Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Professor Layton Series

Is it just me, or was Chapter 3 extremely long compared to the others (thus far, anyway; I'm only on Chapter 5)?

Quote Originally Posted by AuraChannelerChris View Post
    EDIT: As it turns out, the puzzles are released weekly from the day of release, 7 puzzles in a package. In other words, check next Sunday for a batch of 7 puzzles.
    That's all right. It's far easier than having to download a puzzle every day for a year.

im going to get MM tomorrow, i can hard,y wait!

i am re-playing laytons london life now.
    did anyone else notice the eternal diva characters in it?
    #AlphaSapphire
    I am one of Jehovah's Witnesses.
    If you have a question about my religion, or wish to discuss my religion, the Bible, or anything related to this topic, feel free to PM or VM me, take a look at the information in my profile or visit our official website.

Quote Originally Posted by The Eleventh View Post
    Is it just me, or was Chapter 3 extremely long compared to the others (thus far, anyway; I'm only on Chapter 5)?
    Thinking back, yeah, I think Chapter 3 was pretty long compared to all the others. Chapters 7 and 8 are quite short, though.

Quote Originally Posted by ansem the wise View Post
    im going to get MM tomorrow, i can hard,y wait!

i am re-playing laytons london life now.
    did anyone else notice the eternal diva characters in it?
    What's London Life exactly like? Is it really worth a hundred hours of gameplay as advertised? (Asking since Europe didn't get London Life)

London Life is supposedly filled with a lot of humor, but the tasks start to become a chore in it.

London Life is supposedly filled with a lot of humor, but the tasks start to become a chore in it.
    Huh... I kinda wish we did get London Life, though. It seems interesting.

Speaking of humour, is it just me, or did anyone else find the dialogue in Miracle Mask (for those who've played it or are playing it) particularly funnier than usual?

London Life was interesting and it was a cool break, but it got really repetitive, and I was able to finish "the story" before I got one hundred hours. I haven't touched it since.
    I'll put something here...eventually

Quote Originally Posted by Flame Mistress View Post
    Speaking of humour, is it just me, or did anyone else find the dialogue in Miracle Mask (for those who've played it or are playing it) particularly funnier than usual?
    Serena was stupidly hilarious.

Serena was stupidly hilarious.
    Oh yes. Serena... Just... Serena. And then there's this little gem:

Narcisse: Just look at my flawless nose, my glorious chin... my, aha, effortless smirk!
    Layton: Hm, now that you mention it, your face does remind me of a puzzle.*
    Emmy: Careful, Professor! Not everything is a puzzle!
    Layton: Oh... I'm sorry. I could have sworn there was a puzzle here. My mistake.*

Now THAT was truly hilarious.

Never mind what I said about the dowloadable puzzles.

I just got a notification saying that each day is a new puzzle. They even have a schedule for each single one with their titles as well. As of this post, 2 are available.

EDIT: ...Which means these errors aren't related to the downloads. Dang.
    Last edited by AuraChannelerChris; 30th October 2012 at 2:23 AM.

Haha, I love the reference to the Ferris wheel from Curious Village. I'm on Chapter 6 now. I really hope the major revelations aren't packed into the final two.

The daily puzzle download worked today for me; I've just received the past five puzzles.

Haha, I love the reference to the Ferris wheel from Curious Village. I'm on Chapter 6 now. I really hope the major revelations aren't packed into the final two.

The daily puzzle download worked today for me; I've just received the past five puzzles.
    Luke, you spoke too soon. =p Same here. Looks like you can add pieces of furniture as you download and solve more daily puzzles, too.

Here comes myself with a Diabolical Box discussion.

That was the first and only one of his games I've ever played, but I loved it. I'm really looking forward to the Ace Attorney vs Professor Layton though.

Join the Nazi Zombies Club V3 today!
    3DS Friend Code: 2707-1715-0227
    Quote Originally Posted by Seref
    Ibanez needs a less retarded naming structure.
    Ibanez RG7862FR87689.55(pi*sqrt(5x+(y^2)-(z/8)))

Spoiler:- 3DS friend-code:

Quote Originally Posted by DucksGoMooful View Post
    Here comes myself with a Diabolical Box discussion.

That was the first and only one of his games I've ever played, but I loved it. I'm really looking forward to the Ace Attorney vs Professor Layton though.
    You're not dead? Pandora's Box is actually the only main series game I haven't played. I have watched a playthrough of it, though, and it doesn't seem that interesting to me, compared to the other games, really.

Quote Originally Posted by ParaChomp View Post
    DLC? That's cool. I wish the Layton games had something similar other than puzzles, like downloadable episodes.

One thing I noticed while surfing the net was that AA fans are pretty hyped up about the game, yet PL fans are pretty much meh about it. Probably because Phoenix looks really good in 3D while Layton looks like a pipe cleaner man with a pumpkin for a head (not to mention, he's a head shorter than Phoenix, the poor guy). Maybe that's just me, thougbh

Nobody worried about how there's a blatant ignorance in height with all the 35 characters in Brawl (where of course people got shrunk or grown. Pikachu aren't that big!). Why should they worry about two? That's what happens sometimes when you do crossovers.

Oh, also, Ch. 6 of MM got me at the end. I'm still progressing through the main story, though.

Oh, also, Ch. 6 of MM got me at the end. I'm still progressing through the main story, though.
    I know. Even though I was aware that it was coming, it was still very sad. I'm on Chapter 7, and am just about to speak to Henry.

Spoiler:

Ah Professor Layton, I've only played the first 3 games myself and want to catch up with the other games (Which I undestand to be prequels?). I wasn't so sure about PL move into 3D but it seems to have turned out alrighty. I guess I'll have to pick up The Spectre's Call before I get Miracle Mask.
    The most Superior Snivy. Left, good time here though. I loved this place.

Quote Originally Posted by The Joker. View Post
    Ah Professor Layton, I've only played the first 3 games myself and want to catch up with the other games (Which I undestand to be prequels?). I wasn't so sure about PL move into 3D but it seems to have turned out alrighty. I guess I'll have to pick up The Spectre's Call before I get Miracle Mask.
    Be warned though, Spectre's Call isn't as good as the previous three. Miracle Mask makes up for it though... And we get a cheerful ending theme for once!

About the end of Chapter 6...
        Spoiler:
    Last edited by Azran Flame; 31st October 2012 at 11:45 PM.

I saw that FM, luckily I averted my eyes in realisation, before anything spoilerific hit.

I saw that FM, luckily I averted my eyes in realisation, before anything spoilerific hit.
    Sorry, I had no idea that the "spoiler" tags had become "spoil" tags instead. =/

Be warned though, Spectre's Call isn't as good as the previous three. Miracle Mask makes up for it though... And we get a cheerful ending theme for once!
    Yeah, there is a noticeable dip in quality with Spectre's Call.

Spoiler:
    Now I want to play Lost Future again. ;_;

Now I want to play Lost Future again. ;_;
    Same here... Especially since it was the first fictional scene that actually made me cry (nope, I didn't cry when your character dies in PMD2, or when all those characters die in Harry Potter, and the such). Lost Future also introduced me to Layton x Claire. I love that pairing.

Same here... Especially since it was the first fictional scene that actually made me cry (nope, I didn't cry when your character dies in PMD2, or when all those characters die in Harry Potter, and the such). Lost Future also introduced me to Layton x Claire. I love that pairing.
    Are you heartless? But yes I did find that scene very sad aswell, especially Laytons reaction.

Are you heartless? But yes I did find that scene very sad aswell, especially Laytons reaction.
    Yep, I'm heartless. Which just shows how sad the ending to Lost Future was. Again, Layton's eyes... ;A;

I am so mad! Walmart didn’t have MM!
    Now I have to wait for Saturday to get another chance.
    As to the earlier posts:
    I love London life, its mild and the storyline is decent.
    I liked all of them especially the endings and the action scenes.
    the movie was amazing, but they changed lukes voice.
    i'm sure that MM will exceed my expectations.
    i love both AA and PL so i love the fact that a crossover is coming.
    #AlphaSapphire
    I am one of Jehovah's Witnesses.
    If you have a question about my religion, or wish to discuss my religion, the Bible, or anything related to this topic, feel free to PM or VM me, take a look at the information in my profile or visit our official website.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast