Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Pokémon World Tournament Discussion Thread [Read First Post]

It doesn't matter which location the Pokémon was caught for battle purposes. What items are your Pokémon holding?

Serperior can get Aqua Tail as a Move Tutor to replace Cut. Azumarill should have physical attacks such as Waterfall and Ice Punch. As Lucario has the best nature of the team, he might favor Crunch over Dragon Pulse (as Jolly nature reduces Sp. Atk) and have ExtremeSpeed. I don't really like having Double Team just to increase evasiveness, try including more type coverage. You can check out the In-Game RMT forums for help with your team.
    Last edited by Lorenzo The Comic; 4th December 2012 at 8:43 PM.

I love this feature. On my White 2 version I beat the tournaments upwards of 50 times already. I've been using my team that I use for the Battle Subway and they're EV trained and IV bred with ideal movesets. There are some teams I have trouble with in the Champions tournament still though.

Quote Originally Posted by Ice Car View Post
    I love this feature. On my White 2 version I beat the tournaments upwards of 50 times already. I've been using my team that I use for the Battle Subway and they're EV trained and IV bred with ideal movesets. There are some teams I have trouble with in the Champions tournament still though.
    Same my team storms through it unless I uh face Brock..he is evil.Other than that all the other ones are easy.

Is there a place that shows the EV spreads for the Pokemon used in the tournaments?

Because I keep finding myself dumbfounded by some of things my opponent's Pokemon are able to survive (IE, Tate's Gallade surviving an Outrage from my Garchomp that has maxed attack EVs and a max IV).

I like the choice of moves for Unova League download, some of them are hilarious lol

- Trip's Serperior has Wrap, and his Conkeldurr has no STAB and 2 Rock moves (I think this is the first time we have an Ace Trainer with a fully evolved Pokemon that knows Wrap)
    - Stephan's Sawk has nothing but Fight moves, and his Liepard has no STAB + 2 Ghost moves
    - Kotetsu's Samurott has 3 Water moves and his Lucario has the same problem as Stephan's Sawk

Virgil is pretty much the only one who's rather decent.
    Also, all of the ones I've mentioned are their first and third Pokemon, not sure if this is a coincidence or not lol

I don't watch the anime, though. I assume those odd move choices are based on their moves in the anime, where everything works.....

My shinies. Just click the links~

~Shiny Banner 1~
    ~Shiny Banner 2~

My shinies are not for trade or cloning.
    Shinies are not listed in order, for example the last shiny on the banner is not always the latest shiny I've obtained.
    Banner 1 made by Light Venusaur, thanks ^_^

Quote Originally Posted by Shine View Post

I don't watch the anime, though. I assume those odd move choices are based on their moves in the anime, where everything works.....
    It's exactly this

I just noticed this after someone actually battled Janine in World Leader Tournament

just like Fantina in the downloadable tournament, Janine's a cheater

while Fantina has an Origin Forme Giratina without the Griseous Orb, Janine's Crobat has an illegal moveset (Hypnosis + Brave Bird)

Now I wonder if there are any other cheater NPCs in the PWT.

~Shiny Banner 1~
    ~Shiny Banner 2~

Shinies are not listed in order, for example the last shiny on the banner is not always the latest shiny I've obtained.

I've been doing quite a lot of PWT in the last 2days and I can say for sure that some pokemon are overpowered and have maximum stats that should be impossible to achieve even with EV training.

Like for example. I've been outrun by a wailord and blastoise. My EV trained Latias with 313speed (at lev100) was beaten by a Blastoise whose speed should be max at 280 >.>
    Pokemon White 2_Hours: 714_Medals: 247/255_National Catcher 647/649 Missing Manaphy, Shaymin
    Pokemon X_Shiny_Octillery_Alomomola_Clawitzer x2_Goldeen_Luvdisc_Quilfish x4_Magicarp_Gyrados

This is one of my favorite additions to a Pokemon game, probably ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Bathrezz View Post
    I've been doing quite a lot of PWT in the last 2days and I can say for sure that some pokemon are overpowered and have maximum stats that should be impossible to achieve even with EV training.

Like for example. I've been outrun by a wailord and blastoise. My EV trained Latias with 313speed (at lev100) was beaten by a Blastoise whose speed should be max at 280 >.>
    Choice Scarf.

Both of the Pokemon you mentioned are using one and it's one of the main reasons why you can't rely entirely on fast Pokemon in the PWT, as if you lack something durable enough to take their hits, they'll destroy your entire team (Maylene's Medicham being an especially good example).

Do you guys have any strategy to defeat Lance in the Champ PWT?

I've taken Steven, Wallace, Red, Blue, Alder and Cynthia multiple times, but Lance is the only champion that I can't defeat.

I've been doing the Champion's Tournament in Triple Battle modality. I hate that his Haxorus has Choice Scarf, it outruns everything except my Scarfed Garchomp, but then his other pokemon took him down with a draco meteor barrage.
    IGN: Carlos
    FC: 0903-2783-6541

[CENTER]SIGNATURE SOON...[/COLOR]

I would recommend single battles. Use focus sash. It took me a whole day and night of almost constant playing to beat the champions. After a few rounds I knew my pokemon could win but it all mattered to RNG and what pokemon they used. In my winning round yesterday night Lance was my 2nd opponent, luckily he used Dragonite, Flygon and Gyrados, it took one ice beam for each dragon except for gyrados because it avoided my thunder but my Electrivire finished it off. Since you will be battling the same 12 trainers over and over you might consider throwing out some TMs to focus on the reoccurring pokemon and rotate your pokemon incase 1 isn't pulling its weight.

Its all about patience and perseverance, you'll win eventually if you know you have champion pokemon.
    Last edited by Bathrezz; 11th December 2012 at 9:43 PM. Reason: Added a sentence
    Pokemon White 2_Hours: 714_Medals: 247/255_National Catcher 647/649 Missing Manaphy, Shaymin
    Pokemon X_Shiny_Octillery_Alomomola_Clawitzer x2_Goldeen_Luvdisc_Quilfish x4_Magicarp_Gyrados

lol, call me very very late on this, but I just realized now that PWT Final theme is just a remix of PWT theme

~Shiny Banner 1~
    ~Shiny Banner 2~

Does anyone know if you select easy mode will the AI of the PWT and battle subway be reduced?

Anyone have any tips for Doubles battle subway?
    Last edited by Bathrezz; 12th December 2012 at 11:48 AM.

FINALLY!!!

Defeated Lance in the Final Match of a Champions PWT in a Triple Battle. Now I have defeated all the Champs at least once, and never lost to Blue.

The team I used did great against Alder, Wallace and Lance and they deserve to be homenaged with a sig.
    IGN: Carlos
    FC: 0903-2783-6541

[CENTER]SIGNATURE SOON...[/COLOR]

I use a Truant Durant with Cloyster and Garchomp. I haven't beaten that tournament 10 times yet to get to the Champions but it's pretty much fool proof so far.
    ;235

Quote Originally Posted by Bathrezz View Post
    Does anyone know if you select easy mode will the AI of the PWT and battle subway be reduced?

Anyone have any tips for Doubles battle subway?
    both of those are unaffected by difficulty keys I know that coz I was tempted to try that myself with the subway

i unlocked and beat the champions tournament last night. patting myself on the back because i've used my in-game team for the whole run.

serperior (lonely) @leftovers
    coil / leaf blade / aqua tail / iron tail

arcanine (lonely) @shell bell / choice band (once i could afford it)
    flare blitz / wild charge / outrage / extremespeed

vaporeon (mild) @brightpowder / expert belt
    surf (switched to scald to make doubles/triples easier) / ice beam / signal beam / shadow ball

galvantula (modest) @brightpowder / focus sash (once i could afford it)
    thunder / volt switch / giga drain / bug buzz

hydreigon (modest) @expert belt / life orb
    draco meteor / earth power / flamethrower / dark pulse

i grinded in the battle subway when i first got to nimbasa to afford power items so they were all ev trained perfectly, with the exception of serperior and maybe arcanine, who were ev trained pretty damn well if not perfectly. between that and finding beneficial natures (lonely is the new adamant, what what) and at least above average ivs for every 'mon (including SRing some for snivy), it was my own little version of the nuzlocke challenge, trust me.

champion's tourney gave me a lot of trouble (except for red -- his team's classic but weak). dem dragons. at a certain point, my serperior just became useless (that coil set was marvelous throughout the game and against the e4, but honey, you at the world tournament now). there were one or two instances where i had to scream HAXXX!! alone in my apartment. some crits (against me) and misses (galvantula, wut u got six eyes fo'?!?!) messed up a few of my runs, but i won a few battles i wasn't supposed to myself, so i'd say it's not as unbalanced as some of the other experiences i've had with battle tower / subway. i was really impressed w the ai this time around. that tramp maylene switched her damned medicham out and put in her toxicroak to absorb my vaporeon's scald at one point. i was shocked. my team kinda has a problem taking down fighting types to begin with, so i really didn't need another reason to hate maylene, but she gave me one anyway. alder also foresaw (can the cpu foresee things?? or is it just cheating??? lol) my arcanine picking off one of his 'mons with extremespeed so he switched out to chandelure. i was pissed. but in the end, sweet victory was mine.

i read somewhere that in every game she's been in, cynthia's pokemon all have perfect ivs for every stat. i wouldn't be surprised if that was the same for all the champions here, as everyone hits like a truck and is incredibly fast. the focus sashes and choice scarves gave me the most trouble, i'd say. once you get trampled and you know who's holding what (or once you look it up on serebii) it's easier to adjust and work around. i have a buttload of bp now and a middling level of pride in my pokemon who've seen me through all bw2 has to offer at this point. i'm eager to check out the type expert tournaments, too. been looking for a hidden grotto vulpix for seven days... no luck. (wish i could get those damn pass powers... but that's for another thread =]).
    Last edited by br7ndon; 16th December 2012 at 8:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by br7ndon View Post
    (can the cpu foresee things?? or is it just cheating??? lol)
    I'm very sure it does, that's its way of cheating, and it does so even outside the PWT and Subway.

Just yesterday I fought Hugh, it's my Kyurem against his Samurott, his Samurott use Megahorn, so I switch into Emboar expecting another Megahorn......Samurott use Hydro Pump

~Shiny Banner 1~
    ~Shiny Banner 2~

It most definitely does read your moves with a very high frequency at times.

Best example is probably if you're fighting anything that knows Yawn. if you switch your current Pokemon out after they get hit with it, the AI will almost always decide to use it again and hit your next Pokemon as it's coming in. I usually end up having to switch out almost 10 times in a row before they decide to do something else.

They also tend to deliberately hit you with ineffective attacks or simply not attack at all whenever you use Endure for the purpose of not pushing your HP low enough for Reversal to cause high damage.
    Last edited by Rakurai; 16th December 2012 at 7:54 PM.

I'm very sure it does, that's its way of cheating, and it does so even outside the PWT and Subway.

Just yesterday I fought Hugh, it's my Kyurem against his Samurott, his Samurott use Megahorn, so I switch into Emboar expecting another Megahorn......Samurott use Hydro Pump
    A lot of times, I find the AI using moves randomly like this even if I have the same Pokémon stay in for ten turns. For me, I think it's just coincidence.

[IMG]http://i49.*******.com/2h6dobp.png[/IMG]

Was your Kyurem at low health after the Megahorn? I'm not sure if it's so much cheating as it is predictive AI; I've had it backfire when Elesa's Zebstrika Flame Charged my death fodder Dewott, likely expecting a Magnemite switch to take a Volt Switch.

The AI will deliberately use moves that cause less damage to your Pokemon if they're low enough on HP for them to finish them off.

Whether it's to conserve PP or to potentially hit a Pokemon you switch in for higher damage is beyond me.

Quote Originally Posted by Excitable Boy View Post
    Was your Kyurem at low health after the Megahorn? I'm not sure if it's so much cheating as it is predictive AI; I've had it backfire when Elesa's Zebstrika Flame Charged my death fodder Dewott, likely expecting a Magnemite switch to take a Volt Switch.
    nope, it actually took 2 Megahorn to put my Kyurem at half health, that's why I'm expecting at least one more Megahorn......

~Shiny Banner 1~
    ~Shiny Banner 2~

Quote Originally Posted by Rakurai View Post
    The AI will deliberately use moves that cause less damage to your Pokemon if they're low enough on HP for them to finish them off.

Whether it's to conserve PP or to potentially hit a Pokemon you switch in for higher damage is beyond me.
    I find that the AI usually does this, too.

Except when I sent out my level 80 Feraligatr against a level 55 Zebstrika, it used Wild Charge twice, getting my Feraligatr's HP down to 60%, used Flame Charge three times, then used Wild Charge again.

[IMG]http://i49.*******.com/2h6dobp.png[/IMG]

Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast