Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: The "Official" UnOfficial Medal Guide (Incomplete)

Quote Originally Posted by Meowth City View Post
    XD Yes, I do live in the city and go out often, but that's not how I did it.

Lil' Soul is correct. I own multiple systems and games, so I just turn on the C-Gear on each of them. Bare in mind, I only do this every time I actually play the game, so it adds up in the end without becoming too tedious. Speaking of which, I finally got 100 passerbys today. I'm gonna keep on going for 1000. Oh boy xD
    Yeah, sucks how that's the least tedious to go through things. I too own multiple consoles and games but I'm kinda lazy when it comes to some things, and grinding for more than 24 hours collectively unless on a JRPG that requires a ton of grinding is one of the things I procrastinate on.
    FL 2013 WINTER VGCs SENIORS TOP 8!!!

Friend Code: 4124-5357-7452 PM me if you add.
    Safari: Flying
    Pokemon: Pidgey, Woobat, Tropius

2013 Winter Friendlies
    Win/Loss Streak: 21-15

Pokemon Global Challenge 2013
    Win/Loss Streak: 10-9

Spoiler:- :

Diamond Dust available December 31st for anyone who's wondering (or at least when I got it).

Also, watch out for the "future" train in Anville to get the Rail Enthusiast Medal. (it's new)

-James

Quote Originally Posted by kaibachaoschampion View Post
    Does anyone know what the best Funfest mission for points is?

So far I've considered ways to manipulate the amount of points you can get but haven't tried them. The first is an Egg trick where you get your egg hatching down to 1 step, have loads of eggs in your PC ready to hatch and then hatch them in the Egg hatching Funfest mission. However, supposing you had enough people to get the 1,000 point medal it doesn't seem amazingly feasible. I worked out that with the Egg hatching animation, a single egg would take around 18-25 seconds. You get 10 minutes for the mission which means between 20-25 eggs if you're lucky...though that it for a single person.

I'm not sure what the best method would be for 1,000 points but I'm trying to consider what the best way is so that the amount of people needed could then be determined.

Thanks .
    The best one I’ve run across so far, that I’ve actually been able to duplicate, is a set path run on Find Lost Items Lv. 3. I don’t know who to give credit to, but this is not my discovery.

Before going to the Entralink, step onto the Driftveil Drawbridge from the Driftveil side. Then warp to the Entralink and start Find Lost Items Lv. 3. Start riding east across the bridge and continue to Nimbasa, searching the Ferris Wheel/Gym area as well. Then go south through Join Avenue and continue into Castelia City. When you finish getting the items in the circular area with the old man and the fountain, take the easternmost path toward the Poke Center, because that road has the most items. Then if you still have time, ride the length of that curved road where the Poke Center is.

The bridge, Ferris Wheel/Gym area of Nimbasa, circular area with the fountain in Castelia, that easternmost road in Castelia (where the GF office is), and the curved path in front of the Castelia Poke Center all generally have lots of items. On my first few runs, I was collecting between 28 and 31 items. But after a while, I started to just skip a few items that would take a while to backtrack to, and discovered more efficient ways to traverse the path, and now I usually get between 32 and 36. Now, those numbers are nowhere near high enough for you to break 1000 without a busload of cats playing with you on the same mission, but it does have a cool benefit... After every two runs, your tree gains a level.

I’ve seen lots of claims from people stating that they got wayy higher points on this or that mission... But I think they were lying their tails off, cause I was never able to come close to duplicating those numbers. But it would be great to find even better ways to get points that is easy to do like this one.

Quote Originally Posted by Lil' Soul View Post
    The best one I’ve run across so far, that I’ve actually been able to duplicate, is a set path run on Find Lost Items Lv. 3. I don’t know who to give credit to, but this is not my discovery.

Before going to the Entralink, step onto the Driftveil Drawbridge from the Driftveil side. Then warp to the Entralink and start Find Lost Items Lv. 3. Start riding east across the bridge and continue to Nimbasa, searching the Ferris Wheel/Gym area as well. Then go south through Join Avenue and continue into Castelia City. When you finish getting the items in the circular area with the old man and the fountain, take the easternmost path toward the Poke Center, because that road has the most items. Then if you still have time, ride the length of that curved road where the Poke Center is.

The bridge, Ferris Wheel/Gym area of Nimbasa, circular area with the fountain in Castelia, that easternmost road in Castelia (where the GF office is), and the curved path in front of the Castelia Poke Center all generally have lots of items. On my first few runs, I was collecting between 28 and 31 items. But after a while, I started to just skip a few items that would take a while to backtrack to, and discovered more efficient ways to traverse the path, and now I usually get between 32 and 36. Now, those numbers are nowhere near high enough for you to break 1000 without a busload of cats playing with you on the same mission, but it does have a cool benefit... After every two runs, your tree gains a level.

I’ve seen lots of claims from people stating that they got wayy higher points on this or that mission... But I think they were lying their tails off, cause I was never able to come close to duplicating those numbers. But it would be great to find even better ways to get points that is easy to do like this one.
    Thanks, I'll give this a go. Does this include battling the trainer on Route 4, or is there a way to avoid that?

Thanks, I'll give this a go. Does this include battling the trainer on Route 4, or is there a way to avoid that?
    As long as you pass as far to the left side of that road as possible, she won't engage you. Line up your bike one square to the right of the light poles/purple shaded sidewalk on the left side of the road, while you are traveling south, and you'll never get bothered. But make sure to glance at that little area behind and below her before you go into the passage, sometimes there will be one or two shiny spots there.

EDIT: Ha.. Well, the above works on Black 2.. haven't tried it on White 2, but there is a similar way around that Breeder on W2 as well..
    Last edited by Lil' Soul; 31st December 2012 at 7:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lil' Soul View Post
    As long as you pass as far to the left side of that road as possible, she won't engage you. Line up your bike one square to the right of the light poles/purple shaded sidewalk on the left side of the road, while you are traveling south, and you'll never get bothered. But make sure to glance at that little area behind and below her before you go into the passage, sometimes there will be one or two shiny spots there.

EDIT: Ha.. Well, the above works on Black 2.. haven't tried it on White 2, but there is a similar way around that Breeder on W2 as well..
    Oh, oops. Guess I was always at least one space closer than that. Thanks

Edit: 32 on my Level 2 run and 36, first time on Level 3, that's a good start. It looks like between around 28 and 36 people will be needed for 1,000 points. I'll say at least 30 since that's what is needed for the other medal. Thanks .

Now to go and think...
    Last edited by kaibachaoschampion; 31st December 2012 at 8:42 PM.

Edit: 32 on my Level 2 run and 36, first time on Level 3, that's a good start. It looks like between around 28 and 36 people will be needed for 1,000 points. I'll say at least 30 since that's what is needed for the other medal. Thanks .
    Wow! That is really good for just starting out. Ha.. You’ll break my record of 38 in no time. I’ve only got it a handful of times, and only when there is a mass of items right along the path I’m taking without having to deviate. Most of the time I get between 32 and 36. I only drop below that when I get unlucky on the bridge and run into a ducklett when passing over one of those shadows.

I think I might get better at controlling the bike if I held the DS in my hands and used my thumb on the D-Pad... I spazz out too often with the DS sitting on the desk and controlling the bike with the first two fingers of my left hand. Ha.. I hate when I keep overshooting the damn shiny spot by one square in all directions.

I wonder if a reliable way can be found to consistently break 40 on that mission..

On another note, there might be some helpful threads on funfest missions at GameFAQs... Maybe.

I've gotten 41 points at the most by following a somewhat different route where I start in Castelia City, fly to Nuvema Town, head north to the next town, then fly to Nimbasa City and get as many items there as I can before time runs out.
    Black 2 FC: 3654-8394-0937

3DS FC: 4511-1815-7291 (Spearow, Swanna, Doduo)

Ok, I maybe wrong, but I'm think I got the Diamond Dust medal at Virbank city the 12/31
    Friend Safari
    Type: Poison
    Pokémon: Venomoth, Gloom, Drapion
    FC: 3969-5407-3750
    If you add me, please PM me so I can add you back

What is the best way to get the Regular Customer medal? I've revisited pokemarts all over Unova and still can't get the medal.

Quote Originally Posted by bulbus87 View Post
    What is the best way to get the Regular Customer medal? I've revisited pokemarts all over Unova and still can't get the medal.
    Try buying something in a Mart, then leave the Pokécenter, then return to the same Pokécenter you just came from, then revisit the mart and buy something. You should consult the same clerk both times.
    Friend Code for Friend Safari Only: 4570-8062-8681

Quote Originally Posted by bulbus87 View Post
    Hmm, this can go hand in hand when trying to stock up on pokeballs. Easiest way would probably be the league mart as that has most of the specialty balls and the regular side has your standard balls. I usually have them all set to 150 of each and I keep going back there once any of the numbers goes under 150.
    FL 2013 WINTER VGCs SENIORS TOP 8!!!

Friend Code: 4124-5357-7452 PM me if you add.
    Safari: Flying
    Pokemon: Pidgey, Woobat, Tropius

2013 Winter Friendlies
    Win/Loss Streak: 21-15

Pokemon Global Challenge 2013
    Win/Loss Streak: 10-9

Spoiler:- :

Minigame Fan
    Easy
    Play minigames on the Xtransceiver 10 times or more.

Minigame Buff
    Medium
    Play minigames on the Xtransceiver 30 times or more.

Minigame Expert
    Hard
    Play minigames on the Xtransceiver 50 times or more.

Best Minigamer
    Very Hard
    Play minigames on the Xtransceiver 100 times or more.

Balloon Rookie
    Easy
    Reach a total of 50 points in minigames on the Xtransceiver.

Balloon Technician
    Medium
    Reach a total of 200 points in minigames on the Xtransceiver.

Balloon Expert
    Hard
    Reach a total of 500 points in minigames on the Xtransceiver.

Balloon Conquerer
    Very Hard
    Reach a total of 1,000 points in minigames on the Xtransceiver.

You’ll need to find another player of Black2 or White2 in local wireless range to complete this.

Getting 1,000 points in minigames is easy. I played with my copies of Black 2 and White 2 on my DS and 3DS and got 1,000 points in about 25 minutes. I was scoring 80-98 points per game. It took me 11 games to reach 1,000 points. So I played the minigames for (as I said) about 25 minutes and got 5 of the minigame medals. I would change the difficulty level on those medals to Easy (even for the 1,000 point medal).
    ;235

I tried to get the Xtransceiver minigame medals but I have Problems to build up a connection. I use a white 2 and a black 2 version on a DS lite and a 3DS.
    I registered both friedcodes in the pal pads of both games. I clicked on wireless and on XTRANSCEIVER on my 3DS with white 2, but it can't find anything.
    Just "searching for your friends.." the entire time. Is it imposible to play minigames in local wireless with a Ds lite?

I just wanted to add that if you're farming for the Heavy Traffic (or 100 Passerby) medal on only one game (for example if you had a copy of Black and a copy of Black2), then you don't even have to shut off both DSes to get the count up. You can just leave a DS with say Black version on and just constantly reset/check the Tag Log/save the DS with Black2 and the count will go up. I'd imagine this would go even faster if someone had 2-3+ DSes left open in addition to the one they're farming on, but I don't have enough systems to test it by myself. In a couple hours of watching TV while doing this, I got from 18 Passerbys to 152 of them.
    Black 2 FC: 3225 3394 4993
    Black FC: 3181 5425 7248
    White FC: 3782 9399 3303

Current Super Single Train team:
    Highest win streak: 49
    Current Super Doubles Train team: DW DW
    Highest win streak: 42

Quote Originally Posted by Pokemonspecialgerman View Post
    Is it imposible to play minigames in local wireless with a Ds lite?
    Yep, thats how I got mine.
    - register friend code on both games
    - open Xtranceiver on 'one' of the games to find a friend
    - found a friend and click on it
    - open Xtranceiver on the other DS
    - Select mini-game from the main/lead DS

Oh, make sure you have the wifi button turned on on the DS
    Last edited by Bathrezz; 7th January 2013 at 2:15 AM.
    Pokemon White 2_Hours: 714_Medals: 247/255_National Catcher 647/649 Missing Manaphy, Shaymin
    Pokemon X_Shiny_Octillery_Alomomola_Clawitzer x2_Goldeen_Luvdisc_Quilfish x4_Magicarp_Gyrados

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowDragon136 View Post
    I just wanted to add that if you're farming for the Heavy Traffic (or 100 Passerby) medal on only one game (for example if you had a copy of Black and a copy of Black2), then you don't even have to shut off both DSes to get the count up. You can just leave a DS with say Black version on and just constantly reset/check the Tag Log/save the DS with Black2 and the count will go up. I'd imagine this would go even faster if someone had 2-3+ DSes left open in addition to the one they're farming on, but I don't have enough systems to test it by myself. In a couple hours of watching TV while doing this, I got from 18 Passerbys to 152 of them.
    Yup, went down to my brothers with two DS's and told him to get his two DS's and White, White 2 versions out so I could spam passerby's, deffo easier than trying to pass by 1000 different people lol
    Pokemon Black Version 2
    Friend Code: 1421 4661 1394

Medals: 241/255

I just did a second playthrough of the Black Tower and, fighting ever single trainer on all 10 levels, there were 339 trainers in the entire tower, with 73 in level 10 alone. That number probably fluctuates a bit but that mean's that 3 full playthroughs will net you over a thousand victories in the Black Tower (or White Tree Hallow). I'm planning on replaying level 10 until I get my 1000 wins. Its also a great place to level up pokemon and make money since each trainer has 2 level 75 pokemon and usually gives about $3000 upon losing to you. The boss trainer gives $35,000 and there are random rich trainers scattered about but if you beat every trainer on level 10 that's at least a quarter of a million dollars for beating level 10 alone.
    3DS FC: 5343 - 8655 - 7879
    IGN: Kenny

Credit: Azulart for the gym badges

Well, I finally got ten fans to gather outside after a musical (and I didn't miscount), but I still can't get Mr. Medal to show up with the medal for doing this task. I've done 101 musicals so far... so I'm guessing there are other requirements for it.

♥ Giving away ORAS demo codes.
    PM me for one (Europe only) ♥

Quote Originally Posted by Meowth City View Post
    Well, I finally got ten fans to gather outside after a musical (and I didn't miscount), but I still can't get Mr. Medal to show up with the medal for doing this task. I've done 101 musicals so far... so I'm guessing there are other requirements for it.
    You might be having the same problem I had. When I got ten fans and didn't get the Medal I was fuming but then I double checked and it turned out I was counting one of the NPC's whose always there both before and after a performance. Did a few more musicals and eventually the TRUE tenth fan showed up. Hope that helps.
    Pokemon Black Version 2
    Friend Code: 1421 4661 1394

Medals: 241/255

Quote Originally Posted by MasterGohan View Post
    I just did a second playthrough of the Black Tower and, fighting ever single trainer on all 10 levels, there were 339 trainers in the entire tower, with 73 in level 10 alone. That number probably fluctuates a bit but that mean's that 3 full playthroughs will net you over a thousand victories in the Black Tower (or White Tree Hallow). I'm planning on replaying level 10 until I get my 1000 wins. Its also a great place to level up pokemon and make money since each trainer has 2 level 75 pokemon and usually gives about $3000 upon losing to you. The boss trainer gives $35,000 and there are random rich trainers scattered about but if you beat every trainer on level 10 that's at least a quarter of a million dollars for beating level 10 alone.
    I'm personally taking this medal the slow way by clearing Area 10 only when I need to level up a newly EV trained Pokemon to 10.

I generally end up fighting about 8 Pokemon breeders and five normal trainers before clearing it.

Quote Originally Posted by judgemick View Post
    You might be having the same problem I had. When I got ten fans and didn't get the Medal I was fuming but then I double checked and it turned out I was counting one of the NPC's whose always there both before and after a performance. Did a few more musicals and eventually the TRUE tenth fan showed up. Hope that helps.
    Oh, I didn't realise that. Yes, that's exactly what I did. Thanks for letting me know.

♥ Giving away ORAS demo codes.
    PM me for one (Europe only) ♥

I'm kinda disappointed that there are a lot of medals I can't get since I only have a single copy of the game and a single DS. Darn multiplayer medals...

I am going to go for the type-expert PWT medals though. Has anyone succeeded at this yet?

Credit to Sworn Metalhead for the banner

Some people have reportedly gotten them all, but I'm guessing they probably transferred over all of their Pokemon from B/W to do it.

I'm breeding all of the Pokemon I plan to use for it from scratch, and boy, is it taking a long time (Only have the Dragon and Dark type tournaments finished).

Quote Originally Posted by General Nonsense View Post
    I'm kinda disappointed that there are a lot of medals I can't get since I only have a single copy of the game and a single DS. Darn multiplayer medals...

I am going to go for the type-expert PWT medals though. Has anyone succeeded at this yet?
    I have succeeded at the Type-Expert PWT medal but it was tough. To be honest, the grass tournament was the hardest for me. It took me over a dozen tries to beat the grass one though the rest of them took only one or two tries. They are fun though. Getting all of the PWT medals should get you very close to the 100 BP medal as well.
    3DS FC: 5343 - 8655 - 7879
    IGN: Kenny

Credit: Azulart for the gym badges

Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast