Page 15 of 19 FirstFirst ... 5111213141516171819 LastLast

Thread: Pokémon World Tournament Discussion Thread [Read First Post]

Is the use of Soul Dew banned like it is in the Battle Subway? Well not banned, but you know what I mean.
    3DS FC: 3652-1012-6122

Baking Soda, I got Baking Soda!

Quote Originally Posted by TheBattleFrontierAsh1 View Post
    Is the use of Soul Dew banned like it is in the Battle Subway? Well not banned, but you know what I mean.
    Definitely, in just the same way.
    3DS Friend Code: 2337-4080-6077 | Friend Safari (Poison): Cascoon, Venomoth, Muk
    Kalos Pokedex completed on 1 January 2014
    National Pokedex completed on 7 July 2014

Shinies:

aaaaaaaaaaaahahahaha just had an amazing final against Sabrina in World Leaders

Alakazam destroyed my Durant with Focus Blast before it could do anything so I thought for sure I was dead.
    I decided to hedge my bets on Focus Blast missing and go with Acupressure and got hit in the face. Then protect to stall it out, then try Acurpressure again, survive with 1 HP. At this point I thought it was really completely and totally over but then through a miraculous combination of Protect & misses (since one of my earlier Acupressures was Evasion) I managed to get back up to full health (Black Sludge) while boosting every stat to +6 and swept her team. It got off a few Shadow Balls once I realized it was out of Focus Blast and I think Charge Beam and they barely did anything.

Needless to say it was terrifying.

Quote Originally Posted by R_N View Post
    aaaaaaaaaaaahahahaha just had an amazing final against Sabrina in World Leaders

Alakazam destroyed my Durant with Focus Blast before it could do anything so I thought for sure I was dead.
    I decided to hedge my bets on Focus Blast missing and go with Acupressure and got hit in the face. Then protect to stall it out, then try Acurpressure again, survive with 1 HP. At this point I thought it was really completely and totally over but then through a miraculous combination of Protect & misses (since one of my earlier Acupressures was Evasion) I managed to get back up to full health (Black Sludge) while boosting every stat to +6 and swept her team. It got off a few Shadow Balls once I realized it was out of Focus Blast and I think Charge Beam and they barely did anything.

Needless to say it was terrifying.
    I actually just got off close wins with Gardenia and Misty in the World Leaders but not as close as you well Misty really had me in a pinch. While I did predict her Starmie's Ice Beam and switched out into my Lucario and needless to say I did a good chuck, I ended up getting frozen for about 3 turns and the Ice Beam spam began, It was terrible! but alas I got out and was at +4 and used EQ which still didn't kill! but I had Extreme speed and killed it.

The Quagsire comes out I go for CC and it does not kill and she kills with EQ. I send out Latias, outspeed it and killed with Psychic. And Lanturn comes in with Ice Beam scaring the hell out of me and it lived the +1 Draco Meteor and kills my Latias after the Toxic damage. And all that's left is Dragonite who I was very scared could somehow get outspeed but it's a Dragonite and I realized that and killed with the Fire Punch because Lanturn was only at 5% from what I saw. And that was a close game! Swept Fantina with Dragonite though which was the final round! Woot swag!
    3DS FC: 3652-1012-6122

Baking Soda, I got Baking Soda!

I love reading these PWT rage stories. Been there done that
    Pokemon White 2_Hours: 714_Medals: 247/255_National Catcher 647/649 Missing Manaphy, Shaymin
    Pokemon X_Shiny_Octillery_Alomomola_Clawitzer x2_Goldeen_Luvdisc_Quilfish x4_Magicarp_Gyrados

Quote Originally Posted by Bathrezz View Post
    I love reading these PWT rage stories. Been there done that
    I wouldn't say there is as much "rage" as much as there is intense battles.

Sadly for me, my battles are not usually outstanding. The closest thing I had was fighting Fantina in the Ghost Type Expert Tournament with my Calm Mind/Substitute Mismagius and the 2012 Masters Division Challenge. In the former, using Fantina's Spiritomb as set-up bait was fun, being able to spam Calm Mind while Spiritomb failingly used Sucker Punch. In the latter, I got lazy and went in with my singles team, using Uxie, Gyarados, Lucario and Volcarona, and actually won, when my Doubles team failed to do the same. :S

In all, I'm still liking the PWT, even though I'm done with it and have no need for BP. I've just gone in for fun to battle, and the BP has gone to buy more battle items so I don't need to shuffle one Choice Scarf and Life Orb onto three different teams.
    AC Dream Address: 4300 2225 3013 // Secret Base Teams // Most Recent Shiny: Reshiram and Palkia

It can be rather funny If you vs Chili, then Cress and then have a Finale with Cilan. Was Having fits of laughter in the World leaders tournoment.

Or If you get the same type 3 times in a row! Like Brock, Roarack, Then Roxxane and in the world leaders!!

Dammit, I've been practically dead. Too busy fighting demons and shadows.......* points evoker at head*....... back to work...* fires*

† I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

I thought i had gotten kicked out of Dream World today, due to my PC suddenly neding to uodate. However, i was relieved that i could go back in and still finish up! I came out with a Wurmple. I have yet to pick him up, but I hope I get a Beautifly out of him when he evolves.

"Small but Brave! Keldeo the Hero!!"

3DS FC- 4141-3093-5467

FS- Flying Safari- Hawlucha,Woobat,Spearow

Please add me to your Friend Roster!

anyone take on the type expert tournaments yet? after finally finding a drought vulpix, i did some training and entered single battle style with ninetales, arcanine from my in-game team, and a chandelure. it was pretty tough, but i came out on top. not only do you need three strong fire types, but they have to be good at taking out other fire types. without the rock/ground moves that pretty much every pokemon i faced knew, i had to fight my away out of a lot of close calls. pain split on my ninetales did a lot of work. choice band outrage on arcanine helped a lot, too.

eager to do more, if just for the achievement medals. i have two dragon types: a hydreigon from my in-game team, and a shiny druddigon that i found while looking for my zweilous and decided to raise for the hell of it. i'm looking for bagon and dragonite with their hidden abilities, but they're pretty rare. i've got two grass types, too -- serperior and chlorophyll leafeon. i guess the next type expert tourney i take on depends on what i find next.

Pretty much all of the various type expert tournaments have a few Pokemon that can completely dominate them thanks to their secondary typing, moveset, and/or ability. Any fire type that's capable of learning Earthquake, for instance, will wipe out the fire tournament.

The Dragon one was the biggest joke out of all of them for me so far, since only one of my opponent's Pokemon even got a chance to move before they got OHKO'd.

I'm still looking for an interesting way to form good teams out of the rental choices. I look at the stats, items (seeing I have a grudge aganest Choice Items seeing they only allow one attack and that gets annoying), and attacks. If I knew what should get the first, second, and third spot things could get easier when getting a good rental team set up. In a guide book I had for the Platuim version it said there was an order to follow for a good team. I think it mentioned having a good speed go first, then attack/sp. attack, and then something for defense/sp. defense.

But that was for for the Battle Factory. What stats would for good for over-all rental tournaments?

I don't know what the deal is with the AI sometimes.

Recently, I used Substitute against Lt. Surge's Raichu, who fruitlessly attempted to use Thunder Wave, as I was expecting. However, it continued to keep using Thunder Wave until it got KO'd, rather then try to attack me. The odd thing is is that other AI opponents are smart enough to catch on and stop trying to inflict status on a Substitute...

For all non-download tournaments (especially Type Expert), do the Pokémon the trainers use have an appropriate nature for what they are meant to do (such as Adamant nature for physical attackers) and are flawless (all stats with 31 IV)? I am wondering since natures are not listed in Serebii.net's page on PWT teams.
    Friend Code for Friend Safari Only: 4570-8062-8681

Quote Originally Posted by Rakurai View Post

Recently, I used Substitute against Lt. Surge's Raichu, who fruitlessly attempted to use Thunder Wave, as I was expecting. However, it continued to keep using Thunder Wave until it got KO'd, rather then try to attack me. The odd thing is is that other AI opponents are smart enough to catch on and stop trying to inflict status on a Substitute...
    The first time I fought Lance was similar. He continued to use Earthquake with Salamence for three turns after I sent out Dragonite. I assumed it was locked into it, so I got some free setup until it used Dragon Claw. Thank goodness for Multiscale.

Quote Originally Posted by 49ersgiantsfan View Post
    For all non-download tournaments (especially Type Expert), do the Pokémon the trainers use have an appropriate nature for what they are meant to do (such as Adamant nature for physical attackers) and are flawless (all stats with 31 IV)? I am wondering since natures are not listed in Serebii.net's page on PWT teams.
    I would assume that natures are not set, but I can't confirm that. As for IV's, I'd assume they are 31, since it's a strong tendency for pokemon to have perfect IV's in Battle Frontier/Subway. At least, I think so.
    AC Dream Address: 4300 2225 3013 // Secret Base Teams // Most Recent Shiny: Reshiram and Palkia

So I cleared the Champions Tournament for a third time today-first two were Single Battles, this one was actually Triple.
    First battle was against Alder, and it got ugly right away, when my Choice Specs Hydreigon missed with Draco Meteor against his Volcarona. I then set up a Dragon Dance with my Scrafty, used my Choice Scarf Darmanitan to get the Volcarona out of there, and blasted Outrage with my Garchomp. Won 2-0.
    Next up was Lance, quickly got in the lead (had a Mamoswine with Choice Band and Ice Shard, which knocked out two of his guys) and used Shell Smash with Cloyster to get rid of that Haxorus (which probably had me the most worried out of his bunch, because of that Choice Scarf). Came out 4-0.
    Lastly was Cynthia, who was arguably even more awkward than Alder was. Started off by losing my entire first three (Garchomp, Hydreigon, and Mamoswine), though not without leaving her Garchomp at 1 HP. Then, the next turn, my Darmanitan knocked out her Lucario, and Cloyster used Shell Smash. Her last three were Glaceon, Spiritomb and Togekiss, and I still won, even after she froze my Darmanitan with Glaceon's Ice Beam (it immediately thawed out).

One thing I can say for sure is my Darmanitan totally earned a Bro Badge here.
    White 2 Friend Code: 1249 6986 4072

Dream World Pokemon available for breed:

Finally got around to beating the Unova leaders tournament. Now to come up with teams for the type-expert tourneys.

Credit to Sworn Metalhead for the banner

I'm trying to figure out how to get the best out of the random choices at both the Rental Turnament and the Rental Masters Turnament. These kinds of battles have always been my favorite and I've always been on the look out for tips to what to look for when picking three from the selection of six. What should I look for to send out first, second, and third? If I had some sort of guideline to follow things would work out better. I've been putting two pokemon againest each other in the stats department (example: the first pokemon againest the one next to it) and picking the one that ranks highest in the chosen stat.

I'll be very greatful if someone can give me some tips so that forming the perfect rental group of three each time becomes easier.

In all honesty, the only things you really need to be concerned about are not having multiple Pokemon with a common weakness and having decent type coverage. In the end, it still comes very much down to luck as to whether or not you'll run into a team that completely counters yours.

It's easy enough to identify which Pokemon are just plain bad, too (Pokemon that are running a physical moveset when they're much better at special attacks, for instance). If you see lots of said Pokemon, just cancel your selection and get a new set of Pokemon to choose from.

It's easy enough to identify which Pokemon are just plain bad, too (Pokemon that are running a physical moveset when they're much better at special attacks, for instance). If you see lots of said Pokemon, just cancel your selection and get a new set of Pokemon to choose from.
    I'm sometimes interested in those Pokemon, actually.
    In fact, at one point, I picked an awesome Adamant Galvantula that won me the tournament. It worked really well, because it actually has a higher Attack stat, along with X-Scissor, Wild Charge, and Poison Jab as three of its moves (I forgot what is the fourth move, but I remember I never need to use it, so probably it's just Slash)

My shinies. Just click the links~

~Shiny Banner 1~
    ~Shiny Banner 2~
    ~Shiny Banner 3~

My shinies are not for trade or cloning.
    Shinies are not listed in order, for example the last shiny on the banner is not always the latest shiny I've obtained.
    Banner 1 made by Light Venusaur, thanks ^_^

TGalvantula is one of those Pokemon where its two offensive stats are close enough that it can function decently while using a setup that utilizes the lower of the two stats.

But things like Azumarill running a special attacking set are unquestionably terrible.

Something like that happened to me the other day, but instead of Thunder Wave, it kept using Entrainment, after it sucessfully changed my ability when it used it the first time. I wasn't using substitute, which makes it even more baffling.

But things like Azumarill running a special attacking set are unquestionably terrible.
    It isn't that terrible, provided the Nature is Modest and the ability is not Huge Power. Azumarill's base Attack is the same as its base SAtk.

My shinies. Just click the links~

~Shiny Banner 1~
    ~Shiny Banner 2~
    ~Shiny Banner 3~

My shinies are not for trade or cloning.
    Shinies are not listed in order, for example the last shiny on the banner is not always the latest shiny I've obtained.
    Banner 1 made by Light Venusaur, thanks ^_^

Yeah. I'd have to agree with that from experience.

Only ice types and bulky steel types really have much of a chance at beating it.
    Mold Breaker Haxorus... :/ I tried using Dnite against Drayden in the Mono Dragon Tournament, and that thing swept with Outrage...

RPer's profile, 3DS Friend Code, and Nintendo Network ID

Quote Originally Posted by Shneak View Post
    Oh my good lord. I actually think that the Tournament evaluates your team in the first battle and then customizes the next match with Pokemon that have an advantage in typing or attacks. Also, the opponents ALWAYS get lucky by surviving with 1 HP, critical hits, perfect accuracy, etc. I have never had Hypnosis not miss against me.
    I've had hypnosis miss before, you're just unlucky
    black 2 fc: 2753-1852-9535
    dwfs i own:

I keep losing in the final round in the Sinnoh leaders tourney. And it's always for dumb reasons like crits at unfortunate moments and such. I'm almost at a loss as to how to deal with this.

Page 15 of 19 FirstFirst ... 5111213141516171819 LastLast