Page 46 of 99 FirstFirst ... 364243444546474849505696 ... LastLast
Results 1,126 to 1,150 of 2453

Thread: Unova League General Discussion [READ FIRST POST]

  1. #1126
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Asperita City
    Posts
    432

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dman_dustin View Post
    It's quite clear. That between Kotetsu and Bianca, that the writers would always choose Kotetsu over Bianca.

    It doesn't matter if Bianca is an established rival or not, while Kotetsu is just some last minute moron.

    Kotetsu will always be superior to Bianca, in the writer's minds. Ignoring the fact Bianca for the most part deserves to get farther. You know if Kotetsu had to get higher than Bianca, did they have to face each other.

    It's like hey dman_dustin's top two trainers to beat Ash are Kotetsu and Bianca, let's have them battle each other, just to piss him off, and to make it guaranteed Bianca gets screwed over yet again as usual.

    I'm sick of Gamefreak and the anime for pissing on Bianca, and making her a miserable character. She deserved a lot better.

    And if you think Kotetsu showing up with a Samurott, and Riolu, and kicking Marlon's rear end, is proof that he deserves to get farther than Bianca, then you seriously have some crazy priorities.

    Maybe next generation, we shouldn't have any rivals, introduce some character last minute who kicks some gym leader's rear end just so we can say "Totally this character deserves to get far in the league, potentially beat Ash."

    Ash didn't even get to have a single full battle with the three rivals that were important this generation.

    Vs Trip- 1 on 1
    Vs Bianca- Didn't happen
    VS Stephan- only a 3 on 3 at most

    What the hell?

    I was fine with Kotetsu going far, because I was under the impression that Bianca would do better, but Kotetsu is likely battling her the same round Ash is battling Stephan.

    Could the writers be worse at handling rivals this generation then any other generation.

    At least with Hoenn, Ash didn't have any rivals that no one care about, that wouldn't be thrown under the bus.

    If Virgil and Kotetsu were so damn important, they should've showed up a lot sooner.

    Hell I'd accept Katharine as more of a rival to Ash that last minute Kotetsu, and last minute Virgil.

    But no, Kotetsu, and Virgil had to have non 5th generation Pokémon, so they had to be introduced last minute.

    Edit:


    I disagree, entirely, in order for Kotetsu to have been shown strong, the battle between him and Marlon would've been more impressive.

    Marlon would've had to be more impressive. It wasn't impressive at all. So no, just because Marlon was the last gym leader in Black 2 White 2, beating Drayden as the most powerful, doesn't mean he was more powerful than Drayden anime wise, nor was there any guarantee that he was all that strong.

    Had Iris beaten Drayden, that battle would've been far more impressive. Even Roxie vs Ash was more impressive and that was my 2nd least favorite gym battle.

    Kotetsu beating Marlon wasn't to show how super strong he was, it was just get him his eighth badge, indicated by how horribly rushed the battle was.
    How about you stop complaining and just deal with it?

    Jeez, don't be making angry faces at the writers just because Kotetsu will probably beat Bianca. It's just speculation right now, so stay cool until we know who the winner is.

    Meanwhile if this is the case, then in order for Riolu to be able to beat Emboar, he would probably have to evolve or something. Who knows what other surprises the writers are sending our way? At least now we know that some of Ash's Pokemon finally have decent moves. Thank goodness Leavanny has X-Scissor, for I was wondering what happened to his fourth move.

    All right just one more thing to take care of... *sends out Samurott* Hunter, Surf.

    Hunter: Cowabunga everybody! *Surfs over dman_dustin*

  2. #1127
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    1,595

    Default

    I like Kotetsu quite a lot so I'm fine with him smashing Bianca, it's a shame she won't get to battle Ash but she's the most likely rival to show up in the filler saga at least(imo).

    My boys Leavanny and Mofotoad are going in! <3 What ever Leavanny's new move is finally getting some close combat from him is something I've wanted. Palpitoad is kinda likely to lose to Zebstrika for plot reasons imo, but hopefully he'll take something out first if that's the case. Kenyan's Zebra could always have some trick up it's sleeve though to force Palpitoad to evolve and then star the battle. Now THAT I'd really love.
    Might as well link my Deviantart gallery, I mainly do Pokemon related stuff, maybe something'll catch your interest.:] http://rohanite.deviantart.com/gallery/

    Ash vs Korrina Alternate Ending Comic: http://rohanite.tumblr.com/post/8546...e-with-korrina

    This is Turtwig, he was the most under appreciated starter in Diamond & Pearl. If you picked Turtwig as your starter, put this in your sig. Started by Dax-360

  3. #1128
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Mitten State
    Posts
    11,902

    Default

    Way to introduce a new move for Leavanny now writers :/ Couldn't do that anytime that Ash used him, no, you had to pull a Sinnoh league here (except the Sinnoh league made sense because the Pokemon were away from Ash for a while)
    3DS code:1048-8163-5480
    Why exactly can't Ash get this little guy?
    "I already told you, I don't mind playing the bad guy every once in a while."~ Sonic the Hedgehog

  4. #1129
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Italy, the Green Boot
    Posts
    4,161

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Joltik-Kid View Post
    Way to introduce a new move for Leavanny now writers :/ Couldn't do that anytime that Ash used him, no, you had to pull a Sinnoh league here (except the Sinnoh league made sense because the Pokemon were away from Ash for a while)
    In a sense, Leavanny too presumably was away for a while (at Juniper's lab). XD

    But yeah, I agree. Well, who knows? Maybe he'll learn it during the Axew episode (even if they already did a "Leavanny saves the day").
    MY MAIN FANFICS


    Super Smash Bros Clash: 6 chapters, ongoing | Pokémon Best Wishes Reloaded: 3 episodes, ongoing

    Self-made claimer of AntennaShipping {Meguri the Moogle (Original Character / Final Fantasy) x Captain Olimar (Pikmin)}
    and SteakShipping {Ness (MOTHER 2 / Earthbound) x Doremi (Ojamajo Doremi)}

  5. #1130
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    1,595

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Joltik-Kid View Post
    Way to introduce a new move for Leavanny now writers :/ Couldn't do that anytime that Ash used him, no, you had to pull a Sinnoh league here (except the Sinnoh league made sense because the Pokemon were away from Ash for a while)
    Well they've been training at Cynthia's villa for a pretty long time so I don't think a few off screen moves for the main team would be too bad this time around, especially for Leavanny and Palpitoad who only have three. I'd at least prefer that to more "learning moves in a pinch to save the day" situations.
    Might as well link my Deviantart gallery, I mainly do Pokemon related stuff, maybe something'll catch your interest.:] http://rohanite.deviantart.com/gallery/

    Ash vs Korrina Alternate Ending Comic: http://rohanite.tumblr.com/post/8546...e-with-korrina

    This is Turtwig, he was the most under appreciated starter in Diamond & Pearl. If you picked Turtwig as your starter, put this in your sig. Started by Dax-360

  6. #1131
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Portugal
    Posts
    13,261

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Joltik-Kid View Post
    Way to introduce a new move for Leavanny now writers :/ Couldn't do that anytime that Ash used him, no, you had to pull a Sinnoh league here (except the Sinnoh league made sense because the Pokemon were away from Ash for a while)
    Their showing results from their training now, I hope Palpitoad got his 4th move also.

  7. #1132
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Mitten State
    Posts
    11,902

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pepsi_Plunge View Post
    Their showing results from their training now, I hope Palpitoad got his 4th move also.
    If he doesn't... then all hell will break loose here. I guarantee that :P
    3DS code:1048-8163-5480
    Why exactly can't Ash get this little guy?
    "I already told you, I don't mind playing the bad guy every once in a while."~ Sonic the Hedgehog

  8. #1133
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    1,074

    Default

    My prediction:
    128: Ash vs trip. Pika vs serp -ash
    64: ash vs Stephan- palp, leavanny and hopefully(snivy) vs zebstrika, sawk, liepard. Leavanny learns x-scissor. Hopefully palp evolves and learns some punching move. I'm guessing snivy because of the game promo female snivy vs sawk.
    Also in top 64 it's Bianca vs kotetsu. Confirmed are emboar and riolu. Kotetsu might have watchog. Hopefully we see more of their pokes. So advancing here are ash, and either Bianca/kotetsu, plus Virgil.
    32: I think ash will fights either the winner of Bianca/kotetsu or a COTD. -ash and Virgil advance
    16: again winner of Bianca and kotesu or a COTD. I think he'll fight atleast one. 6/6 starts in this round.
    8: the much anticipated ash vs Virgil. 6/6 Virgil does not use his glaceon and jolteon. Could go either way.
    4: if ash advances this is as far as he should get. Loses either brutally or in a tight match- potential spoilers of 6th gen or a legendary here.

    Thoughts? Anything I missed?
        Spoiler:- Game Teams:
    I have a pretty good reputation on these forums... Well i mean I could...

  9. #1134
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    12,799

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Joltik-Kid View Post
    If he doesn't... then all hell will break loose here. I guarantee that :P
    I would only want Palpitoad with a 4th move, because Mud Shot, Hydro Pump, and Super sonic, isn't exactly the best move set.

    Had it been Mud Shot, Hydro Pump, Hyper Voice, I wouldn't have minded as much. But sure, he over anyone else deserves a 4th move.

    Now watch how Gamefreak creates a ghost/flying Pokémon with storm drain and pits it against Palpitoad......damn it!
    Misinterpreting my posts is not your fault, negative repping me, and getting very sensitive about my posts because you misinterpreted my posts however is your fault. Think really hard, before negative repping or making a big deal about my posts. I don't appreciate being negative repped for reasons that are a result of misinterpreting my posts.

  10. #1135
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    221b Baker Street
    Posts
    11,591

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pokememes View Post
    Also in top 64 it's Bianca vs kotetsu. Confirmed are emboar and riolu. Kotetsu might have watchog.
    Kotetsu isn't gonna have Watchog. Emboar vs Watchog is confirmed to be a different battle

  11. #1136
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Mitten State
    Posts
    11,902

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dman_dustin View Post
    I would only want Palpitoad with a 4th move, because Mud Shot, Hydro Pump, and Super sonic, isn't exactly the best move set.

    Had it been Mud Shot, Hydro Pump, Hyper Voice, I wouldn't have minded as much. But sure, he over anyone else deserves a 4th move.

    Now watch how Gamefreak creates a ghost/flying Pokémon with storm drain and pits it against Palpitoad......damn it!
    Suprsonic almost is Hyper Voice, but with confusion effect

    The writers don't really make advantages like that... otherwise Tepig would have been screwed in the Subway Tag Battle and Kotesu's Samurott couldn't have done a damn thing to Mantine.
    3DS code:1048-8163-5480
    Why exactly can't Ash get this little guy?
    "I already told you, I don't mind playing the bad guy every once in a while."~ Sonic the Hedgehog

  12. #1137
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    6,950

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dman_dustin View Post
    Now watch how Gamefreak creates a ghost/flying Pokémon with storm drain and pits it against Palpitoad......damn it!
    Well we've already got Drifloon and Drifblim as ghost flying types...

    Quote Originally Posted by Joltik-Kid View Post
    Suprsonic almost is Hyper Voice, but with confusion effect

    The writers don't really make advantages like that... otherwise Tepig would have been screwed in the Subway Tag Battle and Kotesu's Samurott couldn't have done a damn thing to Mantine.
    by giving them flash fire and water absorb for thier pokemon right?

  13. #1138
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    12,799

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Joltik-Kid View Post
    Suprsonic almost is Hyper Voice, but with confusion effect
    Except Hyper Voice can actually deal damage, unlike Supersonic (well it's indirect compared to hyper voice's direct damage.

    The writers don't really make advantages like that... otherwise Tepig would have been screwed in the Subway Tag Battle and Kotesu's Samurott couldn't have done a damn thing to Mantine.
    I don't know, that happened with Trip vs Alder, with Bouffalant having Sap Sipper.
    Misinterpreting my posts is not your fault, negative repping me, and getting very sensitive about my posts because you misinterpreted my posts however is your fault. Think really hard, before negative repping or making a big deal about my posts. I don't appreciate being negative repped for reasons that are a result of misinterpreting my posts.

  14. #1139
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Italy, the Green Boot
    Posts
    4,161

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Almighty Zard View Post
    Well we've already got Drifloon and Drifblim as ghost flying types...
    Or Water Absorb Frillish/Jellicent. They can dodge Mud Shot by floating out of reach and absorb any Water attack.
    MY MAIN FANFICS


    Super Smash Bros Clash: 6 chapters, ongoing | Pokémon Best Wishes Reloaded: 3 episodes, ongoing

    Self-made claimer of AntennaShipping {Meguri the Moogle (Original Character / Final Fantasy) x Captain Olimar (Pikmin)}
    and SteakShipping {Ness (MOTHER 2 / Earthbound) x Doremi (Ojamajo Doremi)}

  15. #1140
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    12,799

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Almighty Zard View Post
    Well we've already got Drifloon and Drifblim as ghost flying types...
    And that's fully relevant, why?

    There are many repeating types out there.
    Misinterpreting my posts is not your fault, negative repping me, and getting very sensitive about my posts because you misinterpreted my posts however is your fault. Think really hard, before negative repping or making a big deal about my posts. I don't appreciate being negative repped for reasons that are a result of misinterpreting my posts.

  16. #1141
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Purplesurge-Unreal IRC servers
    Posts
    6,698

    Default

    http://www.dotup.org/uploda/www.dotup.org3642817.jpg

    I have absolutely no idea where to put this... Any idea what this is for?
    "Heart + Determination + Perserverence = Success" ™

    My Philosophical quote on goals and dreams.

  17. #1142
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    12,799

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by G50 View Post
    http://www.dotup.org/uploda/www.dotup.org3642817.jpg

    I have absolutely no idea where to put this... Any idea what this is for?
    That seriously looks like the scene in Tepig's capture episode where Oshawott ate all the food, that he wasn't supposed to, shoved Pikachu in a box, and took a nap until Team Rocket tried to kidnap Pikachu.

    Is it really something new?

    In that case looks like Oshawott's not going to be used in the league.
    Misinterpreting my posts is not your fault, negative repping me, and getting very sensitive about my posts because you misinterpreted my posts however is your fault. Think really hard, before negative repping or making a big deal about my posts. I don't appreciate being negative repped for reasons that are a result of misinterpreting my posts.

  18. #1143
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    New York, NY
    Posts
    1,288

    Default

    I'm going to need to wotter to not become a joke. Seriously, I understand why Piplup never evolved, but Oshawott doesn't have that kind of role, and on top of that he doesn't appear a lot like that for this money making machine pokemon to even ruin the kids favorite Unova Pokemon from disappearing forever >.> Ugh I want Dewott

    Name: Arugula
    Adopt one yourself! @Pokémon Orphanage


  19. #1144
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    12,799

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jrizza88 View Post
    I'm going to need to wotter to not become a joke. Seriously, I understand why Piplup never evolved, but Oshawott doesn't have that kind of role, and on top of that he doesn't appear a lot like that for this money making machine pokemon to even ruin the kids favorite Unova Pokemon from disappearing forever >.> Ugh I want Dewott
    I wish kids would realize that there's next generation, and the 6th generation water type starter to drool all over. I mean seriously let's look at it like this. There will be only 20 episodes at most for the filler saga before 6th gen, which until otherwise proven will come out in September. Is 20 episodes without Oshawott, which could easily show up in some format, really going to ruin anything?

    Because we all know it's impossible for Gamefreak to create a popular grass and fire starter that won't evolve.
    Misinterpreting my posts is not your fault, negative repping me, and getting very sensitive about my posts because you misinterpreted my posts however is your fault. Think really hard, before negative repping or making a big deal about my posts. I don't appreciate being negative repped for reasons that are a result of misinterpreting my posts.

  20. #1145
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    1,074

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dman_dustin View Post
    That seriously looks like the scene in Tepig's capture episode where Oshawott ate all the food, that he wasn't supposed to, shoved Pikachu in a box, and took a nap until Team Rocket tried to kidnap Pikachu.

    Is it really something new?

    In that case looks like Oshawott's not going to be used in the league.
    How does That scan show oshawott won't be used? I mean I hate the thing, but honestly after all the screen time it's obviously going to battle. maybe it'll even evolve and irritate me less
        Spoiler:- Game Teams:
    I have a pretty good reputation on these forums... Well i mean I could...

  21. #1146
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    New York, NY
    Posts
    1,288

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dman_dustin View Post
    I wish kids would realize that there's next generation, and the 6th generation water type starter to drool all over. I mean seriously let's look at it like this. There will be only 20 episodes at most for the filler saga before 6th gen, which until otherwise proven will come out in September. Is 20 episodes without Oshawott, which could easily show up in some format, really going to ruin anything?

    Because we all know it's impossible for Gamefreak to create a popular grass and fire starter that won't evolve.
    I know, I guess the writers just aren't having it battle on purpose to have it "make sense" that Oshwott still hasn't evolved. If there are only 30 episodes left in Unova, I feel like only 2, maybe 3 more evolutions will occur then (scraggy and Palpitoad).

    If a new game comes out in September, that would mean about 32 episodes left. They should so do a Team Plasma / hunt down the seven sages (can treat them like battle frontiers lol) or do w/e plot is in BW2 i guess. Then conclude it with a Senior Cup and let Ash win. Trip can make it to the finals against Ash, so that we can see the 3 vs 3 or 6 vs 6 battle that we have been all waiting for.

    Name: Arugula
    Adopt one yourself! @Pokémon Orphanage


  22. #1147
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Pokemon world, I wish ._...XD
    Posts
    1,642

    Default

    lolwhu

    the hydregion is konetsu's?

    okay okay. He's now got a good team ._...XD
    When refering to learning..."In other words, groups are not where ideas are born. Groups are where ideas are evaluated."
    My eyes! (my eyes!) are filled with curiosity! You think! (You think!) that you have power over me! In this life! (This life!) There’s no room for you and me! So turn around and face the day with me!
    Such a sexy song. Urgh.

  23. #1148
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    12,799

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pokememes View Post
    How does That scan show oshawott won't be used? I mean I hate the thing, but honestly after all the screen time it's obviously going to battle. maybe it'll even evolve and irritate me less
    Because it's too busy eating.

    Can't battle if all its going to do is hide in the kitchen and eat.

    Guess Oshawott saw Kotetsu's Samurott, freaked out and ran away.
    Misinterpreting my posts is not your fault, negative repping me, and getting very sensitive about my posts because you misinterpreted my posts however is your fault. Think really hard, before negative repping or making a big deal about my posts. I don't appreciate being negative repped for reasons that are a result of misinterpreting my posts.

  24. #1149
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    New York, NY
    Posts
    1,288

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dman_dustin View Post
    Because it's too busy eating.

    Can't battle if all its going to do is hide in the kitchen and eat.

    Guess Oshawott saw Kotetsu's Samurott, freaked out and ran away.
    Imagine if Oshawott hid in the kitchen all league long -__- Hopefully we get to see him battle with his Hydro Pump, so we can see if he has gained any strength or not.

    Name: Arugula
    Adopt one yourself! @Pokémon Orphanage


  25. #1150
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Deep Ocean
    Posts
    2,060

    Default

    All my hopes for the league has been lost when Bianca didn't even get a battle against Ash.

    Now the only thing I'll look forward is to Leavanny. But it seems like he's getting taken out by Sock ... I really hope not. Snivy should just fork over some of her screentime.

    Gimme a ring when the Leavanny battle comes up.

    *goes back into my hole*

    Credits to Sworn Metalhead

    ASB Squad

Page 46 of 99 FirstFirst ... 364243444546474849505696 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •