Page 51 of 92 FirstFirst ... 4147484950515253545561 ... LastLast
Results 1,251 to 1,275 of 2280

Thread: BWS2-20: League Part 2 [FIRST POST UPDATED 10/29]

  1. #1251
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    8,407

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by thunderblade12 View Post
    Shitty end for a shitty rivalry. This is why I'm losing interest in this show,
    Talk about over reacting. If it was a bad rivalry from the beginning why did you expect the ending any different? Besides Trip can always continue appearing during the filler arc.

    Random : PokéRadar


  2. #1252
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    California, USA
    Posts
    14,657

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KibaLG8 View Post
    Me also.....
    Oh for the love of god, if Bel loses to Stephan, you still get your battle. If she wins, you get a good battle with Ash instead. Either way, it's still good dang.
    Proud claimer of Cyndaquil and Ezio Auditore from Assassin's Creed !!
    Also proud claimer of Assassin's Creed 2 the game!!
    Just became the proud claimer of the Marvel's Agent's of S.H.I.E.L.D. TV show ^_^!!!

  3. #1253
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    ShuuNeki's heartbeat
    Posts
    836

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by _Taidow_ View Post
    Talk about over reacting. If it was a bad rivalry from the beginning why did you expect the ending any different? Besides Trip can always continue appearing during the filler arc.
    I have a hunch that Trip will appear more in filler arc. He has never had full battle with Ash
        Spoiler:

  4. #1254
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    South California
    Posts
    4,923

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 1rkhachatryan View Post
    Oh for the love of god, if Bel loses to Stephan, you still get your battle. If she wins, you get a good battle with Ash instead. Either way, it's still good dang.
    I want him to face both since Bel technically defeated Ash in the Tag Battle, & as for Stephan, they only battled once, which was over 70 episodes.

    And if Her & Stephan do battle, I expect her to win. But my expectations for the Unova League are low, so yeah her & Stephan will probably battle.
    - Claimed:



    -XY, already better than Best Wishes.xD

    Pokemon Y Team:

    Greninja
    Talonflame
    Pikachu
    Venusaur
    Flygon
    Aggron

    3DS FC: 1993-7360-7585

  5. #1255
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    12,799

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KibaLG8 View Post
    I want him to face both since Bel technically defeated Ash in the Tag Battle, & as for Stephan, they only battled once, which was over 70 episodes.

    And if Her & Stephan do battle, I expect her to win. But my expectations for the Unova League are low, so yeah her & Stephan will probably battle.
    The way I see it. I would rather have Ash vs Bianca battle (not that I don't like Stephan, I just prefer Bianca), so if it's going to be Bianca vs Stephan, I have to hope and pray Bianca wins, she's been screwed over by Stephan long enough.

    But quite frankly I have no problem with Ash battling, Trip, Bianca, Stephan, Kotetsu, and Virgil.

    Though hopefully I'd prefer it just be Trip, Bianca, and Kotetsu. Stephan and Virgil can knock each other out of the tournament for all I care.
    Misinterpreting my posts is not your fault, negative repping me, and getting very sensitive about my posts because you misinterpreted my posts however is your fault. Think really hard, before negative repping or making a big deal about my posts. I don't appreciate being negative repped for reasons that are a result of misinterpreting my posts.

  6. #1256
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    New York, NY
    Posts
    1,288

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 1rkhachatryan View Post
    Oh god not you too ....
    I know. It seems like just a few of us don't care for an Ash versus Stephan league battle. They can just battle in the filler for all I care.

    Name: Arugula
    Adopt one yourself! @Pokémon Orphanage


  7. #1257
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    California, USA
    Posts
    14,657

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dman_dustin View Post
    The way I see it. I would rather have Ash vs Bianca battle (not that I don't like Stephan, I just prefer Bianca), so if it's going to be Bianca vs Stephan, I have to hope and pray Bianca wins, she's been screwed over by Stephan long enough.

    But quite frankly I have no problem with Ash battling, Trip, Bianca, Stephan, Kotetsu, and Virgil.

    Though hopefully I'd prefer it just be Trip, Bianca, and Kotetsu. Stephan and Virgil can knock each other out of the tournament for all I care.
    This is pretty much exactly how I feel. Especially on that last part.
    Proud claimer of Cyndaquil and Ezio Auditore from Assassin's Creed !!
    Also proud claimer of Assassin's Creed 2 the game!!
    Just became the proud claimer of the Marvel's Agent's of S.H.I.E.L.D. TV show ^_^!!!

  8. #1258
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    221b Baker Street
    Posts
    11,591

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zya View Post
    um no, it was a double post, I just edited it. Chill.

    Anyways, I really hope this is a 3v3. I wouldn't mind 1v1 the first round but we need 3v3s, 6v6s, double battles, even triple battles.
    So why not just delete it?

    I'm hoping for a 3v3 as well
    Pikachu, Pignite,Snivy
    vs
    Serperior,Conkeldurr,Jellicent

    Quote Originally Posted by wingzx View Post
    o man seeing ash in a league triple battle would be fun to watch.

    If a Triple battle happens, Virgil seems most likely to be Ashs opponent

  9. #1259
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Pallet Town
    Posts
    397

    Default

    I'd rather see Ash battle Stephan than some random CotD.

    I have a feeling that all of Ash's League battles will be against the rivals he's met through BW, so I'm expecting to see him battle Kotetsu, Virgil, Belle, and Stephan. I also have a feeling they will all be 1 vs 1 matches and will lead Ash up to the Elite 4 where he will lose against one of the members and head into the filler arc. I can see his E4 matches being 3 vs 3, I think the writers are finally going to take him to this point and that's the reason why he defeated Trip so early and why it was only a 1 vs 1 match.


  10. #1260
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    ShuuNeki's heartbeat
    Posts
    836

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ★ Mr. Mime ★ View Post
    I'd rather see Ash battle Stephan than some random CotD.

    I have a feeling that all of Ash's League battles will be against the rivals he's met through BW, so I'm expecting to see him battle Kotetsu, Virgil, Belle, and Stephan. I also have a feeling they will all be 1 vs 1 matches and will lead Ash up to the Elite 4 where he will lose against one of the members and head into the filler arc. I can see his E4 matches being 3 vs 3, I think the writers are finally going to take him to this point and that's the reason why he defeated Trip so early and why it was only a 1 vs 1 match.
    Wogh me too, Ash had never battled Stephan seriously before XD
        Spoiler:

  11. #1261
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    1,142

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ★ Mr. Mime ★ View Post
    I'd rather see Ash battle Stephan than some random CotD.

    I have a feeling that all of Ash's League battles will be against the rivals he's met through BW, so I'm expecting to see him battle Kotetsu, Virgil, Belle, and Stephan. I also have a feeling they will all be 1 vs 1 matches and will lead Ash up to the Elite 4 where he will lose against one of the members and head into the filler arc. I can see his E4 matches being 3 vs 3, I think the writers are finally going to take him to this point and that's the reason why he defeated Trip so early and why it was only a 1 vs 1 match.
    I really like this idea. It's different and not the same as the past leagues.

  12. #1262
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Pallet Town
    Posts
    397

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Navarch View Post
    I really like this idea. It's different and not the same as the past leagues.
    I think that's what they're going for this time around.

    Making all the matches up to the E4 1 vs 1 would speed up the process and would also give Ash a higher rank than he had in previous Leagues. So I think that's what the writers are planning on doing and is why they got Trip out of the way so early.


  13. #1263
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    In the Dutch Mountains
    Posts
    8,747

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ★ Mr. Mime ★ View Post
    I think that's what they're going for this time around.

    Making all the matches up to the E4 1 vs 1 would speed up the process and would also give Ash a higher rank than he had in previous Leagues. So I think that's what the writers are planning on doing and is why they got Trip out of the way so early.
    Trip was set out of the way early because his story was pretty much done. Trip was the following:
    - A test for Ash to see where his strength is at, something that Bianca and Cheren did in game for you as well. They did this in the beginning, and now in the league.
    - A storyline that borrowed from the Cheren/Alder-storyline.

    Trip shouldn't be compared to Paul, or even Gary any more, because it is clear that he wasn't meant to be such a rival (it would've been stupid for the writers to use such a hard foil to Ash right after Paul for example.

    I don't see Ash winning this, and I'm not sure if it's confirmed that it is in fact 1 on 1's in the league. The manga can only show so much, hence why they show Serperior vs. Pikachu. Remember the Castelia Gym-manga. It had Sewaddle evolved already before the fight started, and only featured Pikachu beating Leavanny, iirc... Now we know that battle wasn't a 1vs1.
    Answer to all the bad things in the world: Give up on trying to make everything better. Hence, accepting it for what it is. YOLO! <- Click the link and daw.. -.-

  14. #1264
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    ShuuNeki's heartbeat
    Posts
    836

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Locormus View Post
    Trip was set out of the way early because his story was pretty much done. Trip was the following:
    - A test for Ash to see where his strength is at, something that Bianca and Cheren did in game for you as well. They did this in the beginning, and now in the league.
    - A storyline that borrowed from the Cheren/Alder-storyline.

    Trip shouldn't be compared to Paul, or even Gary any more, because it is clear that he wasn't meant to be such a rival (it would've been stupid for the writers to use such a hard foil to Ash right after Paul for example.

    I don't see Ash winning this, and I'm not sure if it's confirmed that it is in fact 1 on 1's in the league. The manga can only show so much, hence why they show Serperior vs. Pikachu. Remember the Castelia Gym-manga. It had Sewaddle evolved already before the fight started, and only featured Pikachu beating Leavanny, iirc... Now we know that battle wasn't a 1vs1.
    I agree with what you said
        Spoiler:

  15. #1265
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Dhaka
    Posts
    1,176

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Locormus View Post
    Trip was set out of the way early because his story was pretty much done. Trip was the following:
    - A test for Ash to see where his strength is at, something that Bianca and Cheren did in game for you as well. They did this in the beginning, and now in the league.
    - A storyline that borrowed from the Cheren/Alder-storyline.

    Trip shouldn't be compared to Paul, or even Gary any more, because it is clear that he wasn't meant to be such a rival (it would've been stupid for the writers to use such a hard foil to Ash right after Paul for example.

    I don't see Ash winning this, and I'm not sure if it's confirmed that it is in fact 1 on 1's in the league. The manga can only show so much, hence why they show Serperior vs. Pikachu. Remember the Castelia Gym-manga. It had Sewaddle evolved already before the fight started, and only featured Pikachu beating Leavanny, iirc... Now we know that battle wasn't a 1vs1.
    If Trip isn't like Paul/Gary then why the hell he got treated like them.
    Why Ash took this long just to beat him once.
    Why didn't he was treated as a rookie who become stronger step by step.

  16. #1266
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    ShuuNeki's heartbeat
    Posts
    836

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by vodor View Post
    If Trip isn't like Paul/Gary then why the hell he got treated like them.
    Why Ash took this long just to beat him once.
    Why didn't he was treated as a rookie who become stronger step by step.
    Because Trip is a prodigy (maybe) ._.
        Spoiler:

  17. #1267
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Dhaka
    Posts
    1,176

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Airi-Chan View Post
    Because Trip is a prodigy (maybe) ._.
    Even Prodigy has problem with experience Trainer like Ash who's beaten trainer with Legendary pokemon.
    Even A Prodigy Protagonist has to struggle against powerful experience trainer !
    The Character who lose as Miserably as Ash to a Prodigy Protagonist remain a weak character entire series .

  18. #1268
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    ShuuNeki's heartbeat
    Posts
    836

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by vodor View Post
    Even Prodigy has problem with experience Trainer like Ash who's beaten trainer with Legendary pokemon.
    Even A Prodigy Protagonist has to struggle against powerful experience trainer !
    The Character who lose as Miserably as Ash to a Prodigy Protagonist remain a weak character entire series .
    The writers write Trip as child prodigy because it's unique to make prodigy rookie rival, Problem?
        Spoiler:

  19. #1269
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Aspertia City
    Posts
    3,474

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Airi-Chan View Post
    The writers write Trip as child prodigy because it's unique to make prodigy rookie rival, Problem?

    To him and everyone who wants Ash to be a badass Carbon copy of Red... Yes.

    I bet, say Ash had his old teams or Latias, people would think Ash is a badass for beating Trip with the following.

  20. #1270
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Dhaka
    Posts
    1,176

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Airi-Chan View Post
    The writers write Trip as child prodigy because it's unique to make prodigy rookie rival, Problem?
    That's not excuse !
    Trip's a rookie first prodigy later.
    If ash can't rookie Prodigy then how will he handle experience one.

  21. #1271
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    New York, NY
    Posts
    1,288

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by vodor View Post
    That's not excuse !
    Trip's a rookie first prodigy later.
    If ash can't rookie Prodigy then how will he handle experience one.
    Well obviously being a great trainer can only bring you so far sometimes when it comes down to your actual pokemon that have a certain amount of experience.


    Quote Originally Posted by AceDetective View Post
    So why not just delete it?

    I'm hoping for a 3v3 as well
    Pikachu, Pignite,Snivy
    vs
    Serperior,Conkeldurr,Jellicent
    ^this

    I can see Pignite taking Conkeldurr - then Ash returns it. Snivy takes down Jellicent, but then falls to Serperior. Pignite falls to Serperior, then Ash wins with Pikachu.

    I don't think this type of scenario has happened this saga in any of the 3 versus 3 battles.
    Last edited by jrizza88; 1st November 2012 at 3:30 PM.

    Name: Arugula
    Adopt one yourself! @Pokémon Orphanage


  22. #1272
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    221b Baker Street
    Posts
    11,591

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jrizza88 View Post
    Well obviously being a great trainer can only bring you so far sometimes when it comes down to your actual pokemon that have a certain amount of experience.




    ^this

    I can see Pignite taking Conkeldurr - then Ash returns it. Snivy takes down Jellicent, but then falls to Serperior. Pignite falls to Serperior, then Ash wins with Pikachu.

    I don't think this type of scenario has happened this saga in any of the 3 versus 3 battles.
    id kinda want Conkeldurr to get a win if used against Ash

  23. #1273
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    St.John's Wood,London,England
    Posts
    132

    Default

    Seriously its not confirmed that its one vs one it could very well be 3v3 with the start on episode 19 and the end in episode 20 you never know

  24. #1274
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    In the Dutch Mountains
    Posts
    8,747

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by vodor View Post
    A. If Trip isn't like Paul/Gary then why the hell he got treated like them.
    B. Why Ash took this long just to beat him once.
    C. Why wasn't he was treated as a rookie who become stronger step by step.
    A. Because he was presented as the main rival by the executives, and we just got off the Paul-high.. We should've known better, at the time, to judge him as a seperate character.
    B. Divided into parts per battle:
    1. Ash needed to lose in order to set up any kind of rivalry at first.
    2. Ash needed to lose to show that Trip didn't luck out. Established that Ash needs to train if he wanted to win anything, proven again when Osh/Tep got KO'd by Lenora as well.
    3. Ash tied with him in their 3rd battle, showing that Ash has learned from the second loss, hence why specifically Oshawott and Tepig were shown beating pokemon.
    4. Their only battle since was the Junior Cup, which Trip had to win for story purposes which had almost nothing to do with Ash really as Trip was looking at Alder the whole time.
    C. Trip lost in the first round of the Don Battle, Donamite, and now in the League as well. Your point being?

    Quote Originally Posted by AceDetective View Post
    id kinda want Conkeldurr to get a win if used against Ash
    I kinda want:
    - Sny vs. Jelli
    - Sny vs. Conk/Chand
    - Osh vs. Conk/Chand
    - Osh vs. Serp
    - Pika vs. Serp

    Conk because Oshawott fought it as a Timburr, so nice throwback to how you don't need to evolve pokemon there. Osh vs. Serp is another one considering they started out at the same time. Chandelure is behind the 'slashy' because his type would make the matchups far more believable.. But believability isn't something that is necessary here.

    Conk would get a win on Snivy
    Answer to all the bad things in the world: Give up on trying to make everything better. Hence, accepting it for what it is. YOLO! <- Click the link and daw.. -.-

  25. #1275
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Ship to Hoenn
    Posts
    46,178

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by destimon pokeruction View Post
    Seriously its not confirmed that its one vs one it could very well be 3v3 with the start on episode 19 and the end in episode 20 you never know
    But didn't we get a comic that showed that the battle was one on one; Ash's Pikachu versus Trip's Serperior? It seemed to show the battle from the very beginning. So unless the comic was edited, I'm going to assume that it's one on one in the first rounds.

Page 51 of 92 FirstFirst ... 4147484950515253545561 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •