Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Pokémon World Tournament Discussion Thread [Read First Post]

The max points per win (Discounting victories against the subway masters) on the Super Battle train is 10, which is only one point higher then a flawless Singles PWT victory.

All this talk about BP reminds me that if you're looking to easily grind away points during the main game (like I did for Brick Break): train up that Skill Link Minccino a few levels so it has a bit of power behind it (& Tail Slap), evolve it, and reteach it Bullet Seed & Rock Blast

You'll be able to handle pretty much anything the Driftviel tournament can throw at you. Turn the animations off and the battles will just zoom on by.

I believe Mix will give greater BP, but it's far less of a sure thing. I didn't dabble in Double or Triples nearly as much so I'm not sure how well Cinccino performs there

I swear everything in here is on freaking steroids. My Gengar has been outsped by Pokemon that have no business outspeeding it, especially as it has a relatively high speed even relative to some other gengars.
    SoulSilver BQ

Wonderful Banner by Golden Jet!!!!!
    Chapter 9 is up!! (Still Shocking!)

Quote Originally Posted by ???2 View Post
    Then here's my question: is truant Durant's hidden ability?
    yes, and it has been released, you can get it in the Dream World, but only if you use B2 or W2 as your game.

Anyway

I love how we can use literally EVERYTHING for the Driftveil Tournament.

The Mix Driftveil Tournament kinda gives me problem though, every single opponent picked my Adamant Orb Dialga and I have to pick one of their crappy Pokemon -_-
    Luckily my Lustrous Orb Palkia is just enough to deal with my own Dialga.

My shinies. Just click the links~

~Shiny Banner 1~
    ~Shiny Banner 2~
    ~Shiny Banner 3~

My shinies are not for trade or cloning.
    Shinies are not listed in order, for example the last shiny on the banner is not always the latest shiny I've obtained.
    Banner 1 made by Light Venusaur, thanks ^_^

I had problems with the world's leaders on the 10th time but I finally got through.

Funny thing is, whenever my terrakion or tyranitar go for stone edge they'll miss 75% of the time but when my tornadus-t uses focus blast it hits 99% of the time.

Yes that is a Female Dino Charge Red. It's a FanFic thing
    3DS FC: 3995-6518-0794

Quote Originally Posted by Charoshi View Post
    I swear everything in here is on freaking steroids. My Gengar has been outsped by Pokemon that have no business outspeeding it, especially as it has a relatively high speed even relative to some other gengars.
    Some Pokemon have a Choice Scarf equipped, especially if we're talking Heracross.
    Makes me so mad when that happens.
    Under Construction

Choice Scarves are probably the most annoying random factor in the game that isn't hax, considering that they let Pokemon that you'd otherwise be able to outspeed and OHKO do the same to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Rakurai View Post
    Choice Scarves are probably the most annoying random factor in the game that isn't hax, considering that they let Pokemon that you'd otherwise be able to outspeed and OHKO do the same to you.
    Kind of funny they can use Choice Items, Flame/Toxic Orbs, Air Balloons etc, but I've yet to see a CPU use an Eviolite.
    Not that I've seen, anyway.
    Under Construction

I'm not really a battler, I just enjoy collecting/breeding Pokemon. I found the PWT difficult, especially Kanto. Eventually though, I got the right combination of trainers and made it through the regions and the world leaders. Now I just need to repeat the WL until I can play the Champions

I still have no idea how to build a team that can stand up against Blaine and Misty at the same time. Misty's Starmie and its Ice Beam were totally deadly to my team.

I have one tip for noobish people like me: select Double Battle, take Surf/Earthquake on at least three of your Pokes, add Choice Specs/Scarf, pray for Electric/Fire trainers and keep trying until things fall into place!

Quote Originally Posted by BNator92 View Post
    Kind of funny they can use Choice Items, Flame/Toxic Orbs, Air Balloons etc, but I've yet to see a CPU use an Eviolite.
    Not that I've seen, anyway.
    I believe Brock's Onix has an Eviolite in the World Leader's tournament.

Anyway, the Pokemon World Tournament is definitely my favourite feature of these games. I've been wanting a game where you could battle Gym Leaders/Champions from all regions for a long time.
    I've spent most of my time post-Elite Four doing the PWT and have over 400 BP saved up on my Japanese Black 2 + have already earned over 100 BP on my English White 2. I just find it so fun and way better than the Battle Subway.

Quote Originally Posted by Aquarelle View Post
    Anyway, the Pokemon World Tournament is definitely my favourite feature of these games..[/S]
    I agree.

I don't know which I prefer between that and the Subway though. I do think that it is rather cool you are able to battle the World Champion teams as well.

Skill Link Cicinno(w/ rock blast, tail swipe, encore, and sing), Guts toxic boost flareon(w/ flame charge, protect, facade, and quick attack and has maxed out all stats), and my Dustox Sweeper(w/ roost iron defense, quiver dance, bug buzz, and with physical and special defense IVs maxed and black sludge) has been proven effective by PWT Glad they had no whirlwinders, roarers, dragon tailors, etc. I don't see how Beautifly get more popularity than Dustox, Beautifly is to frail while Dustox is bulky and been gifted a way to increase its sp. offense and more importantly special defense.
    Last edited by confuser987; 26th October 2012 at 6:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by confuser987 View Post
    Skill Link Cicinno(w/ rock blast, tail swipe, encore, and sing), Guts toxic boost flareon(w/ flame charge, protect, facade, and quick attack and has maxed out all stats), and my Dustox Sweeper(w/ roost iron defense, quiver dance, bug buzz, and with physical and special defense IVs maxed and black sludge) has been proven effective by PWT Glad they had no whirlwinders, roarers, dragon tailors, etc. I don't see how Beautifly get more popularity than Dustox, Beautifly is to frail while Dustox is bulky and been gifted a way to increase its sp. offense and more importantly special defense.
    Probably because moves like that work a lot more efficiently in 6 vs. 6 battles.
    Under Construction

Quote Originally Posted by sAv1Or) View Post
    I agree.

I don't know which I prefer between that and the Subway though. I do think that it is rather cool you are able to battle the World Champion teams as well.
    I'd rather go for the PWT. The Battle Subway practically penalizes you for breaking a streak, whereas you could get all the entertainment that you would've otherwise had at the Subway at the World Tournament, minus the penalty. (:

[IMG]http://i49.*******.com/2h6dobp.png[/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by Wishing Star View Post
    I'd rather go for the PWT. The Battle Subway practically penalizes you for breaking a streak, whereas you could get all the entertainment that you would've otherwise had at the Subway at the World Tournament, minus the penalty. (:
    I suppose that is a good point. But the penalty is part of what made it fun for me. It made me try harder the next time. But the no penalty does make the PWT funner in some ways.

I suppose that is a good point. But the penalty is part of what made it fun for me. It made me try harder the next time. But the no penalty does make the PWT funner in some ways.
    Well, losing in the PWT also makes me want to try harder. And personally, the possibility of losing that entire streak of 48 battles just makes me not like the Subway at all. :/

Well, losing in the PWT also makes me want to try harder. And personally, the possibility of losing that entire streak of 48 battles just makes me not like the Subway at all. :/
    Well I guess the most painful part would not be losing the streak, but going back through all those ridiculously weak trainers

Well I guess the most painful part would not be losing the streak, but going back through all those ridiculously weak trainers
    The painful part for me would be losing out on the BP I would've kept gaining. I wouldn't really mind battling all the weak trainers again, though.

The painful part for me would be losing out on the BP I would've kept gaining. I wouldn't really mind battling all the weak trainers again, though.
    I guess that's where PWT is better for me cuz you can just jump right back in where you were

I guess that's where PWT is better for me cuz you can just jump right back in where you were
    Exactly. There's no need to keep going through the streak after saving or anything like that with the PWT. (:

It's a shame they don't give you a shard when you lose a Subway streak
    I didn't think it would take a lot of the edge off but sometimes I look forward to seeing what color shard I get when I do lose.

Quote Originally Posted by R_N View Post
    I didn't think it would take a lot of the edge off but sometimes I look forward to seeing what color shard I get when I do lose.
    That's another thing that the Subway doesn't have that the PWT has. Just goes to show how much better the PWT is than the Subway, I suppose.

Quote Originally Posted by R_N View Post
    That would have actually been pretty sweet. Or a consolation prize of a random item based on how far you got

That would have actually been pretty sweet. Or a consolation prize of a random item based on how far you got
    That actually would've been really cool. Actually, the same thing could've been done for the PWT too, now that I think about it.

That actually would've been really cool. Actually, the same thing could've been done for the PWT too, now that I think about it.
    Well it would make you less aggravated to lose and, depending on the prize, would make you want to lose after a certain point

Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast