Page 5 of 99 FirstFirst 1234567891555 ... LastLast

Thread: Unova League General Discussion [READ FIRST POST]

Quote Originally Posted by Cresselia92 View Post
    That's why I said most. There were good battles, sure... but some matches are just too... far-fetched. Again, I want to be pessimist so that if some twist happens I'll accept it more gladly.
    Well, you are wrong about most of them being bad. Most of the battles were good and fun battles to watch. You are probably so used to the DP formula that the BW battles don't work for you but for me they work well.

Quote Originally Posted by Pokemaniac24 View Post
    Well, you are wrong about most of them being bad. Most of the battles were good and fun battles to watch. You are probably so used to the DP formula that the BW battles don't work for you but for me they work well.
    Still is better to hope the worst than to expect the best. I could win a million dollars tomorrow, but I prefer to expect that it's not happening, so I will be pleased if that happens.

And no, it's not the DP format. I remember more some Johto and Hoenn battles than the Sinnoh ones (Bulbasaur vs Skiploom and Corpish and Swellow vs Arcanine and Swampert come to my mind). So no, I simply like less how some battles are handled in BW. You liked them? Good for you, bad for me. Simple as that.
    MY MAIN FANFICS

Super Smash Bros Clash: 6 chapters, ongoing | Pokémon Best Wishes Reloaded: 3 episodes, ongoing

Self-made claimer of AntennaShipping {Meguri the Moogle (Original Character / Final Fantasy) x Captain Olimar (Pikmin)}
    and SteakShipping {Ness (MOTHER 2 / Earthbound) x Doremi (Ojamajo Doremi)}

Still is better to hope the worst than to expect the best. I could win a million dollars tomorrow, but I prefer to expect that it's not happening, so I will be pleased if that happens.

And no, it's not the DP format. I remember more some Johto and Hoenn battles than the Sinnoh ones (Bulbasaur vs Skiploom and Corpish and Swellow vs Arcanine and Swampert come to my mind). So no, I simply like less how some battles are handled in BW.
    Which battles didn't work for you in BW? I thought almost every battle in BW was good except for the ones that only took a few seconds. The Don Battle Tournaments, some of the Trip battles, and most of the gym leaders like Skyla, Elesa, Roxie, Clay, and Brycen were all very good in my opinion.

I don't want to get my hopes up, but I want these Pokemon to get good battles in the league: Zoroark, Reuniclus, Klinklang, Vanilluxe, and a few others that I can't think of right now. Reasons:

Zoroark: It hasn't debuted yet, and I don't see why it wouldn't appear in the league.
    Reuniclus: It got literally three seconds in the PWT... It's versatile, also.
    Klinklang: It debuted in Chargestone Cave, but all it did was float there and use Zap Canon.
    Vanilluxe: Georgia has one. Trip might also own one. Trip's should get a decent battle in the league.

Currently writing: The Missing Link!
    Chapters posted: 10
    Please read and review. I'll be eternally grateful.

Which battles didn't work for you in BW? I thought almost every battle in BW was good except for the ones that only took a few seconds. The Don Battle Tournaments, some of the Trip battles, and most of the gym leaders like Skyla, Elesa, Roxie, Clay, and Brycen were all very good in my opinion.
    That's your opinion.

Anyway, the ones that are in my black list are Elesa's (Snivy lost horribly), Roxie's (didn't quite like the 3 vs 6), WTJC (excluding Krokorok's battle), Roggenrolla/Boldore vs Excadrill, Axew vs Golett and Oshawott vs Pansage. The others are in the gray-whitish list, but I can't quite remember them (and that says something, they weren't very memorable to me). I know, I'm beating the poor, dead Ponyta, but they are burned so vividly in my mind that I can't help but shake my head and say: "What did you do, guys?"

But this isn't the appropriate thread to talk about how ****** some battles are. Back to topic.

Hm... I think that Bianca, Kotetsu, Virgil and Trip will fare quite well. Probably Stephan will be the fall guy (but I hope to see his full team before him leaving) and I think Virgil or Bianca can have a chance to reach the finals (or heck, even face each other). Kotetsu may fall before or after Trip, but I won't disdain seeing him facing Trip (Serperior vs Samurott FTW). Anyway, I'll wait for more info to give a more proper judgment.
    MY MAIN FANFICS

Super Smash Bros Clash: 6 chapters, ongoing | Pokémon Best Wishes Reloaded: 3 episodes, ongoing

Self-made claimer of AntennaShipping {Meguri the Moogle (Original Character / Final Fantasy) x Captain Olimar (Pikmin)}

That's your opinion.
    No! Really!? I would have never known this very obvious statement had you not told me. Thank you!

No! Really!? I would have never known this very obvious statement had you not told me. Thank you!
    You're very welcome! XD

But yeah, if they don't pull another Tobias, Bianca and Virgil are my bets for the finals.
    MY MAIN FANFICS

You're very welcome! XD

But yeah, if they don't pull another Tobias, Bianca and Virgil are my bets for the finals.
    Virgil and COTD with Virgil winning. That's what I think.

Virgil and COTD with Virgil winning. That's what I think.
    This has 98% chance !
    Since Writer hopelessly follow the Pattern .

Quote Originally Posted by vodor View Post
    This has 98% chance !
    Since Writer hopelessly follow the Pattern .
    There is no pattern. And we don't know how he battles or if he's really a threat.

Yes, just because Virgil is a last-minute character doesn't mean he will champion, look at Ritchie and Harrison.

That doesn't mean he'll kick Ahs out either, patterns are just sad coincidences.
    IGN: Carlos
    FC: 0903-2783-6541

[CENTER]SIGNATURE SOON...[/COLOR]

For all we know, Virgil could be the next Tobias.

Kotetsu: "I heard that Virgil got all 8 of his Unova badges by only using his Eevee!"

For all we know, Virgil could be the next Tobias.

Kotetsu: "I heard that Virgil got all 8 of his Unova badges by only using his Eevee!"
    Nah. Virgil is all about teamwork.

Currently writing: The Missing Link!
    Chapters posted: 10
    Please read and review. I'll be eternally grateful.

Quote Originally Posted by stanleysmith View Post
    Nah. Virgil is all about teamwork.
    And Tobias isn't? You can't say that. You hardly know anything about Tobias XD

his team worked together to catch the legends he could go solo with .
    When refering to learning..."In other words, groups are not where ideas are born. Groups are where ideas are evaluated."
    My eyes! (my eyes!) are filled with curiosity! You think! (You think!) that you have power over me! In this life! (This life!) There’s no room for you and me! So turn around and face the day with me!
    Such a sexy song. Urgh.

No one does. He's just a character with no backstory or even foreshadowing of who he was in the Sinnoh saga.

Quote Originally Posted by Pika-Pika-Red View Post
    his team worked together to catch the legends he could go solo with .
    Exactly!

Or he could win every match flawlessly by baton passing. Teamwork!!!!

Please let there be some triple battles in this league. We've seen all of ONE triple battle since Best Wishes started.

Another thing that bothers me is that we've rushed into the League and there are still Pokemon left to debut. In Sinnoh, everything was debuted except for East Sea Gastrodon by the time the League started, with the obvious exception of Porygon-Z. In this series, non-Legendary Pokemon that are still missing are Zoroark (acknowledged above) as well as Klang and Eelektrik. Zoroark has a good chance of appearing during the League, but what shot do two seemingly forgotten middle evolutions have?

My biggest problem with this League, though, is the shoving of Kotetsu and Virgil into it. There was no need for League-exclusive characters this series, let alone two of them. Disregarding Georgia and Burgundy, one of those slots should be filled by Shamus, who I would say is probably the cruelest of the Fire-type starter trainers. Damian was just neglectful and cocky and Paul was extreme in his methods but to some degree had logic behind his approach, but Shamus did what he did purely out of spite. As for the other slot, if Stephan has to be around then it wouldn't have hurt to give him a subplot for the League by bringing Montgomery back.

I thought the only good Gym battles in Unova were Clay, Brycen (the best) and Roxie.

(Banner by Matori)
    Beyond all ideals, the truth shall set you free...
    Most Recent: 17: The Bard and the Diva
    Next: Winter of Discontent

The steps on the road to the truth.
    The Firestorm Rebellion
    The Victory Star of Fate

Glacidia Network - The Home for Fanworks
    Best Wishes appreciation blog

Quote Originally Posted by The Great Butler View Post
    Another thing that bothers me is that we've rushed into the League and there are still Pokemon left to debut. In Sinnoh, everything was debuted except for East Sea Gastrodon by the time the League started, with the obvious exception of Porygon-Z. In this series, non-Legendary Pokemon that are still missing are Zoroark (acknowledged above) as well as Klang and Eelektrik. Zoroark has a good chance of appearing during the League, but what shot do two seemingly forgotten middle evolutions have?

My biggest problem with this League, though, is the shoving of Kotetsu and Virgil into it. There was no need for League-exclusive characters this series, let alone two of them. Disregarding Georgia and Burgundy, one of those slots should be filled by Shamus, who I would say is probably the cruelest of the Fire-type starter trainers. Damian was just neglectful and cocky and Paul was extreme in his methods but to some degree had logic behind his approach, but Shamus did what he did purely out of spite. As for the other slot, if Stephan has to be around then it wouldn't have hurt to give him a subplot for the League by bringing Montgomery back.

I thought the only good Gym battles in Unova were Clay, Brycen (the best) and Roxie.
    Klang and eelektrik could be used by a COTD at the league.

Based off of the revealed pokemon I'm hoping this is how they end up getting beaten.

Trip-
    Serperior-Pignite evolves and his fire pledge receives an upgrade, ie instead of flames going in a straight line, it spreads outward in an enormous ring of fire, preventing all escape.
    Conkeldurr- Pikachu/Pignite/Unfezant/Snivy troll win.
    Vanilluxe-Scraggy/Boldore
    Chandelure-Krookodile/Boldore/Pikachu
    Jellicent-Pikachu/Krookodile
    Unfezant-Pikachu/Boldore/Palpitoad

Bianca

Emboar-Krookodile/Palpitoad
    Escavilier- If the lances are detachable, leavanny, if not pignite
    Mincinno-Anyone

Kotetsu

Reiolu-Pikachu
    Samurott-leavnny
    Ferrothorn-pignite

Stephan

Zebstrika-krookodile
    Sawk-Pikachu/Unfezant

I'm not gonna do virgil since the possibilities are too much.

Quote Originally Posted by pokemonsquared View Post
    Klang and eelektrik could be used by a COTD at the league.

Based off of the revealed pokemon I'm hoping this is how they end up getting beaten.

Trip-
    Serperior-Pignite evolves and his fire pledge receives an upgrade, ie instead of flames going in a straight line, it spreads outward in an enormous ring of fire, preventing all escape.
    Conkeldurr- Pikachu/Pignite/Unfezant/Snivy troll win.
    Vanilluxe-Scraggy/Boldore
    Chandelure-Krookodile/Boldore/Pikachu
    Jellicent-Pikachu/Krookodile
    Unfezant-Pikachu/Boldore/Palpitoad

Bianca

Emboar-Krookodile/Palpitoad
    Escavilier- If the lances are detachable, leavanny, if not pignite
    Mincinno-Anyone

Kotetsu

Reiolu-Pikachu
    Samurott-leavnny
    Ferrothorn-pignite

Stephan

Zebstrika-krookodile
    Sawk-Pikachu/Unfezant

I'm not gonna do virgil since the possibilities are too much.
    Meeeh/.... I want more Bianca's, Stephan's, and Kotetsu' s Pokemon
        Spoiler:

Quote Originally Posted by pokefandt View Post
    Please let there be some triple battles in this league. We've seen all of ONE triple battle since Best Wishes started.
    Then why would it be in the league?

They would have focused more on it prior to it just like how they had plenty of double battles in Hoenn before the league and in DP they focused on Double Performances and Double Battles for the Grand Festival.

Random : PokéRadar

Virgil can easuily put some the Baton Passes and swithes to make his evee team more powerful. It will work better than Trollbias or Meowth in boots

Quote Originally Posted by Hanto View Post
    Virgil can easuily put some the Baton Passes and swithes to make his evee team more powerful. It will work better than Trollbias or Meowth in boots
    Yes but he could just as easily not. Until we know more about the guy we really can't say anything about his battling style, except that eevee seems to be more a support pokemon

Page 5 of 99 FirstFirst 1234567891555 ... LastLast