Page 58 of 99 FirstFirst ... 84854555657585960616268 ... LastLast
Results 1,426 to 1,450 of 2453

Thread: Unova League General Discussion [READ FIRST POST]

Quote Originally Posted by ConUxie223 View Post
    -____- I seriously hope you are kidding... Unless you really think that evolution matters when it relates to story and because we dont know how powerful Gothita is now I wouldnt judge her strength just yet.
    Unless you are as kawaii as oshawott evolution does matter. Its a disgrace to the gym leaders to have lost to a gothita.

Quote Originally Posted by fruitjuice222 View Post
    Unless you are as kawaii as oshawott evolution does matter. Its a disgrace to the gym leaders to have lost to a gothita.
    It's a disgrace period to think you can beat the strongest trainers in Unova with a less then sensational team. Despite Oshawott's cutest, he still falls under that category. But of coarse, Ash is the main character, thus we should always expect him to come in with a pitiful assortment of unevolved Pokemon
    3DS code:1048-8163-5480
    Why exactly can't Ash get this little guy?
    "I already told you, I don't mind playing the bad guy every once in a while."~ Sonic the Hedgehog

Quote Originally Posted by Joltik-Kid View Post
    It's a disgrace period to think you can beat the strongest trainers in Unova with a less then sensational team. Despite Oshawott's cutest, he still falls under that category. But of coarse, Ash is the main character, thus we should always expect him to come in with a pitiful assortment of unevolved Pokemon
    Dont throw around the word "disgrace" so likely because it seems like your saying that its a crime or unfair or something.. I dont see why them being in their base form matters whatsoever -_- As long as a Pokemon is legit powerful than it should not matter if they are in their base forms, thats like saying that Serperior is better than Snivy because it is evolved. Evolution does not matter at all in the grand scheme of things and the people that think that evolved Pokemon are automatically better than their pre-evolved forms let us not forget the countless examples the anime has given us to show us otherwise.

@fruitjuice222- I guess its also a disgrace that Ash won 5 badges in DP using his base form Pokemon -___- And stop trolling Oshawott as "cute so he can do whatever" because its bias and beyond annoying. And some people (like me) happen to think Gothita is cute and powerful dispite its loss against Snivy :/
    What happens when two diffrent people connect through an unlikely adventure?
    https://www.fanfiction.net/docs/edit.php?docid=29355246
    Pokemon-BW- Dare to live?

So how many Pokemons are there?

Silly Jack, the plural of Pokemon is Pokemon

Quote Originally Posted by Street Comedy View Post
    Pokemon: Filler Adventures and Pokemon: Rise of the Penguin respectivley.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFonz View Post
    Now that I think about it....that poster is a horrible advertisement
    Wow, I'm just stating that I'm uncomfortable with one of the few decent pokemon on the train wreck that is Ash's Unova team getting shafted and you accuse me of impersonating an imposter?!

Dont throw around the word "disgrace" so likely because it seems like your saying that its a crime or unfair or something.. I dont see why them being in their base form matters whatsoever -_- As long as a Pokemon is legit powerful than it should not matter if they are in their base forms, thats like saying that Serperior is better than Snivy because it is evolved. Evolution does not matter at all in the grand scheme of things and the people that think that evolved Pokemon are automatically better than their pre-evolved forms let us not forget the countless examples the anime has given us to show us otherwise.
    When you see Lance, Cythina, Alder, any Elite 4 member with an unevolved Pokemon... then your sentence will make sense

Oh and the bold, your correct, Serperior is better then Snivy
    3DS code:1048-8163-5480
    Why exactly can't Ash get this little guy?
    "I already told you, I don't mind playing the bad guy every once in a while."~ Sonic the Hedgehog

OK, after analysing some new confirmed data, I have new suspictions for what it will happen in the Unova League. First of all, I thinkwe can confirm that Ash will end, as minimum, in the 8th place of the Unova League. I still hope he will get the 4th place however. I have the proof in this picture:
    http://img.filb.de/20121125144205_liga.jpg

With this picture, we have to do some math to guess Ash's final position:
    - At the start of the Unova League: 128th place. (128 trainers confirmed at the beginning).
    - After defeating Trip: 64th place.
    - After defeating the unknown trainer from the picture: 32th place.
    - After defeating Stephan: 16th place.
    - After defeating Kotetsu: 8th place.

If they make Ash end in the 8th place, it would like that he's losing qualities after all these years; so that can't be accepted. Ash has to get the 4th as the very minimum in the Unova League. So there's two options here:
    1ş) There will be another "minor battle" for Ash, possibly between Stephan and Kotetsu, that will justify Ash getting the 4th place before losing to Virgil.

2ş) Ash will defeat Virgil, and then he will lose to his next oponent. It's clear it will be a 6 vs 6 battle, and the truth is, Ash has many possibilities to win this battle. Let me count them:
    + Ash could lose using Pikachu against Eevee, as he always does in a Pokemon League, except when he has Charizard. But it would be a lame "deja vu" with the battle against Gary's Eevee. Besides, Virgil's Eevee serves as the assistant of the other "Eeveelutions" if they need a method of defense or power-up in their missions. Since he can't use two Pokemon at the time in this League's Pokemon Battles, I don't think Eevee will be use.
    + Using the right choices, Ash's Pokemon would be able to defeat several of Virgil's Pokemon:
    - Leavanny should be his Grass Type. Its Grass Attacks would work against Vaporeon, although it should be careful against the Aurora Beam, an Ice attack. He could also resist Jolteon's Electric Attacks, but its Pin Missile would be a problem. And his Bug attacks would useful against Leafeon, Espeon and Umbreon. Snivy wouldn't have so many chances.
    - Palpitoad should be Ash's Water Type. Its Water Attacks would work against Flareon. And his Ground Attacks would work also work against Flareon; and against Jolteon too. Oshawott wouldn't have as many chances here.
    - Pignite as his Fire Type, the only one he has, actually. Fire Attacks would work against Glaceon and Leafeon; and if he would have a Fighting Attack, against Umbreon and Glaceon again.
    - Scraggy would be perfect, as his Fighting moves would work against Umbreon and Glaceon, and his Dark type could be a protection against Espeon Psychic Attacks.
    - Krookodile could be the "heavy artillery" for this battle. Its Ground Attacks and type would be useful against Flareon and Jolteon, although Jolteon's Pin Missile could be a problem. His Dark Attacks and Type would be perfect against Espeon. And although a little risky, he could also work against Glaceon since he defeated Brycen's Beartic.
    - Boldore could also work here. His Rock, Steel and Fighting attacks would work against Glaceon. Rock Attacks work against Flareon and Fighting Attacks against Umbreon. Having a Ground Attack would be useful for him to battle Jolteon, and Flareon again.
    - Pikachu would only work well against Vaporeon, although he defeated a Jolteon in the past. So maybe he can defeat several of the "Eeveelutions", except maybe Leafeon.
    - Unfezant would only work against Leafeon, but just like Pikachu, maybe it can defeat several of the "Eeveelutions".

With all these explanations, I don't see how Ash can lose againt Virgil. Of course, I'm not saying it's impossible. But if there's no other "minor battle" to help Ash reach the 4th place in the Unova League, Ash will have to defeat Virgil.

Well, opinions?

Quote Originally Posted by Joltik-Kid View Post
    When you see Lance, Cythina, Alder, any Elite 4 member with an unevolved Pokemon... then your sentence will make sense

Oh and the bold, your correct, Serperior is better then Snivy
    XD I dont know what point your trying to make but saying that the E4 dont have any unevolved Pokemon is a ridiculous statement because Aaron had a Skorupi and Flint won the Sinnoh Leaguw with a Monferno! And in what way is Snivy better than Serperior? Because you think so? Snivy could use a strategy on Serperior and find a way to take it down just like Pikachu did. Yet, you say that unevolved Pokemon are inferior to evolved ones yet your only proof is invalid -__- Come back with something else will you?
    What happens when two diffrent people connect through an unlikely adventure?
    https://www.fanfiction.net/docs/edit.php?docid=29355246
    Pokemon-BW- Dare to live?

So how many Pokemons are there?

Silly Jack, the plural of Pokemon is Pokemon

Pokemon: Filler Adventures and Pokemon: Rise of the Penguin respectivley.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFonz View Post
    Now that I think about it....that poster is a horrible advertisement
    Wow, I'm just stating that I'm uncomfortable with one of the few decent pokemon on the train wreck that is Ash's Unova team getting shafted and you accuse me of impersonating an imposter?!

@fruitjuice222- I guess its also a disgrace that Ash won 5 badges in DP using his base form Pokemon -___- And stop trolling Oshawott as "cute so he can do whatever" because its bias and beyond annoying. And some people (like me) happen to think Gothita is cute and powerful dispite its loss against Snivy :/
    I agree with you. Ash sucked as a trainer because he uses unkawaii pokemon like turtwig and chimchar and corphish for all his gyms but since he has oshawott he deserves more credit.

Quote Originally Posted by Eddieursa View Post
    Well, opinions?
    Maybe Ash battles another CotD.
    IGN: Carlos
    FC: 0903-2783-6541

[CENTER]SIGNATURE SOON...[/COLOR]

XD I dont know what point your trying to make but saying that the E4 dont have any unevolved Pokemon is a ridiculous statement because Aaron had a Skorupi and Flint won the Sinnoh Leaguw with a Monferno! And in what way is Snivy better than Serperior? Because you think so? Snivy could use a strategy on Serperior and find a way to take it down just like Pikachu did. Yet, you say that unevolved Pokemon are inferior to evolved ones yet your only proof is invalid -__- Come back with something else will you?
    Flint didn't win with a Monferno...it was squished by a Snorlax. I see it as Snivy will almost always lose against Serperior, but Snivy has some advantages against other opponents that Serperior may not have and vice versa.

Platinum FC: 2924 5508 7388

HeartGold FC: 5372 2982 5997

White 1 FC: 3396 3135 0386

I think ash will fight another COTD after beating kotetsu. So that way he can still make top 4 even if he loses to virgil
        Spoiler:- Game Teams:
    I have a pretty good reputation on these forums... Well i mean I could...

Quote Originally Posted by J Ken View Post
    Ash and Kotetsu don't really have a conflict and haven't had enough set up to have a three episode full battle.
    Well then the league won't go long coz i don't think ash vs virgil wud be a very big battle. Besides, I don't think that for a 3-episode battle, u need to have good rivalry. Besides again, this is probably the only battle between these two so it should be long enough to be memorable, isn't it?

Also, somebody was saying that there would be a CotD match between vs. Stephan and vs. Kotetsu. This is most unlikely, coz these two episodes of these two battles against Stephan and Kotetsu come one after another and to fill in a filler match in-between is impossible.
    Last edited by PokemonMasters; 26th November 2012 at 9:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pokememes View Post
    I think ash will fight another COTD after beating kotetsu. So that way he can still make top 4 even if he loses to virgil
    I don't think the writers would put Ash into top 4 by battling a CotD in top 8. Defeating Virgil and then losing in the top 4 appeals to me as a more sensible idea.

http://img.filb.de/20121125144205_liga.jpg

I think trainer no. 10 in the top line in this pic will win the league. I definitely don't think Virgil will win with simple eeveelutions. How can he? That would mean that unova was a totally new saga, starting with all new pokemon, but only simple eeveelutions who come from other regions won the league?! Then what would be the importance of the unova pokemon! Absolutely nothing!
    So Virgil's down for sure (and I think Ash will beat him in top 8) and Ash would obviously not win because the writers wouldn't let him. So this trainer no. 10 is my pick...others look nuts!

Thats Dino who got beat by Satoshi Palpitoad back in the first tournament.

If Virgil doesn't win I'm going with the fat guy figthing the little kid with glasses. 4th in the third row.

Quote Originally Posted by Pepsi_Plunge View Post
    Thats Dino who got beat by Satoshi Palpitoad back in the first tournament.

If Virgil doesn't win I'm going with the fat guy figthing the little kid with glasses. 4th in the third row.
    That one looks like a just-turned-ten little kid (how do the writers show them winning eight badges??), too young to win!

EDIT: Sorry I misunderstood the person you were talking about. Yeah that fat one wearing a suit could be a potential choice!
    Last edited by PokemonMasters; 26th November 2012 at 9:17 AM.

vs. CotD (top 64)
    vs. Stephan (top 32)
    vs. Kotetsu (top 16)
    vs. Virgil (top 8)
    vs. CotD (top 4 - loss)

this prediction is sumthin i give wid 95% probability...

http://www.dotup.org/uploda/www.dotup.org3669025.jpg

Guys, we have a confirmed break 12/27
    "Heart + Determination + Perserverence = Success" ™

My Philosophical quote on goals and dreams.

Thanks for the heads up G50 but why on my birthday?

So after this, it's Ash vs Kotetsu yes.

Quote Originally Posted by G50 View Post
    http://www.dotup.org/uploda/www.dotup.org3669025.jpg

Guys, we have a confirmed break 12/27
    I understand & expected the break but I'm really annoyed now. But were so behind now. The November break is the one I don't get. I did fear that we'd get a 21 day break like we did last time an episode aired on December 20th, which was the Solaceon Ruins & Solaceon Contest episodes, & returned January 10th with the Cafe Cabin Miltank Episode.
    - Claimed:

-XY, already better than Best Wishes.xD

Pokemon Y Team:

Greninja
    Talonflame
    Pikachu
    Venusaur
    Flygon
    Aggron

3DS FC: 1993-7360-7585

So Ash is confirmed to win against Kotetsu which is a given, so he's going to get Top 4 minimum if he loses the next match.

I hope the next match will either be a skipped COTD battle or a brief one, so Ash Vs. Virgil can be the finals.

Is it possible that if the Japan show keeps taking breaks, that the dub will eventually catch up to the original version and we will only have wait a few weeks instead of months to watch the dub after we watch the original?

Not a break. I was really excited for these episodes too. Well, I'm okay now. Thanks G50.

The league is gonna end in early January. The 10th will probably be the last one, giving the whole league 7 episodes total.

Quote Originally Posted by Pokemaniac24 View Post
    Is it possible that if the Japan show keeps taking breaks, that the dub will eventually catch up to the original version and we will only have wait a few weeks instead of months to watch the dub after we watch the original?
    No, the original and dub are always mapped out so they never get close to each other. If the original goes on break for a month or something, chances are the dub will also take some type of break.

The dub usually takes a 2-week break for Christmas and New years, so the original taking a break on the December 27th means nothing really.
    Last edited by HatersGonnaHate; 27th November 2012 at 4:52 AM.

http://www.pocketmonsters.net/images...7402980022.jpg
    This kind of tells us riolu might evolve?
    Friend Code 216561919515

Yea, that's been posted before. It's fanmade, not official.

Page 58 of 99 FirstFirst ... 84854555657585960616268 ... LastLast