View Poll Results: Swampert or Blaziken?

Voters
12. You may not vote on this poll
  • Swampert

5 41.67%
  • Blaziken

7 58.33%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Swampert Or Blaziken?

Default Swampert Or Blaziken?

Which one does everyone prefer?
    Am starting Emerald tomorrow and I need to pick a starter out of these 2.
    Being honest, when playing pokemon games I always just go straight through it with my starter only.

I personally like blaziken so i can have a fire type from hoen, as the only fire types are numel family, torchic family, or torkoal. I like to have pokemon solely from the region im playing in, so hes my fire. Whiscash and walreign are good water types for swampert.

I use Blaziken, but Swampert seems to be the better option when it comes to having less type disadvantages and defense (while whizzing through the gyms easily), while Blaziken has better Attack while being a unique type combo (while gyms are a bit of a challenge). So it really just depends on the player.
    Winner of Best Pokémon/Pokémon Fic of 2013 in the Shipping Oscars
    Current Chapter: Chapter Ten - 3/17/14 / Current: Requiem I - 11/17/14 - Chapter 21 progress: 66%
    I survived Pupa.

I personally find Blaziken easier to use than Mudkip, as Blaziken has a semi advantage against the first three gyms, a neutral one aainst the fourth, a good one against the fifth, and a bad time against the remaining three. It is however good against half of the elite four.

Swamoert is however good against the first good/bad against the third, good on fourth and e rest all neutral while having no advantages or disadvantages in the E4.

I still do think you should get Blaziken.

I think Swampert is cute, and it's a very good Pokémon defensive-wise. I believe it and Blaziken are nearly total opposites in terms of stats.
    Swampert is bulky, and can take some hits while setting up hazards or boosting its stats to sweep.
    Blaziken is faster, hits harder without needing to set up, but its defenses are lower so it's more fragile.
    Whatever suits your playing style, both are great Pokémon. Of course, I prefer Blaziken.

| my anime list | anime reviews blog | photobucket | soundcloud |
    | ask me anything...no really! | level my sylveon! |
    | latest anime review: .hack//Sign |
    | currently watching: .hack//Tasogare no Udewa Densetsu // 07-Ghost // 11eyes // 2x2=Shinobuden // Inuyasha |

Blaziken. he's easier to solo with. swampert is good, but for a solo playthrough I got thru much faster with torchic than mudkip. buuuuut then again I never use starters anymore so whatevs lol

still in the process of plotting out team. want it to be unique and amazing. gardevoir will be included even if she's over used xD and mighteyena cuz they r awesomazing.

send me a friend request please ^_^

I would have said Swampert if you weren't just going through your game with a single Pokemon. Blaziken is better for that everywhere except against Tate and Liza. Being faster than Swampert makes it better for a solo challenge.
    SoulSilver BQ

Wonderful Banner by Golden Jet!!!!!
    Chapter 9 is up!! (Still Shocking!)

Both Pokemon are freaking amazing. Either one would be a good choice, however I voted Blaziken because it's fire and fighting make the elite four a breeze, just make sure you get an electric or grass pokemon for the champion.

Personally I prefer Blaziken, but if you want a easier time with Emerald then go with Swampert, it's good against a lot of bosses of the game.
    MMing: Espurr, 90 eggs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kutie Pie View Post
    Good. You can never understand the mindset of a woman.

Swampert..... I love it so much...

I like Swampert more. I loved it even more in B/W when they finally gave it a sprite where it was almost on all fours instead of standing straight up.
    The Graceful Assassin

Credit to FairyWitch

I have always found Swampert to be very good, it has a huge weakness against Grass but can get Ice Beam around halfway though the game which fixes that problem in most situations.
    We both break free if we make it on top
    If one should fall we both will drop

We move together from here on out
    What you need is what I'm about

I prefer Swampert myself. It has a nice typing and I always liked Mudkip over Torchic tbh.
    Black Team:

Currently replaying Pokemon HeartGold and SoulSilver!

I always pick Swampert. I think he is the most powerful starter

Blazikin because he wasn't the best looking starter, there was just something about him that was undeniably awesome. I regret picking torchic as a starter though, from what I remember it was a pain trying to get something that could actually damage one of the first few gym leaders.
        Spoiler:- games I want:

Click the banner to check out my semi-regularly updated chiptune filled soundcloud.

Quote Originally Posted by absolalone111 View Post
    Blazikin because he wasn't the best looking starter, there was just something about him that was undeniably awesome. I regret picking torchic as a starter though, from what I remember it was a pain trying to get something that could actually damage one of the first few gym leaders.
    ?

You evolve your Torchc into Combusken before the first gym and it learns Double Kick. And at level 15 it learns Peck. Takes care of Roxanne and Brawly quite easily...
    The Graceful Assassin

Credit to FairyWitch

Swampert. Better design and I prefer Water- over Fire-Types.

I really wouldn't know, I love both. I used Swampert more than I used Blaziken but fire-types are always cooler.....yeah, I really like them the same way C:

Spoiler:- Credits:

I like both, but I usually use Swampert because it has a diverse moveset. Blaziken is my favorite in terms of appearance though. I was just disappointed that it couldn't learn more moves.

blaziken for the appearance but if you're soloing you should go with swampert.

Blaziken. I've never really liked Swampert.

tumblr
    - i've claimed zelos wilder, xerneas, and tales of the abyss
    Omega Ruby team:

blaziken, my beo used swampert and it kept beating me...it pissed me off >.>
    #AlphaSapphire
    I am one of Jehovah's Witnesses.
    If you have a question about my religion, or wish to discuss my religion, the Bible, or anything related to this topic, feel free to PM or VM me, take a look at the information in my profile or visit our official website.

Swampert. If Blaziken had Speed Boost back in the day though...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast