Page 16 of 19 FirstFirst ... 61213141516171819 LastLast

Thread: Pokémon World Tournament Discussion Thread [Read First Post]

I think I'm hating the PWT as much as the battle subway right now. I can't believe that I started out thinking, oh, this is ok, actually. On world leaders now, and five more wins seems very, very far out of sight...

Last round, their last pokemon, my last pokemon, sandstorm going, I have leftovers. My Starmie vs their Cinccino. I had them on red, sandstorm and their recoil takes them to 1HP. And then it kills me.

Then I remember why I don't play battle subway anymore...

I wonder why did GF put the region leader tournaments as a requirement to unlock the type expert tournament.....I think the type expert tournaments are actually easier ._.

My shinies. Just click the links~

~Shiny Banner 1~
    ~Shiny Banner 2~
    ~Shiny Banner 3~

My shinies are not for trade or cloning.
    Shinies are not listed in order, for example the last shiny on the banner is not always the latest shiny I've obtained.
    Banner 1 made by Light Venusaur, thanks ^_^

Quote Originally Posted by Shine View Post
    I wonder why did GF put the region leader tournaments as a requirement to unlock the type expert tournament.....I think the type expert tournaments are actually easier ._.
    Maybe it has something to do with having to train a ton of pokemon to be able to beat every one of them? Though I agree, it's a lot easier to bring a team that can beat 4-5 different teams of the same type than one that can beat 8+ teams of varying types. And to be honest, being able to use stuff like Volcarona in the Bug tournament and Thundurus in the Flying tournament should be illegal. It makes things absurdly easy.
    SPPf Bros. Kerfuffle //AC Dream Address: 4300 2225 3013 // Most Recent Shiny: Mienfoo

Quote Originally Posted by gustavo 14 View Post
    Maybe it has something to do with having to train a ton of pokemon to be able to beat every one of them? Though I agree, it's a lot easier to bring a team that can beat 4-5 different teams of the same type than one that can beat 8+ teams of varying types. And to be honest, being able to use stuff like Volcarona in the Bug tournament and Thundurus in the Flying tournament should be illegal. It makes things absurdly easy.
    Don't forget Heatran in both Steel and Fire.

I am having trouble with the Flying monotype torney though. I'm running Gyarados, Gliscor, and Rotom-F. I keep loosing to Skyla's Drifblim. It shows up every single time I fight her.

Question: Do the leaders always use their "signature" pokemon when you battle them? I have yet to have this not be the case and am getting sick of Whitney's miltank.

Credit to Sworn Metalhead for the banner

^Yes they always use their signatures on the first moveslot. The only exception I think is Red, his team will be random.

Maybe Blue as well, I actually didn't really notice so I'm not quite sure.

Quote Originally Posted by SilverMorty View Post
    ^Yes they always use their signatures on the first moveslot. The only exception I think is Red, his team will be random.

Does Blue even have a signature in this game? Because in HG/SS it was Pidgeot, this game he doesn't have that. And I've beaten him twice, even fought his other flying type.
    Never mind, did a Google search Red/Blue don't have a lead Pokemon.
    Last edited by TheBattleFrontierAsh1; 11th February 2013 at 3:15 PM.
    3DS FC: 3652-1012-6122
    Dark Pit isn't that bad of an inclusion, you'll get over it trust me.

Quote Originally Posted by SilverMorty View Post

I suppose that there is no way to avoid Whitney's Miltank then. Darn :/

Well, provided her Miltank's ability is not Scrappy, Spiritomb (and Sableye, but who uses Sableye anyway) completely walls Whitney's Miltank, while any other Ghost-Type only need to worry about its Zen Headbutt.

~Shiny Banner 1~
    ~Shiny Banner 2~
    ~Shiny Banner 3~

Shinies are not listed in order, for example the last shiny on the banner is not always the latest shiny I've obtained.

Well, provided her Miltank's ability is not Scrappy, Spiritomb (and Sableye, but who uses Sableye anyway) completely walls Whitney's Miltank, while any other Ghost-Type only need to worry about its Zen Headbutt.
    While that is true, unfortunately it doesn't help for a normal type challenge tourney >.<

Yes, yes, YES! I finally beat the Juniors Champion Tournament and did so with a team of Politoed, Wobbufett, Empoleon, and Shedinja.
        Spoiler:- 3DS friend-code:

So I know I'm not fully prepared as far as team pokemon go, but I'm really baffled by things going on while attempting the World Leaders tournament.

For example, my Sigilyph was just outsped by a Nidoqueen. Just looking at the base stats, Sigilyph is over 20 points higher than Nidoqueen...

And yesterday, my Umbreon was outsped by a Carracosta...Sure, Umbreon is slow, but it appears to have ~twice as high speed than Carracosta...

What exactly am I missing? I know I don't pay attention to move speed really, so maybe that's it, but it seems to happen so often that it can't be just that, can it? My Sigilyph isn't EV trained or anything either - it's a level 5 from the Dream Radar that I'm simply trying for certain moves/typing to beat this PWT.

I absolutely hate this place and have 0 intention of returning once my trainer card changes from this meh-green color...

Also, why do they get so many critical hits? I've lost matches just because they keep getting critical hits on my pokemon (I had one Poke OHKO, then my next one got a critical KO with an almost full health Poke) while I don't seem to get them often (or I get them at inopportune times, like my last one when my Umbreon used Quick Attack on an enemy who was halfway through the red HP...yay, thanks...).

Sorry for sounding really frustrated, but after spending 10+ hours of losing, I'm getting kind of annoyed of this kind of stuff happening, and I'd like to know if there's something I'm missing.

EDIT: Andddd I just lost another, when all I needed was for my Umbreon to make one last hit on a Camerupt who had less than half HP left...But: Umbreon is asleep! Camerupt used Flamethrower! [x3]. And I died. Funny, as I've only ever seen the opponent sleep for 2 turns, but never 3. But nope, mine like to sleep the max amount...Seriously, if I ever get that Orange trainer card, I'll be running out of that PWT so fast...

And now in my next battle, I hopelessly try to sleep a Chandelure, succeed, and it wakes up after 1 turn and kills me. This rigged place infuriates me immeasurably.

Again...How did my Arcanine just get outsped by Mamoswine? I just lost the final round again because 80 is higher than 97 or something....Idk...And my Sigilyph was outsped by that and Cloyster...*WHAT* am I missing here?

...Pidgeot confused my Arcanine, who hit himself twice in a row afterwards and was then KOed. Meanwhile, I have yet to see the opponent's confusion get in their way. There is absolutely no way this place is *not* rigged to some extent.
    Last edited by Cpchris; 15th February 2013 at 6:23 AM.
    ★★Click the card to see my complete shiny card!★★

Current Shiny Hunts
    Swablu, Vulpix, Cottonee; Black 2 (Abundant Shrine): 1,000 REs
    Scyther; Platinum (Route 210 North): 7,100 REs (+32,282 REs = 4 Phases)
    HeartGold Badge Quest (#14) (Azalea Town) - Heracross: 3,900 HBs (+4,783 HBs = 2 Phases)
    HEARTGOLD BADGE QUEST:
    JOHTO HALF:
    KANTO HALF:

Pokemon in World Leaders are EV-ed with flawless stats, I think.
    If you're just using a Sigilyph with -Speed Nature and low Speed IV and no Speed EV, of course almost everything in World Tournament will outspeed it.

Regarding Speed............is Trick Room in effect? What about Speed-boosting move? I know Marlon's Carracosta has Shell Smash.
    Also, is the opponent holding a Choice Scarf? Is the opponent holding a Salac Berry, and it activated? Candice's Mamoswine does hold a Salac Berry.....maybe you just didn't see it activating.

~Shiny Banner 1~
    ~Shiny Banner 2~
    ~Shiny Banner 3~

Pokemon in World Leaders are EV-ed with flawless stats, I think.
    If you're just using a Sigilyph with -Speed Nature and low Speed IV and no Speed EV, of course almost everything in World Tournament will outspeed it.

Regarding Speed............is Trick Room in effect? What about Speed-boosting move? I know Marlon's Carracosta has Shell Smash.
    Also, is the opponent holding a Choice Scarf? Is the opponent holding a Salac Berry, and it activated? Candice's Mamoswine does hold a Salac Berry.....maybe you just didn't see it activating.
    So then they'd all have 31 speed IVs as well? I guess that makes more sense. And yeah the only Sigilyph I have that had hypnosis was Brave natured which I didn't think about. Not sure what its IVs are. I've checked the items/moves that the opponents have, especially when this happens, so I've been more understanding when it has a Choice Scarf. But no, Mamoswine hadn't used the berry when it outsped my Arcanine (it still had almost full health). I see when Trick Room activates and when it goes away; but Carracosta hadn't used Shell Smash yet =\.

I guess the brave nature and the opponents perfect stats clears some things up...Now I just need to figure out the tricks to waking up quickly, getting critical hits a lot when they actually matter, and moving with paralysis =.=
    ★★Click the card to see my complete shiny card!★★

Current Shiny Hunts
    Swablu, Vulpix, Cottonee; Black 2 (Abundant Shrine): 1,000 REs
    Scyther; Platinum (Route 210 North): 7,100 REs (+32,282 REs = 4 Phases)
    HeartGold Badge Quest (#14) (Azalea Town) - Heracross: 3,900 HBs (+4,783 HBs = 2 Phases)
    HEARTGOLD BADGE QUEST:
    JOHTO HALF:
    KANTO HALF:

I love PWT and hope to see mor tournaments, like against people with only legendary trios.
    I claim Salamence and Castform(Rain)!!!;

Fear their power!!!

So then, yesterday I went into the mono water-type tourney with a Gyarados, a Jellicent, and an untrained Quagsire and somehow won. The Quagsire was surprisingly helpful.

I wish there start releasing more Download tournaments, I'm bored of beating the Champions now.

yay I won the champions tournament yesterday
    now I have a SILVER trainer card :O
    My fc: 4871 5236 8426

Dare to battle me?

I'm back

I love it how I bring a Shell Smash Cloyster with the standard Smogon set and they bring Pokemon with priority moves.
    PWT logic, someone tweet that.
    3DS FC: 3652-1012-6122
    Dark Pit isn't that bad of an inclusion, you'll get over it trust me.

Still working on the type expert tourneys. Still can't win flying. It's getting really frustrating.

^I've beaten all of the tournaments except the type experts. Are they really that difficult?

Credit to zhanton
    Quote Originally Posted by wingzx View Post
    omg Larry is on! i can now sleep in peace knowing he is ok!

Quote Originally Posted by Larry View Post
    ^I've beaten all of the tournaments except the type experts. Are they really that difficult?
    I'm not using EV trained pokemon, and don't have a life orb or any of that. They're probably not as hard as it seems, it's likely I'm not using the most efficient method.

Quote Originally Posted by arronishere View Post
    I wish there start releasing more Download tournaments, I'm bored of beating the Champions now.
    Hmm... looks like you're in a similar boat as I...

waiting for the unova league pwt's arrival internationally, or at least stateside...

almost a one week plus one day gap of announcement of that pwt download when judging from when the final day before the start of the "one week until the first unova league episode first airs" period occured for japan vs. that of the states, and in the case of the occurence of the former, the date that same pwt was announced for release three weeks later for the region mentioned in the former, all assuming that time used for localization of the episodes is excluded...

^ Then again... sunday's not a main business day here in the states, so they have an excuse now, but if they wait past monday w/ no announcement of download for international(or stateside) versions...
    Last edited by gregjammer; 10th March 2013 at 7:43 AM.
    My D/P FC: 4255-0421-2254
    My Pt FC: 2450-0507-5436(old)
    My HG FC:3524-8966-7093(old)
    My black FC: 0691-4324-8351
    My black 2 FC: 3440-0907-8860
    My Y FC: 4038-6458-7352

Fail by me haha. I thought I could collect more red shards if I lost in the final instead of the 1st round.

All goes to show even my wisdom is not all-encompassing.
    [IMG]http://i52.*******.com/tahegy.png[/IMG]

The New Generation

i just did rentals single, cleared easily
    i swept the first round with joltik (agility + electro ball ftw)
    second battle against cheren i swept with litwik (though i didn't defeat every pokemon in a single hit)
    third battle against bianca i swept with krokorok (dat moxie)

i don't see how people have problems with rentals
    Last edited by samrules4; 21st March 2013 at 3:11 AM.
    black 2 fc: 2753-1852-9535
    dwfs i own:

Default @Cpchris

You shouldn't actually focus on Leader Tournaments' IV stats when it comes to the facts you'll have a hard time checking out the Pokémon's IV's (You can't even check your opponent's own) and the EV stat-raising items are still collectable around the region. They can be used to balance your Pokémon's natures and particularly, PP-ups will become in use here. Many useful attacks, like Moonlight and Blizzard have too less this. You can raise the stats more effectively going at Join Avenue. It's safest to prefer Rotation Battles (when you know how to proceed with rotating well) as the switching and safe-keeping just depends on the ratios between your Pokémon's speed. You have to pay attention to the abilities your Pokémon has against the opponent leader's Pokémon and suit their attacks with that. So, what Pokémon in your team would succeed exceptably against the leaders of 5 regions?
    Unova: There's 14 of them! Well - it's easy to complete (with Flygon particularly)
    Kanto: There are rock, water, grass, poison, psychic and ground types. If you caught a Piloswine in Giant Chasm, it may stay against them all.
    Johto: Cresselia (Ability Levitate; with moves Future Sight, Moonlight and Ice Beam), Lucario (probably hardest to complete, so good defenses are needed)
    Hoenn: Poliwrath (Water Absorb; Hypnosis, Focus Punch) (Knock-out for Norman, Flannery and Juan)
    Sinnoh: Lapras (Crasher Wake would heal it with water moves and Lapras would know Thunder) As it is extra-rare, you could get Quaqsire as well. Beats Roark, Volkner and gets HP from Wake. Virizion with X-Scissor and a move to strike Ice-type Candice.
    These are the Pokémon with advantages. You would understand then. This all is possible in Black/White2.

Page 16 of 19 FirstFirst ... 61213141516171819 LastLast