Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: The How I Met Your Mother thread

True that

So, you guys excited for season 9?! I'm counting the days... I WANNA SEE MORE SLAPS XD

I remember there once was a rumor that Jason Segal was leaving the show. I suppose it was untrue looking back at the past season.
    If it were though, I was just imaging the final scene including all the final.....
    Quote Originally Posted by TheSirPeras View Post
    SLAPS XD
    Sig Under Construction
    I have claimed Malamar and Mario Kart 8

Friend Code: 2680-9330-2666
    National Pokedex complete-Gen V / National Pokedex Complete-Gen VI
    Ground Type Pokémon Club Co-Leader
    Shiny Count: 150+
    Shiny Clauncher Magnet

^ I'm not sure if it was a rumour or not, but I'm just happy they're all back XD I want to see more Ranjit as well xD

^ I'm not sure if it was a rumour or not, but I'm just happy they're all back XD I want to see more Ranjit as well xD
    Yeah, I love all the episodes with Ranjit :P.
    Sig Under Construction
    I have claimed Malamar and Mario Kart 8

Friend Code: 2680-9330-2666
    National Pokedex complete-Gen V / National Pokedex Complete-Gen VI
    Ground Type Pokémon Club Co-Leader
    Shiny Count: 150+
    Shiny Clauncher Magnet

Season 9 is 3 days from starting... HYPE UP!!

http://how-i-met-your-mother.wikia.com/wiki/Season_9

HYPE UP EVEN MORE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So many episodes revealed :3

Spoiler:- SPOILER:

I really don't like how they've been announcing the slaps. I kind of like it better when they come out of nowhere like the second one. And the second slapsgiving episode was kind of bad tbh.

Quote Originally Posted by Temporary Account View Post
    I really don't like how they've been announcing the slaps. I kind of like it better when they come out of nowhere like the second one. And the second slapsgiving episode was kind of bad tbh.
    I liked it, I thought it was pretty original haha

Quote Originally Posted by oarfish View Post
    I remember there once was a rumor that Jason Segal was leaving the show. I suppose it was untrue looking back at the past season.
    If it were though, I was just imaging the final scene including all the final.....
    It wasn't a rumor. Jason Segal initially didn't want to come back to do a 9th season, and a deal was only managed at the last minute. This why it took so long for HIMYM to get renewed.

Well I watched the first two episodes of the new season and I really, really enjoyed them. The mother, portrayed by Christin Milloti has such a nice chemistry with Lily and I enjoyed the final moment of episode two, the flash forward, between Ted and the mother. They really do belong with each other, imo, she's the perfect match for Ted. I'm really looking forward to seeing how this season develops, a pretty solid start overall.

....and now, her story begins.

Am I really the only one not feeling the 'Mother'?

I've been watching since the beginning. Great show. I am liking that they are using the mother in the last season. Anyone else wish they had such a tale? -_-
    ♫If life seems jolly rotten,
    There's something you've forgotten!
    And that's to laugh and smile and dance and sing,
    When you're feeling in the dumps
    Don't be silly chumps,
    Just purse your lips and whistle - that's the thing!
    And... always look on the bright side of life...♫

Really liked the first 2 episodes. Lily and the mom were great together, with the sum*****es haha xD Really liked Marshall arguing with that woman, and Ted and the guy from the hotel that part was also really funny. Great start, hopefully it will keep up.

GOD DONT WANT THIS TO END :'(

Quote Originally Posted by Bless The Metal View Post
    Am I really the only one not feeling the 'Mother'?
    yes.

I'm too excited for HIMYM this season!! I agree that the interactions with the mother have been awesome, especially with Ted at the end of the 2nd episode. My personal comedic high points would be "thank you, Linus", the clerk guy, and the sum b*tches.

IMO Josh Radnor came out of nowhere with his performance, which is usually labeled as the worst of the 5, but now that he's the center of the story again, he's really seizing the opportunity. I don't know about you guys, but Ted makes me sympathize and root for him even though I'm aware he has a happy ending. That's a hard reaction to get from an audience.

My main concerns, which are actually minor, are the following: I know Segel didn't wanna do another season, and I see he's on this road trip now, so does that mean he won't be in the show as often as the rest of the cast? Tbh I can't wait until this confrontation happens with Lily. They better not undermine this, either; I mean, I don't know what I would do in their shoes. Also, Lily had a lot to drink in that last episode, and with time moving slowly, does that mean she's gonna be drunk for the next several episodes? Finally, Robin subtly admit to James some of her insecurities, which makes it ever more difficult to accept her relationship with Barney is something long-term. We all knew they were gonna break up within a few episodes of Season 5, because, well, it's Barney! I have no idea where the writers are going with this, but I can't wait!

P.S. I'm missing tomorrow's episode due to class conflicts and exam preparation. Does anyone know if any websites will have the episode within the week? I DVR at home, but I probably won't go back home for a couple of weeks. The struggle...

A New World Order: Birth of a Prophecy

Credit to Brutaka

Quote Originally Posted by flamebeam View Post
    P.S. I'm missing tomorrow's episode due to class conflicts and exam preparation. Does anyone know if any websites will have the episode within the week? I DVR at home, but I probably won't go back home for a couple of weeks. The struggle...
    CBS.com always has the latest episodes of their shows up the very next day after they're broadcast.

Man, barney seemed pissed
    3DS FC:4253-3982-7075 ~ MAL ~ Kid Icarus club ~ Attack on Titan club ~ Xat New Leaf dream code: 4800 2561 7674

They cant end an episode like this its just not fair jesus

Double Post, yolo, been 8 days

Liked the episode, funny, and finally Barney wasnt only with robin, it was getting a bit boring. Good to see Barney and Ted solve things

ehh I felt the episode was a bit weak. it was just hard for me to believe that Barney would so easily forget that his best man has feelings for his fiancee. also, ted claims he's not trying to sabotage the wedding, so why did he go to California 4 days prior? I also feel like they're using too much zapka (the karate kid guy), contrary to popular opinion, and the fact that's he's gonna be in next week's episode makes me worried.

then there's Robin. I don't know how much you guys remember about long-haired, ladylike Robin from the first few seasons, but it doesn't fit her character to not get along with women. I get she was raised as a boy, but it's not like she's a lesbian. she can be girly if she wants. so I felt that was a downgrade for Robin's character.

the episode altogether had its laughs, but it felt kinda lazy for me. still, it's nothing the show can't come back from, so I'm optimistic about the future

Credit to Brutaka

ehh I felt the episode was a bit weak. it was just hard for me to believe that Barney would so easily forget that his best man has feelings for his fiancee. also, ted claims he's not trying to sabotage the wedding, so why did he go to California 4 days prior? I also feel like they're using too much zapka (the karate kid guy), contrary to popular opinion, and the fact that's he's gonna be in next week's episode makes me worried.
    It wasn't easily forgotten by Barney though. Sure he was talking to Ted, but he was still mad, and it took him almost a whole episode to forgive Ted as we saw. Ted's speech was to him was also convincing, and they're best friends (along with marshpillow), so it's imo believable that Barney would forgive Ted.

It wasn't easily forgotten by Barney though. Sure he was talking to Ted, but he was still mad, and it took him almost a whole episode to forgive Ted as we saw. Ted's speech was to him was also convincing, and they're best friends (along with marshpillow), so it's imo believable that Barney would forgive Ted.
    you make a fair argument, but when you say that it took barney a full episode, keep in mind that this isn't any of the other seasons. this 1 episode was probably a few hours, and wedding weekends are a lot to handle for the bridegroom, meaning, for Barney, this was a lot to handle in a crazy time of his life. I guess, maybe, I can believe that Barney would forgive him after a short amount of time, but this love triangle is IMO hardly resolved, which is why I think this plot was a little unnecessary. I'm hoping the writers bring this issue back up, though.

i also personally was just hoping for a much bigger confrontation. and even though Ted presented his side of the story pretty well to Barney on the beach under the rain, i'm not sure if I can believe him because he went to California, presumably to retrieve the locket, so he could be lying to everyone right now about "trying to move on", and it just doesn't seem like Ted to lie so easily to everyone's faces.
    Last edited by flamebeam; 9th October 2013 at 8:48 PM.

Credit to Brutaka

you make a fair argument, but when you say that it took barney a full episode, keep in mind that this isn't any of the other seasons. this 1 episode was probably a few hours, and wedding weekends are a lot to handle for the bridegroom, meaning, for Barney, this was a lot to handle in a crazy time of his life. I guess, maybe, I can believe that Barney would forgive him after a short amount of time, but this love triangle is IMO hardly resolved, which is why I think this plot was a little unnecessary. I'm hoping the writers bring this issue back up, though.

i also personally was just hoping for a much bigger confrontation. and even though Ted presented his side of the story pretty well to Barney on the beach under the rain, i'm not sure if I can believe him because he went to California, presumably to retrieve the locket, so he could be lying to everyone right now about "trying to move on", and it just doesn't seem like Ted to lie so easily to everyone's faces.
    Yeah that's true, but to answer your concerns on this argument all we can do is wait to see what happens with the locket. And the love triangle will be resolved, the writers said this was the season/weekend ted finally got over robin (for real now, i guess)

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456