Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 289101112131415 LastLast

Thread: The "Official" UnOfficial Medal Guide (Incomplete)

You don't have to level up at all to do the PWT. No matter what level your pokemon are at (12, 50, 67, 100) it will automatically level them up or down to level 50. So still no leveling required.

Black 2 Friend Code: 4943 4031 8243

My DWF:
    DWF traded to me:

3DS FC: 5343 - 8655 - 7879
    IGN: Kenny

Can you do all the "Mission Host" medals buy yourself? Or do you need other players to participant the missions you started(which Im having trouble with -__-).

You can get all the hosting medals yourself, you don't need a participant in order to host a mission. I got them all and I haven't had a single participant in any of my 100 hosted funfest missions.

My DWF:
    DWF traded to me:

I'd like to thank MasterGohan for his contribution to the All Type Expert PWT medal.
    After 3wks and 2days of playing everyday almost all day (where possible) I finally picked up my last tournament win to secure myself the, "All Types Champ".

Not a difficult medal but immensely time consuming. For some pokemon i'd spend 1, if not 2 days hatching eggs all day trying to get the best nature and then IV for maximum stat (usually speed). Not to forget hours spent EV training.
    Pokemon White 2_Hours: 714_Medals: 247/255_National Catcher 647/649 Missing Manaphy, Shaymin
    Pokemon X_Shiny_Octillery_Alomomola_Clawitzer x2_Goldeen_Luvdisc_Quilfish x4_Magicarp_Gyrados

Quote Originally Posted by Bathrezz View Post
    I'd like to thank MasterGohan for his contribution to the All Type Expert PWT medal.
    After 3wks and 2days of playing everyday almost all day (where possible) I finally picked up my last tournament win to secure myself the, "All Types Champ".

Not a difficult medal but immensely time consuming. For some pokemon i'd spend 1, if not 2 days hatching eggs all day trying to get the best nature and then IV for maximum stat (usually speed). Not to forget hours spent EV training.
    I'm not sure that you really need EVs and IV breeding. I won the water type tourney with my ingame Jellicent, a not fully trained Gyarados, and a completely untrained Quagsire.

Credit to ~BrightStarVictory~ for the banner

Quote Originally Posted by General Nonsense View Post
    I'm not sure that you really need EVs and IV breeding.
    I also won my first few type experts without EV training and IV breeding but once you try getting all the rest EV training/IV becomes almost mandatory. You may be unsure but I am definitely sure and so is MasterGohan.
    I may have gone the lil bit extra to get the IV's down such as Alert to sounds/Likes to run and it all helped but I still came across some trainers that just had overpowered pokemon.
    Last edited by Bathrezz; 21st February 2013 at 10:14 PM.
    Pokemon White 2_Hours: 714_Medals: 247/255_National Catcher 647/649 Missing Manaphy, Shaymin
    Pokemon X_Shiny_Octillery_Alomomola_Clawitzer x2_Goldeen_Luvdisc_Quilfish x4_Magicarp_Gyrados

I agree. About half of them are fairly easy and may be able to be beaten with untrained pokemon, but the others are tough and the AI is good. I would recommend at least EV training and team planning.

My DWF:
    DWF traded to me:

Ok, it's been a while and I tried messaging Nutter at the beginning of the year but got no answer so I hope I'm not doing anything wrong by asking publicly here. I now have an official event at a large event which *might* make it feasible to obtain the medals if enough people come. I won't say any more than that without permission to post here.

Quote Originally Posted by Nutter t.KK View Post
    Can we NOT arrange meetups in this thread?
    For legal reasons, some events especially ones with little or no info, we won't promote on this forum. Actually, the staff may be required to remove the info from posts.

Yes, I am aware that the FesMission Medals for that one is a pain to do.

Spoiler:- About a Possible "alternative":
    I tried a PM as that is what you said to do here, I'm confident that I meet these requirements now that I am on the main site of said place, can I send you the info? Thanks .

Quote Originally Posted by kaibachaoschampion View Post
    I tried a PM as that is what you said to do here, I'm confident that I meet these requirements now that I am on the main site of said place, can I send you the info? Thanks .
    I've never receive it.
    Writing LJ Twitter Raptr

MikeSharpeWriter.com -Project Elfish Jarate

3DS - 3007 - 8991 - 4413 (VM/PM me to add you)

Quote Originally Posted by Nutter t.KK View Post
    I've never receive it.
    Right, I've sent it again now. No idea what happened there.

Nutter, did you not receive my message again? I've not received a reply, it's still in my "Sent Items", thanks .

I've received my 10 followers medal after 135 musicals (very proud and relieved that I never have to do a musical ever again). A good tip for all of you still hunting this medal is to download the Meloetta musical since it's a piece of cake to win this one. You also get the best comment quite easily if you use 2 props (one when you're in the spotlight and one before curtain closes) in this one. I hope this is helpful.

Yours truly,
    Pattyntje
    "Illusion is the only true reality" -JudgeOfWings
    Pokémon Black 2
    Play time: 525 hours+
    Pokémon seen: 649
    Pokémon obtained: 649
    Medals: 220 (Favourite: Jotho's mightiest; Most fun: Type Expert; Most boring: 10 followers)
    FC: 0820-1901-5337

I noticed that the participants count during a funfest mission doesn't reset if one of the participants turns off their game (However if you turn it on again and join it doesn't count as an extra one). So theoeretically you only need 29 extra copies of black 2/white 2 rather than 29 extra devices. Which seems a little more feasible. (Most people have 2 copies so you would only need half the people, and if you are really desperate you could buy a lot of used copies and then ebay/resell them.)
    Last edited by Viteh; 10th June 2013 at 11:38 PM.
    Black 2 FC: 2452 3367 9936
    White 2 FC: 3225 9990 2378

I've performed 142 Musicals, and haven't received the 10 Followers medal. But I have 10 followers. Is that how it worked for everyone else?

The Hint Medal says "Participate in many Musicals and try to get 10 followers!" I'm hoping that means that there are two requirements: 10 followers and a certain amount of participation, and so I've satisfied the first requirement but not the second. My irrational fear is that the game somehow missed the fact that I have ten followers and I'll never get the medal. Also, if I just do MELOETAAA!!! and use the same Props each time (and win each time), will that get me closer to the goal, or does the medal require a certain level of variety, like so many Stardoms, so many Forest Strolls?

Quote Originally Posted by 400Billion View Post
    I've performed 142 Musicals, and haven't received the 10 Followers medal. But I have 10 followers. Is that how it worked for everyone else?

The Hint Medal says "Participate in many Musicals and try to get 10 followers!" I'm hoping that means that there are two requirements: 10 followers and a certain amount of participation, and so I've satisfied the first requirement but not the second. My irrational fear is that the game somehow missed the fact that I have ten followers and I'll never get the medal. Also, if I just do MELOETAAA!!! and use the same Props each time (and win each time), will that get me closer to the goal, or does the medal require a certain level of variety, like so many Stardoms, so many Forest Strolls?
    The medal worked fine with me, and I got that medal straight after 10 followers appeared.

Are you sure that 10 different people appear after a musical that weren't there before the musical? It's quite easy to mistake one of the people that normally stand there as a follower, so it might be worth double checking.

If there are not 10 followers there, then just continue doing more musicals, and try to win each time. As far as I'm aware, it doesn't matter which musical you do, so repeating MELOETAAA!!! should be fine.

If you do have 10 followers, then I don't know why you don't have the medal yet.

Quote Originally Posted by redsky View Post
    Are you sure that 10 different people appear after a musical that weren't there before the musical? It's quite easy to mistake one of the people that normally stand there as a follower, so it might be worth double checking.
    Aha, that was it, even though I checked to make sure I wasn't doing just that. Got "eleven" followers after 147 Musicals. The girl a few blocks south of the PC can really blend in.

Finally got 10 followers after 134 Musicals. I got my 8th at around 65, 9th at around 95. I won 95% of my musicals, 50% time getting the best review and 50% getting the second best.

I mostly did the cool musical, used 2 swords, red cape, red scarf, 2 ribbons, the monocle, and the pirate hat.
    I used one of my props as soon as the musical started, and the other one the second you get the spotlight in the middle of the musical. If you time it correctly you should do an extra twirl and at the end you'll jump right before the curtain comes down.

Finally managed to get the "win all types tournament" medal. Some tips for that one:
    -You don't need properly EV trained/RNG'd pokemon, the regular pokemon you got for your dex are enough. They just need good moves, items and vitamins.
    -The three main items I used were Choice Scarf (great to make up for the lack of Speed EVs), Leftovers for any wall, and Expert belt, since you would obviously teach moves that are effective against the corresponding type.
    -Make sure to have at least one poke with some priority attack, most trainers have at least one pokemon with focus sash.
    -Check Serebii for the berries some pokemon carry, usually they carry one when they have a 4x weakness.
    -The legendary birds work really well for their respective types if you give them fly, roost and leftovers. Most pokemon they go up against have 5 or 10 pp attacks, so between fly and pressure they'll run out of attacks in no time.
    -If you are going for the passerby medals, like every 100 you get the bargain power S (I can't remember if it's at every hundred or every 111, 222 etc). Buy a bunch of proteins, calcium and carbos. Those were enough for most tournaments, no need to EV train your pokemon properly. You can even use the other ones too.
    -Keep trying, sometimes you just need a lucky combination. The first pokemon is always the same as listed on serebii, but the other 2 are random.

I've got some Bad news.. The Days are now Numbered before Global Link stops working, and with that, the ability to 100% Medals also stops.

Assuming that the Info given today holds true, you must have started using Pokémon Global Link before August 20 before you loose access to the Dream World Catching Medals. August 20th is exactly 112 Days before December 10. December 10 is the day that you can no longer tuck in new Pokémon. The extra 12 days are for the extended down time. This info is based on NO more Event Pokémon given out and no changes to the Published plans. However all All dates are given TBDs on them, and they can change.
    Writing LJ Twitter Raptr

For some reason I thought there was a medal for getting a pokemon from another region's game version, like trading for a Japanese or French or German or whatever pokemon. Guess I was wrong about that...
    Regigigas fan

Spoiler:- My Shinies!:

I have claimed Metroplex (TF:FoC) and Darksiders

3DS FC: 2595 - 1763 - 0232

Which medals needs PGL DW? ,
    Only Sweet Dreamer?

Regards,

Quote Originally Posted by PokemonBN2 View Post
    Only Sweet Dreamer?

Regards,
    Yeah, from Dozing Capture up to Sweet Dreamer. That's 4 medals. 1,10,50 and 100.

Quote Originally Posted by PokemonBN2 View Post
    Only Sweet Dreamer?

Regards,
    Yes, that the final medal in the line that you won't be able to get soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Viteh View Post
    Yeah, from Dozing Capture up to Sweet Dreamer. That's 4 medals. 1,10,50 and 100.
    You also loose out on two more, Great Adventurer, since you don't have Sweet Dreamer. Top Medalist since you don't have the rest of them.
    Writing LJ Twitter Raptr

What about the "Good Night" medal? Will a new game be able to get that one?

Quote Originally Posted by Viteh View Post
    What about the "Good Night" medal? Will a new game be able to get that one?
    New Players loose access to that one when PDW shut it's doors to new Players, in October.

That Makes 7. And since "Entertainment Master" Medal requires "Good Night" so we loose the ability to get 8 of them.
    Writing LJ Twitter Raptr

Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 289101112131415 LastLast