Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: The How I Met Your Mother thread

Quote Originally Posted by charizardfan View Post
    Question - do we need the spoiler tags? The episode aired already, and we can probably assume that most people who are going to be posting in this thread have had the chance to see it. Besides, nothing happens that really requires them.
    well, according to the maker of this thread: " If you haven't watched season 8 or even season 7 and don't want any spoilers you should be careful here" So he says for people to tread carefully with spoilers in this thread, but then he goes on to use multiple spoiler tags, so i figured that was the rule. And i felt bad for people who may have wanted to.participate in this thread but are afraid to because of spoilers

A New World Order: Birth of a Prophecy

Credit to Brutaka

I enjoy the show overall, but really, I'm ready for us to meet Ted's eventual wife already. After eight seasons, his story arc is beginning to feel really tired. I mean, how much longer can the show really go at this point with putting him in one doomed relationship after another? That's why I hope this season is the last one.
    I agree with this, although I haven't seen many of the newer episodes tbh.

My girlfriend got me hooked on this show around 2 years ago, we marathoned all 5 seasons (as there were at the time), watched season 6 as it came out. I must admit we really loved the show, but the TV execs messed things up for me. The entire premise of this show is based upon a mystery, so when you know the show will be back for 2-3 more seasons, then the mystery isn't nearly as appealing.
    I think the show will play out in either one of two ways. The mother will be revealed in the very last episode, or you will meet the mother in the last season and they will expand on that storyline until the very last episode of the season.
    We watched some of season 7 but I feel as though they have let the storylines become more and more deriative. The entire point of the show is to meet these kids' mother, but if you know the show is coming back for another season after this, then why would they introduce such a major plot point? The answer is they wouldn't.
    What they should have done is left everyone in the dark as to if the show is going to come back next season, but that would never happen.
    PSN: DCCBruceWayneSAS
    3DS Friend Code: 5129-0459-2616

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Elliot View Post
    My girlfriend got me hooked on this show around 2 years ago, we marathoned all 5 seasons (as there were at the time), watched season 6 as it came out. I must admit we really loved the show, but the TV execs messed things up for me. The entire premise of this show is based upon a mystery, so when you know the show will be back for 2-3 more seasons, then the mystery isn't nearly as appealing.
    I think the show will play out in either one of two ways. The mother will be revealed in the very last episode, or you will meet the mother in the last season and they will expand on that storyline until the very last episode of the season.
    We watched some of season 7 but I feel as though they have let the storylines become more and more deriative. The entire point of the show is to meet these kids' mother, but if you know the show is coming back for another season after this, then why would they introduce such a major plot point? The answer is they wouldn't.
    What they should have done is left everyone in the dark as to if the show is going to come back next season, but that would never happen.
    that definitely makes sense. but this might be the actual last season. so if there were any season to watch, it would be this one, unless they renew the show

Credit to Brutaka

Question - do we need the spoiler tags? The episode aired already, and we can probably assume that most people who are going to be posting in this thread have had the chance to see it. Besides, nothing happens that really requires them.
    Well, in case there are any people that don't want spoilers. Some people prefer to wait until the season airs in their country and others (not Americans like me) watch on the internet. It's just in case there are these cases

so i was watching EPS# 303 "Third Wheel" and i was wondering what everyone thinks:

Did Ted have a threesome?

if you're unfamiliar with the episode, or forgot it, click here for a summary
    Last edited by flamebeam; 8th December 2012 at 1:50 AM.

Credit to Brutaka

I think he did xD He looked pretty happy when he entered the room and IIRC (havent watched the episode in ages) weren't their giggles when he entered the room? I don't remember, but I think he did XD

Spoiler:- Tonight's Episode's Preview:

a season 9 looks grimly unlikely at this point, thanks to what Jason Segel said. And since the writers said they "have to" do a season 9 with ALL of the cast, well, that's how i got to my sad conclusion. damn you, segel. there will still be movies in 2015 =/

EDIT: direct quote from a website http://www.tvfanatic.com/2012/12/how...fter-season-8/

However, of those stars, Jason Segel, is "unlikely" to return for another season, and Thomas and Bays say they "never ever" want to continue the show without all five regulars ... so that could be a problem.
    Last edited by flamebeam; 11th December 2012 at 1:39 AM.

Credit to Brutaka

I wonder if CBS were to throw enough money at them, if Thomas/Bay would go for another season regardless of whether or not Segel were to return. Just speculating here, obviously, and I'd be 100% against trying to continue if Marshall had to be written out, but it doesn't look like it'd be that hard. How I Met Your Mother, at this point, seems to have become about Barney, Robin, and Ted. And to be honest, I can't remember a point where Marshall and Lily have felt so inconsequential to the bigger picture. It feels like their story is really over, and now they're there just because they're main characters. They're married, Marshall has his dream job as an environmental lawyer, and they have a child... so what more stories do any of them still really have to tell? Every goal that they had has been met. So while HIMYM would suffer, like any sitcom where a beloved main character leaves, it's not like you couldn't make a season's worth of episodes without Marshall involved (you know, assuming Ted, Robin, and Barney would have another season's worth of stories to tell and big developments to build to, which they don't). Obviously, that's probably not going to happen, it shouldn't happen, and I definitely don't want it to, but it's not like it'd be impossible.

In any case, I still think this season should be the last one, regardless of what happens. I just don't know what there could possibly be at this point to justify a 9th season to HIMYM. This show feels so tired, and the only big plots left to conclude are Barney/Robin and Ted meeting "the mother", both of which are pretty much set up to reach their conclusion at the season finale. I know you could probably have Ted and "the mother" dating in the next season, which I think hurts the purpose of the show (which is to show Ted's growth into being the person who marries his wife), and you could probably manufacture something else for the others to do, but... no thanks.

I really enjoyed tonight's episode. Lots of funny moments with everyone hiding around Barney's apartment (absolutely loved the bit where Robin kept finding secret places for books like "the Bro Code". Is it sad that I fell for it both times?), and obsessed Robin is more entertaining than normal Robin, as is her constant hatred of Patrice (the bit with the purse got my biggest laugh of the night). And the whole running gag of everyone taking Ted's stuff was hilarious.
    Last edited by charizardfan; 11th December 2012 at 3:09 AM.

Spoiler:- New episode:

finally saw last week's episode. like the others, i thought it was great.

Spoiler:- Episode Prediction:

EDIT: There's still no word on whether Season 8 will be the last for "How I Met Your Mother." Despite some public negotiations, CBS has made it clear they want a Season 9 of the comedy, but there is rumored hold out amongst some of the actors. According to Deadline.com, Jason Segel does not want to return after the current season, but the decision isn't set in stone.

so the good news is cbs wants a season 9. the bad news is greedy mr. segel. if they can convince him to resign, then the show gets the new season
    Last edited by flamebeam; 18th December 2012 at 2:32 AM.

Credit to Brutaka

Wow, those last two episodes of the year definitely made up for the terrible episodes of the season. The first half showed shades of classic HIMYM here and there.

Quote Originally Posted by Taichi View Post
    Wow, those last two episodes of the year definitely made up for the terrible episodes of the season. The first half showed shades of classic HIMYM here and there.
    yeah it was really good.     Spoiler:

based on what happened last episode, i guess the decision involving season 9 is next. we'll find out when barney and robin get married (2013 or 2014) soon

Credit to Brutaka

Just watched last night's two episodes.

Definitely the strongest two episodes of the season, the second half more than the first. The whole "The Robin" reveal at the end was, really, classic HIMYM to tie in a bunch of (what seemed like) filler episodes and make them actually mean something. I found it a bit too convenient, but at the very least it justifies the existence of all the past few episodes.

But now that we're done with the whole "Robin chases Barney" storyline, I hope the story starts to bring Ted back into the focus. Ted hasn't had anything to do ever since Victoria left, and has been regulated into being the third wheel. If he's going to meet "the mother" at the end of the season (which he will, since the producers have said that he'll be meeting her at the wedding), then there needs to be some good build towards that.

The episode was absolutely amazing *.* Really smart the playbook trick, and the second part was definitely the strongest and best episode since this season started. Now I wonder what will happen to Ted, I really do

http://m.tvfanatic.com/2012/12/how-i...-next-chapter/

"The next chapter in this story is about Robin deciding if that's really what she wants in a husband, and Barney deciding if he's about more than just magic tricks," Bays teases.

Also: Robin Sparkles is returning!

Look for this alter ego's appearance to take place on February 4, which Bays previews as a "monster" installment that will feature an "astonishing lineup" of guest stars...

so that's what's next for the show. season 9 undecided as usual. also, robin's dad is gonna be in the next episode i think. idk how they're gonna put this all together, but i trust the show so can't wait!

Credit to Brutaka

I also remember reading about how, in a HIMYM interview, Ted's going to date someone (played by Ashley Benson) that is the last hurdle before he meets "the mother". Also, Cindy will be showing up again, probably to bring the entire thing full circle. I'm honestly more excited about the developments in his life than I am with Barney and Robin.

It's going to be a damn shame for me if this series continues past Season 8, because the way everything is shaping up it feels like we're really coming to the end. Barney's run the last "play" he'll ever run, he and Robin are about to get married (you'll remember that when the show started out, neither of them wanted any commitments, so for them to be engaged is a sign that they've reached the end of their development), and Ted's about to meet his future wife. It's really time for this story to end.
    Last edited by charizardfan; 20th December 2012 at 1:59 AM.

I also remember reading about how, in a HIMYM interview, Ted's going to date someone (played by Ashley Benson) that is the last hurdle before he meets "the mother". Also, Cindy will be showing up again, probably to bring the entire thing full circle. I'm honestly more excited about the developments in his life than I am with Barney and Robin.

It's going to be a damn shame for me if this series continues past Season 8, because the way everything is shaping up it feels like we're really coming to the end. Barney's run the last "play" he'll ever run, he and Robin are about to get married (you'll remember that when the show started out, neither of them wanted any commitments, so for them to be engaged is a sign that they've reached the end of their development), and Ted's about to meet his future wife. It's really time for this story to end.
    yeah, I've heard of Ashley Benson recurring. i didn't read anything about cindy; btw, is that the mother's roommate who became a lesbian?

i never really thought of barney's last play like that. now that i think about it, they can't do a whole season without barney playing women. maybe season 8 should be the last one after all... well whatever happens happens

Credit to Brutaka

Quote Originally Posted by flamebeam View Post
    yeah, I've heard of Ashley Benson recurring. i didn't read anything about cindy; btw, is that the mother's roommate who became a lesbian?

i never really thought of barney's last play like that. now that i think about it, they can't do a whole season without barney playing women. maybe season 8 should be the last one after all... well whatever happens happens

I swear you keep saying Amber Benson (The actress who was on Buffy, alongside Willow aka Alyson Hannigan). I actually floated an idea a while ago what if they casted Amber as the mother, that would be kinda cool (Well to those who are fans). Although I can't see her not appearing, as Amy Acker, Alexis Denisof and... I can't remember who the third one was, but they appeared.

Oh yeah, I watch the show as well, hey lol. I know I haven't posted in here before but still. I think the show's gonna find the mother soon, because soon enough it's gonna be 15 years from 2030 (And that's what? Around 2015 before the first child is born, I pick the eldest, the daughter at like 16 or something). They still need to actually get through to meeting the mother, and I presume the wedding before the first is born.

Also Cindy was played by Rachel Bilson, from the OC (or is it the actress who played Jackie from That 70's shows? Keep getting them mixed up).
    Claims Amber Benson and Ali Larter as Bishie.

Credits go to the original creators of Cynthia's and Flannery's artwork.
    United we stand but seperated we fall

And so the fifth generation begins...

Quote Originally Posted by Willow's Tara View Post
    (or is it the actress who played Jackie from That 70's shows? Keep getting them mixed up).
    That was Mila Kunis (voice of Meg Griffin on Family Guy; played Jackie on That '70s Show). She's never shown up on HIMYM once, and she won't be in Season 8.

Also, Season 7 of How I Met Your Mother is now available on Netflix for anyone who has that.

so i checked and i was right about who cindy is.

Spoiler:- Cindy Episode:

Credit to Brutaka

I just saw the episode where Lilly and marshal were avoiding their neighbors...I was laughing my head off as usual.
    #AlphaSapphire
    I am one of Jehovah's Witnesses.
    If you have a question about my religion, or wish to discuss my religion, the Bible, or anything related to this topic, feel free to PM or VM me, take a look at the information in my profile or visit our official website.

I watched that episode where Ted and Zoey get together (after Marshall's dad dies) and I love it when Ted says she doesnt speak Portuguese, and she actually replies in Portuguese. Its funny for me because Im portuguese xD

EDIT: How I Met Your Mother' Renewed For Season 9 With Entire Cast On Board

tbh I am happy because, tbh, i started watching this show over the summer. i get why original fans would be upset, but this means i can enjoy a show new to my heart for another whole year. I've enjoyed season 8 (not as much as other seasons, but still), and i trust the writers to make the next 2 years good

Quote Originally Posted by TheSirPeras View Post
    I watched that episode where Ted and Zoey get together (after Marshall's dad dies) and I love it when Ted says she doesnt speak Portuguese, and she actually replies in Portuguese. Its funny for me because Im portuguese xD
    lol i thought that was funny, and then ted said, "you're a showoff". that relationship was quite the peculiar one
    Last edited by flamebeam; 22nd December 2012 at 11:33 PM.

Credit to Brutaka

I feel disappointed with this. This felt the perfect place for the show to end, and with what the producers are said to have planned for the second half of Season 8, I just don't see what they could possibly do to make a 9th season interesting.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast