Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: The How I Met Your Mother thread

Default The How I Met Your Mother thread

Hi guys! I'm not sure if this exists already, but if it does just close this.
    If you haven't watched season 8 or even season 7 and don't want any spoilers you should be careful here.

So this is a thread to discuss and state our opinions on HIMYM!!! You can say everything, from favorite character to favorite episode, of coursea bit of explanation would be good. Are you enjoying season 8? Why did you start watching? Where do you watch it? Any favorite moments? Himym is possible one of the most famous tv shows and I'm surprised I didn't see it around here unless I missed it or it's somewhere else.

Well, to start off with my opinions.
    My favorite character is Barney, for obvious reasons, he's hilarious and I absolutely love him! xD I love every episode about him, especially the Playbook, the     Spoiler:- Season 7-8:
    , the episodes about his dad, absolutely everything!
    I have several favorite episodes. "Subway Wars", the "The Playbook", "Robin 101", "Sweet Taste of Liberty" , "Blitzgiving", all the slap bet episodes,     Spoiler:- Season 8 episode:
    and many others.     Spoiler:- Season 8:
    . Favorite moments have to be the slap bets, and basically anytime Barney hooks up with girls, but Marshall and Lily moments are also very funny. I watch it on the internet since I can't watch it on TV because I am not American/have american tv.

Yeh, basically you can discuss anything about it here.

EDIT: Since most people posting here are watching the season 8 as it airs there's really no need to add the spoiler tags anymore
    Last edited by TheSirPeras; 24th February 2013 at 10:21 AM.
    I wonder who will still be active in the forums 3 years from now, from the people that are active now.

This season hasn't been off to the greatest start seriously. You can tell the Godparent episode was just terrible. While the other ones besides the end of the first episode were just plain boring. Hoping for an episode this season that shows shades of Classic HIMYM like Ducky Tie did last season.

i love this show

i havent seen many of the newer episodes though.

i cant think of anything off the top of my head but this show is flat out funny. XD
    Live long and prosper

I am one of Jehovah's Witnesses.
    If you have a question about my religion, or wish to discuss my religion, the Bible, or anything related to this topic, feel free to PM or VM me or take a look at the information in my profile.

Quote Originally Posted by ansem the wise View Post
    i havent seen many of the newer episodes though.
    Why not...?

Quote Originally Posted by Endoplasmic Reticulum View Post
    Why not...?
    i dont have cable or netflix or anything like that, so i only what they play on CW50.
    which is usually the older episodes.
    in fact just yesterday i saw the episode where marshall ruined punchy's wedding. XD
    like all the other episodes, it was hilarious.
    Live long and prosper

If you have a question about my religion, or wish to discuss my religion, the Bible, or anything related to this topic, feel free to PM or VM me or take a look at the information in my profile.

Quote Originally Posted by ansem the wise View Post
    i dont have cable or netflix or anything like that, so i only what they play on CW50.
    which is usually the older episodes.
    in fact just yesterday i saw the episode where marshall ruined punchy's wedding. XD
    like all the other episodes, it was hilarious.
    Two episodes after that one is the Ducky Tie episode. A true HIMYM classic. That episode could definitely hang with the old seasons of HIMYM.

I am regular watching this show and now i am watching fifth season of this show and i am enjoying a lot. In this show i like the acting of Jason Segel. I love his acting in this show.

I remember seeing this episode where they went to see so dude fight a robot. I want that to happen in real life. XD

i just saw the episode where marshall refuses the job from that big company, and lily is in a pile of debt XD
    Live long and prosper

HA I wasn't sure how many fans this show had left, most people just complain about it now. I've been enjoying this season cuz I ship RobinxBarney and look forward to see what happens between them in the future, they are kind of like RossxRachel of Friends.

Ash fan. Luffy fan. Gintoki fan-Gintama. Endou fan-Inazuma Eleven.
    Multi Luffy {One Piece} and Ash {Pokemon} Shippers.

THANK GODDDD!!! i was LOOKING for this thread cuz IIII LOOOVE HIMYM! this show is beautiful cuz its so ******* funny! but to deviate from the show for a sec, the guy who plays ted (i forgot his name): he comes out in "not another teen movie", which i was watching today, and i was like, "holy **** it's ted!" i was excited cuz it was the first time i saw ted outside of the show

Quote Originally Posted by BlueDragonfangirl
    HA I wasn't sure how many fans this show had left, most people just complain about it now. I've been enjoying this season cuz I ship RobinxBarney and look forward to see what happens between them in the future, they are kind of like RossxRachel of Friends.
    I'm not sure if shipping is the right word, since it's not imagined; it's a real relationship and real chemistry. poor, ted though. my dude gotta get over robin

and ross and Rachel? you're comparing these 2 couples synonymously? as phoebe would say "[laugh] please"
    If you think the Sinnoh saga has been the best saga of the whole show, copy and paste this into your signature (started by FlameRose)

I love recognizing InuYasha VA's from Megaman NT Warrior and vice-versa

Typhlosion & Gold 4Ever

I enjoy the show overall, but really, I'm ready for us to meet Ted's eventual wife already. After eight seasons, his story arc is beginning to feel really tired. I mean, how much longer can the show really go at this point with putting him in one doomed relationship after another? That's why I hope this season is the last one.
    Last edited by charizardfan; 24th November 2012 at 11:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by charizardfan View Post
    I enjoy the show overall, but really, I'm ready for us to meet Ted's eventual wife already. After eight seasons, his story arc is beginning to feel really tired. I mean, how much longer can the show really go at this point with putting him in one doomed relationship after another? That's why I hope this season is the last one.
    that's not gonna happen
        Spoiler:

plus, they will probably say which season is the last, which i think will be 9, for reasons i said above and cuz i don't think it has the fanbase to make it to season 10, though i secretly wish it could cuz himym is definitely the friends of this generation, which i have yet to find a thread for.

btw, @charizardfan, fancy running into you here
    If you think the Sinnoh saga has been the best saga of the whole show, copy and paste this into your signature (started by FlameRose)

Typhlosion & Gold 4Ever

They're actually not entirely sure whether there will be a ninth season or not...I think they're waiting for midseason ratings to see how to wrap this season up.

I personally think that Ted will meet the mother at the end of this season, and the question will become whether they make an entire season of getting to know the mother, or if they'll end it with the fatal meeting and then cut to credits.
    I am not worried, Harry. I am with you.

^This is my new fanfic. It's a work in progress, so please read and comment at your discretion. I hope you like it. I think you will.

Many, many thanks to Mew, who created this exceptional banner!

Harry Potter and How I Met Your Mother are currently my life.

Quote Originally Posted by Bulba the Great! View Post
    They're actually not entirely sure whether there will be a ninth season or not...I think they're waiting for midseason rating to see how to wrap this season up.

I personally think that Ted will meet the mother at the end of this season, and the question will become whether they make an entire season of getting to know the mother, or if they'll end it with the fatal meeting and then cut to credits.
        Spoiler:

with the meeting of the mother, i really can't say what they're gonna do. if they end it there, then it's kinda anticlimactic, but if they keep going, then the story's? gonna get really dull without the purpose of trying to find out who the mother is

but these are the ratings:

EPS 801: 8.84 (million views)
    EPS 802: 8.17
    EPS 803: 7.82
    EPS 804: 7.93
    EPS 805: 7.22
    EPS 806: 7.95
    EPS 807: 7.45

so if the ratings keep going like this, i guess it'll only be 9 seasons. at this point i hope they end it after ted meets the mother cuz i loved the teaser at the end of episode 801

Typhlosion & Gold 4Ever

Quote Originally Posted by flamebeam View Post
        Spoiler:
        Spoiler:- Barney/Robin:

And, yeah, it's pretty certain that Ted will be meeting "the mother" at the end of this season. The question is whether or not we'll meet her, or if they'll find a way to drag that out for a 9th season (which I'd be against). I don't think we'll be seeing them actually dating, though. The show is more about seeing Ted develop into the kind of person who married "the mother", not her necessarily.

after a lot, LOT of research, i understand why this could be and is most likely the last season. the truth is i think himym is too good for 8 seasons. everybody loves raymond did 9. friends did 10. cheers did 11. himym can do 9, since that seems to be the minimum of every classic show.

Quote Originally Posted by charizardfan
        Spoiler:- Barney/Robin:
        Spoiler:

anyways, the writers are happy either way if season 8/9 is the last one.

Spoiler:- Tonight's Episode Preview:

Spoiler:

Typhlosion & Gold 4Ever

Tonight's episode was the best of the season so far.

Edit: Just realized they messed up severely with Scooter. Specifically his name. Season 2 it was Bill and now it's Jeff? WTF?
    Last edited by Taichi; 27th November 2012 at 7:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Taichi View Post
    Tonight's episode was the best of the season so far.

Edit: Just realized they messed up severely with Scooter. Specifically his name. Season 2 it was Bill and now it's Jeff? WTF?
    Middle name, perhaps? :P
    I am not worried, Harry. I am with you.

^This is my new fanfic. It's a work in progress, so please read and comment at your discretion. I hope you like it. I think you will.

Many, many thanks to Mew, who created this exceptional banner!

Harry Potter and How I Met Your Mother are currently my life.

any episode featuring robin sparkles, even for just a minute, is a win for me. lol the way she accepted that trophy. marhsall's note card jokes were a funny plus

Typhlosion & Gold 4Ever

Oh my god, Robin looking like Lara Croft. THAT's hot.

Quote Originally Posted by Taichi View Post
    Oh my god, Robin looking like Lara Croft. THAT's hot.
    yeah i thought that was awesome. i can't believe that "the guy robin likes" was on a date with you-know-who (whew! no.spoilers) I'm truly unconvinced by it

Typhlosion & Gold 4Ever

Spoiler:- Last episode aired:
    I wonder who will still be active in the forums 3 years from now, from the people that are active now.

I really lost track of this show. I only really have time to catch the odd rerun now and again.

Quote Originally Posted by Chu Chu Jelly View Post
    mods are like the animals at the zoo. fun observe and sometimes throw peanuts at. some of them are even scary at first but after going back and seeing them a few times you realize that they arent. you even realize that some of them may be painfully boring.

Question - do we need the spoiler tags? The episode aired already, and we can probably assume that most people who are going to be posting in this thread have had the chance to see it. Besides, nothing happens that really requires them.

Last Monday's episode was good, but I honestly enjoyed the Ted/Lily/Marshall subplot more than the main one. This is where HIMYM's storytelling methods betray it a bit. We know what the end result is going to be, thanks to the S7 finale and the S8 premiere, so a lot of the stuff in between just feels like padding done just to waste time. I get that it's necessary, but it's still a "when are they going to get to the fireworks factory!?" thing for me. Still amusing enough, though. Robin's hatred of Partice was my favorite part of the episode.
    Last edited by charizardfan; 6th December 2012 at 8:40 AM.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast