Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: The How I Met Your Mother thread

Why are they going for a ninth season? God, it's literally One Tree Hill all over again. Hopefully, number 9 is the last. Sadly, the second half might suffer severely because of this greenlit season 9.

how are they gonna delay this for another year?: a question everyone is asking

this is what we know: they originally planned on ending it this season, and now they're not. from this, it can be said that the first 12 episodes of season 8 were headed to the series finale. in addition, the last 12 episodes of season 8 would have been the final chapter. with that, this is my prediction:

Spoiler:
    Last edited by flamebeam; 23rd December 2012 at 1:12 AM.
    If you think the Sinnoh saga has been the best saga of the whole show, copy and paste this into your signature (started by FlameRose)

I love recognizing InuYasha VA's from Megaman NT Warrior and vice-versa

Typhlosion & Gold 4Ever

How I Met Your Mother returns tonight. From my TV Guide, here's a summary of what we can expect tonight:

When Robin finds out that Barney never asked her father for his permission before proposing, she insists that he seeks his approval before going public with their engagement; Ted keeps his feelings hidden by throwing himself into the wedding planning.
    I don't remember a lot of episodes involving Robin's dad, so that's going to be interesting. I'm still disappointed that HIMYM got renewed and we'll probably not meet "the mother" until next year, but it'll still be interesting to see what's going to happen at the wedding at the end of the season.

I honestly dont care about ted meeting his wife, i just like the show for the comedy.

and robin and her dad have "issues" so i can see her wanting to get his approval.
    Live long and prosper

I am one of Jehovah's Witnesses.
    If you have a question about my religion, or wish to discuss my religion, the Bible, or anything related to this topic, feel free to PM or VM me or take a look at the information in my profile.

Quote Originally Posted by charizardfan View Post
    How I Met Your Mother returns tonight. From my TV Guide, here's a summary of what we can expect tonight:

I don't remember a lot of episodes involving Robin's dad, so that's going to be interesting. I'm still disappointed that HIMYM got renewed and we'll probably not meet "the mother" until next year, but it'll still be interesting to see what's going to happen at the wedding at the end of the season.
    http://www.hypable.com/2013/01/12/cb...uing-season-9/

"As for whether season 9 will be the series’ last, Tassler has an interesting reply. She says, “it’s funny, we talked the other day [about], ‘[Will] people watch the show beyond knowing the mother?’ I bet there are a lot of people that would continue to watch after that.”

Not only does this imply that the network is indeed considering extending the series even further, but also that we will indeed meet the mother in season 9."

sorry to disappoint you, but you might have to wait another year

Quote Originally Posted by ansem the wise View Post
    I honestly dont care about ted meeting his wife, i just like the show for the comedy.

and robin and her dad have "issues" so i can see her wanting to get his approval.
    totally agree 100%, except the part about caring about ted meeting his wife. i do actually care, but i really don't mind meeting the mother later. this episode tonight looks like it's gonna be really funny. robin seeking her dad's approval, barney being scared, and this picture:

Spoiler:- Funny Picture:
    Last edited by flamebeam; 14th January 2013 at 10:02 PM.
    If you think the Sinnoh saga has been the best saga of the whole show, copy and paste this into your signature (started by FlameRose)

Typhlosion & Gold 4Ever

Quote Originally Posted by flamebeam View Post
    http://www.hypable.com/2013/01/12/cb...uing-season-9/

"As for whether season 9 will be the series’ last, Tassler has an interesting reply. She says, “it’s funny, we talked the other day [about], ‘[Will] people watch the show beyond knowing the mother?’ I bet there are a lot of people that would continue to watch after that.”

Not only does this imply that the network is indeed considering extending the series even further, but also that we will indeed meet the mother in season 9."

sorry to disappoint you, but you might have to wait another year
    Well that's pretty much what I said, we won't be meeting "the mother" until the 9th season, probably at the very end. And that's extremely disappointing. Given where the characters are in this series, closure almost seems like a necessity by now.

And honestly, extending the series past that is probably the point where I'm going to stop watching. The point of HIMYM is Ted's journey towards meeting his wife, not what happens after.
    Last edited by charizardfan; 14th January 2013 at 10:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by charizardfan View Post
    Well that's pretty much what I said, we won't be meeting "the mother" until the 9th season, probably at the very end. And that's extremely disappointing. Given where the characters are in this series, closure almost seems like a necessity by now.

And honestly, extending the series past that is probably the point where I'm going to stop watching. The point of HIMYM is Ted's journey towards meeting his wife, not what happens after.
    you said probably. this is pretty indisputable proof that we will definitely meet the mother at the end of season 9, which i consider big news, and I'm surprised this hasn't gotten any backlash

Typhlosion & Gold 4Ever

Damn, I love this programme so much: I watch it at E4 in the U.K. Yeah, I want to see his wife pretty soon!
    Pokemon X: 1435 - 4013 - 1487 (,,)
    Pokemon Black 2 FC: 0176 - 2024 - 4651

I am searching for the following Pokemon
    (Modest), (Modest), (Hasty/Naive), (Timid/Jolly/Hasty/Naive), (Timid/Modest), (Jolly/Adamant)

I can provide you with the following Pokemon…
    (Timid), (Jolly), (Timid), (Rash), (Bold), (Careful), (Relaxed with Seismic Toss).

I’m also offering a legit Shiny with the egg move reversal. Looking for a good natured shiny in return!

you said probably. this is pretty indisputable proof that we will definitely meet the mother at the end of season 9, which i consider big news, and I'm surprised this hasn't gotten any backlash
        Spoiler:- Mother:
    I wonder who will still be active in the forums 3 years from now, from the people that are active now.

Quote Originally Posted by TheSirPeras View Post
        Spoiler:- Mother:
        Spoiler:- We're still doing these?:

Typhlosion & Gold 4Ever

Spoiler:- We're still doing these?:
    Im glad you brought up the whole judge thing, I was realy disapointed the dropped that, I know we will probably get it resolved by the end of the season, but I still wanna' know if marsh-madness got to be on.
    3DS FC:4253-3982-7075 ~ MAL ~ Kid Icarus club ~ Attack on Titan club ~ Xat New Leaf dream code: 4800 2561 7674

Quote Originally Posted by jonman721 View Post
    Im glad you brought up the whole judge thing, I was realy disapointed the dropped that, I know we will probably get it resolved by the end of the season, but I still wanna' know if marsh-madness got to be on.
    well the show seems to always portray Marshall as this amazing lawyer. the only difficulty he's ever had in his career was finding a job, but he's always shown good lawyer skills and knowledge in the workplace. he'll become a judge eventually

Typhlosion & Gold 4Ever

well the show seems to always portray Marshall as this amazing lawyer. the only difficulty he's ever had in his career was finding a job, but he's always shown good lawyer skills and knowledge in the workplace. he'll become a judge eventually
    I have no doubt that he will become a lawyer, I just thought that they would resolve the decision an episode or two later.

Pertaining to the most recent episode, honestly I really hope that ted and robin do not get back together, as a long time fan, I think its a horible idea, what would be nice is having a scene later in the season with lily painting and maybe that lesbian experience with robin
    3DS FC:4253-3982-7075 ~ MAL ~ Kid Icarus club ~ Attack on Titan club ~ Xat New Leaf dream code: 4800 2561 7674

I have no doubt that he will become a lawyer, I just thought that they would resolve the decision an episode or two later.

Pertaining to the most recent episode, honestly I really hope that ted and robin do not get back together, as a long time fan, I think its a horible idea, what would be nice is having a scene later in the season with lily painting and maybe that lesbian experience with robin
    i don't think they'll get back together. remember that robin doesn't have kids, for one thing. also, i was watching season 5 reruns today and there really is a special bond between robin and barney. if you think about robin and ted, it was ted who loved robin way more than she loved him. for ted, robin was the closest person to his perfect woman out of all the people he's dated, which is why he hasn't gotten over her yet, because he's never met anyone better than robin... yet. and besides, robin doesn't love ted, as she made clear in "no pressure". but she has shown time and again that she loves barney.

so at first i wasn't too thrilled about ted meeting the mother this season instead of season 9, but this website has made some good points. they name 5 reasons why ted should get to know the mother season 9:

1. First dates. Ted has put on some great shows for Robin and Stella when he dated them. How could he top his own A-game for the mother?

2. The Robin interaction. Victoria made a big deal out of Ted's friendship with Robin. (Sure, she can't be blamed.) It would be great to see how the mother would feel around Robin while she's still single, but it looks like it's not going to happen. Still, it would be nice to know what she'd think of Ted's ex-girlfriend and best friend.

3. The fights, the lows, the lessons learned. After a series of relationships, what had Ted taken away from his past relationships? It would be fun to see that nothing of all the things he learned from his past relationships applied to his relationship with "the one."

4. The porch scene with the gang. Lily has previously pulled some stunts when Ted was dating someone she couldn't sit with at the family porch when they're old and gray. It would be nice to see this porch scene in present-day narration.

5. The kids' questions. Those two kids Ted has been talking to all these years should finally ask some questions. Dating anecdotes, revelation of quirks, things they didn't know about their mother. There's a lot of room for comedy. The audience, aware that Season 9 is the last, won't mind - as long as the stories are genuinely funny.

http://au.ibtimes.com/articles/42546...m#.UPoW2WdOk94
    Last edited by flamebeam; 19th January 2013 at 4:10 AM.

Typhlosion & Gold 4Ever

i don't think they'll get back together. remember that robin doesn't have kids, for one thing. also, i was watching season 5 reruns today and there really is a special bond between robin and barney. if you think about robin and ted, it was ted who loved robin way more than she loved him. for ted, robin was the closest person to his perfect woman out of all the people he's dated, which is why he hasn't gotten over her yet, because he's never met anyone better than robin... yet. and besides, robin doesn't love ted, as she made clear in "no pressure". but she has shown time and again that she loves barney.

so at first i wasn't too thrilled about ted meeting the mother this season instead of season 9, but this website has made some good points. they name 5 reasons why ted should get to know the mother season 9:

1. First dates. Ted has put on some great shows for Robin and Stella when he dated them. How could he top his own A-game for the mother?

2. The Robin interaction. Victoria made a big deal out of Ted's friendship with Robin. (Sure, she can't be blamed.) It would be great to see how the mother would feel around Robin while she's still single, but it looks like it's not going to happen. Still, it would be nice to know what she'd think of Ted's ex-girlfriend and best friend.

3. The fights, the lows, the lessons learned. After a series of relationships, what had Ted taken away from his past relationships? It would be fun to see that nothing of all the things he learned from his past relationships applied to his relationship with "the one."

4. The porch scene with the gang. Lily has previously pulled some stunts when Ted was dating someone she couldn't sit with at the family porch when they're old and gray. It would be nice to see this porch scene in present-day narration.

5. The kids' questions. Those two kids Ted has been talking to all these years should finally ask some questions. Dating anecdotes, revelation of quirks, things they didn't know about their mother. There's a lot of room for comedy. The audience, aware that Season 9 is the last, won't mind - as long as the stories are genuinely funny.

http://au.ibtimes.com/articles/42546...m#.UPoW2WdOk94
    That article brings up some good points, I wouldn't mind a season of getting to know the mother. My thing is that the whole essence of the show is based on who the mother is, like I said, I wouldnt mind and would enjoy it, but Im not quite sure how they would pull it off.

so the "barney's half-sister" theory has finally been disproved. hopefully i will no longer read people saying "what's the point of watching the show when everyone knows the mother is barney's half-sister?" because that was stupid and i never believed it. and i think that wedding scene in the end was a tease for the writers for the believers of that theory. that was my favorite part of the episode. otherwise, it was ok

Typhlosion & Gold 4Ever

Rather good episode, I liked barneys development on this one. Though Im sad that we wont see barney being barney anymore.

so season 9 is OFFICIALLY confirmed to be the next AND last season. i wonder how many episodes it would be?

Typhlosion & Gold 4Ever

Probably the normal amount, I dont think they wold rush/extend the ending.

I kinda dont want the show to end, Ive seen every episode at least 5 times over

Probably the normal amount, I dont think they wold rush/extend the ending.

I kinda dont want the show to end, Ive seen every episode at least 5 times over
    since i just started watching himym last year, i don't really want it to end, either. but i think season 9 will have less episodes, like 16. most if the shows I've seen have a short last season. plus, season 9 almost didn't happen because jason segel didn't want it, meaning he'll probably be busy. so i would guess like 16

Typhlosion & Gold 4Ever

This season is kinda of a flop tbh.

Quote Originally Posted by Takeo View Post
    This season is kinda of a flop tbh.
    It has really been on a downward turn ever since about Season 5, but that's 95% of TV shows out there.
    The average person after entering #spp-misc
    3DS Friend Code 4656-5949-1831

Agreed, but it has had it's moments at least.

I really liked the 12th and 13th episodes. 2 weeks ago was okay. but that's true what sogeking said about most shows. these seasons will be popular in a few years once nostalgia kicks in. but i have high hopes about robin sparkles Monday

Typhlosion & Gold 4Ever

Quote Originally Posted by Takeo View Post
    Agreed, but it has had it's moments at least.
    Well How I Met Your Mother hasn't fallen that far unlike shows like The Office so it does have good episodes from time to time. Having Ted stuck in a storyline like his really hurts him though, along with one of the creators not liking Barney and Robin together and wishing Robin was the mother.
    The average person after entering #spp-misc
    3DS Friend Code 4656-5949-1831

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast