Page 10 of 19 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Pokémon World Tournament Discussion Thread [Read First Post]

What I found to be very successful is Prankster Liepard, Skill Link Cicinno, and StallSweep Shield Dust Dustox(Roost, Quiver Dance, Iron Defense, Bug Buzz). I don't see what is the big fuss is about Beautifly; a Dustox can pull its weight against a Metagross.

Quote Originally Posted by confuser987 View Post
    What I found to be very successful is Prankster Liepard, Skill Link Cicinno, and StallSweep Shield Dust Dustox(Roost, Quiver Dance, Iron Defense, Bug Buzz). I don't see what is the big fuss is about Beautifly; a Dustox can pull its weight against a Metagross.
    Oh my god.. Dustox is awful for me.. and the ability shield dust is useless with it...
    Natsuyo

Hey don't knock Shield Dust

preventing stat downs , *FLINCHING*, and passive status is a great thing to have

i'm very curious about this. if a pokemon with the ability technician is to attack using acrobatics while holding no item, does the base power boosts by x1.5 first due to its ability then double due to no item or vice versa? if it is the former case, then acrobatics delivers whooping 165 power, not including STAB or flying gem
    Pokemon Y - Ash - FC: 5284-1497-3877

It's a good ability but not the pokemon which has it...
    Quote Originally Posted by R_N View Post
    Hey don't knock Shield Dust

preventing stat downs , *FLINCHING*, and passive status is a great thing to have
    Natsuyo

Quote Originally Posted by Natsuyo View Post
    Sorry for double posts..
    However I have another question about the other leaders with electric type and grass type pokčmon.What king of pokemon I have to use to destroy the power of water and electro?
    Ps: Can you tell me your best team for PWT?
    Well, with a water team, teaching Starmie Thunderbolt is the best thing you can do. Gastrodon would need Grass Knot if you're willing to teach it that too. For other electric types, your Kingdra will be your best bet, not being weak to them. But the rest will have trouble. I went with a rain team using Politoed, with variations of Magnezone, Tornadus, Ludicolo, Breloom and Dragonite to win the tournaments. The only problem with using rain is that other leaders can easily take advantage of your free weather, notably Juan and Clair, so you need to be careful with that. My team performed very well, though that's no surprise with Drizzle.
    SPPf Bros. Kerfuffle //AC Dream Address: 4300 2225 3013 // Most Recent Shiny: Mienfoo

=D Thank you bro ;p can you tell me an alternative team instead a rain dance team?
    Quote Originally Posted by gustavo 14 View Post
    Well, with a water team, teaching Starmie Thunderbolt is the best thing you can do. Gastrodon would need Grass Knot if you're willing to teach it that too. For other electric types, your Kingdra will be your best bet, not being weak to them. But the rest will have trouble. I went with a rain team using Politoed, with variations of Magnezone, Tornadus, Ludicolo, Breloom and Dragonite to win the tournaments. The only problem with using rain is that other leaders can easily take advantage of your free weather, notably Juan and Clair, so you need to be careful with that. My team performed very well, though that's no surprise with Drizzle.
    Natsuyo

=D Thank you bro ;p can you tell me an alternative team instead a rain dance team?
    Oh, there are many alternatives you could use, though I haven't tried much with others. Since you can do these tournaments is Doubles and Triples, you could experiment with that. I'd suggest a Trick Room team for Doubles, though I don't know how effective that is against anyone.
    SPPf Bros. Kerfuffle //AC Dream Address: 4300 2225 3013 // Most Recent Shiny: Mienfoo

It's a good ability but not the pokemon which has it...
    Well, the trainers in PWT don't switch out pokemon doing battle. So that gives me time to let Liepard paralyze or trick iron ball. After my liepard dies, I set up with Dustox. Hey look, it can take down a team of dragons.

I'm got my butt handed to me by Red twice in the final round. I was expecting a Pikachu vs Pikachu match, but noooooooo. It a Blastoise with Scarf.
    Come visit my pokemon.

Pokemon Amie! YAAAAAY!!

Hi, I think I am finally determined to EV train a team for the PWT, specifically for the leaders tournaments, single battle, and I would like to know what you think of my plan for my team so far:

Blazicken with wide lens.
    252 Att
    252Spd
    4Hp
    Hi Jump Kick
    Night Slash
    ThunderPunch(kind of unsure about this one)
    Blaze Kick/Flare Blitz

Milotic with Leftovers
    SpDf 252
    SpAtt252
    Spd4
    Ice Beam
    Scald
    Recover
    Toxic

Salamance with Choice Scarf/Life Orb
    Att252
    Spd252
    SpAtt4
    Dragon Tail/Dragon Dance
    Outrage
    Arial Ace/Flamethrower
    Stone Edge/Draco Meteor

Unsure of Last Member of Team

I'm looking for something that is defensive that can survive strong attacks and lower opponents stats, paralyze, ect.

Also taking suggestions on changes made to already existing team. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by gustavo 14 View Post
    This link here gives rather simple explanation of EV's and the ways that reduce how many of a single pokemon you need to KO to train quickly. At the bottom you have the best places to train for each stat. You may need to resort to breeding for natures, though, to increase your team's potential.
    Thanks very much

All credit to SM of Daedric Design for this awesome banner!

Y Team: Talonflame, Roserade, Aegislash, Goodra, Blaziken, Greninja
    3DS Friend Code: 1160 - 9940 - 3351
    Rock Type Friend Safari: Nosepass, Onix and Barbaracle.
    I has officially claimed

I just looked at the Japanese website to see the new promotion to fight Trip, Stephan, Kotetsu, & Virgil. Can anyone tell who the Ace trainer & the youngster are supposed to be in the pictures

Black2/
    Heart Gold/X Trainer Card:
    • Name- Dale Hudson
    • Status- Hearing from Cheren that Team Flare has attacked the Aspertia Academy and blew up the school to try to get me to leave Kalos
    • Idols- Tucker Satoshi, Red, Cynthia, Alder, Lance
    • Hometown- Aspertia City, Unova, USA
    • Graduated from- Aspertia Academy

Did anyone else notice that Nintendo apparently messed up on one of the tournament distributions again? I just saw this on Pokemon.com (I do not believe it has come to the attention of Serebii.net yet, as it has not appeared in the news feed):

Note: The initial distribution of the “2012: Masters Division Challenge” tournament data for the Pokémon World Tournament contained inaccurate team information for one of our World Championship players. In order to ensure that this player’s team is properly represented, we have fixed the data, and it can now be downloaded at the Pokémon World Tournament.

If you have already downloaded the original “2012: Masters Division Challenge,” you can download the updated tournament data “2012 Masters Division Challenge” and play against this world-class team of Pokémon. Note the updated name—the correct download does not have a colon after 2012 in the title.
    Friend Code: 2809 8504 5239

Friend Safari: Minccino, Lillipup and Ditto

Time Zone: GMT -4/ U.S. Eastern

Guys I need a help about my sandstorm team!

My team:

Tyranitar: lonely nature, crunch,payback,stone edge and earthquake
    Excadrill: sand force,lonely nature, earthquake,iron head,rock slide and sword dance
    Terrakion:impish nature, sword dance, x scissor, stone edge and sacred sword

I need a good moveset for every pokemon because in PWT is difficult to battle some types of pokemon.

Is it a good sandstorm team?

Someone can give others pwt's team?

Thank you very much
    Natsuyo

I hate Pokemon that are holding Focus Sashes or have the Sturdy ability.

They're seriously the only reason I ever lose in the World Leaders tournament, my Garchomp and Hydreigon pretty much dominating everything otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by Rakurai View Post
    I hate Pokemon that are holding Focus Sashes or have the Sturdy ability.

They're seriously the only reason I ever lose in the World Leaders tournament, my Garchomp and Hydreigon pretty much dominating everything otherwise.
    Cynthia is the worst offender for that and her infernal sashed Garchomp

I found this clip on the post for the Ash vs Stephan episode. It talks a little bit of the special event where you can fight the anime rivals:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qGW0C...ature=youtu.be

Here's what we now know so far:
    • Trip is an Ace Trainer in the game & he'll be using his Jellicent (evolved from his Frillish in episode 10)
    • Virgil's a Ranger & he'll be using Eevee & Espeon
    • Stephan's a Black Belt & he'll be using Sawk & Zebstrika
    • Kotetsu's a Youngster & he'll be using Samurott (who knows Megahorn)

Black2/
    Heart Gold/X Trainer Card:
    • Name- Dale Hudson
    • Status- Hearing from Cheren that Team Flare has attacked the Aspertia Academy and blew up the school to try to get me to leave Kalos
    • Idols- Tucker Satoshi, Red, Cynthia, Alder, Lance
    • Hometown- Aspertia City, Unova, USA
    • Graduated from- Aspertia Academy

Not sure if anyone's discovered this before...but you can manipulate the mix rotation battles (haven't tried the other battles yet) to get the AI to pick a certain Pokemon.

I first discovered this when I jokingly took my lv 100 EV trained virizion, newly hatched geodude, UT lv 35 reversal mountain volcarona and newly hatched wurmple into the mix rotation PWT.
    In the first matchup, the NPC (think it was Clay) picked my geodude and I thought 'phew, thank goodness he took an UT pokemon, if virizion got picked there's no way I'd win.'
    In my second and third matchup, the AI took my volcarona twice.

When I tried again in the tournament with virizion, budew, volcarona and wurmple, the AI picked Volarona every single time. I'm starting to think that the game picks a pokemon of yours that has the best type advantage against your entire team, regardless of their stats.
    This means that you can essentially trick the AI into receiving a useless Pokemon (or at least a weak, UT pokemon). It IS kind of risky because if you take a team of three that's weak to another type and your opponent happens to have that type, you may have a bad time. But assuming your fourth 'useless' pokemon is taught a rubbish movepool and is completely untrained, you're basically fighting 4 to 3, which I guess might be beneficial. I think I may make my team virizion, volacrona, heracross and pidgeotto, and teach pidgeotto some useless moves.
    Thowra 4986 3020 9888 (White 2)
    Thowra 1289-9658-9104 (3DS for Y) Friend Safari: Water - Panpour/Gyarados/Frogadier
    GMT +11 timezone

I just tried the recent PWT download that came out today, it should be pretty easy. Kotetsu looks like he uses the Youngster sprite.

Quote Originally Posted by Serebii View Post
    Are there more Pokemon for these trainers?
    Confirmed Generation VI:

Chespin, Fennekin, Froakie, Xerneas, Yveltal, Sylveon, Pancham, Fletchling, Helioptile, Gogoat, Noivern, Vivillon, Talonflame, Skrelp, Clauncher, Spewpa, Scatterbug, Litleo, Flabébé, Honedge, Pangoro, Inkay, Malamar, Spritzee, Swirlix, Skiddo, Bunnelby, Dedenne, Furfrou, Quilladin, Braixen, Frogadier, Tyrunt, Amaura, Meowstic, Pyroar, Aurorus, Tyrantrum, Doublade

I doubt so. The order that they sent out their Pokémon looked the same as listed on Serebii's article when I played it.

Finally took on the Masters Division tourney. Surprisingly enough, I reigned supreme my first time through, and I absolutely destroyed Ray (the champion).
    I'm really loving my team.
    Under Construction

Unhappy

anyone help me with the unova leaders? my team is as follows

lucario level 61 met at level 5 at Floccesy Ranch
    jolly nature, strong willed
    inner focus ability
    moves:
    swords dance
    close combat
    dragon pulse
    double team

magnezone level 61 met at level 10 at virbank complex
    brave nature, somewhat stubborn
    magnet pull ability
    moves:
    thunder wave
    double team
    discharge
    metal sound

serperior level 62 met at level 5 at aspertia city
    mild nature, highly persistent
    overgrow ability
    moves:
    cut
    coil
    leaf blade
    double team

unfezant level 65 met at level 4 at route 20
    brave nature, good endurance
    big pecks ability
    moves:
    double team
    featherdance
    tailwind
    fly

zoroark level 65 met at driftveil city (OT N)
    Hasty nature
    illusion ability
    moves:
    payback
    hone claws
    double team
    punishment

azumarill level 65 met at level 25 at route 6
    bold nature, likes to thrash about
    huge power ability
    moves:
    surf
    dive
    hydro pump
    strength

and the hold items i currently have on me are as follows:
    power band
    power lens
    lucky egg
    macho brace
    exp share
    expert belt
    rocky helmet
    scope lens
    sharp beak

anyone know of any tactics that can help me beat unova leaders with my current setup?
    Last edited by samrules4; 4th December 2012 at 9:34 PM.

Page 10 of 19 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast