Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 713141516171819 LastLast

Thread: Pokémon World Tournament Discussion Thread [Read First Post]

i'm facing Norman in the World Leaders Master rank in the PWT and Norman says: "I moved from Olivine to Petalburg city to get stronger"

So does that mean that Brendan and his from Ruby/Sapphire was from Olivine? was that ever revealed before??

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone View Post
    i'm facing Norman in the World Leaders Master rank in the PWT and Norman says: "I moved from Olivine to Petalburg city to get stronger"

So does that mean that Brendan and his from Ruby/Sapphire was from Olivine? was that ever revealed before??
    I don't remember it being mentioned before. That's neat though, since I've always wondered where they were moving from.
    3DS Friend Code: 1118-0538-5698
    Twitter Tumblr

Well i challenged the singles johto leader tournament this morning with Braviary, Ampharos and Shiny Charizard. First was Jasmine, and Charizard easily destroyed all of her team. Then was Pryce, Charizard again was given no problems with Cloyster (suprisingly) and Mamoswine but then comes lapras, but i switched to ampharos and after a double discharge , we were in the final. It was Morty, and an anti-climax, Charizard had shadow claw and ripped through Dusknoir Gengar and Froslass i think it was. Only sinnoh to go now.
    My Shiny Pokemon:

5th Gen:
    ;Emolga; ;Solosis;

6th Gen:
    Greninja ;Volcarona; (X2) Aegislash ;Lampent; Diggersby

Luvin' the t'wigs <3
    3DS fc: Paddy 2621-3316-5077 (Pm if you add me)

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone View Post

I think it has been mentioned in R/S/E that they were moving away from Johto, but the specific town is never mentioned until now.

My shinies. Just click the links~

~Shiny Banner 1~
    ~Shiny Banner 2~
    ~Shiny Banner 3~

My shinies are not for trade or cloning.
    Shinies are not listed in order, for example the last shiny on the banner is not always the latest shiny I've obtained.
    Banner 1 made by Light Venusaur, thanks ^_^

Challenged the Rental Tournament since my team sucks (and I'm going to replace it sooner or later). I ended up with some pretty good Pokemon, a Bouffalant, a Maractus, and a Swanna. I faced a random trainer (I think his name was Fidel). That one was close, my Bouffalant defeated his Leavanny with Stone Edge, but fell to Basculin's Waterfall. Then I sent out Maractus and killed it with Solarbeam, but Heatmor killed it. I then barely ended up killing it with Swanna's Brave Bird. Next, I faced Clay. He sent out a Cincinno that used U-Turn and he swapped in Swoobat, but luckily Stone Edge made quick work of him. He then sent his Cincinno back out and I killed that with Revenge. Then he sent out Emolga, which also fell to Stone Edge, so that was a much easier battle. In the final battle I faced Bianca. She started with Audino, which proceeded to use nothing but Simple Beam, so that was an easy victory. She then sent out a Scolipede, who also didn't even attack me while I used Stone Edge to defeat it. Lastly, she sent out Alomomola, which managed to kill my Bouffalant, but my Maractus easily finished it off. So I won the entire tournament with overall little difficulty.

I am destroying the World Leaders Tournament with a Moxie Salamence, a Gyarados with a Life Orb, and a Rhyperior. But get this: The one time I didn't use Rhyperior, opting for Venusaur instead, I was up against Wattson, Elesa, and Volkner. When I got to the second round, I was like "FUUUUUUUUU...."(is mysteriously cut off by ghost of censorship past)
    I AM ERROR!
    Check out my YouTube channel! http://m.youtube.com/#/user/NinjaOfT...injaOfTheSkies
    My Pokemon/Futurama fanfic: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/9186329/...anto-Adventure

I just beat the Champion Tournament, and I have to say, I am LOVING the Champion themes in the Gen V soundfont. And the Champion Tournament final round theme? Woah.
    I AM ERROR!
    Check out my YouTube channel! http://m.youtube.com/#/user/NinjaOfT...injaOfTheSkies
    My Pokemon/Futurama fanfic: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/9186329/...anto-Adventure

Quote Originally Posted by ThePurpleOne View Post
    I just beat the Champion Tournament, and I have to say, I am LOVING the Champion themes in the Gen V soundfont. And the Champion Tournament final round theme? Woah.
    Agreed.

I just finished the 2012 junior division challenge in 10 minutes with not-so-badass Pokemon. It WAS a cakewalk tbqh.

I bet that the PWT made older Pokemon Fans buy BW2. IT IS AWESOME. It provides nostalgia to long-time fans, and introduces some awesome people to new fans. Wattson, Brock, Chuck...Awesome Gym Leaders make this Tournament EPIC! (Plus Chuck is the Gym Leader version of our world's Chuck Norris. No kidding!)
    I AM ERROR!

So I am wondering, are only the World Leader's Pokémon EV'd or does this also apply for them in their seperate region cups? Because I notice that their Pokémon tend to take more hits in WL than for example the Unova or Hoenn league.
    I claimed Machoke in the Official Claim a Pokémon thread.
    And I unofficially claim Shizui/Marlon and Brawly.

I don't suppose anyone might be able to give me some tips? I'm going through the champion's tournament right now, and i've beaten every champion at least once with my current set up (Houndoom w/Razor Claw; Serperior w/Miracle Seed; Samurott w/Expert Belt). I've gotten to the finals a couple of times, so it's an okay team, but I really feel like I need to change my team. I understand that the pokemon they use are randomly generated, but there has to be a few set ups somewhere that can rip through everything. EDIT: Finally beat it using Scizor, Kingdra, and Volcarona. I got really lucky with the pokemon I fought.
    Last edited by Nevmaster; 7th May 2013 at 6:25 AM.
    WHITE 2 FC: 0863 4765 6939

Credit goes to Eeveelover824 for the awesome banner!

Oh man, am I losing my edge... just got pwned by Lance and his stinkin' Dragons. I hate that guy.
    I AM ERROR!

Man...you thought the PWT was hard until you get to the Champions tournament. My god is that thing hard. I'm more of a fan of Rental and Mix Master, cause your allowed to use anything. Still have Type Expert Tournaments to do....gonna be a long while to finish them.

Normal PWT: A little tricky, but nothing my Salamence can't handle.
    Champions PWT: OMG WTF THIS IS IMPOSSIBLE ASDFGHJJKL! (I have only beaten it once, but that was because Blue defeated Red, whose Pikachu is capable of felling Salamence with ONE HIT. Gah!
    I AM ERROR!

Currently farming the Rental battles for BP, and I swear they give the third opponent you face extra buffs.

- It has happened five times now that the first attack that the third opponent uses in the battle is a critical hit
    - Recently, I got hit by a critical, then immediately by another, then got out-predicted on my switch-in for a normal attack, followed by a third critical hit.
    - Enemy uses Hurricane. It hits, I get confused, and I hit myself twice in a row. I use Hydro Pump, I miss four times in a row. Then I use my Hurricane, and miss twice more in a row before getting killed by a crit.
    - Ferroseed, which had great defenses already, used Curse 5 times. Was sitting at 100% health with my 5 Curses up, Gurdurr used Superpower. It doesn't crit or anything, but it still KOs my Pokemon.
    - Patrat outspeeds my Herdier. no Quick Claw. Uses Slam. No crit, OHKOs my Herdier.

That's all from my past 10 or so tournaments, some of the more vague ones happening multiple times. And these things always, and only, happen with the third opponent, never with the first two. I swear it's like in Mario Kart how they give your opponents more speed the farther ahead of them you are. Do too well, and the game default gives these trainers incredible hax and sudden boosts of speed and power. Maybe I'm just getting extremely unlucky, but the fact that this stuff only happens in the final fight, and something happens every single time, I seriously doubt it's all on bad luck.
        Spoiler:- My Blog and Friend Codes:
    My Shinies:

Quote Originally Posted by Nevmaster View Post
    I don't suppose anyone might be able to give me some tips? I'm going through the champion's tournament right now, and i've beaten every champion at least once with my current set up (Houndoom w/Razor Claw; Serperior w/Miracle Seed; Samurott w/Expert Belt). I've gotten to the finals a couple of times, so it's an okay team, but I really feel like I need to change my team. I understand that the pokemon they use are randomly generated, but there has to be a few set ups somewhere that can rip through everything.
    I don't know about their teams being randomly generated, most of the champions always seem to start off with their best Pokémon (at least that's what they do in Single Mode, could never be bothered trying Double/Triple/Rotation lol). e.g. Cynthia always opens with Garchomp and Lance with Dragonite etc. Have you trained your Pokémon to have certain EVs? I'd recommend switching their items around, have you tried using Gems instead of Miracle Seed/Expert Belt? These items don't disappear forever if used in competitive play, so don't worry about having to keep finding new ones. The Gems pretty much work as a free Critical Hit, the Pokémon you face in the Champions Tournament are often going to one-shot your Pokémon so I'd suggest the 50% attack power boost that Gems give you rather than the 20% from items such as the Expert Belt.
    Black 2 FC - 2237 5230 0474

Tried the Kanto Tournament today, got whiped out by Surge on the first Round, that's okay, i've gone unprepared anyway.
    Then, tried Johto after that, beat Chuck but got again whiped out by Morty's Gengar, that thing is a Monster.
    Guess i will have to prepare myself even more and train harder. I'm gonna get them next time, they will see...
    Believe in you and in what you are capable of. Then, you will be able to do anything.
    My first shiny.

OMG I did not realise that you could battle so much in the PWT!!! I want to reach the region tournaments and the Champion Tournament so much now. I want to face off against Red and Blue! I really need to get a move on with EV training my team. I can't wait to do this now. I always thought that it was just a tournament to download teams to play against from the interweb like the actual tournament winners teams.

i love the champioms tournament, i do it all the time. i hope they bring this back in X and Y. the only person in the champions tournament that i lose to on a daily basis now is cynthia. that glaceon...
    PM me if you want to battle! i'm always looking for a good battle!

"strong pokemon. weak pokemon. that is only the selfish perception of people. real trainers try to win with their favorites." - karen

black 2 national pokedex: 649/649

Been taking on world leaders tournaments 5wins to go to be able to challenge champions.!!! He
    Been doing double battles with Bronzong,excadrill,garchomp, and scizor
    Black 2 fc: 0176 0022 1991-Jorge
    credit to me

The champion s that give me trouble are lance, Cynthia and blue. But Steven is easy. His Al is so terrible that he used rock slide on my pokemon that resisted it!

Can I get some advice on my team before I dive Into the PWT?
    I'm going to be EV training beforehand.

So far I have a team of:
    Samurott- Life Orb
    Waterfall
    Aqua Jet
    Megahorn
    Swords Dance

Golurk - Not sure about held Item
    Stealth Rock
    Earthquake
    Ice Punch
    Shadow Punch

Lucario - Life Orb
    Nasty Plot
    Dark Pulse
    Aura Sphere
    - Don't know what to put In this slot, Vacuum wave kind of Isn't an option any-more.

Scrafty - Life Orb?
    Dragon Dance
    Hi-Jump Kick
    Ice Punch
    Crunch

Haxorus - Not sure which Item
    Dragon Dance
    Earthquake
    Outrage
    Low Kick

I was thinking of possibly replacing my Samurott with another Water Pokemon, which Pokemon though I don't know (a bulky Water-type with decent sp atk is probably a good idea, Vaporeon?).
    I'm also looking for a sixth member for my team, who could I add In that last slot?

What are the best teams or team for the PWT?

Quote Originally Posted by BNator92 View Post
    I love the idea and I think it's better than the Battle Subway in every way. For one, it doesn't take even half as long to earn BP, and depending on how well you performed in the tourny, you get about twice as many points than you would the Subway. Secondly, you have a lot more variety and you're not just stuck in casual battles. They have incorporated gimmicks (e.g Type Expert, Mix, Rental etc).
    Oh, and the tournaments will give you troubles at some point. I wouldn't even think about underestimating.
    You are completely right. I enjoyed the Battle Subway for a while in BW, but just felt to much like a clone of past Battle Frontiers. The PWT is refreshing and a clever way of battling new and old gym leaders.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow1624 View Post
    What are the best teams or team for the PWT?
    I can't say. I'd generally say having a wide variety of pokemon for different types and being capable of high damage and speed is probably what you'd want for the PWT>

Or using an EV trained team.

Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 713141516171819 LastLast