Page 98 of 99 FirstFirst ... 4888949596979899 LastLast
Results 2,426 to 2,450 of 2453

Thread: Unova League General Discussion [READ FIRST POST]

Quote Originally Posted by Street Comedy View Post
    I don't get why they rebooted him, just reset him at the start of the region and let him get his power back like he usually does.
    It seems like this region the writers tried experimenting with many things.

Quote Originally Posted by Pokemaniac24 View Post
    It seems like this region the writers tried experimenting with many things.
    And they were all interesting concepts, yet poorly executed.

Every saga brings in new kids.
    Yes, but Generation V was the only one whose premise was "a fresh new start". No old Pokémon and stuff (at least until B2W2). The anime simply followed suit.

3DS Friend Code: 3582-9622-5627

Quote Originally Posted by Ver-mont View Post
    Yes, but Generation V was the only one whose premise was "a fresh new start". No old Pokémon and stuff (at least until B2W2). The anime simply followed suit.
    If it truly is a fresh start, why still use Ash and Pikachu?

Ash doesn't use Pikachu, Pikachu uses Ash. But I am interested how the next gen will play out in terms of his progression in the league based on his experience or lack of experience in Unova.

Because they're too marketable to discard, probably. Or simply to create a sense of continuity/familiarity, even though this is a new start. Or to keep the old fans while getting new ones.
    The point is: he still acts like someone who's discovering a whole new world, which is the sensation they wanted for BW.

(but I do think they should have concluded Ash's journey and passed the torch to a new hero long ago)

3DS Friend Code: 3582-9622-5627

Dispite what people on here think I'm pretty sure Ash and Pikachu are still popular in Japan and around the world even, I'd have to look at the newer polls though to see.
    Plus they and Team Rocket's Jessie/James/Meowth people know them, which is likely why they are trying to keep those three around as much as they can even if they keep changing them back and fourth comical or serious, I have a feeling these three will be around just as long as Ash and Pikachu will be.

I don't see a tournament in the N arc but maybe before the series ends finally allowing Ash to win one, Charizard I could see just in the N arc but will use his Best Wishes Pokemon one last time before sending them to Oak to show what they really can do.
    A close family member of mine died today, I put this in my sign as respect for him

Ash fan. Luffy fan. Gintoki fan-Gintama. Endou fan-Inazuma Eleven.
    Multi Luffy {One Piece} and Ash {Pokemon} Shippers.

Quote Originally Posted by Zorocario View Post
    Ash doesn't use Pikachu, Pikachu uses Ash. But I am interested how the next gen will play out in terms of his progression in the league based on his experience or lack of experience in Unova.
    Lol the rat really does run things doesn't he?? Ash control your rat -_-.
    Proud claimer of Cyndaquil and Ezio Auditore from Assassin's Creed !!
    Also proud claimer of Assassin's Creed 2 the game!!
    Just became the proud claimer of the Marvel's Agent's of S.H.I.E.L.D. TV show ^_^!!!

Honestly guys, we should stop thinking dat cameron is gonna beat ash with only 5 pokemon! Dat's not possible because:-

1. Ash is very experienced and won't lose 6 pokemon to 5 pokemon!
    2. Cameron is the biggest idiot in the show and making ash lose to him would make him an even bigger idiot!
    3. Although Pikachu got 2 wins in dis battle already, let's not forget dat Riolu/Lucario also got 2 wins against Unfezant and snivy. So if this does become the case, then whoever wins will get himself a third win so giving pikachu 3 wins doesn't count as impossible.
    4. As somebody else posted, Pikachu has never had as great a league moment as charizard or infernape so its finally time he gets one!
    5. Making Ash lose to Cameron would ruin the importance of Virgil's appearance in the league coz den he won't battle Ash!
    6. The episode has enough time to show a quick Ash vs. Virgil battle at top 4 with Virgil winning. Coz Lucario vs. Snivy and Pikachu and the time before Ash vs. Virgil can begin will not take anything more than 7-8 minutes. The writers have sufficient time to show Ash vs. Virgil for sure!
    7. Ash vs. Virgil is far better compared to Cameron vs. Virgil!
    8. Lucario also got his moment as Lucario by beating Snivy and as Riolu by beating Unfezant! They did not evolve him against Pikachu but against Snivy. He could have beaten pikachu if he evolved against it so he is most likely to lose!
    9. Most importantly, THE WRITERS WOULD NOT DETERIORATE AN EXPERIENCED TRAINER IN ASH TO TOP 8 AND LET A PIGGY-HEAD IN CAMERON ADVANCE TO TOP 4!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    The Ultimate Kalos Team:

Greninja
    Noivern
    Tyrantrum
    Aegislash
    Talonflame
    Florges

What Ash will get from above:

Greninja
    Talonflame
    Florges

Quote Originally Posted by Ver-mont View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Zorocario View Post
    A fresh start has to be with a different main character going on an adventure.

If new kids come with each generation, what's the point of keeping the same protagonist since gen1?

Quote Originally Posted by PokemonMasters View Post
    Honestly guys, we should stop thinking dat cameron is gonna beat ash with only 5 pokemon! Dat's not possible because:-

2. Cameron is the biggest idiot in the show and making ash lose to him would make him an even bigger idiot!
    3. Although Pikachu got 2 wins in dis battle already, let's not forget dat Riolu/Lucario also got 2 wins against Unfezant and snivy. So if this does become the case, then whoever wins will get himself a third win so giving pikachu 3 wins doesn't count as impossible.
    4. As somebody else posted, Pikachu has never had as great a league moment as charizard or infernape so its finally time he gets one!
    5. Making Ash lose to Cameron would ruin the importance of Virgil's appearance in the league coz den he won't battle Ash!
    6. The episode has enough time to show a quick Ash vs. Virgil battle at top 4 with Virgil winning. Coz Lucario vs. Snivy and Pikachu and the time before Ash vs. Virgil can begin will not take anything more than 7-8 minutes. The writers have sufficient time to show Ash vs. Virgil for sure!
    8. Lucario also got his moment as Lucario by beating Snivy and as Riolu by beating Unfezant! They did not evolve him against Pikachu but against Snivy. He could have beaten pikachu if he evolved against it so he is most likely to lose!
    9. Most importantly, THE WRITERS WOULD NOT DETERIORATE AN EXPERIENCED TRAINER IN ASH TO TOP 8 AND LET A PIGGY-HEAD IN CAMERON ADVANCE TO TOP 4!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Dude, you're making me cry

Also, who the heck's Camaron? xD
    IGN: Carlos
    FC: 0903-2783-6541

[CENTER]SIGNATURE SOON...[/COLOR]

Quote Originally Posted by ludiloco View Post
    A fresh start has to be with a different main character going on an adventure.

If new kids come with each generation, what's the point of keeping the same protagonist since gen1?

Dude, you're making me cry

Also, who the heck's Camaron? xD
    Kotetsu's dub name
    My Pokemon Teams
    Pokemon Platinum Version

Pokemon Black Version 2

I'm an Atheist and I'm proud to be one if you are one too paste this in your signature

You sir are truly a voice of reason. Someone who is just as optimistic about ash winning as I am
    My Pokemon Teams
    Pokemon Platinum Version

Pokemon Black Version 2

I'm an Atheist and I'm proud to be one if you are one too paste this in your signature

Yet only just managed to defeat Roxie with 6 pokémon to 3?

Ash has lost to some truly spectacular idiots, Cameron aint got nothing to worry about.

By that logic, neither does Lucario (not to mention the evolutionary boost to his performance.)

Your kidding? Did you or the other guy even watch the Sinnoh league?

Nobody's have won the league before, time and time again. Infact for a few of them we only briefly saw a flash of the victors face.

Surely the last battle of the league would span out a little longer though?
    Opinion.

Or they wanted to make the Pikachu/Lucario battle more important as well as giving a valid reason for Pikachu losing.

Pssh, have you seen these writers?

Quote Originally Posted by BlueDragonfangirl View Post
    I always liked what they did with him in AG, it kind of felt new but at the same time he was more mature. In Best Wishes its a big mess, hes not even won a single tournament.
    I feel like Ash will win the final tournament post league. Sort of like that Orange Island competition? I would love for Ash to thrash Kotetsu (or if Trip could) in it. This really is the first rival that I truly cannot stand now.

Name: Arugula
    Adopt one yourself! @Pokémon Orphanage

Quote Originally Posted by jrizza88 View Post
    I feel like Ash will win the final tournament post league. Sort of like that Orange Island competition? I would love for Ash to thrash Kotetsu (or if Trip could) in it. This really is the first rival that I truly cannot stand now.
    He should thrash both of them and show them how good he really is. That would put them in their place
    My Pokemon Teams
    Pokemon Platinum Version

Pokemon Black Version 2

Quote Originally Posted by ShinyPokemon inc. View Post
    He should thrash both of them and show them how good he really is. That would put them in their place
    Yea, I'd like to see Charizard / Kanto Pokemon against Trip for all the Kanto bashing

and Infernape/Sceptile to thrash Lucario, although I am sure Pikachu would be the one to star in this battle...

Sigh it is like if Ash put his pride aside, he would be smart and call back Infernape, Swellow, Snorlax, Charizard, etc. to have bigger threats. I am all for base pokemon being in the battle, but it should just be one per full battle.

Did Pikachu not tie with a Latios, after Sceptile and Swellow had failed to even touch it in the last league?
    OR Playthrough - Route 118

This won't change often.. I play through the games slowly..

Quote Originally Posted by ShinyCharyZard View Post
    Did Pikachu not tie with a Latios, after Sceptile and Swellow had failed to even touch it in the last league?
    Zard and Ape each had 3 victories in a single Full Battle and won the battle for Ash. Pikachu hasn't yet.
    "We are not now that strength which in old days moved earth and heaven. That which we are, we are. One equal temper of heroic hearts. Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will. To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield."
    Thank you FairyWitch for the banner!

Quote Originally Posted by Maldread View Post
    Zard and Ape each had 3 victories in a single Full Battle and won the battle for Ash. Pikachu hasn't yet.
    and a PIkachu does not deserve to do something like that especially since it's power fluctuates more than a yoyo.

Quote Originally Posted by pokemonsquared View Post
    and a PIkachu does not deserve to do something like that especially since it's power fluctuates more than a yoyo.

Well, a triple victory over Samurott/Swanna/Lucario would be on par to drawing against a Latios.
    "We are not now that strength which in old days moved earth and heaven. That which we are, we are. One equal temper of heroic hearts. Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will. To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield."

Well, a triple victory over Samurott/Swanna/Lucario would be on par to drawing against a Latios.
    I agree. It would be nice to see Pikachu pull what they did. But I do think Pikachu winning Ash the Battle Frontier is probably its biggest shining moment more than any other battle it ever had.

A lucario hasnt lost in a battle on screen yet! kotetsu lucario wont be the first either :P

I agree. It would be nice to see Pikachu pull what they did. But I do think Pikachu winning Ash the Battle Frontier is probably its biggest shining moment more than any other battle it ever had.
    That was a great moment. I also liked Pikachu defeating Dragonite - it was a team effort to bring down that beast, but it was such an iconic moment in the show.

Anyway, I just don't want Pikachu to again be the last Pokemon to lose at the League.

That was a great moment. I also liked Pikachu defeating Dragonite - it was a team effort to bring down that beast, but it was such an iconic moment in the show.

Anyway, I just don't want Pikachu to again be the last Pokemon to lose at the League.
    I see what you're saying now. I would honestly like to see it beat Lucario. But if it does, and they somehow squeeze in a quick battle, I think they will pick Pikachu to be the last of Ash's pokemon anyway :/

I sort of predict now that Lucario and Pikachu will tie, but Kotetsu will not be able to go on to the next round because he doesn't have a 6th pokemon?

Btw, that was an amazing battle against Dragonite.

I see what you're saying now. I would honestly like to see it beat Lucario. But if it does, and they somehow squeeze in a quick battle, I think they will pick Pikachu to be the last of Ash's pokemon anyway :/

I sort of predict now that Lucario and Pikachu will tie, but Kotetsu will not be able to go on to the next round because he doesn't have a 6th pokemon?

Btw, that was an amazing battle against Dragonite.

And it's just more than that as well. That combined with this match being just a QF battle, Cameron being some loopy character (not an older, mature individual that Ash could learn from), and Cameron potentially winning with one less Pokemon all makes me want to have to root for Pikachu against Lucario. Oh yeah, and the fact that Cameron has a frickin Samurott, when Ash should have gotten one (stupid marketing).

Page 98 of 99 FirstFirst ... 4888949596979899 LastLast