Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Unexpected Moments in Pokemon

Ash loosing at the Indigo Plateau.
    † I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this into your sig if you are too.†

Quote Originally Posted by YokoKurama View Post
    Hugh punching a Team Plasma Grunt.
    Speaking of which, when that Plasma Grunt hit the other Plasma Grunt, sound effect and all, in that Memory Link scene. Also, the Memory Link with Elesa and Skyla in it. How did that get past the radars?

Quote Originally Posted by Flame Mistress View Post
    Speaking of which, when that Plasma Grunt hit the other Plasma Grunt, sound effect and all, in that Memory Link scene. Also, the Memory Link with Elesa and Skyla in it. How did that get past the radars?
    Wait, was there a love scene with Skyla and Elesa or someone feeling down :0

Quote Originally Posted by Duranteater View Post
    Wait, was there a love scene with Skyla and Elesa or someone feeling down :0
    Elesa was feeling sad, because no one knew her for her. Or something like that.

Sadness coming from one of the hottest gym leaders.

And it was also full of Les Yay subtext. Kind of.

Hugh punching the Plasma Grunt. Unexpected, but a bit humorous.
    Alpha Sapphire

Badges: 0

Hugh actually being a part of the story instead of some random neighbor who stalks you and randomly challenges you to battles, then goes off to rebuild his ego.

The champion in B/W2 taking after Lance and using Pokemon that look vaguely draconic in addition to actual dragon types.

The brainwashing/borderline-child abuse storyline with N and Ghetsis was pretty unexpected.

And then in BW2, never expected N to still call Ghetsis his father.

But in more general terms, that moment when the trainers use Potions or other healing items. It's so random and rare that I never expect it.

Quote Originally Posted by Manna View Post
    But in more general terms, that moment when the trainers use Potions or other healing items. It's so random and rare that I never expect it.
    Even more random is when they actually switch Pokemon. I always get caught off-guard whenever an NPC does that.

I'm not sure if it counts, but when the GTS/Wi-Fi started working all of a sudden after three years of naught. My siblings and I are overjoyed, of course.

Spoiler:- Some Things:

down to last Pokemon on each team, and the odds are against me, then I get a critical hit after the oponent missed his attack.

Quote Originally Posted by Manna View Post
    The brainwashing/borderline-child abuse storyline with N and Ghetsis was pretty unexpected.

And then in BW2, never expected N to still call Ghetsis his father.

Ok, that's it. I'm not gonna log in to serebii forums until I get B2W2 and play it. Every thread I go, people spoil it.

Number of Genwunners = 100
    Number of people accused of being a Genwunner = 100 000 000 000 000 000
    Number of people complaning about Genwunners = 100 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000

I've had a few unexpected. Most involving shinies.

First Emerald file, running around on Rt 19(?), run into a shiny Linoone. I had no clue what a shiny Pokemon was back then. I caught it just cuz I thought it was weird. Still have it. On my white version. And now, every new emerald file I start, I end up with a shiny zigzagoon.
    First HG file, was running through the grass in Rt 36, right before Ecruteak. I thought "Oh I won't run into any Pokemon.", and then BAM. Shiny Pidgey.
    First SS file, going to try and catch a Larvitar at Mt. Silver. Outside, near the Pokemon Center, I run into a shiny Ponyta before I use any repels. Caught it. Use repels until I get where Larvitars are. Repel wears off, run into a Larvitar. Shiny. Two shinies in a row. Happiest moment of my life.
    First White file. Breeding Joltik. I had five eggs in my part. Biking around for them to hatch, not really paying attention when they hatch. Third egg hatches.. I think.. "Huh. I thought its eyes were blue..eh I wasn't paying attention. Maybe I'm wrong." Go into party, it's shiny. Unfortunately it wasn't the nature I wanted. But it was Quirky.. so it more or less worked for me.

Now for non shiny moments:
    Giovanni/Silver relationship. Never saw that coming.
    Cobalion's random appearance in BW2
    BW2 rival's starter came from an egg. Not Bianca.
    Catching Rayquaza in SS and it's Modest nature with perfect Sp Atk.
    "Like an old shirt, sometimes things get rough around the edges. But that doesn't mean you shouldn't keep moving forward, with the sunset to your back, your best friend at your shoulder, and the future one step away." - Thomas Rest

Shinies: *not all from same game*

Real Life Team:

Seeing the intro movie for B/W1. The scene where they put the crown on his head really surprised me.
    3DS FC: 2320 - 6137 - 2703
    Trainer ID: Austin

To complete my Pokedex collection, I need: Genosect, Meloetta, Manaphy, and Phione. If anyone would be willing to trade, I don't have an impressive collection to offer, but I would very much appreciate it! Please PM!

I was exploring the Sinnoh safari zone with the dowsing machine, looking for items. I happened to have a pokemon encounter and -BAM- shiny Marill, the first shiny I'd ever seen (outside of the internet). Fortunately, I was able to catch it. I don't like Marill all that much, but I like its shiny sprite, because it reminds me of mint ice cream.
    I'm looking for a Serperior named Serpedera. It'll be at lvl 98 or above. If you happen to have such a pokemon please PM me.

Pretendeavors (Goals I have that don't really mean anything) Updated 10-04-13

Voltorb Flip, Level 8 Victories: 16
    White Geonet: All countries completed!!! (130), 505 Trade Locations (of 513)
    The Last Ten: Locations
    Arunachel Pradesh, India * Dadra & Nager Hall, India * Formosa, Argentina ()
    Henan, China * Himachal Pradesh, India * Lakshadweep, India
    Lubusz, Poland * Madhya Pradesh, India * Shaanxi, China () * Sikkim, India

Pokeathlon Pokedex: 493/493- COMPLETED!!! (01-05-13)

Quote Originally Posted by Ulicies View Post
    Seeing the intro movie for B/W1. The scene where they put the crown on his head really surprised me.
    And then I saw the opening for B2W2. That rather short and disappointing opening was rather unexpected for me.

In Ruby, I remember looking around Mt. Pyre for a Chimecho to add to the Pokedex and *BOOM* a red Duskull appears!

I was curious as to why it was red and not grey, so I caught it only to realize it was Shiny. And it now holds the dubious honor for my first Shiny.

When I was wandering around at the Power Plant in Pokémon Blue and suddenly I found Zapdos at the end of the facility.
    I wasn't expecting that, specially because the generic bird sprite didn't help at all:

Fortunately I managed to catch it xD I didn't save before the battle.

And then I saw the opening for B2W2. That rather short and disappointing opening was rather unexpected for me.
    I liked the opening for B2W2, specially because of the unique art style they used on it. :|

Pretty much every sudden thing in White 2, mostly because for once I didn't look at the games much before getting it. This includes finding that Team Plasma actually got Kyurem, Cobalion appearing out of nowhere (and Virizion and Terrakion's subsequent appearances), and random wild Pokemon I didn't expect such as Riolu, and finding that Magnemite was in the game.

I didn't expect to find my shiny bulbasaur(now shiny male venusaur), named BUD when I was looking for a female bulba in FR/LG x3

my xat avvie (c) me
    {~Friend Safari : GHOST : Pumpkaboo | Golurk | Lampent~}
    {~Total self-caught shinies: 92~} {~Most recent shiny : shiny Heatran(OR SR)~}
    {~3DS FC : 4012-3813-9306 IGN Emii(Y version/OR version)~}

Join TEF in the Guild section! Click here!

^ This. I thought that awesome anime trailer was supposed to be the opening for B/W2

3DS Friend Code - 4081-6303-6683

My Anime List - updated every now and then

"Harry Potter actor Daniel Radcliffe used to think Justin Bieber was a woman."

Well, this happened to me today actually! The most unexpected thing happened in my White 2 game, after I had defeated Ghetsis. I went back to the pokecenter in Lacunosa town and Nurse Joy suddenly started telling me my pokemon had Pokerus! I naturally flipped a table and panicked since I really, really had not been expecting that but I was happy as could be. I forgot about that little virus...

The only other thing that took me off guard was when I was restarting my HeartGold game, planning on getting Totodile and the Chikorita was shiny. I flipped three tables when that happened...

Quote Originally Posted by Sceptile&Hydreigon View Post
    LOL! That is too funny! XD

Quick off-topic question: What does your Xatu in Emerald know?

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast