Page 23 of 99 FirstFirst ... 131920212223242526273373 ... LastLast

Thread: Unova League General Discussion [READ FIRST POST]

Quote Originally Posted by wingzx View Post
    Well im guessing that the way to evolve riolu is different in the anime then in the game because he looks way to happy not to evolve by now
    Buneary anybody??
    Proud claimer of Cyndaquil and Ezio Auditore from Assassin's Creed !!
    Also proud claimer of Assassin's Creed 2 the game!!
    Just became the proud claimer of the Marvel's Agent's of S.H.I.E.L.D. TV show ^_^!!!

Sources to take note from now on:
    -Newtype: Comes the 10th but it's leaked a few days earlier. Gives information about the episodes until the 10th of next month. Has a short summary and a image of one of the episodes. It's famous before it's the only one that came the 10th and gives the staff information (Animation/Storyboard)
    -Their next Smash episode. It's going to be about the League and this will be featured heavily in this episode with all-new preview from it.
    -The segment at the end of episodes could hold League information in place of the Live Caster.
    -Dengeki. Comes around the 20th and have images of next episodes and a short summary.
    -Famitsu: Comes the 21st with other short summary.
    -TV Guide: Comes around the 23rd and give titles until the end of next month.
    -TV Tokyo official site: This is completely arbitrary of releasing dates.
    -And Hareta? (the magazine with the manga scans) that came around the 28th.
    -The TV Tokyo summary (around 8 days before the episode airs) It's revelant because the summary is longer and we'll have VA information (Warning: we'll found VA with two or more roles at the same time, remember this)
    -And of course, the Next Episode preview and the Smash preview.
    Last edited by Eievui-Nymphia; 5th November 2012 at 8:59 PM.
    I think that Pokemon is beautiful and has its charm

Serebii, Bulbagarden

Note: I decided to not post post that had cause hate to me anymore. If you see one, please PM me and I will delete the moment I'm aware and I'm online.

I need to take a break in the anime forum because these forum bored me.

This is the most I'm hoping for and will probably be shot down as soon as the next episodes are revealed possibly trolling us all again.

BW2-19 League begins, series of 1v1s, ends with Ash vs Trip, Dragon tail hits Pikachu Cliffhanger ending.

BW2-20 Ash wins, Ash vs Bianca 3v3 cont

BW2-21 Ash beats Bianca, everybody gathers around to watch Stephan win his 3v3.

BW2-22 Ash vs Stephan 6v6

BW2-23 Ash wins, Virgil fights in same timeslot as Ash vs Stephan so we see Kotetsu winning his 6v6.

BW2-24 Ash vs Kotetsu 6v6

BW2-25 Ash wins, Ash vs Virgil 6v6 at very end

BW2-26 Ash vs Virgil

BW2-27 Ash vs Virgil concludes, he either loses here or faces off a trollbias/N/interruption whatever

BW2-28 A new adventure!

Quote Originally Posted by 1rkhachatryan View Post
    Buneary anybody??

I wouldn't be surprised if Kotetsu just showed up with Lucario evolved already.

Quote Originally Posted by pokemonsquared View Post
    BW2-19 League begins, series of 1v1s, ends with Ash vs Trip, Dragon tail hits Pikachu Cliffhanger ending.

BW2-27 Ash vs Virgil concludes, he either loses here or faces off a trollbias/N/interruption whatever
    Has a League ever lasted that long before? I think the Hoenn League may have come close, but I hold no hope that the Unova League will be this long. The main battle is being taken care of during the first two episodes apparently, so that leaves like half a dozen episodes for the other battles, which are sure to disappoint given the roster of competitors (Kotetsu, Stephan, etc.). I don't think the writers have it in them to stretch things out either; they no longer have Team Rocket to distract us from the main event.

Quote Originally Posted by The 4th Kira View Post
    Has a League ever lasted that long before? I think the Hoenn League may have come close, but I hold no hope that the Unova League will be this long. The main battle is being taken care of during the first two episodes apparently, so that leaves like half a dozen episodes for the other battles, which are sure to disappoint given the roster of competitors (Kotetsu, Stephan, etc.). I don't think the writers have it in them to stretch things out either; they no longer have Team Rocket to distract us from the main event.
    Well they do have the time for it this time around. Unlike sinnoh where they gave us trollbias to quickly toss Ash out of the league. Since there really isn't much they could do bar an anime exclusive region (I doubt they would have an entire season on the PWT or team plasma), there is the time to spend 9 episodes on the league.

If Don battle Tourney's last 4, I simply thought the league would be double that to 8 episodes. Hopefully we will get nine though. This is assuming though, that there will be two 6 versus 6 battles, so that all of Ash's Pokemon get one battle each for that (Pikachu twice, maybe Pignite being the other one.) The rest will probably be 3 versus 3 matches. With team rocket out the way, 6 versus 6 matches could be just two episodes instead of 3 like in Sinnoh. 1 episode for Trip, 3 episodes for the two 3 versus 3 matches, and then the other four for the 6 versus 6 matches?
    Trip - 1 vs 1
    Bianca/Stephan - 3 vs 3
    Kotetsu / Virgil 6 vs 6

??

Name: Arugula
    Adopt one yourself! @Pokémon Orphanage

Quote Originally Posted by Graham Aker View Post
    I wouldn't be surprised if Kotetsu just showed up with Lucario evolved already.
    oh I hope not. we haven't seen the thing battle so I'd love to see it battle as Riolu before evolving

Yes. Riolu is like... Pikachu! Except it's not, at all..
    I wanted to see him battle Marlon but.. Oh well

Quote Originally Posted by PokemonMasters View Post
    Well in sinnoh league also, ash never battled barry. The same can happen here, not overlooking the fact that kotetsu and barry are similar in nature and both hav fully evolved water type starter!
    Great analogy.. Aside from Ash having fought Barry on multiple occasions, and having a storyline more dedicated to Paul then to Ash, whereas Kotetsu is presented as a mirror image to Ash, yeah.. they do look a like a lot!!! *sarcasm..

Nope, Trip will be losing in the first round. Go cehck the translations in the league threads.
    Nope, preliminaries..

Since Trip isn't going to be Ash's main opponent, like Paul was I guess it would have to be Virgil, Bianca or Kotetsu. Between the two Kotetsu does seem more intimidating...because I can't see an Eevee of all things causing trouble for Ash's team. What can Eevee really do, the others can't?
    Spam Baton Pass and boosting moves.. But that's the only way I can see Virgil beating Ash.

I just hope his battle is interesting, it it was a 6 v 6...seeing him spam weather effects all day would be entertaining.
    Rain Dance should do well with Vaporeon and Jolteon, while Sunny Day does wonders to Flareon and Leafeon. Take a pick, these can still work in a 3v3...

Quote Originally Posted by Haunter227 View Post
    Eh, I think it's because the Eeveelutions have never been showcased all together before. Yeah it may seem random to do it now, but the old Pokemon have been reintroduced and it's better late than never at all, so as long as they've been showcased together for a little while the writers will always be able to say that the Eevelutions had a big role together instead of individually throughout the first three sagas.
    I remember them being showcased together a couple of times:
    - The Battling Eevee Brothers!
    - The Ultimate Test! W/o Eevee
    - Trouble's Brewing! W/o Espeon
    - Espeon Not Included! W/Eevee

Of course, that's before DP, but the Eeveelutions have been showcased all together before. DP featured them quite extensively eitherway.. Can't remember Espeon though..
    - Eevee: Ursula evolved two.
    - Vaporeon: Ursula
    - Jolteon: Volkner
    - Flareon: Ursula
    - Espeon: Caaaaan't remember..
    - Umbreon: Johanna
    - Glaceon: May
    - Leafeon: Zoey

Buneary anybody??
    Nobody..

Well they do have the time for it this time around. Unlike sinnoh where they gave us trollbias to quickly toss Ash out of the league. Since there really isn't much they could do bar an anime exclusive region (I doubt they would have an entire season on the PWT or team plasma), there is the time to spend 9 episodes on the league.
    This.. There's time.. But I don't think they'll take their time for some reason..
    Answer to all the bad things in the world: Give up on trying to make everything better. Hence, accepting it for what it is. YOLO! <- Click the link and daw.. -.-

Quote Originally Posted by Locormus View Post

Rain Dance should do well with Vaporeon and Jolteon, while Sunny Day does wonders to Flareon and Leafeon. Take a pick, these can still work in a 3v3...
    Other than Sandstorm and Hail has Ash actually battled any other weather effects? I know he beat sandstorm by using water gun on the battlefield, and to make it rain. I think he just outlasted hail.

Great analogy.. Aside from Ash having fought Barry on multiple occasions, and having a storyline more dedicated to Paul then to Ash, whereas Kotetsu is presented as a mirror image to Ash, yeah.. they do look a like a lot!!! *sarcasm..

Nope, preliminaries..

Spam Baton Pass and boosting moves.. But that's the only way I can see Virgil beating Ash.

Of course, that's before DP, but the Eeveelutions have been showcased all together before. DP featured them quite extensively eitherway.. Can't remember Espeon though..

Nobody..

This.. There's time.. But I don't think they'll take their time for some reason..
    Ya cuz that's any better -_-.

I bring up Buneary cuz she seemed happy enough and never evolved lol.
    Just became the proud claimer of the Marvel's Agent's of S.H.I.E.L.D. TV show ^_^!!!

Espeon got nothing. Also you forgot to mention Gary also showed Umbreon (pathetically but still shown)

Random : PokéRadar

Eeveelutions aren't shown to be as powerful as some other pokemon coughelectivirefamily because the caliber of trainers that use them are low. I mean espeon was owned by a frontier brain, Jolt was owned by a gym leader, both of whom had to lose to move the plot.WHY NO ENTEI/RAIKOU/LATIOS ANNABEL?! The rest were owned by coordinators so their combat abilities were less than perfect.

Of course if someone like paul got a flareon or something the writers would probably give it 9000 hp and attack and let it rampage through everything because thats just his style. Virgil for one is a league opponent and has no story restrictions which means we can see Eeveelutions being used effectively in combat, possibly pwning ash with their power.

Buneary anybody??
    Pikachu still doesn't like her back.
    Last edited by LizardonX; 7th November 2012 at 10:01 PM.

I personally don't care for Virgil that much and I don't think he will be the one to knock Ash out of the League.

I have a sneaking suspicion that the writers will pull another Trollbias and have an all powerful God-like trainer do the deed. I just can't imagine Ash getting beaten by a guy with a team of Eevee evolutions, I just can't...

Eeveelutions aren't shown to be as powerful as some other pokemon coughelectivirefamily because the caliber of trainers that use them are low. I mean espeon was owned by a frontier brain, Jolt was owned by a gym leader, both of whom had to lose to move the plot.WHY NO ENTEI/RAIKOU/LATIOS ANNABEL?! The rest were owned by coordinators so their combat abilities were less than perfect.

Of course if someone like paul got a flareon or something the writers would probably give it 9000 hp and attack and let it rampage through everything because thats just his style. Virgil for one is a league opponent and has no story restrictions which means we can see Eeveelutions being used effectively in combat, possibly pwning ash with their power.

Pikachu still doesn't like her back.
    Did you even read my point?? I only said that she appears to be quite happy with Dawn yet hasn't evolved yet. This is what I believe will happen with Kotetsu and Riolu.

Did you even read my point?? I only said that she appears to be quite happy with Dawn yet hasn't evolved yet. This is what I believe will happen with Kotetsu and Riolu.
    Yeah but you cant be truly happy if your crush doesn't like you back. Riolu probably can never be truly happpy while his trainer has an IQ of 5

Yeah but you cant be truly happy if your crush doesn't like you back. Riolu probably can never be truly happpy while his trainer has an IQ of 5
    Aww... your being too modest to Kotesu.

But yeah, don't see Riolu evolving
    3DS code:1048-8163-5480
    Why exactly can't Ash get this little guy?
    "I already told you, I don't mind playing the bad guy every once in a while."~ Sonic the Hedgehog

There is a great chance that this trainer with an IQ of 5 become the Unova League victor.
    Off-cource it will be a direct slap on Ash's face that someone even less mature then him win a League.
    But Again , Since When Writer actually care about Ash's honer , Pride and Image ???
    They just love to humiliate Ash in a worst way possible.
    Poor Ash that he's in the hand of some Donkeys .

Quote Originally Posted by vodor View Post
    There is a great chance that this trainer with an IQ of 5 become the Unova League victor.
    Off-cource it will be a direct slap on Ash's face that someone even less mature then him win a League.
    But Again , Since When Writer actually care about Ash's honer , Pride and Image ???
    For the 1000th time, the writers are not ruining Ash in any way, but you calling them donkeys makes you more of a *** yourself. They have not ruin his pride, honor or what the hell you say every day. He is treated like every character, not treated like a Gary Stu badass, the way YOU wantedb So stop attacking the writers and just drop it.

I always get a laugh out of your posts. Who's to say that Ash will even lose to Kotesu? I rather the Eevee guy because Eevee evolutions are shown to be strong. And again I don't want someone who is holding Oshawott's evolution to beat Ash in the league.

My ideal battle ever!

I get disappointed if he battles Trip and lose. Kotesu? Is that the guy who beat Marlon?

Quote Originally Posted by Caseydia View Post
    I always get a laugh out of your posts. Who's to say that Ash will even lose to Kotesu? I rather the Eevee guy because Eevee evolutions are shown to be strong. And again I don't want someone who is holding Oshawott's evolution to beat Ash in the league.
    Does it matter if you want or not ?
    I didn't wanted Ash to lose to a complete newbie 3 time in a row but writer prove themself dam enough to do that.
    They are fully capable of making someone immature as Kotetsu the League victor over Ash or Virgil due to their idiocy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adalricus View Post
    I get disappointed if he battles Trip and lose. Kotesu? Is that the guy who beat Marlon?
    Losing to both of them in the League conference is embarrassing.

Does it matter if you want or not ?
    I didn't wanted Ash to lose to a complete newbie 3 time in a row but writer prove themself dam enough to do that.
    They are fully capable of making someone immature as Kotetsu the League victor over Ash or Virgil due to their idiocy.
    But aren't most of them newbies? Kotesu is supposed to have older pokemon but who's to say that he's just as experience as Ash to be the one to lose against? I rather Ash lose against Stephan instead of rivals who don't have their heads on straight but I guess that's not what you're looking at isn't it?

My ideal battle ever!

Quote Originally Posted by Caseydia View Post
    But aren't most of them newbies? Kotesu is supposed to have older pokemon but who's to say that he's just as experience as Ash to be the one to lose against? I rather Ash lose against Stephan instead of rivals who don't have their heads on straight but I guess that's not what you're looking at isn't it?
    Ash will lose to someone with his head on straight but it won't be Stephan

Page 23 of 99 FirstFirst ... 131920212223242526273373 ... LastLast