Page 51 of 99 FirstFirst ... 4147484950515253545561 ... LastLast
Results 1,251 to 1,275 of 2453

Thread: Unova League General Discussion [READ FIRST POST]

  1. #1251
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Mind your business
    Posts
    1,319

    Default

    Has anyone noticed how bad a showing the Emboar line has had. Yet they are the most over shown starter line in Best Wishes.

  2. #1252
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    12,799

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by J Ken View Post
    Has anyone noticed how bad a showing the Emboar line has had. Yet they are the most over shown starter line in Best Wishes.
    Bianca's Emboar beat two relevant character's Pokémon and one random Watchog.

    Barry isn't so lucky, since a newly caught Gible and a random Mothim, hardly compare to a Bisharp and Conkeldurr and Watchog.

    So no I don't think Emboar has been treated too badly. Until Ash's Pignite, Pignite was treated worse. Having no wins, if I'm not mistaken.
    Misinterpreting my posts is not your fault, negative repping me, and getting very sensitive about my posts because you misinterpreted my posts however is your fault. Think really hard, before negative repping or making a big deal about my posts. I don't appreciate being negative repped for reasons that are a result of misinterpreting my posts.

  3. #1253
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Portugal
    Posts
    13,068

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by J Ken View Post
    Has anyone noticed how bad a showing the Emboar line has had. Yet they are the most over shown starter line in Best Wishes.
    Hum Tepig and Pignite atleast the ones belonging to Satoshi are doing well.

    Belle Pignite was doing bad but apparently he turned it around, I don't see whats so bad about it, besides Satoshi Pignite not being one yet.

    My usual problem is with the middle forms that always get crapped on.

    Wartortle, Ivysaur, Charmeleon, Quilava, Croconaw, Marshtomp, Monferno, Prinplup, Dewott have all been treated badly or atleast bad compared to their first and last stages, the first starters and Croconaw got it worse imo.

  4. #1254
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    This account has been hacked.
    Posts
    3,197

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by J Ken View Post
    Has anyone noticed how bad a showing the Emboar line has had. Yet they are the most over shown starter line in Best Wishes.
    Tepig- Fine
    Pignite- Good, if you look at Ash's.
    Emboar- Better than some other pokemon I can think of. Still not that good though, but hey it's Bianca. What do ya expect?

  5. #1255
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Bionis
    Posts
    9,332

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pepsi_Plunge View Post
    Hum Tepig and Pignite atleast the ones belonging to Satoshi are doing well.

    Belle Pignite was doing bad but apparently he turned it around, I don't see whats so bad about it, besides Satoshi Pignite not being one yet.

    My usual problem is with the middle forms that always get crapped on.

    Wartortle, Ivysaur, Charmeleon, Quilava, Croconaw, Marshtomp, Monferno, Prinplup, Dewott have all been treated badly or atleast bad compared to their first and last stages, the first starters and Croconaw got it worse imo.
    At least the fire stage ones can make it to final stage

  6. #1256
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    This account has been hacked.
    Posts
    3,197

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pepsi_Plunge View Post
    My usual problem is with the middle forms that always get crapped on.

    Wartortle, Ivysaur, Charmeleon, Quilava, Croconaw, Marshtomp, Monferno, Prinplup, Dewott have all been treated badly or atleast bad compared to their first and last stages, the first starters and Croconaw got it worse imo.
    Huh? I don't remember Monferno being treated badly. He was basically a win button. I'm sure he was better than Grotle.

  7. #1257
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Portugal
    Posts
    13,068

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Thing View Post
    Huh? I don't remember Monferno being treated badly. He was basically a win button. I'm sure he was better than Grotle.
    I mean almost not appearing, Monferno didn't get to do much besides evolving, Grotle as useless as it was after evolving, got to do things as a Grotle.

    Quote Originally Posted by pokemonsquared View Post
    At least the fire stage ones can make it to final stage
    My point is basicly I wanted the small ones to evolve by the 3rd/4th gym so the middles stages could get something before reaching its final stage, fire or not.

  8. #1258
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    This account has been hacked.
    Posts
    3,197

    Default

    Okay, thanks for clearing that up.

    Quote Originally Posted by pokemonsquared View Post
    At least the fire stage ones can make it to final stage
    Quilava didn't.

  9. #1259
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Luxembourg
    Posts
    180

    Default

    Whats Badge have all rival?

  10. #1260
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    1,517

    Default

    I'm relieved that Ash is practically confirmed for at least top 4 again(highly doubt he's losing to Kotetsu). I always thought that it was stupid to think that they'd make him regress just because he hasn't displayed as much skill as in DP, that's just looking too deeply into the series. No matter how he performs during the actual saga the league will always be better. And I don't even think he's been bad in Unova anyway, the faster pace + larger team - regular Team Rocket just required a lot of mid battle evolutions, I'm fine with this.
    Might as well link my Deviantart gallery, I mainly do Pokemon related stuff, maybe something'll catch your interest.:] http://rohanite.deviantart.com/gallery/

    Ash vs Korrina Alternate Ending Comic: http://rohanite.tumblr.com/post/8546...e-with-korrina

    This is Turtwig, he was the most under appreciated starter in Diamond & Pearl. If you picked Turtwig as your starter, put this in your sig. Started by Dax-360

  11. #1261
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Hyderabad (India)
    Posts
    3,721

    Default

    So, until now the confirmed pokemons of Ash set to appear for battle during the league (excluding Pikachu) are Pignite, Leavanny, Palpitoad, Krookodile.

    Oshawott is set to appear in an episode but not? for a battle. Is there any news regarding the others (i.e., Unfezant, Snivy, Scraggy, Boldore)
    Last edited by Lucario At Service; 22nd November 2012 at 11:20 AM.

  12. #1262
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    In the Dutch Mountains
    Posts
    8,681

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lucario At Service View Post
    So, until now the confirmed pokemons of Ash set to appear for battle during the league (excluding Pikachu) are Pignite, Leavanny, Palpitoad, Krookodile.

    Oshawott is set to appear in an episode but not? for a battle. Is there any news regarding the others (i.e., Unfezant, Snivy, Scraggy, Boldore)
    Nope... Nothing else known.. But people are speculating Scraggy and/or Boldore evolutions vs. Kotetsu...
    Answer to all the bad things in the world: Give up on trying to make everything better. Hence, accepting it for what it is. YOLO! <- Click the link and daw.. -.-

  13. #1263
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Bionis
    Posts
    9,332

    Default

    Lol I remember th days when people were discrediting Virgil thinking trip was gonna be the main rival and thinking Bianca would go far or beat Stephan.

  14. #1264
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Cerulean City
    Posts
    7,598

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pokemonsquared View Post
    thinking Bianca would go far or beat Stephan.
    I was one of those people.

  15. #1265
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    1,241

    Default

    It is a nice way to start the league off with a bang

  16. #1266
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    5,901

    Default

    I'm thinking/hoping the battles go as such:

    BWS2-19-20:
    Ash vs Trip(Top 128)1 vs 1:
    Pikachu vs Serperior-Pikachu confirmed to win.

    BWS2-21
    Ash vs Person(Top 64)3 vs 3:
    Pignite vs Swoobat-Pignite wins with some difficulty.
    Pignite vs Yanmega-Yanmega wins with some difficulty.
    Oshawott vs Yanmega-Oshawott wins with some difficulty.
    Oshawott vs Mandibuzz-Mandibuzz wins with some difficulty.
    Snivy vs Mandibuzz-Snivy wins easily.

    BWS2-22
    Ash vs Stephan(Top 32)3 vs 3:
    Palpitoad vs Zebstrika-Palpitoad wins with some difficulty.
    Palpitoad vs Liepard-Liepard wins with some difficulty.
    Leavanny vs Liepard-Leavanny wins easily.
    Leavanny vs Sawk-Sawk wins with some difficulty.
    Krookodile vs Sawk-Krookodile wins with some difficulty.

    BWS2-22
    Ash vs Person(Top 16)3 vs 3:
    Boldore vs Mienshao-Boldore wins with some difficulty.
    Boldore vs Lapras-Lapras wins with some difficulty.
    Unfezant vs Lapras-Unfezant wins with some difficulty.
    Unfezant vs Scrafty-Scrafty wins with some difficulty.
    Scraggy vs Scrafty-Scraggy barely wins.

    BWS2-23-24
    Ash vs Kotetsu(Top 8)6 vs 6:
    Palpitoad vs Ferrothorn-Palpitoad wins with some difficulty and recalled.
    Leavanny vs Gigalith-Leavanny wins with some difficulty.
    Leavanny vs Arcanine-Arcanine wins with one move.
    Pikachu vs Arcanine-Pikachu wins with some difficulty.
    Pikachu vs Hydreigon-Hydreigon wins with little effort.
    End of first episode.
    Palpitoad vs Hydreigon-Hydreigon wins with little effort.
    Pignite vs Hydreigon-Pignite wins with a lot of difficulty and recalled.
    Unfezant vs Samurott-Draw.
    Scraggy vs Rilou-Rilou evolves.
    Scraggy vs Lucario-Lucario wins with some difficulty..
    Pignite vs Lucario-Pignite barely wins.

    BWS2-25-26
    Ash vs Virgil(Top 4) 6 vs 6:
    Pikachu, Oshawott, Snivy, Krookodile, Scraggy, Boldore vs Eevee/Vaporeon/Jolteon/Flareon/Espeon/Umbreon/Leafeon/Glaceon-Don't know what Virgil will use. Regardless, I see the battle being close.

    Wins/Loss/Tie(Not counting Ash vs Virgil):
    Pikachu-2/1/0
    Unfezant-1/1/1
    Oshawott-1/1/0
    Pignite-3/1/0
    Snivy-1/0/0
    Scraggy-1/1/0
    Leavanny-2/2/0
    Palpitoad-2/2/0
    Boldore-1/1/0
    Krookodile-1/0/0
    3DS Friend Code: 3153-4608-8374
    Friend Safari: Steel(Ferroseed, Forretress, and Bronzong)

  17. #1267
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    3,073

    Default

    My vague prediction of the league:

    BWS2-19/20
    Preliminaries (Top 128) 1 vs. 1:
    Ash vs. Trip
    - Pikachu vs. Serperior (Pikachu wins)

    BWS2-20
    Round 1 (Top 64) 2 vs. 2:
    Kotetsu vs. Bianca
    - Samurott vs. Escavalier (Samurott wins)
    - Samurott vs. Emboar (Emboar wins)
    - Riolu vs. Emboar (Riolu wins)

    BWS2-21
    Round 1 (Top 64) 2 vs. 2 (cont.):
    Ash vs. Katherine (after Axew's found)
    - Scraggy/Scrafty and another pokemon vs. Gothorita/Gothitelle and one of her previous pokemon or a new pokemon

    BWS2-22
    Round 2 (Top 32) 3 vs. 3 (finished at the beginning of the episode):
    Ash vs. COTD (Dino, Antonio, one of the Tournament COTD's)

    Round 3 (Top 16) 3 vs. 3:
    Ash vs. Stephan
    - Palpitoad vs. Zebstrika (Palpitoad wins)
    - Palpitoad vs. Liepard (Liepard wins)
    - Leavanny vs. Liepard (Leavanny wins)
    - Leavanny vs. Sawk (Sawk wins)
    - Krookodile vs. Sawk (Krookodile wins)

    BWS2-23/24
    Round 4 (Top 8) 6 vs. 6:
    Ash vs. Kotetsu

    BWS2-24/25
    Round 5 (Top 4) 6 vs. 6:
    Ash vs. Virgil

  18. #1268
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Israel
    Posts
    1,038

    Default

    I can see one of the trainers who owns a Gigalith being defeated in a 30 second battle against Ash.
    In snow, the pure white coat covering its body obscures it from predators.
    Dewgong



  19. #1269
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    1,074

    Default

    I'm so disappointed ash didn't even call oak before the league... Poor kids forgotten his roots.
        Spoiler:- Game Teams:
    I have a pretty good reputation on these forums... Well i mean I could...

  20. #1270
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Holland
    Posts
    1,474

    Default

    Is it just me or does this league seems like less of a big happening then all the others?
    Especially in Hoenn and Kanto with the whole flame situation where the League were like the Animé equivalent of the Olympic Games, this time it just seems like your random average tournament.

    Also this time: No mom, no Oak, no Pallet Town cheering, no nothing really, I feel kinda underwhelmed about this league, I used to be very excited when a league was happening because everything lead up to it and everything juist built up to it, for some reason it just seems less this time, anyone else feeling the same way? For me the league felt like the end of the saga, the place where all the hard work will finally pay off, a huge happening, but it just seemed different? Maybe that's just me though.

  21. #1271
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    1,074

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FlyAsADunsparce View Post
    Is it just me or does this league seems like less of a big happening then all the others?
    Especially in Hoenn and Kanto with the whole flame situation where the League were like the Animé equivalent of the Olympic Games, this time it just seems like your random average tournament.

    Also this time: No mom, no Oak, no Pallet Town cheering, no nothing really, I feel kinda underwhelmed about this league, I used to be very excited when a league was happening because everything lead up to it and everything juist built up to it, for some reason it just seems less this time, anyone else feeling the same way? For me the league felt like the end of the saga, the place where all the hard work will finally pay off, a huge happening, but it just seemed different? Maybe that's just me though.
    I have felt this league is missing something. I think it's because this whole saga was rushed, not as entertaining, no contests, and most of the league has already been spoiled, so there's no surprise or excitement factors
        Spoiler:- Game Teams:
    I have a pretty good reputation on these forums... Well i mean I could...

  22. #1272
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Bionis
    Posts
    9,332

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pokememes View Post
    I have felt this league is missing something. I think it's because this whole saga was rushed, not as entertaining, no contests, and most of the league has already been spoiled, so there's no surprise or excitement factors
    And thats why they pull stuff like trip losing in r1.

  23. #1273
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    IN YO FACE
    Posts
    4,122

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pokememes View Post
    I have felt this league is missing something. I think it's because this whole saga was rushed, not as entertaining, no contests, and most of the league has already been spoiled, so there's no surprise or excitement factors
    Well this is the spoilers section so what did you expect coming here?

  24. #1274
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    6,913

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pokemonsquared View Post
    And thats why they pull stuff like trip losing in r1.
    yep, try something new, no one likes it--;

    I've actually been thinking about something regarding Serperior, there's no denying it's powerful and fast...But it does make one wonder how much pain it can actually take when it gets hit.

  25. #1275
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Cerulean City
    Posts
    7,598

    Default

    Probably not that much. Since this isn't in-game, I can't determine it, but I believe Pikachu will hit him about 2 times to defeat him.

Page 51 of 99 FirstFirst ... 4147484950515253545561 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •