Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: The Combatants Cup - Sign Ups

Default The Combatants Cup - Sign Ups

Welcome to what I hope will be a staple in the Serebii community. Throughout the evolution of competitive sports, an idea emerged. The idea of a “Fantasy League”. As such, I hereby introduce to you:
    The Combatants Cup
    The Combatants Cup will consist of 2 sections. The first will be a standard team-style BW2 OU tournament, and the second shall be The Combatants Fantasy League, or the CFL for short.

Section 1:
    The Combatants Cup:

This will run as a team-style tournament, but teams will not be submitted by the participants. There have been assigned 11 Team Captains, 4 each in 3 groups, who will draft teams of 5 once the signup period ends. After the draft, however, the role of the captain is done.
    The tournament, as a team style tournament, will run in a round-robin format. This means that each team will play every other team once, followed by a playoff with each division winner and a wildcard team. Each match will consist of 3 battles which will be RANDOMLY assigned by me before the start of each round. This ensures that all participants will have a chance to participate, instead of having one or two players sitting the bench for the whole tournament and thus defeating the entire reason that they signed up.
    The team captains are as follows. I have chosen one captain from 11 Serebii clans. If enough participants sign up, I will add additional captains. Each Captain is sponsored by a clan:

Alpha Division:

The Goo Lagoon Land Sharks, led by M4zz of Creamery Command!

Une équipe de Badass, led by BestGamePearl of Dracaena

The Fellowship, led by Ninja Dewott of The Crystalline Guard!

The Aces of Frost, led by Sparkbeat of Frozen Heart!

Bravo Division:

The Golden Eagles, led by Blue Harvest of Team America!

The Shield, led by Ger9119 of Legacy!

The Human Scoliopedes, led by Prohawk of Danger Inc.!

The Lost Ones, led by SoulMuse of Sentient Dragons!

Charlie Division:

Tequila Sunrise, led by ~Ace of Age of Shoguns!

The Hellfire Hydras, led by McDanger of The Battle Corporation!

The Weather Warriors, led by snivy trainer of The Hoenn Triangle!

The Regal Renegades, led by Alcatraz, a clanless representative of the Serebii community!

REGISTRATION
    If you wish to sign up for this portion of the tournament, please fill out the following form:
    Code:
    Combatants Cup signup:
    Serebii Username:
    Clan (if applicable):
    I hereby acknowledge the fact that I am under no circumstances guaranteed to be on any specific team. 
    I do recognize the fact that I WILL be on a team and I will participate in no fewer than 2 battles during the course of this tournament.
    SIGNUPS FOR THE COMBATANTS CUP ARE FULL. IF YOU WISH TO BE ON THE SUBS LIST, FILL OUT THE ABOVE FORM AND PM IT TO ME WITH THE SUBJECT "COMBATANTS CUP SUB REQUEST"

The signup phase for the Combatants cup tournament will continue until we have reached the desired amount of 36 non-captain players. If the number of desired potential signups exceeds that number, we will include more teams in the tournament and increase the overall length of the tournament.

Please be aware that, as of the current set-up, this tournament will last approximately 3 months.

Registrations:
    [IMG]http://i50.*******.com/24o4n50.jpg[/IMG]

The Combatants Fantasy League:

A fantasy league, for those who don’t know, is as follows:
    A fantasy league/sport (also known as rotisserie, roto, or owner simulation) is a game where participants act as owners to build a team that competes against other fantasy owners based on thestatistics generated by the real individual players or teams of a professional sport. Probably the most common variant converts statistical performance into points that are compiled and totaled according to a roster selected by a manager that makes up a fantasy team. These point systems are typically simple enough to be manually calculated by a "league commissioner." More complex variants use computer modeling of actual games based on statistical input generated by professional sports. In fantasy sports there is the ability to trade, cut, and sign players, like a real sports owner.
    As such, that is exactly what we will be having here.
    We will have fantasy leagues consisting of 9 owners each. While the Combatants Cup regular season will last 8 weeks, in the interest of playoffs for the fantasy leagues, the fantasy league will consist of 5-7 weeks, depending on the number of participants. During the first week of the Combatants Cup, fantasy league owners will participate in a draft of their own. After that, owners will be allowed to set a lineup for each week. They will receive points based on the final scores of their players matches. Scores will be as follows:
    Win the battle – 10 points
    Lose the battle – 1 point
    +2 points for every surviving Pokemon on your team after a win
    The team of the player wins the weekly match – 5 points
    The player's win is the 1st for the team that week - 5 points
    The player's win is the 2nd for the team that week - 8 points
    The player does not complete their match - -3 points

The goal is to have 1 league with 9 owners, divided into 3 divisions. Just like with the Cup itself.

Code:
    Combatants Fantasy League SignUp:
    Serebii Name:
    In.
    I understand that there is no battling involved in the Fantasy League.
    Signups for the Fantasy league are FULL

Combatants Fantasy League Registrations:

[IMG]http://i47.*******.com/3466nhv.jpg[/IMG]

That sums everything up. If you have any questions or feel like I've missed something, please do not hesitate to pm/vm me, or let me know on xat.

The sign up phaze will last for 1 full week. Best of luck to all participants
    Last edited by Kingothestone; 20th December 2012 at 1:30 AM.
    PASBL Squad Summary
    B Grade PASBL referee. If you need a match reffed, just ask me.

Combatants Cup signup:
    Serebii Username: Shadow♠
    Clan (if applicable): Dracaena
    I hereby acknowledge the fact that I am under no circumstances guaranteed to be on any specific team.
    I do recognize the fact that I WILL be on a team and I will participate in no fewer than 2 battles during the course of this tournament.

Whoo.

Combatants Cup signup:
    Serebii Username: Miror
    Clan (if applicable): Team America
    Back : D
    I help write the Pokemon of the Week!
    Trapped since February 9, 2013
    Woooo competitive. Also doing ASB, with my squad being here.
    Also have a Youtube channel where I do Nintendo News. Woo.

Combatants Cup signup:
    Serebii Username: legendofsway

Combatants Cup signup:
    Serebii Username: Bendy001

Combatants Cup signup:
    Serebii Username: Eranu

Serebii Username: dew
    Clan (if applicable): Team Amurica

Just inb4 kots asks that I join at the last minute.

Combatants Cup signup:
    Serebii Username: BLUES.
    Clan (if applicable): Danger Inc.

Credits for the Gengar banner to Woebegonick
    Credits for the buttons to Astral Shadow

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow♠ View Post
    Combatants Cup signup:
    Serebii Username: Shadow♠

Whoo.
    1/36

Quote Originally Posted by Miror View Post
    Combatants Cup signup:
    Serebii Username: Miror
    2/36

Quote Originally Posted by legendofsway View Post
    Combatants Cup signup:
    Serebii Username: legendofsway
    3/36

Quote Originally Posted by bendy001 View Post
    Combatants Cup signup:
    Serebii Username: Bendy001
    4/36

Quote Originally Posted by Eranu™ View Post
    Combatants Cup signup:
    Serebii Username: Eranu
    5/36

Quote Originally Posted by dewhinifier View Post
    Serebii Username: dew
    Clan (if applicable): Team Amurica

Just inb4 kots asks that I join at the last minute.
    6/36. And thanks haha

Quote Originally Posted by BLUES. View Post
    Combatants Cup signup:
    Serebii Username: BLUES.
    7/36.
    PASBL Squad Summary

This is what you were talking about then?

JOINING

Combatants Cup signup:
    Serebii Username:SneaselFTW
    Clan (if applicable):~

Also, I want to be Goo Lagoon or The Fellowship

R.I.P The Crystalline Guard ~ Memories Are The Only Things Which Are Truly Eternal

Combatants Cup signup:
    Serebii Username: Sietse23
    image file size too large, removed - mod

Serebii Name: Chidoriuser
    In.

Combatants Cup signup:
    Serebii Username: Chidoriuser
    Clan (if applicable): Age of Shoguns
    Last edited by Chidoriuser; 18th December 2012 at 9:26 PM.

Combatants Cup signup:
    Serebii Username: Ninja Eevee
    Clan (if applicable): The Hoenn Traiangle

I would like to point out that i accept bribes in the form of money, pleasuring, well built teams, or any combination of those things. Otherwise fate will decide!!!

RIP Ice Grabbers
    Super Smash Bros. Melee - Super Smash Bros. Brawl

Nana you're too smart for a 3DS.
    *credit to PurpleBlitz for drac stuff*

Combatants Cup signup:
    Serebii Username: Sparkbeat
    Clan (if applicable): Frozen Heart
    Last edited by Sparkbeat; 18th December 2012 at 9:30 PM.

Combatants Cup signup:
    Serebii Username: The Mysterious Stranger
    Clan (if applicable): Creamery Command

in for the other one too.

Quote Originally Posted by SneaselFTW View Post
    This is what you were talking about then?

JOINING

Combatants Cup signup:
    Serebii Username:SneaselFTW
    Clan (if applicable):~

Also, I want to be Goo Lagoon or The Fellowship
    8/36. I know you're in SOTP, so putting that down.

Quote Originally Posted by Sietse23 View Post
    Combatants Cup signup:
    Serebii Username: Sietse23
    9/36

Quote Originally Posted by Chidoriuser View Post
    Serebii Name: Chidoriuser
    In.

Combatants Cup signup:
    Serebii Username: Chidoriuser
    Clan (if applicable): Age of Shoguns
    1/9, 10/36

Quote Originally Posted by Ninja Eevee View Post
    Combatants Cup signup:
    Serebii Username: Ninja Eevee
    Clan (if applicable): The Hoenn Traiangle
    11/36

Quote Originally Posted by Sparkbeat View Post
    Combatants Cup signup:
    Serebii Username: Sparkbeat
    Clan (if applicable): Frozen Heart
    12/36. I know you're in Frozen Heart, so putting that down.

Quote Originally Posted by The Mysterious Stranger View Post
    Combatants Cup signup:
    Serebii Username: The Mysterious Stranger
    Clan (if applicable): Creamery Command

in for the other one too.
    13/36, 2/9
    Last edited by Kingothestone; 18th December 2012 at 9:32 PM.
    PASBL Squad Summary

Combatants Cup signup:
    Serebii Username: ShowMeTheMankey
    Clan (if applicable): Danger Inc
    [IMG]http://oi48.*******.com/2vloeo9.jpg[/IMG]

Combatants Cup signup:
    Serebii Username: Tormented
    Clan (if applicable): Crystalline Guard

Combatants Cup signup:
    Serebii Username: Psycho Cut
    Clan (if applicable): The Crystalline Guard
    Hey Serebii, how you doing? Not sure how many of you guys from way back are out there, but just to let you know that I'm back, though I'm not sure how regularly I'll be on. Thanks for everything, and I hope I can continue to enjoy my time here!

3DS Friend Code: 2105 - 8928 - 6860

Looking for any breedable flawless Pokemon!

Quote Originally Posted by ShowMeTheMankey View Post
    Combatants Cup signup:
    Serebii Username: ShowMeTheMankey
    Clan (if applicable): Danger Inc
    14/36

Quote Originally Posted by Tormented View Post
    Combatants Cup signup:
    Serebii Username: Tormented
    Clan (if applicable): Crystalline Guard
    15/36

Quote Originally Posted by Psycho Cut View Post
    Combatants Cup signup:
    Serebii Username: Psycho Cut
    16/36

At this rate, we might need another team. This is going to be a very long tourney.
    PASBL Squad Summary

Combatants Cup signup:
    Serebii Username: AB2
    Clan (if applicable): nada
    [12:46:24 PM] Garza: yeah yeah
    [12:46:34 PM] Garza: your a tubular troller

mangoes, peaches, and limes

Combatants Cup signup:
    Serebii Username: Voice of the Forest
    I hereby acknowledge the fact that I am under no circumstances guaranteed to be on any specific team.Agreed
    I do recognize the fact that I WILL be on a team and I will participate in no fewer than 2 battles during the course of this tournament. Agreed

|||||||
    Yellow Lv 36 | Saph Lv 35 | Garnet Lv 35 | Eevee Lv 34 | TDK Lv 38 | APorygonZ Lv 33
    Credit to Blues

Combatants Cup signup:
    Serebii Username: spiderman123
    Clan (if applicable): ~

I will go wherever needed

Credit to BLUES for userbar (such sweg).

Quote Originally Posted by AB2 View Post
    Combatants Cup signup:
    Serebii Username: AB2
    Clan (if applicable): nada
    17/36

Quote Originally Posted by Voice Of The Forest View Post
    Combatants Cup signup:
    Serebii Username: Voice of the Forest
    I hereby acknowledge the fact that I am under no circumstances guaranteed to be on any specific team.Agreed
    I do recognize the fact that I WILL be on a team and I will participate in no fewer than 2 battles during the course of this tournament. Agreed
    18/36

Quote Originally Posted by spiderman123 View Post
    Combatants Cup signup:
    Serebii Username: spiderman123
    Clan (if applicable): ~

I will go wherever needed
    19/36
    PASBL Squad Summary

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast