Page 45 of 99 FirstFirst ... 354142434445464748495595 ... LastLast
Results 1,101 to 1,125 of 2453

Thread: Unova League General Discussion [READ FIRST POST]

Quote Originally Posted by 11RBK View Post
    Really?? All cuz Riolu threw Emboar huh, wow some proof.
    So they introduce a semi-last minute rival that Ash doesn't even battle? Why introduce him in the first place then?
    3DS code:1048-8163-5480
    Why exactly can't Ash get this little guy?
    "I already told you, I don't mind playing the bad guy every once in a while."~ Sonic the Hedgehog

Quote Originally Posted by Joltik-Kid View Post
    So they introduce a semi-last minute rival that Ash doesn't even battle? Why introduce him in the first place then?
    Cuz he's filler material lol and the writers can't be bothered to try to be creative and try something different.

Cuz he's filler material lol and the writers can't be bothered to try to be creative and try something different.
    That's like saying Morrison should have never fought Ash in Hoenn... or Tyson for that matter
    "I already told you, I don't mind playing the bad guy every once in a while."~ Sonic the Hedgehog

That's like saying Morrison should have never fought Ash in Hoenn... or Tyson for that matter
    Morrison and Tyson were introduced at the last minute because their weren't any other rivals set up in hoenn for Ash. The writers knew that they needed to throw some recurring good characters in for Ash to battle. But in Unova, he has Stephan Bianca and Trip. Trip is now out of the league, Bianca could be on her way and Ash meet be beating Stephan soon.
    If you're a DC comics fan, GTA or Saints Row fan, hit me up with a vm, I'm always looking to talk to new people for my favourite stuff!

[IMG]http://i43.*******.com/nmgcc9.png[/IMG]
    Credit goes to AvengingAngel for the banner.

Isn't it just obvious that Ash will battle Kotetsu? They had all this Ritchie-like bonding and promises and then you're not even gonna let them battle in the league? Then why even introduce him in the first place and let them go through all of that? Bianca and Trip are for some reason getting screwed over in favor of Kotetsu and Virgil, we might get answers why this is the case once we know more about the filler saga. But for now, it seems like Ash's main opponents are Trip and Stephan and then Kotetsu and Virgil. That's why they were on the poster, and Bianca wasn't, because Ash is most likely not battling her, which wouldn't be the first time this happened, he also didn't battle Barry.

And what was the main issue in Hoenn?? NO RIVALS -_-.

Seriously he has three perfectly capable rivals here who are getting thrown under the bus for some last minute fails.

Cool. So it's Ash vs Stephan and Bianca vs Kotesu. Even though I wanted Bianca vs Stephan, Bianca vs Kotesu is going to be really exciting! And I wonder what move that is Leavanny is performing.

Quote Originally Posted by YokoKurama View Post
    Cool. So it's Ash vs Stephan and Bianca vs Kotesu. Even though I wanted Bianca vs Stephan, Bianca vs Kotesu is going to be really exciting! And I wonder what move that is Leavanny is performing.
    umm its either cut or x scissor i think >< so she learned a new move i wonder who else has learned new moves!

Quote Originally Posted by ShinyCharyZard View Post
    I'd like Scraggy to learn something similar to, but obviously better than Headbutt, as a replacement move.. I know most people go for Head Smash to cover its Flying weakness, but I think Iron Head or Zen Headbutt would be pretty cool. I doubt punching moves would be Scraggy's forte, considering its pathetically small arms..
    I agree with you completely.

I think Zen Headbutt would be better and also the fact that Scraggy (and its evolution) are one of the 3 Fighting types (non-secondary Psychic type) that can learn a damaging Psychic type move without the help of a Move-Tutor (the others are Poliwrath and Lucario).

As for a Dark type move, i really wish it either learns Snarl or Dark Pulse. Crunch should remain with Krookodile and i don't want a physical Dark type move for it because it already has 2 physical moves.
    Last edited by Lucario At Service; 19th November 2012 at 9:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by wingzx View Post
    umm its either cut or x scissor i think >< so she learned a new move i wonder who else has learned new moves!
    This is so cool. I remember worrying about his Pokemon not knowing any new moves and this happens. I like this.

Quote Originally Posted by YokoKurama View Post
    This is so cool. I remember worrying about his Pokemon not knowing any new moves and this happens. I like this.
    i hope we see palpitoads 4th move! and i hope snivy and oshawott learned a new move to ><

i hope we see palpitoads 4th move! and i hope snivy and oshawott learned a new move to ><
    Oh yes. I'm looking forward to those two. Especially Snivy. xD I hope I see Aqua Tail, but I'm kind of doubting it.

I doubt that Oshawott would be learning any new moves for now considering that it learned Hydro Pump in BWS2-03.

On the other hand i do wish that Snivy learns something new as she is the only one (other than Palpitoad but he didn't have a 4th move from the beginning), to not get a new move yet.

I would be happy if it gets any type of new move as long as it is a non-Grass type damaging move. My personal choice would be Twister.
    Last edited by Lucario At Service; 19th November 2012 at 9:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucario At Service View Post
    I doubt that Oshawott would be learning any new moves for now considering that it learned Hydro Pump in BWS2-03.

On the other hand i do wish that Snivy learns something new as she is the only one (other than Palpitoad but he didn't have a 4th move from the beginning), to not get a new move yet.
    thats true i was just hoping for like ice beam on him ><.

ya snivy learning a non grass move would be awesome

And what was the main issue in Hoenn?? NO RIVALS -_-.

Seriously he has three perfectly capable rivals here who are getting thrown under the bus for some last minute fails.
    That's typical Best Wishes writing for you. Bianca became the Barry of this series

That's typical Best Wishes writing for you. Bianca became the Barry of this series
    Except she isn't confirmed to lol.

Except she isn't confirmed to lol.
    She is the Jun of this series, well she actually did better then him, he never had a shot of beating Shinji.

Quote Originally Posted by Pepsi_Plunge View Post
    She is the Jun of this series, well she actually did better then him, he never had a shot of beating Shinji.
    I would give that honor to Kotetsu lol.

I would give that honor to Kotetsu lol.
    Once again, Kotetsu showed more skill then her and Jun, so no Kotetsu has been shown as a skilled trainer from the start, deny it all you want.

Once again, Kotetsu showed more skill then her and Jun, so no Kotetsu has been shown as a skilled trainer from the start, deny it all you want.
    Wow he beat Marlon who was shown to be weak as heck. Some skill.

*Sigh* Marlon why were you shown easy in the anime? *Wipes eyes*

Wow he beat Marlon who was shown to be weak as heck. Some skill.
    Yes he was weak but in the Homika battle Satoshi was strong it wasn't she that was hyped up to be to strong it was Satoshi that was too weak, again fiting arguments to your own benefit Robert :P.

The point was to make Kotetsu look strong not the Gym leader look weak, just like it was the opposite on Satoshi last gym, make the gym leader look super strong not the chalenger weak, you got it wrong both times congratulations.

Really?? All cuz Riolu threw Emboar huh, wow some proof.
    It's quite clear. That between Kotetsu and Bianca, that the writers would always choose Kotetsu over Bianca.

It doesn't matter if Bianca is an established rival or not, while Kotetsu is just some last minute moron.

Kotetsu will always be superior to Bianca, in the writer's minds. Ignoring the fact Bianca for the most part deserves to get farther. You know if Kotetsu had to get higher than Bianca, did they have to face each other.

It's like hey dman_dustin's top two trainers to beat Ash are Kotetsu and Bianca, let's have them battle each other, just to piss him off, and to make it guaranteed Bianca gets screwed over yet again as usual.

I'm sick of Gamefreak and the anime for pissing on Bianca, and making her a miserable character. She deserved a lot better.

And if you think Kotetsu showing up with a Samurott, and Riolu, and kicking Marlon's rear end, is proof that he deserves to get farther than Bianca, then you seriously have some crazy priorities.

Maybe next generation, we shouldn't have any rivals, introduce some character last minute who kicks some gym leader's rear end just so we can say "Totally this character deserves to get far in the league, potentially beat Ash."

Ash didn't even get to have a single full battle with the three rivals that were important this generation.

Vs Trip- 1 on 1
    Vs Bianca- Didn't happen
    VS Stephan- only a 3 on 3 at most

What the hell?

I was fine with Kotetsu going far, because I was under the impression that Bianca would do better, but Kotetsu is likely battling her the same round Ash is battling Stephan.

Could the writers be worse at handling rivals this generation then any other generation.

At least with Hoenn, Ash didn't have any rivals that no one care about, that wouldn't be thrown under the bus.

If Virgil and Kotetsu were so damn important, they should've showed up a lot sooner.

Hell I'd accept Katharine as more of a rival to Ash that last minute Kotetsu, and last minute Virgil.

But no, Kotetsu, and Virgil had to have non 5th generation Pokémon, so they had to be introduced last minute.

Edit:
    Yes he was weak but in the Homika battle Satoshi was strong it wasn't she that was hyped up to be to strong it was Satoshi that was too weak, again fiting arguments to your own benefit Robert :P.

The point was to make Kotetsu look strong not the Gym leader look weak, just like it was the opposite on Satoshi last gym, make the gym leader look super strong not the chalenger weak, you got it wrong both times congratulations.
    I disagree, entirely, in order for Kotetsu to have been shown strong, the battle between him and Marlon would've been more impressive.

Marlon would've had to be more impressive. It wasn't impressive at all. So no, just because Marlon was the last gym leader in Black 2 White 2, beating Drayden as the most powerful, doesn't mean he was more powerful than Drayden anime wise, nor was there any guarantee that he was all that strong.

Had Iris beaten Drayden, that battle would've been far more impressive. Even Roxie vs Ash was more impressive and that was my 2nd least favorite gym battle.

Kotetsu beating Marlon wasn't to show how super strong he was, it was just get him his eighth badge, indicated by how horribly rushed the battle was.
    Last edited by dman_dustin; 19th November 2012 at 11:50 PM.
    Misinterpreting my posts is not your fault, negative repping me, and getting very sensitive about my posts because you misinterpreted my posts however is your fault. Think really hard, before negative repping or making a big deal about my posts. I don't appreciate being negative repped for reasons that are a result of misinterpreting my posts.

Quote Originally Posted by gliscor&yanmega View Post
    Rilou is throwing Emboar.
    WoW i see it now so i guess thats circle throw

Kotetsu seems to be a competent version of Barry and Bianca. He was the only one to constantly have a good showing.
    Last edited by J Ken; 20th November 2012 at 1:24 AM.

Page 45 of 99 FirstFirst ... 354142434445464748495595 ... LastLast