Thread: Opinions? -From scratch stuff-

Default Opinions? -From scratch stuff-

As you can see from my siggy, I make some sprites from scratch every now and then, and I was wondering if anyone can give advice. And to be frank, they aren't exactly Fakemon sprites, but everyone I show these to keep saying they're Fakemon, so I assume they could pass as Fakemon appearance-wise. They're actually original characters for a story I'm writing.

I referenced existing Pokemon sprites for sizes and colouring styles in an attempt to make them as legit looking as possible. I'm new to animating them, and only one of them's been animated (though I plan on adding some more frames to make it more interesting).

For the sake of having them all in one post, I'll post the ones in my siggy here as well.

XD002
    Celestia
    Aquaris
    Shadow
    Frisk (in his Attack Form)
    Minyon
    Nsanitee

Please note that I DO have ideas for Fakemon, and I was trying out B/W style with my OCs just in case I ever do put down my concepts on paper. My main question is

Did I nail the Pokemon style pretty well? And any tips to improve future sprites?

Also, I apologize in advance if my post ultimately doesn't belong here, since they aren't Fakemon, but they ARE in B/W style, so I assumed that these could be here.
    My delightful Fakemon sprites!

~I madeded all of the things here in this siggy~

I can see you put quite a bit of work on these, and they look quite good. They are certainly interesting.

The only problem that I have is the style. It doesn't really scream "pokemon" to me; I understand that they are for your story but if you are going to make fakemon in the future just a suggestion to work on the style a bit. Also some of the names don't seem very pokemon-esque. I hope this helps.
    White 2 Friend Code: 0734-2574-4736
    I breed extensively, competitive battle, do sprite edits and much more. :3