Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415 LastLast

Thread: The "Official" UnOfficial Medal Guide (Incomplete)

Has anyone tried The One and Only medal with Arceus? If so what happens if you change its type during the challenge? Is the type medal you get whatever type Arceus was when you go to the Hall of Fame, or don't you get one at all?
    3DS FC: 3652-1911-7158

Friend Safari: Psychic

Drowzee/Espurr/Xatu

I'm finally approaching Heavy Traffic. I've just been keeping a second game on while dealing with my Join Ave visitors, and SRing to check for chains gets me another passerby.

Regarding the type expert medal, I've done about 1/2 of them and it seems to vary a lot. For some, I just took a playthrough pokemon and some others and got it after 2 or 3 tries. Others, the normal one, for example, I had to change pokemon a bit and add EVs (not that planned out, just used my Bistros). My advice would be to give the simpler way a shot, and if it doesn't work, then add some EVs, but don't go too crazy with the planning, unless you really want to.
    Quote Originally Posted by pattyntje View Post
    I've received my 10 followers medal after 135 musicals (very proud and relieved that I never have to do a musical ever again).
    Does the number of wins matter? I first heard it took 150 musicals, and it looks like you and some others have taken ~130, but it took 195 for me. Like you, I wanted to end it ASAP, so having to go so far beyond what I thought it was going to take was frustrating.
    I'm looking for a Serperior named Serpedera. It'll be at lvl 98 or above. If you happen to have such a pokemon please PM me.

Pretendeavors (Goals I have that don't really mean anything) Updated 10-04-13

Voltorb Flip, Level 8 Victories: 16
    White Geonet: All countries completed!!! (130), 505 Trade Locations (of 513)
    The Last Ten: Locations
    Arunachel Pradesh, India * Dadra & Nager Hall, India * Formosa, Argentina ()
    Henan, China * Himachal Pradesh, India * Lakshadweep, India
    Lubusz, Poland * Madhya Pradesh, India * Shaanxi, China () * Sikkim, India

Pokeathlon Pokedex: 493/493- COMPLETED!!! (01-05-13)

Does the number of wins matter? I first heard it took 150 musicals, and it looks like you and some others have taken ~130, but it took 195 for me. Like you, I wanted to end it ASAP, so having to go so far beyond what I thought it was going to take was frustrating.
    I think it does. It's the only thing that appears to be the cause of getting your 10 followers either quickly or slowly.
    "Illusion is the only true reality" -JudgeOfWings
    Pokémon Black 2
    Play time: 525 hours+
    Pokémon seen: 649
    Pokémon obtained: 649
    Medals: 220 (Favourite: Jotho's mightiest; Most fun: Type Expert; Most boring: 10 followers)
    FC: 0820-1901-5337

Mmh sorry to ask one more time...
    I didn't understand when you can have the Diamond Dust medal. It's 30.12 & 31.12? Is there an other date?
    And when I searched for this answer, I read that for the train medal, there was a special train that was available at the end of the year and in februar. Is there an other day too?
    Thanks for your answer!
    Thank to wafiazizul and GameMaster0000!
    ありがとう chemistryfreak!
    Danke Girathommy!
    Thanks iqgoldmine for the Ditto!

Quote Originally Posted by Shien View Post
    Mmh sorry to ask one more time...
    I didn't understand when you can have the Diamond Dust medal. It's 30.12 & 31.12? Is there an other date?
    And when I searched for this answer, I read that for the train medal, there was a special train that was available at the end of the year and in februar. Is there an other day too?
    Thanks for your answer!
    The Diamond Dust is in Icirrus City on 31st December. The special train, called the Future Train, appears on 1st February. There's probably also other dates that these are available, but I don't know when they are.

If you wanted to, you could always change the date on your DS to get these medals quicker.

Quote Originally Posted by redsky View Post
    The Diamond Dust is in Icirrus City on 31st December. The special train, called the Future Train, appears on 1st February. There's probably also other dates that these are available, but I don't know when they are.

If you wanted to, you could always change the date on your DS to get these medals quicker.
    I've been told the rare train is also available October 23, but I haven't tried yet. I'll get back to you on that.

Edit: Tried on my White 2. Didn't work... got the regular multi train for Oct 23
    Last edited by Cyberra; 12th August 2013 at 8:54 PM.

Thank you very much for your quick answer!
    Now I can't change the date because I'm trying to have the medals "Deep Sleep Capture" and "Sweet Dreamer".
    But when there will be the maintenance, I'll try to change and have these 2 medals!

Quote Originally Posted by Cyberra View Post
    I've been told the rare train is also available October 23, but I haven't tried yet. I'll get back to you on that.

Edit: Tried on my White 2. Didn't work... got the regular multi train for Oct 23
    Thanks for your try ! Now it is sure that it isn't possible.
    Thank to wafiazizul and GameMaster0000!
    ありがとう chemistryfreak!
    Danke Girathommy!
    Thanks iqgoldmine for the Ditto!

If you unlock White Treehollow in Black 2, can you earn the Treehollow medals for going through it, or are they only for White 2?

Has anyone gotten the 30 funfest medal or the score 1000 one?

Where is the best place to get one of these since obviously it needs to be done IRL. I'm thinking the October VGC regionals if they are close enough perhaps would be a good place or even the 2014 World Champions might be a good place...depending on how many use X&Y. Serebii People, what do you think...if we get 30+ people from Serebii to bring BW2 games, we could finish these medals.

MUSICAL HINTS

I've been doing really well with this combination in STARDOM. I've been getting first place since starting to use it.
    1. sword in hand
    2. rose in hand
    3. red cape
    4. white mask
    5. black bow on ear
    6. top hat on head
    Last edited by Ilane; 1st September 2013 at 12:12 AM.
    Dragonheart Sanctuary (OT: Ilane)
    Trade Shop || Sinnoh || Unova || Kalos

I thought I saw all the memory link memories, but I haven't gotten the Memory Master medal. I've seen Chili/Cyan/Cress, Lenora/Burgh/Clay, Brycen/Alder/Marshall, Drayden/Iris, Skyla/Elesa, N in the Driftveil house, and the breeder in Aspertia. What am I missing?
    Black2 Team:
    X Team: Froakie

Quote Originally Posted by Cyberra View Post
    If you unlock White Treehollow in Black 2, can you earn the Treehollow medals for going through it, or are they only for White 2?
    Yes to the first question. I can attest to that, as I have previously sent over the Key from my White 2 version to Black 2. After doing all the White Treehollow-specific challenges in Black 2, I received the medals just fine.

Quote Originally Posted by echo13 View Post
    I thought I saw all the memory link memories, but I haven't gotten the Memory Master medal. I've seen Chili/Cyan/Cress, Lenora/Burgh/Clay, Brycen/Alder/Marshall, Drayden/Iris, Skyla/Elesa, N in the Driftveil house, and the breeder in Aspertia. What am I missing?
    I am not 100% sure, but I think the last one you need might be the Musical Props one. To get it, simply head inside the Nimbasa Musical Theatre and you will automatically trigger the event. If that still doesn't yield the medal, you might need to battle Bianca and Cheren, who can be found on the way to Nuvema Town and Route 5 respectively.
    Omega Ruby Team and Progress:

Trainer Name: Mayflower

Well, I battled Cheren and Bianca and beat them. Also went into the musical building, but nothing triggered. Do I have to go into the dressing room to trigger it? I already got the prop case a while ago, before I memory linked the game...
    Black2 Team:

^ Since you have already received the Prop Case, you won't be able to trigger the event anymore. In that case, I don't think that was the event you needed at all. My bad.

Hang on, I completely forgot, have you triggered the flashback which shows N releasing his Pokemon in Charestone Cave? I believe you get it by speaking to a breeder(?) in any Pokemon Center. Otherwise, I really don't know what else it could be.
    Omega Ruby Team and Progress:

Trainer Name: Mayflower

Yup, got that one... I really hope I'm not locked out of that just because I did it later in the game...
    Black2 Team:

I'm very sure that getting the Prop Case before triggering the event locks the event out, and thus locking the Memory Master Medal forever.
    The event does involve getting the Prop Case after all. And the main site does say that the requirement for the event is that you have to Memory Link first before entering the Musical Hall for the first time.

I also already have the Prop Case prior to Memory Linking, and I never receive the Memory Master Medal, despite having seen all the other events.

The special train, called the Future Train, appears on 1st February. There's probably also other dates that these are available, but I don't know when they are.
    Future Train also appears on 30th December.

My shinies. Just click the links~

~Shiny Banner 1~
    ~Shiny Banner 2~
    ~Shiny Banner 3~

My shinies are not for trade or cloning.
    Shinies are not listed in order, for example the last shiny on the banner is not always the latest shiny I've obtained.
    Banner 1 made by Light Venusaur, thanks ^_^

Aw, crap. Well I guess it's better knowing than trying forever! And I'm not restarting just for a single medal. Not gonna get them all anyway, since I hate musicals with a passion.
    Black2 Team:

Was messing around with my Japanese Black and figured out how to do the Memory Link thing. I got the Beginning of Memory medal for that, then I was running around having flashbacks and got the Memory Master medal. It helped that I'd avoided the musical hall every time I've been in Nimbasa City, so I never had the prop case.

I'm also using my copy of White 2 and my Japanese Black to "farm" the Heavy Traffic medal. I only recently started this, so I've only tag moded 9 people so far. I did discover that using tag mode on the Japanese game activates a "hatching power S" pass power, and I got the medal for using a pass power for the first time.

Aw, crap. Well I guess it's better knowing than trying forever! And I'm not restarting just for a single medal. Not gonna get them all anyway, since I hate musicals with a passion.
    I'm not sure, I know you won't be able to get the old prop case, but maybe you can make the event happen. Have you tried talking to the owner upstairs?
    Black 2 FC: 2452 3367 9936
    White 2 FC: 3225 9990 2378

Probably, I just ran around the whole building and talked to everyone, and flew over to Opelucid City and checked out the guy that gives you props. He didn't mention it, just gave me a prop.
    Black2 Team:

Probably, I just ran around the whole building and talked to everyone, and flew over to Opelucid City and checked out the guy that gives you props. He didn't mention it, just gave me a prop.
    Has the Black/White version you linked done at least one musical? I think that's a requirement.

Probably not aside from the tutorial one you get forced into! I'm not a big musical fan.
    Black2 Team:

Probably not aside from the tutorial one you get forced into! I'm not a big musical fan.
    That's probably why you don't get the flashback, just do one and then link your games again.

Here in Germany they are currently doing the annual Pokémon Days tour. I'm gonna be at the event in Munich on September 14 and I will host Funfest Missions starting at 1:00 PM.

So if any of you happen to live near Munich, and you still need those Funfest medals, this might be your best chance to get them.

More detailed information (in German) can be found at www.tinyurl.com/pkmnday

EDIT:
    Quote Originally Posted by Nutter t.KK View Post
    Mission Host Lv. 1
    Easy
    Host 10 or more Funfest Missions

Mission Host Lv. 2
    Medium
    Host 50 or more Funfest Missions

Hosting requires a partner to play with.
    I can confirm that you don't need a partner for these.
    Last edited by EddieEddie; 6th September 2013 at 7:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shine View Post
    I'm very sure that getting the Prop Case before triggering the event locks the event out, and thus locking the Memory Master Medal forever.
    The event does involve getting the Prop Case after all. And the main site does say that the requirement for the event is that you have to Memory Link first before entering the Musical Hall for the first time.

I also already have the Prop Case prior to Memory Linking, and I never receive the Memory Master Medal, despite having seen all the other events.
    EDIT: IT IS STILL POSSIBLE TO UNLOCK THIS EVENT EVEN IF YOU ALREADY HAVE THE PROP CASE.

1. Ensure you h ave participated in at least ONE musical in BW1 (the forced one does NOT count)
    2. Re-memory link
    3. Go to musical hall and talk to owner upstairs.
    4. Event is activated.

I just got the memory master medal, so it is possible, to get it AFTER receiving the normal prop case in BW2.

ANSWERS TO CONSTRUCTION QUIZ
    Which place is famous for an old rusty crane truck?
    Virbank City
    Trucks on Route 4 come in three different colors: red, blue, and...what?
    yellow
    Which question is this?
    Third question
    Which Gym has a yellow drill car?
    Driftveil City Gym
    How many bulldozers are there in Twist Mountain?
    Two
    Last edited by Ilane; 7th September 2013 at 4:57 AM.
    Dragonheart Sanctuary (OT: Ilane)
    Trade Shop || Sinnoh || Unova || Kalos

Quote Originally Posted by Ilane View Post
    ANSWERS TO CONSTRUCTION QUIZ
    Which place is famous for an old rusty crane truck?
    Virbank City
    Trucks on Route 4 come in three different colors: red, blue, and...what?
    yellow
    Which question is this?
    Third question
    Which Gym has a yellow drill car?
    Driftveil City Gym
    How many bulldozers are there in Twist Mountain?
    Two
    I know I got about half of those wrong and I still got the medal for it. Maybe you only have to answer to get the medal, even if the answers are wrong? *shrugs*

Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415 LastLast