I just thought of something..
Considering that Ash vs. Trip will be divided into two episodes, maybe the Bianca one, will as well.. Meaning November 29th, and whichever date in December.
The December calender has Gigalith on it, while the 29th date shows an Emboar being used. Perhaps Boldore will be Ash's final stand against Bianca, and will evolve to beat her? Kind of the scenario I wanted for Palpitoad, but it can work with Boldore as well.. Both are weak to eachother (Rock > Fire, Fighting > Rock), so it would be an even matchup.
I could see something like Leavanny, Scraggy and Boldore/Gigalith being used:
- Leavanny vs. Escavalier: Esc wins
- Scraggy vs. Escavalier: Scraggs wins.
- Scraggy vs. Minccino: Scraggs wins.
- Scraggy vs. Emboar: Emboar wins.
- Boldore vs. Emboar: Evo-time.
- Gigalith vs. Emboar: Gigalith wins.
Only note is that it would be incredibly akin to vs. Clay..
Of the first 3rd gen pokemon, I can only remember:
- Chandelure with a lot of fire power
- Conkeldurr that can bust the Icedragon up
- Vanilluxe is an icecreamcone that can learn Steel-type moves, so that can work
The only things that won't work are the bird, the pringle, and to an extent the Snake, but that can be debated due to its nature being rehaxed..