Results 1 to 13 of 13

Thread: OU and Me

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Land of the Lost
    Posts
    102

    Default OU and Me

    Hey All! Just here to post my newest team which has done quite well so far. So here to share it with you guys and gals. Basically its a clear skies team with some subtle twists, some unusual sets but some usual ones as well just to mix it up.

    .........................................





    Gyarados (F) @ Leftovers
    Trait: Intimidate
    EVs: 152 HP / 168 Def / 188 Spd
    Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
    - Dragon Dance
    - Waterfall
    - Taunt
    - Stone Edge

    Here we have the defensive Gyarados who's main point is to set up on those walling setty uppy pokes, Deoxys-D;Ferro;Blissey etc. A quick taunt and then the defensiveness secures a couple of DD's. EVs done like on smogon as it helps to wall things like conkeldur and the like.

    I am thinking of replacing Stone Edge for bounce as that way i can get at least neutral on ferrothorns as they wall this set pretty well though i can switch out easily to magnezone if a taunt is set up on one so that Magne can then sub-charge beam.



    Magnezone @ Air Balloon
    Trait: Magnet Pull
    EVs: 36 HP / 252 SAtk / 220 Spd
    Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
    - Substitute
    - Thunderbolt
    - Hidden Power [Fire]
    - Charge Beam

    As said before this Magnezone works great with gyarados, not only with weakness covering but with the ability to switch and set up on some of those pesky steel types. I did have HP ice on there though HP fire is what is best for the steels, which was the point of this set.

    The Sub/Charge Beam combo is mainly just for taking advantage of Taunted ferrothorns or taunted skarms etc. In that state they cant switch and are just held to the mercy of the Magne/Gyara combo. Hopefully....



    Celebi @ Leftovers
    Trait: Natural Cure
    EVs: 200 HP / 240 SAtk / 68 Spd
    Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
    - Thunder Wave
    - Leaf Storm
    - Earth Power
    - Recover

    I have used Celebi in the past before but this time decided to go for a more technical one, instead of the usual LO/Scarf sets. This is for mainly covering some of the previous two's weaknesses as well as providing material for togekiss to paraflinch off.

    A Leaf Storm / Earth Power set gives some stab as well as ground coverage to deal with things like heatrans or tentacruels. Recover was there so that Celebi can stay in the game as long as possible so that the opposing team can be weakened and paralysed. ready for the togekiss sweep!



    Donphan (F) @ Leftovers
    Trait: Sturdy
    EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
    Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
    - Rapid Spin
    - Stealth Rock
    - Earthquake
    - Knock Off

    A normal donphan set with the addition of knock off so that items like scarfs/lum berries etc can be removed. Though this does sometimes have a reversed effect the point of it being there can take the opponent by surprise and provide a turning point.

    For the other moves i knew i needed SOME hazards and a spinner and Donphan fitted the bill perfectly. EQ for some extra ooomph.



    Togekiss (M) @ Leftovers
    Trait: Serene Grace
    EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spd
    Gentle Nature (+SDef, -Def)
    - Body Slam
    - Air Slash
    - Aura Sphere
    - Roost

    The most favorite team mate of Celebi. They work great together even though there are some weaknesses shared. The same old paraflinch technique isnt the most reliable in the world though it can save many a match from the depths of despair.

    Roost like Recover for staying in.



    Infernape (M) @ Choice Scarf
    Trait: Blaze
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
    Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
    - U-turn
    - Close Combat
    - Flare Blitz
    - Stone Edge

    My trusty Scarf Nape. As a revenge killer it can work wonders and can provide many a late game sweep. Even though it is predictable its raw power and speed can do well in a tight situation and has the coverage of the rest to make sure that there is something to fall back on. Moves selected after rigorous training to provide ideal coverage.


    ........................

    Ok there it is and here is the exportable if needed by any.

        Spoiler:- Export:

    Push da button

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    11

    Default

    Hey Jhen nice team you have here! I have a few suggestions to make, however.

    I would run Mixape so that you can more effectively deal with the common threats of today's game such as Landorus and Dragonite. The set I use for my MixApe is this:

    Infernape (M) @ Choice Scarf
    Trait: Blaze
    EVs: 180 Atk / 76 SAtk / 252 Spd
    Hasty Nature (+Spd, -Def)
    - Close Combat
    - Fire Blast
    - U-turn
    - Hidden Power [Ice]

    With 30 Hp Ivs and 30 Def Ivs so that you can get a Base Power 70 HP Ice without dropping a Speed Iv and losing vital Speed ties such as Scarf Terrakion.

    To me it seems that your Togekiss is outclassed by everybody's favorite (can you sense my enthusiasm?) pokemon, Jirachi. Jirachi has much better bulk and can stand up to hits that take out Togekiss. Another vital thing that Jirachi has over Togekiss is that it isn't owned by Stealth Rocks which are everywhere in this generation.

    It may be beneficial to run Lum Berry on Gyarados for random stuff such as Thunderwave, Body Slam, Wil-o-Wisp etc that Gyarados really does not like to be taking.

    One more thing. On the Celebi what do those specific Speed Evs actually accomplish? My recommendation is to run 164 Speed Evs so that you outspeed standard Heatran, Lucario and Mamoswine allowing you to nab your OHKO each.

    Best of luck with the team, it looks pretty solid!

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    In A Pine Grove
    Posts
    501

    Default

    This team really wants a special wall so i would go ferrothorn over celebi give donphan max attack and make gyarados the bulky rest talk set with waterfall and dragon tail

    |||||||
    Yellow Lv 36 | Saph Lv 35 | Garnet Lv 35 | Eevee Lv 34 | TDK Lv 38 | APorygonZ Lv 33
    Credit to Blues

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    11

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Usatoday View Post
    This team really wants a special wall so i would go ferrothorn over celebi give donphan max attack and make gyarados the bulky rest talk set with waterfall and dragon tail
    Jirachi acts as a special wall, and one of the best out there if I do say so myself.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Land of the Lost
    Posts
    102

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kody View Post
    Hey Jhen nice team you have here! I have a few suggestions to make, however.

    I would run Mixape so that you can more effectively deal with the common threats of today's game such as Landorus and Dragonite. The set I use for my MixApe is this:

    Infernape (M) @ Choice Scarf
    Trait: Blaze
    EVs: 180 Atk / 76 SAtk / 252 Spd
    Hasty Nature (+Spd, -Def)
    - Close Combat
    - Fire Blast
    - U-turn
    - Hidden Power [Ice]

    With 30 Hp Ivs and 30 Def Ivs so that you can get a Base Power 70 HP Ice without dropping a Speed Iv and losing vital Speed ties such as Scarf Terrakion.

    To me it seems that your Togekiss is outclassed by everybody's favorite (can you sense my enthusiasm?) pokemon, Jirachi. Jirachi has much better bulk and can stand up to hits that take out Togekiss. Another vital thing that Jirachi has over Togekiss is that it isn't owned by Stealth Rocks which are everywhere in this generation.

    It may be beneficial to run Lum Berry on Gyarados for random stuff such as Thunderwave, Body Slam, Wil-o-Wisp etc that Gyarados really does not like to be taking.

    One more thing. On the Celebi what do those specific Speed Evs actually accomplish? My recommendation is to run 164 Speed Evs so that you outspeed standard Heatran, Lucario and Mamoswine allowing you to nab your OHKO each.

    Best of luck with the team, it looks pretty solid!
    cool ... i will try those things out

    Quote Originally Posted by Usatoday View Post
    This team really wants a special wall so i would go ferrothorn over celebi give donphan max attack and make gyarados the bulky rest talk set with waterfall and dragon tail
    Quote Originally Posted by kody View Post
    Jirachi acts as a special wall, and one of the best out there if I do say so myself.
    I prefer this Taunt DD set over rest talk as it gives more oppurtunities imo

    and yeah will try the jirachi stuff out and if it doesnt work, will implement ferro

    Push da button

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Nowhere
    Posts
    694

    Default

    id just like to say, full rate later, but scarf genesect is arguably better than magnzone. much less set-up bait as well.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    11

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by thedarklord2155 View Post
    id just like to say, full rate later, but scarf genesect is arguably better than magnzone. much less set-up bait as well.
    Scarf Genesect and Sub Charge Magnezone serve completely different roles. Once Magnezone comes in on something, say a Ferrothorn or Jirachi that can't touch it, Magnezone Subs up and continues to get a +6 and is pretty much ensuring an OHKO of the next Pokemon that comes in too. I think the Sub Charge Mag plays its role here quite well.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Nowhere
    Posts
    694

    Default

    and then a dd dragonite comes in on it and sets up. i think i know what im talking about. genesect can also check so many things better than zone ever can. yeah, zone traps and koes steels. thats about it. genesect can revenge kill just about anything.

    the bad thing about trappers, is that they are easily revenge killed. genesect is slippery enough to almost never be koed, outside non-standard scarf users or great prediction.

    and if you let a magnezone get to +6, as well as a sub, then you play badly, and should probably find better competition.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    513

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by thedarklord2155 View Post
    and then a dd dragonite comes in on it and sets up. i think i know what im talking about. genesect can also check so many things better than zone ever can. yeah, zone traps and koes steels. thats about it. genesect can revenge kill just about anything.

    the bad thing about trappers, is that they are easily revenge killed. genesect is slippery enough to almost never be koed, outside non-standard scarf users or great prediction.

    and if you let a magnezone get to +6, as well as a sub, then you play badly, and should probably find better competition.
    On Magnezone, +6 and a sub isn't that hard to achieve. Zone sets up on Ferrothorn, Scizor locked into BP, SDef Jirachi and jsut about any Jirachi that only uses Iron and Body Slam/CSRachi locked into Ice Punch/Iron head, and CSGenesect locked into anything but Flamethrower (and U-Turn but you are almost never "locked" into U-Turn). Which I guess is a specific-ish list, but most are the most common sets. I haven't ran into any RPGenesects, plus Magnezone at +6 has 75% chance to OHKO DNIte with Multi-Scale. That is just for the set itself. It does work.

    I'd use Leftovers>Air Balloon due to more reliability and your not going to set-up on anything because of it. The only thing it does is force Garchomp to Outrage. I'd also use Hp[Ice]>Fire as you should try to set-up on Scizor instead of kill it outright, Plus, TBolt is still a 2HKO if you really need it.
    Last edited by Hakallowin; 22nd October 2012 at 5:49 PM.

    "It's time to see what I can do. Test the limits and break through!"

    PoshSprout Nariya's Head Mage
    Credit to FairyWitch and GTA for the art!

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Nowhere
    Posts
    694

    Default

    i know it works. ive used it before. im just saying that either a scarf genesect or a rock polish set might work better.

    Genesect @Life Orb
    - Download -
    Jolly
    252 SpA/ 4 SpD/ 252 speed
    - Rock Polish
    - Ice Beam/Flamethrower
    - Thunderbolt/Flamethrower
    - Bug Buzz

    customize it how you will. this much better protects you from HO teams, as you can set up on deoxys-d, and ohko back with bug buzz.

    i also recommend the change stated above, SpD Jirachi over togekiss. it will grant you better bulk, t-wave support for gyarados, and will knock out that sr weakness you have going.

    ice shard>Knock off on donphan. knock off doesn't really do much, and priority, however weak, is needed to take care of any +1,+2, etc dragons, as well as checking landorus, landorus-t, thunderus-t, and tornadus-t(to an extent)

  11. #11

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by thedarklord2155 View Post
    and then a dd dragonite comes in on it and sets up. i think i know what im talking about. genesect can also check so many things better than zone ever can. yeah, zone traps and koes steels. thats about it. genesect can revenge kill just about anything.

    the bad thing about trappers, is that they are easily revenge killed. genesect is slippery enough to almost never be koed, outside non-standard scarf users or great prediction.

    and if you let a magnezone get to +6, as well as a sub, then you play badly, and should probably find better competition.
    Lol and then Dnite comes in and sets up, actually no thunderbolt beats it at +6 easily and if it carries HP ice over fire then dnite stands no chance. Also if you get a +6 on a ferrothorn that doesnt mean your competition is bad. What happens if thorn kills something and you send in mag theres nothing thorn can do to it so it doesnt mean your bad.

    *Credit Goes To Sworn Metalhead*

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Nowhere
    Posts
    694

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jr Breshears View Post
    Lol and then Dnite comes in and sets up,
    dnite was just an example. it was the first thing to come to my mind.

    actually no thunderbolt beats it at +6 easily and if it carries HP ice over fire then dnite stands no chance.
    again, it was just an example.
    Also if you get a +6 on a ferrothorn that doesnt mean your competition is bad. What happens if thorn kills something and you send in mag theres nothing thorn can do to it so it doesnt mean your bad.
    the fact that you kept thorn out at all shows your bad. its not all that hard to figure out when he/she is going to switch to zone.

    now, may i kindly ask that if you arent rating, dont comment on what i said? i'd like to not get a spamming infraction. thank you.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Land of the Lost
    Posts
    102

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by thedarklord2155 View Post
    id just like to say, full rate later, but scarf genesect is arguably better than magnzone. much less set-up bait as well.
    the point of magnezone is completely different to how i would use genesect
    though genesect and especially the use of scarf or even the rock polish one could work well in this team

    Quote Originally Posted by kody View Post
    Scarf Genesect and Sub Charge Magnezone serve completely different roles. Once Magnezone comes in on something, say a Ferrothorn or Jirachi that can't touch it, Magnezone Subs up and continues to get a +6 and is pretty much ensuring an OHKO of the next Pokemon that comes in too. I think the Sub Charge Mag plays its role here quite well.
    this

    Quote Originally Posted by thedarklord2155 View Post
    and then a dd dragonite comes in on it and sets up. i think i know what im talking about. genesect can also check so many things better than zone ever can. yeah, zone traps and koes steels. thats about it. genesect can revenge kill just about anything.

    the bad thing about trappers, is that they are easily revenge killed. genesect is slippery enough to almost never be koed, outside non-standard scarf users or great prediction.

    and if you let a magnezone get to +6, as well as a sub, then you play badly, and should probably find better competition.

    with hp ice AND a sub it cant set up
    but the only problem i have with magnezone is it can only get 2 kills max as it has such pooor speed


    Quote Originally Posted by Hax_R_Us View Post
    On Magnezone, +6 and a sub isn't that hard to achieve. Zone sets up on Ferrothorn, Scizor locked into BP, SDef Jirachi and jsut about any Jirachi that only uses Iron and Body Slam/CSRachi locked into Ice Punch/Iron head, and CSGenesect locked into anything but Flamethrower (and U-Turn but you are almost never "locked" into U-Turn). Which I guess is a specific-ish list, but most are the most common sets. I haven't ran into any RPGenesects, plus Magnezone at +6 has 75% chance to OHKO DNIte with Multi-Scale. That is just for the set itself. It does work.

    I'd use Leftovers>Air Balloon due to more reliability and your not going to set-up on anything because of it. The only thing it does is force Garchomp to Outrage. I'd also use Hp[Ice]>Fire as you should try to set-up on Scizor instead of kill it outright, Plus, TBolt is still a 2HKO if you really need it.
    yeah ... i thought i did have it as hp ice anyway those changes would work well

    Quote Originally Posted by thedarklord2155 View Post
    i know it works. ive used it before. im just saying that either a scarf genesect or a rock polish set might work better.

    Genesect @Life Orb
    - Download -
    Jolly
    252 SpA/ 4 SpD/ 252 speed
    - Rock Polish
    - Ice Beam/Flamethrower
    - Thunderbolt/Flamethrower
    - Bug Buzz

    customize it how you will. this much better protects you from HO teams, as you can set up on deoxys-d, and ohko back with bug buzz.

    i also recommend the change stated above, SpD Jirachi over togekiss. it will grant you better bulk, t-wave support for gyarados, and will knock out that sr weakness you have going.

    ice shard>Knock off on donphan. knock off doesn't really do much, and priority, however weak, is needed to take care of any +1,+2, etc dragons, as well as checking landorus, landorus-t, thunderus-t, and tornadus-t(to an extent)
    Hmmm i might try that genesect set out
    and ice shard would be better

    Quote Originally Posted by Jr Breshears View Post
    Lol and then Dnite comes in and sets up, actually no thunderbolt beats it at +6 easily and if it carries HP ice over fire then dnite stands no chance. Also if you get a +6 on a ferrothorn that doesnt mean your competition is bad. What happens if thorn kills something and you send in mag theres nothing thorn can do to it so it doesnt mean your bad.
    hmmm

    Quote Originally Posted by thedarklord2155 View Post
    dnite was just an example. it was the first thing to come to my mind.

    again, it was just an example.

    the fact that you kept thorn out at all shows your bad. its not all that hard to figure out when he/she is going to switch to zone.

    now, may i kindly ask that if you arent rating, dont comment on what i said? i'd like to not get a spamming infraction. thank you.
    lol

    Push da button

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •