Thread: Truth or Ideals??

Default Truth or Ideals??

So what if team plasma some how is introduced in the anime, and our beloved writers must follow the game plot and make Ash one of the legendary heroes, which side will Ash choose Reshiram or Zekrom? Will he battle for the truth or his ideals? Which is more important?

Quote Originally Posted by spikyearedpichu View Post
    So what if team plasma some how is introduced in the anime, and our beloved writers must follow the game plot and make Ash one of the legendary heroes, which side will Ash choose Reshiram or Zekrom? Will he battle for the truth or his ideals? Which is more important?
    I'm sure Ideals is what he would get with Zekrom to aid him

Name: Arugula
    Adopt one yourself! @Pokémon Orphanage

Ash defies all truth and logic obviously he has to go with ideals.

I hope people aren't just saying ideals because of Zekrom and what it did to Pikachu...

I don't know, Ash doesn't strike me as idealist or a truth seeker deep down so it would basically be a coin toss for someone like him.

because wanting to be a pokemon master might be a dream he wants to obtain, but it's not exactly an example of idealism.

This "Legendary hero" plot was already represented in the Victini movie, one with Ash as the hero of truth (w/Reshiram) and in the other as the hero of ideals (w/Zekrom).

I don't think the anime will show this game plot, since the true heros are N and the BW main chareacter.
    IGN: Carlos
    FC: 0903-2783-6541

[CENTER]SIGNATURE SOON...[/COLOR]

I want Iris choosing Zekrom and Trip choosing Reshiram

Nothing but basic. You want to know me more? Ask me everything! I am otaku, fujoshi, love yuri too. Self-proclaimed Trip's queen on Pokemon fandom
    Favorite 2014 Anime characters so far : Haruka/Konoha/Kuroha Kokonose, Rin Matsuoka, Haru Ichinose, Ayato Kirishima, Kaine Seiya, Shoyou Hinata, Izumi Sena, Souji Okita (BakuRock!), Yato, Yuu Sonoda, Nico Yazawa

Actually two things.
    Since the Plasma episodes are "banned" in a way, I don't see Plasma in the anime. Because if Plasma is set to appear they already appeared.
    And other thing is that the "truth vs Ideals" things is difficult to explain to the kids because they include philosophy. The only attempt to explain that is M14 and I think that's barely explained it at all. The anime aren't going to explain the truth vs ideals question unlike the games because:
    -1). The target audience of the anime is sightly lower than the games and includes people of 4,5,6 years-old that don't play the games on general basis.
    -2) In the games, if you don't understand anthing, you pick the button A repeatdly until you have directions where go and/or fight. In the anime it isn't possible.

Quote Originally Posted by fer92 View Post
    Actually two things.
    Since the Plasma episodes are "banned" in a way, I don't see Plasma in the anime. Because if Plasma is set to appear they already appeared.
    And other thing is that the "truth vs Ideals" things is difficult to explain to the kids because they include philosophy. The only attempt to explain that is M14 and I think that's barely explained it at all. The anime aren't going to explain the truth vs ideals question unlike the games because:
    -1). The target audience of the anime is sightly lower than the games and includes people of 4,5,6 years-old that don't play the games on general basis.
    -2) In the games, if you don't understand anthing, you pick the button A repeatdly until you have directions where go and/or fight. In the anime it isn't possible.
    If those kids can understand time and space from the DP then truth or ideals isn't a big deal either. Even renowned Physicists fail to understand the time-space theories and every now and then we get a new theory popping up. When real qualified people can't understand a topic then how do you expect the kids or as the matter of fact GF to get it. They just took a shot in the dark and must've hoped it would work. And if they can do it once they can do it again.

Quote Originally Posted by Sceptile lover View Post
    If those kids can understand time and space from the DP then truth or ideals isn't a big deal either. Even renowned Physicists fail to understand the time-space theories and every now and then we get a new theory popping up. When real qualified people can't understand a topic then how do you expect the kids or as the matter of fact GF to get it. They just took a shot in the dark and must've hoped it would work. And if they can do it once they can do it again.
    I agree. I think "small kids" shouldn't be used as a reason for bad plots. Even in a show for kids one can talk about concepts like morality etc.

Ash would be siding with the truth which is the existing Pokemon world while N believes in an ideal world with no humans and Pokemon.

<--My tumblr
    Quote Originally Posted by EmphaticPikachu
    DRACO NO STOP. DRACO DOWN. DRACO NO FLIRTING WITH ME.
    Quote Originally Posted by Noodlerama

FF.Net profile: Here!!
    \

Quote Originally Posted by Sceptile lover View Post
    Agreed, I don't see it too hard for the writers to explain truth or ideals in a plot and it would certainly be interesting for Ash to choose either or.

Since everybody in anime defies ideals and logic........

I think Ash would go for truth being a Pokemon master....... and with the Pokemon and being loyal to his Pokemon and friends.
    Yeah..... I changed my signature....

Ash would get Reshiram because Japan lurves it.

At least Dento and Iris got face paint
    3DS Friend Code: 1306-5187-6204

This question have been killing me for a while!!! I love Zekrom but in my opinion truth is more important because is always right, and the ideals someone have can be wrong!!
    Last edited by spikyearedpichu; 22nd October 2012 at 4:47 PM.

Zekrom ftw!!! they already have the storyline going.

Plus Reshiram has pubes *shivers*
    Proud claimer of Cyndaquil and Ezio Auditore from Assassin's Creed !!
    Also proud claimer of Assassin's Creed 2 the game!!
    Just became the proud claimer of the Marvel's Agent's of S.H.I.E.L.D. TV show ^_^!!!

Quote Originally Posted by 1rkhachatryan View Post
    Zekrom ftw!!! they already have the storyline going.

Plus Reshiram has pubes *shivers*
    Reshiram doesn't have pubes.... when did you see that?
    Last edited by BurningSociety12345543210; 29th October 2012 at 9:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Thing View Post
    Reshiram doesn't have pubes.... when did you see that?
    Take another look at him lol.
    Proud claimer of Cyndaquil and Ezio Auditore from Assassin's Creed !!
    Also proud claimer of Assassin's Creed 2 the game!!
    Just became the proud claimer of the Marvel's Agent's of S.H.I.E.L.D. TV show ^_^!!!

Then so do beartic......even the female ones

white hair =/= pubes

imo Ash would def go with ideals and fly around on Zekrom shooting thunder lasers and electric balls of madness onto the world of Pokemon, killing all future potential enemies he would have had and forcing the Pokemon League to make him a Pokemon Master or else he would kill them all with Zekrom + Pikachu Fusion Electro Ball...

Wait, what were we talking about again?

Ash has loads of ideals about winning and what truth does he seek? huh? He seeks the ideal of being the best and being strong,so....Ideals for sure!!!!

Always watching. Always waiting. Never truly at peace in a realm of its own.
    Giratina will return....someday.

Default no

Quote Originally Posted by spikyearedpichu View Post
    That wouldn't be following the games, as Ash is not in them.

Probably truth. I can't see him battling for Squeals ideals. (EDIT: sorry, force of habit)