Page 9 of 19 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Pokémon World Tournament Discussion Thread [Read First Post]

Quote Originally Posted by abdulmuhsee View Post
    I can confirm that your opponents' pokemon in the PWT are definitely EV-trained, so bring along your own best guys.

The number one thing to keep in mind, IMO, is to avoid playing like you would a normal competitive match. Your opponents will have completely unbalanced teams with the same typing across the board, so if you lead with your Swampert against Gardenia, you might be tempted to switch it out, but you'll only be giving your opponent a free hit, so just do what you can and let your Swampert die since all of her guys will be packing grass attacks. That way, you can bring in something that kills grass-types fresh.

Also, your opponent rarely to never switches, so use that to your advantage, especially if you have setup pokemon. FYI, Liza was one of the harder opponents to beat for whatever reason.
    Thanks for the tips, I know not to switch from experience at battle subway bosses. It's just that EV training a team of 6 takes so long and gets boring for me fast. I guess I just don't have enough patience. But I appreciate your help.

Been playing a lot of PWT lately to rack up BP to have enough to buy all TMs.
    It takes awhile, but not nearly as long as the Subway.
        Spoiler:- My Website + Ask.fm:

The Pokemon World Tournament happens to be my favorite addition to the Unova region. I always choose rotation battles because you rarely get to play them during story mode.

A new WiFi tournament was announced which features the trainers of the anime Unova League

Japan gets all the good things. D:
    Quote Originally Posted by noobers View Post
    HG/SS was a great remake, so it'd be difficult to trump it.

Edit: But the fact that this announcement is exciting is hard to contest.

Edit: I guess we'll just have to sea what comes of this.

Edit: Hoenn

Quote Originally Posted by Aura Flare Riolu View Post
    Japan gets all the good things. D:
    Well, the games are made in Japan. So naturally, they'll get it first.

Hello everyone! Just recently got back into video games and Pokemon was one of those few I got into. I have been playing ever since Yellow and, as you can see, my team has changed a bit since then. Zoroark has proven to be a great replacement for Venusaur who can finally enjoy his retirement lol

Anyway, although I have heard of general guidelines as to how the game progresses, I was careful not to get specifics. My current plan is to:

1- Get all Gym badges DONE!
    2- Defeat the Elite 4 and the Champion DONE!
    in here I changed the difficulty to Challenge
    3- Get the in game legendaries DONE!
    4- Beat Black Tower (in progress and currently on Area 9)
    5- Finish Route 8 and everything below
    6- Defeat the Elite 4 and the Champion in initial Challenge mode
    7- Defeat all "leftover" trainers i.e. Cynthia, Game Freak dude, Cheren, etc.
    8- Go to the PWT and win everything but the Champions tournament
    9- Defeat the Elite 4 and the Champion in remetach Challenge mode
    10- Go to the PWT and win the Champions tournament

I have a question: in the Champions tournament, would I face Red in the final?? I want to cap off this generation beating that legendary trainer. If it is anyone else, the PWT lost a great deal of appeal to me.
    MY TEAM AS OF 2012

Quote Originally Posted by Super Sonic View Post
    Hello everyone! Just recently got back into video games and Pokemon was one of those few I got into. I have been playing ever since Yellow and, as you can see, my team has changed a bit since then. Zoroark has proven to be a great replacement for Venusaur who can finally enjoy his retirement lol

Anyway, although I have heard of general guidelines as to how the game progresses, I was careful not to get specifics. My current plan is to:

1- Get all Gym badges DONE!
    2- Defeat the Elite 4 and the Champion DONE!
    in here I changed the difficulty to Challenge
    3- Get the in game legendaries DONE!
    4- Beat Black Tower (in progress and currently on Area 9)
    5- Finish Route 8 and everything below
    6- Defeat the Elite 4 and the Champion in initial Challenge mode
    7- Defeat all "leftover" trainers i.e. Cynthia, Game Freak dude, Cheren, etc.
    8- Go to the PWT and win everything but the Champions tournament
    9- Defeat the Elite 4 and the Champion in remetach Challenge mode
    10- Go to the PWT and win the Champions tournament

I have a question: in the Champions tournament, would I face Red in the final?? I want to cap off this generation beating that legendary trainer. If it is anyone else, the PWT lost a great deal of appeal to me.
    It can be Red, but it can be any of the others. It's random

Quote Originally Posted by Super Sonic View Post
    Following on what Serebii said, there shouldn't be a problem with Red not being the last trainer. After all, having a competitive Pikachu really hurts him, no matter how canonical it is for him to have it. And if you want a challenge, they all prove tough in their own respect, even Lance, Steven, and Wallace, who are less varied in type. They all share the same title of Champion, anyway. Though I understand why you would want to fight Red last(I wanted Steven and got it), anyone else in the finals shouldn't take away from the appeal.
    AC Dream Address: 4300 2225 3013 // Most Recent Shiny: Dunsparce!

Are the trainers in the PWT affected by Challenge/Easy Mode? The levels are set of course, but do they get smarter or dumber depending on the selected game mode?

Anyone saying Red is a good trainer please explain to me how he can have a Jolteon get OHKO'ed by a Thunderbolt. From a Rhyhorn.

Proud owner of an English Unnerve Mewtwo.

I'm currently in Sinnoh and Johto-Kanto at the moment. If you want to do a trade, notify me when as I won't be online in Kalos (Gen VI).

I love getting 7 points for only 3 matches! So I finally beat the world tournament (I always pick rotation battles) with three ev trained pokemon (electivire, hydregion, and larvesta) and one OU non ev trained pokemon (espeon). I recently unlocked the champions tournament and got my butt kicked XD. So now I'm IV breeding eevee so I can have an ev trained espeon and also looking at IV breeding a wall.
    Credit to Mew_ for the pokemon banner, Equal-to-Heaven for the braviary clock, ~.:Northern Lights:.~ for the pokemon badge, and the shiny card made by me

Friend code: 0533-5377-8837
    I have normal type (minccino, dunsparce and smeargle)

Spoiler:- My shiny card:
    [IMG]http://i41.*******.com/2vs1amu.jpg[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://i45.*******.com/20fva8.jpg[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://i41.*******.com/2vhzyoj.jpg[/IMG]

The final division of VGC teams' PWTs are now released!

But given my bad streak in the seniors' division's PWT recently, although I got 5 BP from winning the champions tourney earlier today, I'll have to wait to play this one...

^ Note: Misclicked on post's original thread, posted it in the wrong thread, didn't realize it until a few moments before this copy, so I had to delete it, and move it to the correct one... I'll take a few warning points, if the mods would allow it, if discipline is warranted by my mistake...
    Last edited by gregjammer; 18th November 2012 at 4:13 AM.
    My D/P FC: 4255-0421-2254
    My Pt FC: 2450-0507-5436(old)
    My HG FC:3524-8966-7093(old)
    My black FC: 0691-4324-8351
    My black 2 FC: 3440-0907-8860
    My Y FC: 4038-6458-7352

I don't really know what EVs are to be honest. I don't know anything about them, how to train my pokemon using them, etc. I do know I'm getting my butt handed to me in the Champions Tournament because of them though with my new team. My last team by comparison suffered a lot less, and so I'm wondering is it possible to EV train your team by accident?

All credit to SM of Daedric Design for this awesome banner!

Y Team: Talonflame, Roserade, Aegislash, Goodra, Blaziken, Greninja
    3DS Friend Code: 1160 - 9940 - 3351
    Rock Type Friend Safari: Nosepass, Onix and Barbaracle.
    I has officially claimed

You don't know what Effort Values are? Try KO'ing the same species over and over until your Pokémon levels up, such as Whismur for HP. Sorry, but I'm not sure about the Isshu region's EV sites yet.

I'm currently doing the PWT stuff, I used the same team (Garchomp-Scizor-Infernape) in all the tournaments and it worked pretty well

My Pokemon Y Team

My favorite Poke's from each generation :

Quote Originally Posted by Lorenzo The Comic View Post
    You don't know what Effort Values are? Try KO'ing the same species over and over until your Pokémon levels up, such as Whismur for HP. Sorry, but I'm not sure about the Isshu region's EV sites yet.
    Not really. I always used the prehistoric "*****, I used Earthquake, you're dead" method, but I may have to change it up now.

All credit to SM of Daedric Design for this awesome banner!

Y Team: Talonflame, Roserade, Aegislash, Goodra, Blaziken, Greninja
    3DS Friend Code: 1160 - 9940 - 3351
    Rock Type Friend Safari: Nosepass, Onix and Barbaracle.
    I has officially claimed

Quote Originally Posted by GildedScizor View Post
    Not really. I always used the prehistoric "*****, I used Earthquake, you're dead" method, but I may have to change it up now.
    This link here gives rather simple explanation of EV's and the ways that reduce how many of a single pokemon you need to KO to train quickly. At the bottom you have the best places to train for each stat. You may need to resort to breeding for natures, though, to increase your team's potential.

Someone can give me some advices about a water type team to use in PWT?
    I want a full water type team for PWT ;D
    Natsuyo

Quote Originally Posted by Natsuyo View Post
    Someone can give me some advices about a water type team to use in PWT?
    I want a full water type team for PWT ;D
    Is this for the general tournaments or only the Water Type Expert Tournament? If for type expert, then Rotom-W, Lanturn, Starmie and Ludicolo make great choices to KO opposing water types. If you want to use it for any tournament, try using DW Politoed and Swift Swim Kingdra if you want an easy time winning. Rotom-W works well here too. Are you looking for movesets too?

Yeah I'm looking for a good moveset too...
    However this team is for general tournaments, but i need some help about politoed because i can't obtain it, i have a kingdra and a kyogre,do you think is better kyogre instead politoed? and eventually i hate ludicolo XD can i use a Milotic?
    Natsuyo

Yeah I'm looking for a good moveset too...
    However this team is for general tournaments, but i need some help about politoed because i can't obtain it, i have a kingdra and a kyogre,do you think is better kyogre instead politoed? and eventually i hate ludicolo XD can i use a Milotic?
    Kyogre is way better, but you can't use Kyogre in any tournament beyond the Unova leaders tournament, so if you want Drizzle, you need Politoed. You can use another pokemon with Rain Dance and Damp Rock being held, if you want rain. Ludicolo is great only in rain, but if you dislike stalling, you'll hate Ludicolo even more. Milotic is fine, as are most Water types, so feel free to use it. For movesets on Milotic, you could try with Leftovers and Bold nature:
    -Scald
    -Recover
    -Ice Beam
    -Dragon Tail or Toxic

If you go with Kingdra:
    Item: Life Orb/Damp Rock
    Nature: Adamant
    -Dragon Dance
    -Outrage
    -Waterfall
    -Rain Dance(if you don't use Politoed) or Draco Meteor (if you do use it)

I would also recommend Rotom-W if you can't use Politoed, and for a set:
    Item: Choice Scarf/Choice Specs
    Nature: Timid
    -Volt Switch
    -Hydro Pump
    -Hidden Power (Ice type preferably)
    -Trick / Thunderbolt

You should try EV training them, but it's not needed to win most tournaments except the last few. If you don't know what that is, I posted a link to Serebii's page a few posts above.

Quote Originally Posted by gustavo 14 View Post
    Is this for the general tournaments or only the Water Type Expert Tournament? If for type expert, then Rotom-W, Lanturn, Starmie and Ludicolo make great choices to KO opposing water types. If you want to use it for any tournament, try using DW Politoed and Swift Swim Kingdra if you want an easy time winning. Rotom-W works well here too. Are you looking for movesets too?
    Can you help me? ;P
    Natsuyo

Thank you so much I think I'll use Milotic,Starmie,Kyogre or Kingdra =)
    yeah I know what Effort values are, i Ev trained my starmie,kyogre but not Kingdra and Milotic :S
    Natsuyo

Thank you so much I think I'll use Milotic,Starmie,Kyogre or Kingdra =)
    yeah I know what Effort values are, i Ev trained my starmie,kyogre but not Kingdra and Milotic :S
    No problem, though you won't be able to use Kyogre for many of the tournaments. And be careful when fighting any of the 5 water gym leaders and Wallace, since Water vs. Water isn't fun, especially those with Starmie. Grass type and Electric type leaders are also something to watch for, but you knew that already. And for future reference, try editing posts instead of doule posting. Saves the mods trouble of infracting you.

Quote Originally Posted by gustavo 14 View Post
    No problem, though you won't be able to use Kyogre for many of the tournaments. And be careful when fighting any of the 5 water gym leaders and Wallace, since Water vs. Water isn't fun, especially those with Starmie. Grass type and Electric type leaders are also something to watch for, but you knew that already. And for future reference, try editing posts instead of doule posting. Saves the mods trouble of infracting you.
    Sorry for double posts..
    However I have another question about the other leaders with electric type and grass type pokčmon.What king of pokemon I have to use to destroy the power of water and electro?
    Ps: Can you tell me your best team for PWT?
    Natsuyo

Page 9 of 19 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast