Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 4101112131415 LastLast

Thread: The "Official" UnOfficial Medal Guide (Incomplete)

Guys, really dumb question...which battle type counts as a 'link' battle for the link battle medal?

The ones in the pal pad, GTS, PGL, IR?
    Last edited by Ilane; 8th September 2013 at 1:38 AM.
    Dragonheart Sanctuary (OT: Ilane)
    Trade Shop || Sinnoh || Unova || Kalos

All of them.

It worked, thanks Eddie.

Does anyone know how many feeling checks we have to do?

EDIT: NEVERMIND it's 10 feeling checks for the medal.

SPIN TRADE, I believe is 10 times NOT one like stated on SEREBII. I had to complete it multiple times, but luckily was able to link with myself. The Union room is generally empty, so grab two games and go at it.
    Last edited by Ilane; 8th September 2013 at 5:15 AM.

I discovered by accident that just one pass power can count for the Pass Powers set of medals. While figuring out how to use Tag Mode I tagged my Japanese copy of Black, and it activated a "Hatching Power S" pass power. I was using it repeatedly to hatch eggs today and got the medal for using 10 or more pass powers even though I was just using the same power over and over. I guess it works the same way as farming the Heavy Traffic medal.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyberra View Post
    I discovered by accident that just one pass power can count for the Pass Powers set of medals. While figuring out how to use Tag Mode I tagged my Japanese copy of Black, and it activated a "Hatching Power S" pass power. I was using it repeatedly to hatch eggs today and got the medal for using 10 or more pass powers even though I was just using the same power over and over. I guess it works the same way as farming the Heavy Traffic medal.
    Awesome, I plan on using the shard pass power for move tutor. Good to k now there is one for hatching eggs...hopefully will make the hatching medal go quicker. I need the oval charm because it sucks to find eggs.

Just checking in to inform you guys that we got the 30 People and 1000 Points medals at the Pokémon Day event in Munich. We were 49 people and reached over 1130 points.

Some things that might be useful: Once the mission starts, not everyone can join in immediately, so you can't expect everyone to get 33 points. Also, to participate, you should remain in the C-Gear's main menu until it says "FUNFEST MISSION!" in the center (If you first enter the menu with the people you passed, it takes longer to register the mission). You should do a lot of preparation. I handed out flyers with a start time (1 pm), a short description of how to join and the best route to get a lot of items. What helped immensely, however, was the host of the event allowing me to get on stage to advertise the event twice. It took many tries but it worked out in the end.

Too bad I have to wait till December 31 to get my last medal...
    Last edited by EddieEddie; 15th September 2013 at 12:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by EddieEddie View Post
    Just checking in to inform you guys that we got the 30 People and 1000 Points medals at the Pokémon Day event in Munich. We were 49 people and reached over 1130 points.

Some things that might be useful: Once the mission starts, not everyone can join in immediately, so you can't expect everyone to get 33 points. Also, to participate, you should remain in the C-Gear's main menu until it says "FUNFEST MISSION!" in the center (If you first enter the menu with the people you passed, it takes longer to register the mission). You should do a lot of preparation. I handed out flyers with a start time (1 pm), a short description of how to join and the best route to get a lot of items. What helped immensely, however, was the host of the event allowing me to get on stage to advertise the event twice. It took many tries but it worked out in the end.

Too bad I have to wait till December 31 to get my last medal...
    Oh that's some great ideas! I'm really trying to figure out a way to do this at the fall regional VGC's. I'm going to try to attend two of them to increase my odds (if I don't get them in the first set). I've already emailed the organizers, and if they aren't planning something, I hope they will let me organize them.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Does anyone know if just entering the battle subway counts or if each time I complete a set of 7 counts? I want these medals but don't want to have to keep saving...when i enter and exit.

Does anyone know which battles count for the 'total battle' medals? Specifically the 2000 battles one?
    Last edited by Ilane; 19th September 2013 at 4:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ilane View Post
    Does anyone know if just entering the battle subway counts or if each time I complete a set of 7 counts? I want these medals but don't want to have to keep saving...when i enter and exit.

Does anyone know which battles count for the 'total battle' medals? Specifically the 2000 battles one?
    The Battle Virtuoso medal? Any battles. I got it through regular gameplay and the Nimbasa sports domes. That was long before I ever link battled. The battle subway medals I don't know about yet.

Oh that's some great ideas! I'm really trying to figure out a way to do this at the fall regional VGC's. I'm going to try to attend two of them to increase my odds (if I don't get them in the first set). I've already emailed the organizers, and if they aren't planning something, I hope they will let me organize them.
    Good luck to you! Even though it isn't easy, getting these medals is definitely possible. Especially at an event like that where almost everybody will have Black2/White2.

I got the medals by repeatedly entering and giving up.

For the Battle Subway medals it counts every time you enter the train. So each set of 7 counts as one since you only entered the train once. The quickest way to get them is to enter and win one battle in the subway (I did the single train) and then retire. It takes a little time but you'll get to 100 before you know it.

As for the total battle medals every battle counts. Even wild pokemon battles count so you'll get it through regular gameplay without too much work.
    FC: 5343 - 8655 - 7879
    Y IGN: Kenny
    αS IGN: Gohan

Credit: Azulart for the gym badges

Does anyone know if the following medals work on clock resets (I plan to do these while DW is under going extended maintenance).

1. Diamond Dust
    2. Musical Birthday Prop
    3. Ferris Wheel NPCs
    4. Anville Trains

Does anyone know when the invisible future train appears? I have been reading that it's a set date.

Does anyone know if the following medals work on clock resets (I plan to do these while DW is under going extended maintenance).

1. Diamond Dust
    2. Musical Birthday Prop
    3. Ferris Wheel NPCs
    4. Anville Trains

Does anyone know when the invisible future train appears? I have been reading that it's a set date.
    1. yes
    2. dunno. haven't tried.
    3. not quite. You HAVE to do the dropped item subquest and continue to call Yancy/Curtis. after 20 calls they will ride the ferris wheel with you and THEN you will get the medal. but for the seasonal NPCs and certain daily trainers, yes
    4. yes

The future train appears on February 1st, and only that date as far as I've been able to tell. It's not invisible, though. The empty platform counts as a train even though that train does not exist yet. There are 10 trains and an empty platform in total.
    Last edited by Cyberra; 30th September 2013 at 9:38 AM.

The train of the future also appears on December 31st 30th (thanks, Shine!), I believe. The same day that the day before Diamond Dust appears in Icirrus. Last New Year's Eve I got the former but not the latter, since I hadn't completed the main story by then.

Oh, and as my signature says, if anyone is still trying to get the medal for 32 friends in the Pal Pad, we can help each other out!
    Last edited by 400Billion; 1st October 2013 at 6:51 AM.
    3DS Friend Code: 3394-3638-4506

Friend Safari: Pyroar, Magmar, Braixen

Spoiler:- BW2 Medal Stuff:

Quote Originally Posted by Cyberra View Post
    2. dunno. haven't tried.
    3. not quite. You HAVE to do the dropped item subquest and continue to call Yancy/Curtis. after 20 calls they will ride the ferris wheel with you and THEN you will get the medal. but for the seasonal NPCs and certain daily trainers, yes

The future train appears on February 1st, and only that date as far as I've been able to tell. It's not invisible, though. The empty platform counts as a train even though that train does not exist yet. There are 10 trains and an empty platform in total.
    Great thank you! I got a bunch of medals this evening. I'm only two away from 200 now.

Quote Originally Posted by 400Billion View Post
    The train of the future also appears on December 31st, I believe. The same day that Diamond Dust appears in Icirrus. Last New Year's Eve I got the former but not the latter, since I hadn't completed the main story by then.

Oh, and as my signature says, if anyone is still trying to get the medal for 32 friends in the Pal Pad, we can help each other out!
    I'm also attempting to get this medal! So anyone who wants to help, I'd appreciate it.

The future train (not the invisible one) appear in Anville on December 30th, not 31st.
    The invisible one is the one where there's no train, it has no set date. The future train is a sleek blue bullet train.

My shinies. Just click the links~

~Shiny Banner 1~
    ~Shiny Banner 2~
    ~Shiny Banner 3~

My shinies are not for trade or cloning.
    Shinies are not listed in order, for example the last shiny on the banner is not always the latest shiny I've obtained.
    Banner 1 made by Light Venusaur, thanks ^_^

Is there any easy way to get the Exp. Millionaire Medal?

I've been using lucky eggs, Pass Powers (level 2), and traded pokemon to get the extra EXP.

I've been using lucky eggs, Pass Powers (level 2), and traded pokemon to get the extra EXP.
    I did it by continuous training in White Treehollow, level 6 or higher, where you can battle the Breeders and their Chansey/Blissey.

My shinies. Just click the links~

~Shiny Banner 1~
    ~Shiny Banner 2~
    ~Shiny Banner 3~

My shinies are not for trade or cloning.
    Shinies are not listed in order, for example the last shiny on the banner is not always the latest shiny I've obtained.
    Banner 1 made by Light Venusaur, thanks ^_^

I did it the "hard way"... spent a day audino-grinding and evolving stuff for my pokedex. Got a newly-hatched lvl 1 Bagon all the way to a fully evolved Salamence, a bunch of Sinnoh starters, and other pokemon, and I got it eventually.

The super rich medal is just spending 10 million pokedollars on anything including dojos and join avenue shops right?

The super rich medal is just spending 10 million pokedollars on anything including dojos and join avenue shops right?
    Beats me. I just buy supplies in bulk (i.e. 99 at a time) when I get low on something. I'm over 3 million pokedollars spent already.

So what's the best route/mission for points? There's an event where I lieve, so I wanna try to get the 1000 points medal.
    Black 2 FC: 2452 3367 9936
    White 2 FC: 3225 9990 2378

Quote Originally Posted by Viteh View Post
    So what's the best route/mission for points? There's an event where I lieve, so I wanna try to get the 1000 points medal.
    I start at PWT to Driftveil City to Nimbaas to Black City (There is a trainer on Route 4 that you need to battle, otherwise I'd say go down and head towards the daycare.

Quote Originally Posted by Viteh View Post
    The best mission is "Find Lost Items!" and my preferred route is as follows:
    -Start in the southwest of Castelia City, in front of the Passerby Analytics HQ.
    -Go east along the street and then north up the street next to the Pokémon Center
    -Go north towards the fountain. Once you have collected all the items scattered around it, Fly to Driftveil City.
    -Go east, over the bridge, to Nimbasa City.
    -Go to the area with the Ferris Wheel and collect all the items there.
    -If you have time left, Fly to Nuvema Town and collect the items there.

For me, time usually runs out in Nimbasa City or Nuvema Town, but I'm playing the German version, which has more textboxes. Players of the English version (or any other language) might still have some time left after being done in Nuvema Town. I hear that Nacrene City has lots of items, too.

Quote Originally Posted by EddieEddie View Post
    The best mission is "Find Lost Items!" and my preferred route is as follows:
    -Start in the southwest of Castelia City, in front of the Passerby Analytics HQ.
    -Go east along the street and then north up the street next to the Pokémon Center
    -Go north towards the fountain. Once you have collected all the items scattered around it, Fly to Driftveil City.
    -Go east, over the bridge, to Nimbasa City.
    -Go to the area with the Ferris Wheel and collect all the items there.
    -If you have time left, Fly to Nuvema Town and collect the items there.

For me, time usually runs out in Nimbasa City or Nuvema Town, but I'm playing the German version, which has more textboxes. Players of the English version (or any other language) might still have some time left after being done in Nuvema Town. I hear that Nacrene City has lots of items, too.
    Thanks! I'll try it out later today to see how many points I can get.
    Black 2 FC: 2452 3367 9936
    White 2 FC: 3225 9990 2378

Looking for hints for the following:

1. PWT Type Champion
    2. Passerby 1000
    3. Boxed Max
    4. Super Rich
    Last edited by Ilane; 17th November 2013 at 1:25 AM.

Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 4101112131415 LastLast