though it didn't do a whole lot of damage the first time. Needless to say, I was dramatic about it.
    Winner of Best Pokémon/Pokémon Fic of 2013 in the Shipping Oscars
    Current Chapter: Chapter Ten - 3/17/14 / Current: Last Chance - 11/3/11 - Chapter 20 progress: 75%
    I survived Pupa.

I just got White 2 yesterday and randomly ran into a female Riolu. Accidentally killed by underestimating the power of my new mighty Patrat.

White 1335 5361 5411
    White 2 3740 7568 0796

Quote Originally Posted by Duranteater View Post
    That moment when you actually hatch a shiny in less than 150 eggs.
    must be nice T_T lol jk congrats

my first shiny came as a shock. but then again I think everyone's was. Mine was.... I forget but some pathetic pokemon and I got mad when (I thought it was awesome) it sucked so it rotted in the box forever.
    another when ur in a battle and you think it's gonna be an easy win and the pokemon ur battling pulls out an unexpected attack thats super effective. dun dun duuuuun.
    and I hate also, when In another battle I think will be fairly easy and I see double team used.... I get a mini heart attack. because whenever I see it.... I know it will be spammed.... over and over and over again

still in the process of plotting out team. want it to be unique and amazing. gardevoir will be included even if she's over used xD and mighteyena cuz they r awesomazing.

send me a friend request please ^_^

Bumping into Thuderus on White, and then I spent a good hour trying to catch it. I caught it, but hell that was hard...

Spoiler:- Some Things:

Finding a shiny Graveler in Crystal after not playing it for 2 years. Thought the sparkles where normal...

Catching 2 shinies within an hour in Heartgold. Golduck and then later Larvitar. Both found in Mt. Silver.

Transferring all shinies to White version (about 6 or 7); later forgetting all of them where on that game and then deleting save file to play the storyline again.

My 3DS FC: 3351-4281-5654. Message me if you want to fight in Smash or something.

Hugh punching a Team Plasma Grunt.

On Ruby, I ran into Latios and amazingly caught it in a PokéBall on the first try. Didn't even have any damage done to it or status.
    Then I turned and went into the grass to try it out in battle, and I encountered a shiny Linoone.
    Best day ever for 12-year-old me.

| my anime list | anime reviews blog | photobucket | soundcloud |
    | ask me anything...no really! | level my sylveon! |
    | latest anime review: .hack//Sign |
    | currently watching: .hack//Tasogare no Udewa Densetsu // 07-Ghost // 11eyes // 2x2=Shinobuden // Inuyasha |

Quote Originally Posted by Savanny View Post
    On Ruby, I ran into Latios and amazingly caught it in a PokéBall on the first try. Didn't even have any damage done to it or status.
    Then I turned and went into the grass to try it out in battle, and I encountered a shiny Linoone.
    Best day ever for 12-year-old me.
    Wow, lucky you. : ) I played Sapphire for years and I could never catch the roaming Latias.

Another unexpected moment for me was when I beat some guy's Mewtwo with a Lanturn. True story.

Friend Safari - Bug with Butterfree/Volbeat/Vivillon - PM me for my FC!
        Spoiler:- Shiny hunting stuff:

Quote Originally Posted by YokoKurama View Post
    Hugh punching a Team Plasma Grunt.
    Right? The little sprite looked so funny when he did that. It was almost like he was kissing the guy. Needless to say, it sure surprised me.

{the rest, I haven't decided on yet or trained far enough.}

Nooooo, General Pokemon forum ruined every little thing of B2W2 for me. That is un-expected.

When Skyla had a Skarmory.

Quote Originally Posted by BritishWeavile View Post
    When Skyla had a Skarmory.
    Well, now I'm prepared for when I get to Skyla.

“May the stars shine down on you.” - tumblr
    - i've claimed zelos wilder and tales of the abyss

Quote Originally Posted by iliekmudkipz View Post
    Well, now I'm prepared for when I get to Skyla.
    Your very welcome.

It was unexpected to find out that you only had one chance to get the Masterball in Ruby.
    even if we don't understand each other, that's not a reason to reject each other. There are two sides to any argument. Is there one point of view that has all the answers? Give it some thought.
    ^ This is the reason why I like arguing. If I come off as standoffish or overly angry in an argument, don't worry. I'm probably having the time of my life. Whether I agree with them or not, the pokemon fandom has a lot of different opinions, and I love how nobody is afraid to share them.

Also I entered the haunted house at midnight last night... Not a good idea... The ghost and the furniture freaked me out!
    I'll put something here...eventually

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast