Page 48 of 99 FirstFirst ... 384445464748495051525898 ... LastLast
Results 1,176 to 1,200 of 2453

Thread: Unova League General Discussion [READ FIRST POST]

Quote Originally Posted by Pokemaniac24 View Post
    I'm almost positive Ash loses to Virgil. The sole reason Virgil was even introduced is so that he could be the one to beat Ash. It is unfortunate though because I was hoping this would be the League Ash would finally win but now it's time to prepare for Generation 6, I suppose
    If there is a generation 6. The fact that we haven't heard of anything after the Unova League, even a possible filler saga, kind of worries/bothers me
        Spoiler:- On Hiatus for the Holiday Season:

Quote Originally Posted by OceanicLanturn View Post
    All my hopes for the league has been lost when Bianca didn't even get a battle against Ash.

Now the only thing I'll look forward is to Leavanny. But it seems like he's getting taken out by Sock ... I really hope not. Snivy should just fork over some of her screentime.

Gimme a ring when the Leavanny battle comes up.

*goes back into my hole*
    You're not the only one who's sad. But, hey we might see her later on.

Quote Originally Posted by AceDetective View Post
    it doesn't look likely. She uses Emboar in the prelims and by the looks of it loses to Kotetsu in the next round where we know she uses Emboar & Escavalier and possibly Elektross.
    Okay, what? How did I miss this?

Spoiler:- Alpha Sapphire Progress:

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Munchlax View Post
    If there is a generation 6. The fact that we haven't heard of anything after the Unova League, even a possible filler saga, kind of worries/bothers me
    There better be a Generation 6. If this show ends without Ash winning a League, that would be a massive disappointment.

I want to be excited about this league but I just can't.. the rivals just don't seem interesting I was so interested in seeing the Sinnoh league after I saw the Ash and Paul full battle at Lake Acuity but this league just has no build up.

Quote Originally Posted by JD View Post
    I want to be excited about this league but I just can't.. the rivals just don't seem interesting I was so interested in seeing the Sinnoh league after I saw the Ash and Paul full battle at Lake Acuity but this league just has no build up.
    I completely agree. The only interesting rival in the League is Trip and he is going to be eliminated in Round 1. Bianca and Stephan will be gone soon after and we will be left with 2 characters that were introduced right before the League. I mean the Unova League is supposed to be the huge climax of the saga and yet the 3 characters who were with us for most of Unova will lose early and we will be left with 2 characters that we just met?! What?!

I think that Bianca will have a similar role that some girl had in the Junior Cup.
    1)A short battle that wins.
    2)In her first true battle, she loses.

The differences is while the Junior Cup girl only has interacted with Iris after the battle and hasn't had any character interactions with anyone, Bianca will be having some series of gags with some pokemon and having character interactions with anyone (with the possible exception of Trip). And I think that Virgil's Eevee will be the next Zorua.

And I see the ending being similar with Bianca leave after returning to the house (Juniper's laboratory) but the difference would be who leaves the house...
    Last edited by Eievui-Nymphia; 20th November 2012 at 10:41 PM.

I'm just sad that Bianca's losing. Well, I guess I'm only rooting for Ash and Virgil now. Don't hide from the truth wingzx

Quote Originally Posted by fer92 View Post
    I think that Bianca will have a similar role that someone in the Junior Cup.
    1)A short battle that wins.
    2)In her first true battle, she loses.

The differences is while the Junior Cup girl only has interacted with Iris after the league and hasn't had any character interactions woth anyone, Bianca will be having some series of gags with some pokemon. And I think that Virgil's Eevee will be the next Zorua.
    The first half of your post I understand but I lost you by the second half. Care to explain?

Quote Originally Posted by YokoKurama View Post
    I'm just sad that Bianca's losing. Well, I guess I'm only rooting for Ash and Virgil now. Don't hide from the truth wingzx
    Me too. Go Ash! Go Virgil!
    MY MAIN FANFICS

Super Smash Bros Clash: 6 chapters, ongoing | Pokémon Best Wishes Reloaded: 3 episodes, ongoing

Self-made claimer of AntennaShipping {Meguri the Moogle (Original Character / Final Fantasy) x Captain Olimar (Pikmin)}
    and SteakShipping {Ness (MOTHER 2 / Earthbound) x Doremi (Ojamajo Doremi)}

Quote Originally Posted by YokoKurama View Post
    dont worry im sure she will be back in the filler arc just sit back and watch kotetsu win the league

Quote Originally Posted by Cresselia92 View Post
    Me too. Go Ash! Go Virgil!
    *Hi fives* Yes, I'm not the only one.
    Quote Originally Posted by wingzx View Post
    dont worry im sure she will be back in the filler arc just sit back and watch kotetsu win the league
    As for this one. (-_-) I still have your seat ready.

Quote Originally Posted by Pepsi_Plunge View Post
    I hope theres not a picture of Dent in a future league summary or people will be like "OMG DENT ALWAYS BUTTING IN STEALING THE EPISODES!!!!!", actually epiosde Dent has 30 secs of tasting time(hater minds, stole the entire episode).
    Better Cilan than Iris and Axew, at least Cilan has more to offer league participants than Iris.

Ooh, Iris potentially gives Kotetsu advice about his Hydreigon, yeah that'll make that filler crap about Axew getting lost relevant.

Just ranting.

Quote Originally Posted by wingzx View Post
    That would require Ash to lose, and only get Top 16/32, yeah I don't see it happening.
    Misinterpreting my posts is not your fault, negative repping me, and getting very sensitive about my posts because you misinterpreted my posts however is your fault. Think really hard, before negative repping or making a big deal about my posts. I don't appreciate being negative repped for reasons that are a result of misinterpreting my posts.

I actually can. I've said since we started learning about the League that Ash will not likely get either a Top 4 or Top 2. He's either going to win it all (which is looking almost laughable right now), or lose in the Top 16 or worse, with an outside possibility of getting a Top 8 finish. He has not been all that impressive during the Unova saga so I would not be surprised to see him regress. The only thing that might save the Unova saga, so to speak, is if he goes back home and participates in the Kanto League and wins it with his strongest Pokémon. If he does somehow win the Unova League, though, I would not be surprised to see either an Elite Four member or another character beat him soon after and stating that the crop of Unova League participants was significantly weaker in Ash's league appearance than they had been in the past.
    Team Rocket will pay for their crimes.

Let's see, considering what he have discovered until now about this league and what happened in the previous ones, there's a few facts we should consider. Let's see:

1ş) Every Pokemon League last for 8 episodes in total, including combats, opening ceremony with the torch and closure ceremony. Until now, we already know 5 episodes:
    - The episode where Unova League starts and we see the beginning of Ash vs Trip battle.
    - The episode with the end of Ash vs Trip battle, plus Bianca vs Kotetsu battle and possibly other battles.
    - Filler episode about Axew, and we'll possibly see a short winning battle of Ash at the beginning and/or at the end. Just like the episode with Squirtle vs Nidorino battle at the beginning and Ash vs Pete Pebbleman battle at the end in Kanto. Or the episode with Snorlax vs Grumpig in Sinnoh.
    - The episode with the whole battle of Ash vs Stephan. As far as we know, Stephan will use Sawk and Zebstrika, while Ash will use Palpitoad and Leavanny. And since it seems this will be a 3 vs 3 battle, it seems Stephan's last Pokemon will be Liepard, while Ash's third Pokemon will be Krookodile.
    - The episode with the whole battle of Ash vs Kotetsu. My guess for this battle, Kotetsu will use first Lucario and Samurott before using Hydreigon as his secret weapon. Ash will probably use Pikachu and Pignite. And as last Pokemon, I guess Ash will use Boldore, who will evolve into Gigalith in the middle of the battle. I mean, if there's no episode on December 27th, this episode could explain the appearance of Gigalith in December's page of Pokemon's calendar.
    - 3 episodes left to discover about this Pokemon League. I suppose one of them will be Ash vs Virgil, a full 6 vs 6 battle which I suspect Ash will won. I'll explain why later.

2ş) In each Pokemon League Ash has been, he has been always getting better and ending into a higer rank than the previous one. He was the 16th in Kanto, the 8th in Johto, again the 8th in Hoenn and the 4th in Sinnoh. So, if they want to respect Ash's development through the series, Ash will have to end as the 4th again as minimum. Or maybe he could end as the 2nd, but I doubt it if Ash won't use his old Pokemon in this league.

3ş) Ash has defeated at all his rivals in each Pokemon League. In Kanto and Johto, Ash's rival was Gary, but they didn't face to each other until the Johto League, with Ash's victory. In Hoenn, his friend and rival was Morrison, and Ash defeated him. Finally, in Sinnoh, Ash had mainly Paul as a rival, but Ash also had Barry, Conway and Nando. Ash didn't face Barry because he was defeated by Paul, but yet, he defeated all his other rivals. So, Ash's rivals in Unova League are Bianca, Trip, Kotetsu, Virgil and Stephan. Just like with Barry in Sinnoh, Ash won't face Bianca because she will be defeated by Kotersu; but yet, we know that he will defeat Trip, Stephan and Kotetsu. So following this rule, I'm sure Ash will defeat Virgil too. Because, honestly, losing his first 6vs6 battle in the Unova League is not worthy coming from Ash. And if the last battle is Eevee vs Pikachu, and Ash loses, it will be another lame Pokemon "Deja Vu"; because of Pikachu's defeat by Gary's Eevee. This time, Pikachu has to win to redeem himself.

4ş) Ash is always defeated by "the new guy introducted just in the League". In Kanto, Ritchie was introducted in the middle of the League, and then he was Ash's next opponent and the one who defeated him. (Well, actually, he only won because Charizard didn't obey Ash back then). In Johto, the new guy introducted was Harrison, and he defeated Ash just after Ash defeated Gary. In Hoenn, the new guy introduced in the League was Tyson, and he defeated Ash just after Ash defeated Morrison. Finally, in Sinnoh, the introduced guy was Tobias, the "mysterious and invincible trainer of Darkrai" who wasn't fully introduced until his battle against Ash. Before facing Tobias, Ash had previously defeated all his other rivals (Nando, Conway and Paul), expecting Barry because he was defeated by Paul. And although Ash lost against Tobias, he was the only trainer able to defeat his "invincible Darkrai" and also his Latios, even although Ash's last Pokemon (Pikachu) fainted with Latios at the same time. So, I'm sure Ash will defeat ALL his rivals in the League before losing against the "new guy introduced in the League".

I honestly hope that some of Ash's Pokemon will evolve in the League, just like Krabby evolved to Kingler in Kanto, and Cyndaquil evolved to Quilava in Sinnoh. (Even although Cyndaquil was an "old Pokemon" back then). The better candidates I find possible are these:
    - Boldore to Gigalith, highly possible because of the December's page of Pokemon Calendar.
    - Palpitoad to Seismitoad, mirroring Krabby evolution to Kingler as Ash's second Water Type Pokemon from the region.
    - Pignite to Emboar, as it would honoring Bianca's defeat in the League or something.

Well, what do you think?

Quote Originally Posted by dman_dustin View Post
    Better Cilan than Iris and Axew, at least Cilan has more to offer league participants than Iris.

Ooh, Iris potentially gives Kotetsu advice about his Hydreigon, yeah that'll make that filler crap about Axew getting lost relevant.

Just ranting.
    Dman I'm giving an example of people acting like fools when looking at a picture ONLY, not trying to start any Dent vs Iris war I didn't even mention Iris.

Iris tutoring Kotetsu about dealing with Dragons???

That doesn't fit her character at all xD
    IGN: Carlos
    FC: 0903-2783-6541

[CENTER]SIGNATURE SOON...[/COLOR]

Quote Originally Posted by ludiloco View Post
    Iris tutoring Kotetsu about dealing with Dragons???

That doesn't fit her character at all xD
    More like giving advice because she has experience with rampaging dragons. She got Dragonite to open up to her and she stopped Shobu's Hydreigon by calming it down. She definitely qualifies to give advice and to help out.

Quote Originally Posted by HatersGonnaHate View Post
    More like giving advice because she has experience with rampaging dragons. She got Dragonite to open up to her and she stopped Shobu's Hydreigon by calming it down. She definitely qualifies to give advice and to help out.
    You're right. This will benefit Iris as it will show that she is getting closer to being a Dragon Master by helping a League competitor deal with their Dragon type.

As long as that's all she does then it's fine with me.

Quote Originally Posted by J Ken View Post
    You're right. This will benefit Iris as it will show that she is getting closer to being a Dragon Master by helping a League competitor deal with their Dragon type.
    Agreed!

Quote Originally Posted by Almighty Zard View Post
    As long as that's all she does then it's fine with me.
    lol you think she's gonna take the hydreigon? that would be pretty surprising xD

Iris's development while weird in build up has led to her becoming more like her Gym Leader counterpart it would still be a while before she comes close to being as developed as Champion Iris though.

lol you think she's gonna take the hydreigon? that would be pretty surprising xD
    considering that you probably want this to happen, it wouldn't suprise me at all actually, especially if it turns out that it's the same Hydreigon that faught Dragonite before Iris caught it, then you'd be craving it to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Almighty Zard View Post
    considering that you probably want this to happen, it wouldn't suprise me at all actually, especially if it turns out that it's the same Hydreigon that faught Dragonite before Iris caught it, then you'd be craving it to happen.
    There should be a limit on how much glorification a character can receive in one season -.-

So.....this thread is basically turning into an Iris whine thread?

Seriously?

Here's hoping Sanzandora is at least a strong opponent, though I can't shake the feeling something's gonna evolve.

Page 48 of 99 FirstFirst ... 384445464748495051525898 ... LastLast