Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: The "Official" UnOfficial Medal Guide (Incomplete)

Quote Originally Posted by pwnswitchclik View Post
    I caught 10 pokemon in the entralink but I didn't get the Sleeping Capture Medal; I evolved 10 pokemon but didn't get the Evolution Tech Medal. Is there something amiss here?
    For the entralink I dunno since I haven't bothered to catch the pokemon in there yet and for the Evolution Tech, have you checked your medal box to see if you already have the medal? You probably lost count and already reached passed the 10th mark I guess..
    Last edited by Specialbeamcanon; 19th December 2012 at 11:35 PM.

If you have the bicycle set to Y, can't you just press Y 500 times and get the medal that way?

Quote Originally Posted by bulbus87 View Post
    If you have the bicycle set to Y, can't you just press Y 500 times and get the medal that way?
    You'd have to press Y 1000 times (once to get on the bicycle and once to get off again) but yes that would work. That's how I did it though I did it after I had beaten the game so I had already ridden the bicycle a lot by then.

Also I tested pal pad medals (First Friend, Broad Friendship, Extensive Friendship, and Global Connection) and you have to actually connect with the person you enter into your pal pad for it to count toward the medal. You can't just enter people's FCs and get the medals.
    Last edited by MasterGohan; 20th December 2012 at 6:18 PM.

Black 2 Friend Code: 4943 4031 8243

My DWF:
    DWF traded to me:

3DS FC: 5343 - 8655 - 7879
    IGN: Kenny

Quote Originally Posted by Specialbeamcanon View Post
    For the entralink I dunno since I haven't bothered to catch the pokemon in there yet and for the Evolution Tech, have you checked your medal box to see if you already have the medal? You probably lost count and already reached passed the 10th mark I guess..
    Just ckecked them both and it turn's out I already had them xP.
    Nickname: Johnny
    3DS Code: 2208 - 6426 - 2784
    Friend Safari - Meditite, Throh and Riolu

Flawless/Near-flawless/normal shinies for trade (RNGed in Gen V, with the exception of Skitty):2x2x 2x 2x

Intended Omega Ruby Team

Just got the "Indulgent Customer" medal. Now need to aim the "Super Rich" one. To get it, do I have to spend about 1,000,000 pokedollars about 9 times if Im correct?

You just need to spend a total of 10 million, which can be kept track of using one of the Join Avenue assistants.

Just got the "Indulgent Customer" medal. Now need to aim the "Super Rich" one. To get it, do I have to spend about 1,000,000 pokedollars about 9 times if Im correct?
    Good luck with this one. Took me weeks of on off play dragging my Garchomp through Black Tower with an Amulet Coin. Had around 500 Full Restores and near max everything else by the time I got the Medal.
    Pokemon Black Version 2
    Friend Code: 1421 4661 1394

Medals: 241/255

Feeling Master
    Easy
    Play Feeling Check a certain number of times.
    Just got this medal!
    It's really easy and I have no idea why none of the official guides outright state it, but you only need to do it 5 times.

Just out of curiosity, for the type champ medals, (fire for example) is it okay to have a pokemon with 2 elements go through the elite 4 (fire/fighting for example) and still obtain the medal?

Quote Originally Posted by bulbus87 View Post
    Just out of curiosity, for the type champ medals, (fire for example) is it okay to have a pokemon with 2 elements go through the elite 4 (fire/fighting for example) and still obtain the medal?
    Yes you can. Many people have confirmed as long as all Party members have a common type you can get this. The flying type has only got 1, arguably two Pokémon that is not dual type. Both of these Pokémon are not available in BW2 in the "wild".
    Writing LJ Twitter Raptr

MikeSharpeWriter.com -Project Elfish Jarate

3DS - 3007 - 8991 - 4413 (VM/PM me to add you)

Quote Originally Posted by Nutter t.KK View Post
    Tower Junior
    Medium
    Reach Area 5 of Black Tower in Black City.

Tower Master
    Hard
    Reach Area 10 of Black Tower in Black City.

Treehollow Junior
    Medium
    Reach Area 5 of White Treehollow in White Forest.

Treehollow Master
    Hard
    Reach area 10 of White Treehollow in White Forest.
    You can't get the medal that’s the opposite color city of your version unless you find someone locally who will give you the key that unlocks the opposite color city in the Unova Link you can switch into. I think you should put this after the last medal I quoted.
    Last edited by Specialbeamcanon; 27th December 2012 at 2:02 PM.

There is a very easy way to do this though it does take about $5,000,000 in start-up money. Just go to any PokeCenter and go to the attendant that sells the usual stuff. Buy as many Full Restores as you can ($3000 each). You should get several hundred. Then sell them all back to him. You will only get half of the price back ($1500 each) but that will still give you $2,500,000. Repeat until you get the medal.

An easy way to get some money quick is to go through the Abysal Ruins and sell all of the relics. I also went around to some of the other maniacs and solld all of my rare bones, big nuggets, ect. for large amounts of money. That coupled with the money that I had already spent just playing through the game gave me enough money to do the buy/sell-back method above. I spent $8,000,000 in just a few minutes this way.

Black 2 Friend Code: 4943 4031 8243

My DWF:
    DWF traded to me:

3DS FC: 5343 - 8655 - 7879
    IGN: Kenny

For The funfest complete medal, does it include all Lv. 4 missions and the special event missions?

No.

Just complete every normal mission once to get the medal.

For those of you who are still trying to get the Rail Enthusiast medal without changing the date on the DS, go to Anville now. 30 December is a date for the Future Train.

My shinies. Just click the links~

~Shiny Banner 1~
    ~Shiny Banner 2~

My shinies are not for trade or cloning.
    Shinies are not listed in order, for example the last shiny on the banner is not always the latest shiny I've obtained.
    Banner 1 made by Light Venusaur, thanks ^_^

Quote Originally Posted by Shine View Post
    1. Apparently the date for diamond dust is different than the one for Snowpoint. It's 31 December and no diamond dust in Icirrus.

2. For those of you who are still trying to get the Rail Enthusiast medal without changing the date on the DS, go to Anville now. 31 December is a date for the Future Train.
    Thanks for the info Shine. Good to know these things before it happens so that you don't have to wait another year for it.
    FL 2013 WINTER VGCs SENIORS TOP 8!!!
    Battle Videos: 76-46243-30729

Friend Code: 4124-5357-7452 PM me if you add.
    Safari: Flying
    Pokemon: Pidgey, Woobat, ?

2013 Winter Friendlies
    Win/Loss Streak: 21-15
    Battle Videos: 36-03893-83060 88-74442-00286 52-66455-14677

Pokemon Global Challenge 2013
    Win/Loss Streak: 10-9
    Battle Videos: 14-81671-46200 93-70560-35930

Spoiler:- :

OOPS

I did a major mistake >.<

It's not 31 December, it's 30 December when I typed that >.<

So of course there's no diamond dust in Icirrus.....because it's not 31 December yet. I don't know how did I mistake 30 December for 31 December, to be honest.

Still, it is true that today (30 December) is a date for the Future Train.

Anyway, if I recall correctly, 2 February is also a date for the Future Train, so even if you missed it, you only need to wait for about a month.

My shinies. Just click the links~

~Shiny Banner 1~
    ~Shiny Banner 2~

My shinies are not for trade or cloning.
    Shinies are not listed in order, for example the last shiny on the banner is not always the latest shiny I've obtained.
    Banner 1 made by Light Venusaur, thanks ^_^

Thanks for that Shine, I thought I wrote down all of the time sensitive medals but I must have missed the one for the Future Train. Hopefully I'll get Diamond Dust tomorrow .

Quote Originally Posted by Shine View Post
    For those of you who are still trying to get the Rail Enthusiast medal without changing the date on the DS, go to Anville now. 30 December is a date for the Future Train.
    THANK GOODNESS. I was about to give up on the medal until I saw your post. Thanks
    For anyone who is aiming for the link battle medals, if you own 2 DS'es and Gen 5 games, use your C-Gear and do many infrared battles, but keep forfeiting to save time.

@Shine - I was just about to post this. Last night (about 12am), I went to Anville Town for the weekend item trades and was surprised to see an interesting looking blue train. Yeah, it's definitely the 30th December on mine.

In other medal-related news, I am just two away from getting the 100 passerbys. I am one fan away from obtaining the musical fans one.
    L i f e . i s . b e a u t i f u l ,
    b u t . y o u . d o n ' t . h a v e . a . c l u e .

Quote Originally Posted by Meowth City View Post
    @Shine - I was just about to post this. Last night (about 12am), I went to Anville Town for the weekend item trades and was surprised to see an interesting looking blue train. Yeah, it's definitely the 30th December on mine.

In other medal-related news, I am just two away from getting the 100 passerbys. I am one fan away from obtaining the musical fans one.
    How in god's name do you get that much? Is it because you live in the city and go out often or are you using some type of farming method?

2013 Winter Friendlies

Quote Originally Posted by Kanethedragon View Post
    How in god's name do you get that much? Is it because you live in the city and go out often or are you using some type of farming method?
    If you are referring to passers by: Multiple games, multiple systems.. Just power on both (or as many games + systems as you can get hold of), tap the C-Gear when it recognizes the other player(s), after the counter goes up, save and reset the system of the game you’re trying to get the medal with. Takes forever, but better than waiting a couple decades to get it naturally.

Quote Originally Posted by Lil' Soul View Post
    If you are referring to passers by: Multiple games, multiple systems.. Just power on both (or as many games + systems as you can get hold of), tap the C-Gear when it recognizes the other player(s), after the counter goes up, save and reset the system of the game you’re trying to get the medal with. Takes forever, but better than waiting a couple decades to get it naturally.
    Hmm, touche'. Thanks for telling me.

2013 Winter Friendlies

Does anyone know what the best Funfest mission for points is?

So far I've considered ways to manipulate the amount of points you can get but haven't tried them. The first is an Egg trick where you get your egg hatching down to 1 step, have loads of eggs in your PC ready to hatch and then hatch them in the Egg hatching Funfest mission. However, supposing you had enough people to get the 1,000 point medal it doesn't seem amazingly feasible. I worked out that with the Egg hatching animation, a single egg would take around 18-25 seconds. You get 10 minutes for the mission which means between 20-25 eggs if you're lucky...though that it for a single person.

I'm not sure what the best method would be for 1,000 points but I'm trying to consider what the best way is so that the amount of people needed could then be determined.

Thanks .

Quote Originally Posted by Kanethedragon View Post
    XD Yes, I do live in the city and go out often, but that's not how I did it.

Lil' Soul is correct. I own multiple systems and games, so I just turn on the C-Gear on each of them. Bare in mind, I only do this every time I actually play the game, so it adds up in the end without becoming too tedious. Speaking of which, I finally got 100 passerbys today. I'm gonna keep on going for 1000. Oh boy xD
    L i f e . i s . b e a u t i f u l ,
    b u t . y o u . d o n ' t . h a v e . a . c l u e .

Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast